right lane switch 2 (resized).jpg
IMG_1554 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1551 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1552 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1553 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1550 (resized).jpeg
20240225_174730 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

16 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 3,033 posts in this topic. You are on page 33 of 61.
#1601 1 year ago

Gave my deposit in Dec to Cointaker. Still nothing!!!!!

#1602 1 year ago
Quoted from Turboghia:

Has anyone gotten their orders from Cointaker? If so when did you get on the reservation list and pay for your deposit? Just trying to gauge

I ordered and received mine from Cointaker. Ordered on 11/19/21. Pretty sure this was the day it became available for preorder. Paid $500 on 1/18/22. Paid in full 3/7/22. Was shipped 3/21/22 and received it 3/22/22. Hope this helps.

#1603 1 year ago

cointaker says they are getting shipments of 20 kits each few weeks

#1604 1 year ago

Any news on the .88 code update and when it might be available for download? I'm assuming there's a lot going into it based on recent feedback from the initial shipments, and I'm excited to scope it out when the time comes.

#1605 1 year ago
Quoted from Zukidog:

Any news on the .88 code update and when it might be available for download? I'm assuming there's a lot going into it based on recent feedback from the initial shipments, and I'm excited to scope it out when the time comes.

I can't say when, other than hopefully very soon, but I can say that there are a ton of bugs that have been squashed and a plethora of the communities feedback that is being implemented into it as we speak. .88 is going to be the biggest code update that has been done so far. Thank you for your patience.

#1606 1 year ago

OK, I just finished installing the kit, however I have not turned the game on yet. I wanted to know where do you get the firmware updates, and how do you do it, to make sure the fast cpu and or pin sound is current. I see the link given for the game code itself at .87 or is that all you need to update?

#1607 1 year ago

Also, I just booted the game up, currently running code .86. I know I need to update to .87,but just asking if this was the code problem or something else, in original mode, the ball ejects into the shooter lane works just fine, however in Funhouse 2.0 mode, the ball barely ejects. To be almost unplayable just sitting with the weak ball kicker tries over and over again. Any ideas on this? Rest of everything else works just fine. Current Firmware is 2.01.

#1608 1 year ago
Quoted from jetmechinnc:

Also, I just booted the game up, currently running code .86. I know I need to update to .87,but just asking if this was the code problem or something else, in original mode, the ball ejects into the shooter lane works just fine, however in Funhouse 2.0 mode, the ball barely ejects. To be almost unplayable just sitting with the weak ball kicker tries over and over again. Any ideas on this? Rest of everything else works just fine. Current Firmware is 2.01.

I would suggest updating the code to .87 first and going from there.

#1609 1 year ago
Quoted from jetmechinnc:

Please update the usb to .87 code as Zukidog mentioned, and if your problems persist please pm me a pic of your boot up code screen and we can go from there.

It is always the best practice to start with the latest code.

#1610 1 year ago

So installed the new code.87 , same thing. Ball seems to eject fine on funhouse 1.0. (always was strong with the original boards etc) but on funhouse 2.0, ball eject is super weak. Sometimes it ejects a ball, other times it moves it a bit and the ball rolls back in the trough. Than after 10-20 seconds, it tries again, and maybe it gets a ball out. Makes the 2.0 pointless and truly a nightmare to play.

#1611 1 year ago
Quoted from UVAJED:

if your problems persist please pm me a pic of your boot up code screen and we can go from there.

Sent you a PM with the pick of boot up screen

#1612 1 year ago

Also, I don't see how the sub gets powered since you disconnect one wire. to connect the one in the kit. per the video I don't see anything that I missed.

#1613 1 year ago

OK, without a doubt, this product has the best customer support that I have ever been involved with. Not only did pinsider UVAJED take the past 1.5 hours of his day to walk me through several test and spot minor flaws in my game, we fixed the issue! So in 2.0, specific power is sent to each coils as needed, in the original 1.0, as the original was, gave full power captain to just about everything. So my balls ejecting from the trough worked great in 1.0, but not so much in 2.0 due to lower power, maybe to help preserve the shooter lane? Anyhow, UVAJED noticed my ball ejector linkage was bent/curved and was not hitting the balls in the center, more of a glancing blow. Never noticed it with the old game. So after a couple of tweaks with a pair of Knipix pliers, got the metal straight (will fine tune it a bit later and may buy a new one just because) the ball now comes out of the trough consistently!!!

YAY, the nightmare is over!!!

UVAJED, Thank you soooooo much for your help and for anyone nervous about this upgrade, don't be, the animations, the sound effects, etc are top notch and with a simple hold down of the start button to switch between 1.0 and 2.0 is perfect. I can't wait to see what other games they come out with. If it happens to be one of the games I am restoring at the time, I will definitely be placing my order day one now that I know of the quality product and especially the amazing people backing this program!!!!!

It is amazing to me, that so far, almost all of the issue people have had were basically due to the game being old, ie ribbon cables, diodes, bent metal. These are thankfully minor issues and not due to the upgrade, nice.
Jason

#1614 1 year ago
Quoted from jetmechinnc:

OK, without a doubt, this product has the best customer support that I have ever been involved with. Not only did pinsider UVAJED take the past 1.5 hours of his day to walk me through several test and spot minor flaws in my game, we fixed the issue! So in 2.0, specific power is sent to each coils as needed, in the original 1.0, as the original was, gave full power captain to just about everything. So my balls ejecting from the trough worked great in 1.0, but not so much in 2.0 due to lower power, maybe to help preserve the shooter lane? Anyhow, UVAJED noticed my ball ejector linkage was bent/curved and was not hitting the balls in the center, more of a glancing blow. Never noticed it with the old game. So after a couple of tweaks with a pair of Knipix pliers, got the metal straight (will fine tune it a bit later and may buy a new one just because) the ball now comes out of the trough consistently!!!
UVAJED, Thank you soooooo much for your help and for anyone nervous about this upgrade, don't be, the animations, the sound effects, etc are top notch and with a simple hold down of the start button to switch between 1.0 and 2.0 is perfect. I can't wait to see what other games they come out with. If it happens to be one of the games I am restoring at the time, I will definitely be placing my order day one now that I know of the quality product and especially the amazing people backing this program!!!!!
It is amazing to me, that so far, almost all of the issue people have had were basically due to the game being old, ie ribbon cables, diodes, bent metal. These are thankfully minor issues and not due to the upgrade, nice.
Jason

Pinball sainthood nominee UVAJED !

Aaron
FAST Pinball

#1615 1 year ago

Glad you got yours working…

#1616 1 year ago
Quoted from FrankJ:

Glad you got yours working…

Sorry to hear that. Please check your pm.

#1617 1 year ago
Quoted from jetmechinnc:

Jason

This is interesting to hear. I was having the opposite issue in 2.0 where the ball shoots so hard it would constantly bounce back into the ball trough and then I would have to wait for the ball search. It didn't do it before, or in 1.0 after the installation. Took me a bit to figure out the workaround that fixed it, but had to bend down the upper guide a bit.

#1618 1 year ago

Does 2.0 work fine with incandescent bulbs ?

#1619 1 year ago
Quoted from Turboghia:

Has anyone gotten their orders from Cointaker? If so when did you get on the reservation list and pay for your deposit? Just trying to gauge

Ordered November 19 and paid in full. Package arrived March 20. Wish I would have gotten the self installing option.

#1620 1 year ago
Quoted from Mando:

Does 2.0 work fine with incandescent bulbs ?

Yep.

Aaron
FAST Pinball

#1621 1 year ago
Quoted from fastpinball:

Yep.
Aaron
FAST Pinball

Cool I am buying one that’s getting restored , he makes them like original which means no LeDs lol . I can of course easily add them … but I like to keep his work of art as intended

PS I worked for Citrix for many years I know that’s you partner(Brian’s) old world haha .

#1622 1 year ago
Quoted from Mando:

Cool I am buying one that’s getting restored , he makes them like original which means no LeDs lol . I can of course easily add them … but I like to keep his work of art as intended
PS I worked for Citrix for many years I know that’s you partner(Brian’s) old world haha .

Congratulations and kuddos for all of that.

I have more mods in my FH 2.0 kit than anyone I could imagine on the planet having (not a challenge / and run all from external power supplies).

My hardware has been completely stable for me from the get go 100% throughout adding many mods afterwards.

I used to have incandescent bulbs with this kit, but switched to leds and all is still good.

Never overlook common sense...ever, but you will be golden with whichever lighting you decide to go with for your FH.

#1623 1 year ago
Quoted from Mando:

Small world! Pinball brings cool people together!

Aaron
FAST Pinball

#1624 1 year ago
Quoted from Mando:

I am the same way. I can confirm 2.0 works great with incandescent. There's one mode that happens that has a really cool effect on the GI that I can't believe was never done in the original.

#1625 1 year ago

Awesome well I will leave it as intended then ! I have his WH20 and it’s quite nice with the incandescent light so I am not pressed to go LEDS at all .

I am an fan of pinstadiuns so I may experiment with that see if it helps light it up more but it may just wash it out . But really when you have all new bulbs it’s quite bright !

#1626 1 year ago

I never liked how the lighting looked on the steps ramp so here is my mod.

ABE48204-BBF3-4832-802A-FE2AD8766BB6 (resized).jpegABE48204-BBF3-4832-802A-FE2AD8766BB6 (resized).jpegB8BADFAF-8001-4C77-8391-948A17FAB5C7 (resized).jpegB8BADFAF-8001-4C77-8391-948A17FAB5C7 (resized).jpeg
#1627 1 year ago

For instruction number 13, I don't have a valid 4 pin connector. There are 3, one has a blank in one slot, preventing the pin from going in.

They two others have a single wire in each connector...

Any ideas?

I'm also unable to select 2.0 from game select screen.

20220519_152032 (resized).jpg20220519_152032 (resized).jpg20220519_152404 (resized).jpg20220519_152404 (resized).jpg

20220519_154050 (resized).jpg20220519_154050 (resized).jpg
#1628 1 year ago
Quoted from Sean_bc:

For instruction number 13, I don't have a valid 4 pin connector. There are 3, one has a blank in one slot, preventing the pin from going in.
They two others have a single wire in each connector...
Any ideas?
I'm also unable to select 2.0 from game select screen.
[quoted image][quoted image]
[quoted image]

Please check your pm's and we can get you sorted.

#1629 1 year ago

Funhouse 2.0 continues to work well here / but soon it will be dismantled.

The restoration work on this machine has began in tandem with my PartyZone. Going keep it alive until I need the wiring harness and Rudy Mechs.

The machine I converted has well over 100k plays and while it has good bones its way overdue for a complete restoration. The
original PF got pretty beat up so have a restored DiamondPlate going in. Going to the extreme and breaking out ultrasonic for all
the mechs and deep cleaning the baked in grime.

Can't wait to share the end results.

#1630 1 year ago
Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

Funhouse 2.0 continues to work well here / but soon it will be dismantled.
The restoration work on this machine has began in tandem with my PartyZone. Going keep it alive until I need the wiring harness and Rudy Mechs.
The machine I converted has well over 100k plays and while it has good bones its way overdue for a complete restoration. The
original PF got pretty beat up so have a restored DiamondPlate going in. Going to the extreme and breaking out ultrasonic for all
the mechs and deep cleaning the baked in grime.
Can't wait to share the end results.

Keep us posted, that's a exciting undertaking. Not sure I'd want to go with two machines down at once!

#1631 1 year ago

Does anyone else have trouble powering the game on using a smart plug? I find that most times it doesn’t power up and boot properly using the smart plug. Powering off and back on with the switch always fixes it.

#1632 1 year ago

Need to find a way to wire up my monkey

20220511_173251 (resized).jpg20220511_173251 (resized).jpg
#1633 1 year ago

Big thanks to UVAJED for all of his help. Two days short of a month ago I contacted Planetary for support. Mine had a dead display. Today I got my repaired unit back from them. Without UVAJED’s help, I truly believe I’d still be waiting. I thought there would be excitement to finally get it going. There was relief, then I just turned it off.

#1634 1 year ago
Quoted from FrankJ:

Big thanks to UVAJED for all of his help. Two days short of a month ago I contacted Planetary for support. Mine had a dead display. Today I got my repaired unit back from them. Without UVAJED’s help, I truly believe I’d still be waiting. I thought there would be excitement to finally get it going. There was relief, then I just turned it off.

That's awesome news FrankJ and I am relieved for you as well. I highly suggest to power it up and enjoy the #%^# out of it as soon as you can without any pretenses moving forward asap.

There have been some machine issues, hardware issues, software issues, end user confusion (no shame there EVER) and 98% have been fixed and the other 2% are going to be solved shortly. << Not your fault.

Hang tight if anyone is still having 'bugs' of sorts, but just know that I personally spent 4-5hr today, as well as the other beta testers (but especially Janos in software) to almost finish up debugging .88 code and it's going to be great and pretty much done.

I, sincerely, appreciate you guys for the kuddos to me; but, I definitely don't feel like I deserve any more appreciation than all of YOU do for you being just as excited about the end-game for FH 2.0 in the end.

I would like to thank YOU ALL for visualizing this, before/after the kit came out, and now somehow it's a reality?!? (I once heard that "If you picture and believe it enough...anything can manifest")

I'm looking forward to when we all are just comparing our high scores and strategies soon. Mine is 93-mill so far.

#1635 1 year ago

UVAJED is our dream tech support

#1636 1 year ago

Spent some time playing this morning. The rules to 2.0 make much more sense now that the display works. Bring on the .88 revision!

I’m not sure I like the larger graphics on the original game. Just my opinion, but I would prefer the original size in orange lettering, just like the original display. Now if Williams would let them create full graphics for it, I would be all in!

#1637 1 year ago

Any reason the link to 0.87 seems to have been deleted? Is .88 coming today?

Quoted from UVAJED:

That's awesome news FrankJ and I am relieved for you as well. I highly suggest to power it up and enjoy the #%^# out of it as soon as you can without any pretenses moving forward asap.
There have been some machine issues, hardware issues, software issues, end user confusion (no shame there EVER) and 98% have been fixed and the other 2% are going to be solved shortly. << Not your fault.
Hang tight if anyone is still having 'bugs' of sorts, but just know that I personally spent 4-5hr today, as well as the other beta testers (but especially Janos in software) to almost finish up debugging .88 code and it's going to be great and pretty much done.
I, sincerely, appreciate you guys for the kuddos to me; but, I definitely don't feel like I deserve any more appreciation than all of YOU do for you being just as excited about the end-game for FH 2.0 in the end.
I would like to thank YOU ALL for visualizing this, before/after the kit came out, and now somehow it's a reality?!? (I once heard that "If you picture and believe it enough...anything can manifest")
I'm looking forward to when we all are just comparing our high scores and strategies soon. Mine is 93-mill so far.

#1638 1 year ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

Any reason the link to 0.87 seems to have been deleted? Is .88 coming today?

Thanks for the heads up djsolzs

Here's a link to .87 and remember to quick format the usb (fat32) before the install:

https://we.tl/t-0mSZK7GEDo

#1639 1 year ago

Got my 2.0 installed today. No issues when I turned the machine on. Haven't played it much yet. Playing the classic version, I noticed that Rudy's sound seemed much lower then the other sounds. Anyone notice this?

#1640 1 year ago
Quoted from insight75:

Playing the classic version, I noticed that Rudy's sound seemed much lower then the other sounds. Anyone notice this?

Ug, yes. 1.0 needs a better audio mix between the FX and the music. Hopefully in update?

#1641 1 year ago
Quoted from canea:

Ug, yes. 1.0 needs a better audio mix between the FX and the music. Hopefully in update?

OK. Glad it wasn't just me and agreed I hope they fix that in an update. Really enjoying the new game.

#1642 1 year ago

Got mine today as well, and just installed. Had some issues in terms of swapping out the speaker panel with the new one: the video nor instructions really covered it all that well, but I eventually got it figured out. Also, I thought the adjustments menu is pretty rudimentary. Really didn't like that switch test had no audible component for when a switch is activated, and at least on my game, the sizing of the screen on active switches seemed to not match up with the display.

Hope to put some plays on it over the next couple of days and give some more opinions and input.

#1643 1 year ago

Pedretti released a limited numbered (200 total ww) alternative translite for Rudy's Revenge ... we have some just in available on our store ... get one while you can ... after they sell out will not be available.

http://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PPS-FHRN-ALT-TL&Store_Code=PP

FHRN-ALT-TL (resized).pngFHRN-ALT-TL (resized).png

#1644 1 year ago

I just recieved my "alternate" translite.

Mhh ... the graphic/art is great but the whole translite ... mhh.
The print is not really sharp. I guess under 300 dpi. It is not a real glass. It is a thicker plexi or PET-G.
The backsinde is not white screenned. The print is very thick, so good chances that also black will cover the light from the bulbs.
So, nice artwork but I expected a little bit more. It would great if taht would be printed on real glass, maybe with mirroreffect.
The pricing is fair ! So a very nice add-on if you prefer this art instead the original or 2.0 translite design. But not a real "must have" for me.

If I find some time I will make to small videos with the different backglasses build in and in attract mode. To compare how they used the backbox lightning.

#1646 1 year ago
Quoted from Pedretti_Gaming:

Hello!
Game Code 0.88 is online!
Download here:
https://www.pinballremakes.com/downloads/
Thanks!

With this update we won’t need to update the firmware separate?
Been waiting for the .88 to drop before trying to update the firmware

#1647 1 year ago

Thank you all sincerely for your patience.

.88 Release notes:

-The lock/hidden hallway was completely re-written and thank all for your feedback.

-Ball Search = faster and more thorough
-Trough eject = + coil stregnth
-Hurry Hide mini mode = timer delay / slower countdown for jackpot
-Mode timer extensions = delays on the countdown when a ball is in the scoop, lock, hideout, etc
-Lighting effects = + and also wizard mode
-Haunted Roller Coaster non playable = fixed
-Hard lock shot sometimes registers twice = fixed
-Steps gate non-functional and/or doesn't open consistently = fixed
-Haunted Roller Coaster is lit during multiball mode but is non-playable if you hit the mirror = fixed
-Nightmare Multiball won't start after actually melting the Clone/Clown = fixed
-Animations from previous game carry over into next game after long press reset = fixed
-Steps switches for Melt the Clone register as "Missed" when hit correctly = fixed
-Skill shot awarded at the beginning of Nightmare Multiball = fixed
-Double lock kickouts and sounds during wizard mode = fixed
-Stacking modes animations overlapping = fixed
-Wizard mode lock registers 2 balls locked on first ball = fixed
-Nightmare Multiball missing first Jackpot callout/animations if done quickly = fixed
-High score scrolling to enter initials = now active
-With more to come to a Funhouse near you

#1648 1 year ago

Update in progress: Both my screens are blank, so have no idea if it is updating or not. Any chance a progress bar can be included in the next firmware? While I know it's irrational, the blank screen makes the end user feel like there is a 50/50 chance of bricking the game.

*** Weird - first try... nothing happened. Just a blank screen. Redownloaded and now the "system update in progress is on and apparently updating. ***

#1649 1 year ago

So the update has not worked for me at all. Game boots with .88 code showing on screen but when the selection screen comes up, a bong hits and "CPU CONNECTION ERROR" flashes. End result is I cannot select a game. I've tried reseating all connectors, even though I only removed the USB drive, but nothing changes.
IMG_8947 (resized).jpgIMG_8947 (resized).jpg

#1650 1 year ago
Quoted from phillymadison:

With this update we won’t need

With this update we won’t need to update the firmware separate?
Been waiting for the .88 to drop before trying to update the firmware

That is correct. Your firmware should be 02.01

Quoted from mikeflan:

So the update has not worked for me at all. Game boots with .88 code showing on screen but when the selection screen comes up, a bong hits and "CPU CONNECTION ERROR" flashes. End result is I cannot select a game. I've tried reseating all connectors, even though I only removed the USB drive, but nothing changes.
[quoted image]

That is odd. Please check your pm's.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 22.50
$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Haledon, NJ
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 26.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bethel Park, PA
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

13,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

There are 3,033 posts in this topic. You are on page 33 of 61.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/funhouse-20-rudy-s-nightmare/page/33 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.