(Topic ID: 310125)

Cactus Canyon Remake Club - New Sheriffs in Town! (with FAQs)

By jfh

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,466 posts
  • 759 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 hours ago by Macca101010
  • Topic is favorited by 382 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Which version have you ordered and/or received?”

• Limited Edition [LE] 333 votes
    51%
  • Special Edition with Wild West topper [SE+] 104 votes
    16%
  • Special Edition [SE] 217 votes
    33%

(654 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240502_172901 (resized).jpg
IMG_0826 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0825 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240427_183845_Chrome (resized).jpg
IMG_0159.jpeg
IMG_0160.jpeg
IMG_0158.jpeg
IMG_2145 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2138 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2139 (resized).jpeg
20240415_145651 (resized).jpg
IMG_5053 (resized).jpg
IMG_5068 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
Screenshot_20240408_083646_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408_031213_Drive (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,466 posts in this topic. You are on page 295 of 310.
#14701 4 months ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Would perhaps reseat all the connections and check the fuses related to the motors..
Pull them out and check with meter

Thanks - I was also thinking fuse. I’m looking through the manual now but am not seeing an obvious denotation on which/where that might be for these motors. Any ideas?

#14702 4 months ago

F1 under the playfield on the big board.

LTG : )

#14703 4 months ago
Quoted from LTG:

F1 under the playfield on the big board.

You rock! And indeed, no continuity on the multimeter... Thanks LTG & @transprtr4u!

#14704 4 months ago
Quoted from JorgesArcade:

Received mine a few weeks back. I wasn’t impressed with magnetic pull of both. Kinda weak. Any tips?

Are you having issues cause of them not being flat from the packaging? I laid mine out flat between some heavy books for a couple of days before I put them on.

#14705 4 months ago
Quoted from mcvetyty:

Happy New Year everyone - hoping someone is around to help me troubleshoot an issue I started running into this morning. When I turned on the machine I got switch errors related the mine and the train. After some sleuthing I determined the switches are working fine but the motors for both seem to not be working as I cannot get the train or the mine to move.
I’m not seeing anything obvious beneath the playfield. Anyone have any direction they can provide? Thank you!

The fuse under the large board is probably blown. I would check which fuse it is but I'm nowhere near my machine. You should have a replacement fuse in the goodies bag you got in the machine.

Edit: Didn't notice LTG answered already. He's always on top of it! Glad you got back up and running. Exact thing happed to mine.

#14706 4 months ago

Ordered 2021

Delivered 2024

Delivery driver Shannon 30 minutes out. Oh crap better make space!

DONE

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#14707 4 months ago

It’s up and topper fitted. Just going over everything before I turn it on, uh oh. Cracked ramp at the screw.

Paging LTG How do I do this from Australia. Our distributor or still a ticket with cgc? Thanks in advance mate.

IMG_1043 (resized).jpegIMG_1043 (resized).jpeg

72587740596__90B86C03-5637-44C1-9DC5-BF95B6F08309 (resized).jpeg72587740596__90B86C03-5637-44C1-9DC5-BF95B6F08309 (resized).jpeg
#14708 4 months ago
Quoted from jokerpoker:

Ordered 2021
Delivered 2024
Delivery driver Shannon 30 minutes out. Oh crap better make space!
DONE
[quoted image]

Nice! Where did you get that pinball cover?

#14709 4 months ago

I'm sorry for posting here. If no allowed please delete my post. I am thinking about buying an CC remake and i was wondering how people feel about the game? I hear some people say if flips way different compared to an Williams CC. But i prefer asking people who own the machine.

Thanks!

#14710 4 months ago
Quoted from NielsR:

I'm sorry for posting here. If no allowed please delete my post. I am thinking about buying an CC remake and i was wondering how people feel about the game? I hear some people say if flips way different compared to an Williams CC. But i prefer asking people who own the machine.
Thanks!

I have read posts from multiple people saying they find the flippers have a very original Bally/Williams feel to them.

#14711 4 months ago
Quoted from NielsR:

Thanks!

I have original B/W's in my lineup next to CCr. I bounce from game to game and don't notice any difference.

#14712 4 months ago
Quoted from SimplePin:

I have original B/W's in my lineup next to CCr. I bounce from game to game and don't notice any difference.

Thanks! thats a good thing to hear.

Quoted from Richard-NBA-SF2:

I have read posts from multiple people saying they find the flippers have a very original Bally/Williams feel to them.

Oooh woow thats great! than they did a great job. Thanks for your message.

#14713 4 months ago
Quoted from NielsR:

Thanks! thats a good thing to hear.

Oooh woow thats great! than they did a great job. Thanks for your message.

No prob! It’s a great pin! SinplePin makes a good point. I have all 4 remakes and have had CV, TZ and T2 next to them at different times and they all feel great!

Richard

#14714 4 months ago
Quoted from jokerpoker:

Paging LTG How do I do this from Australia. Our distributor or still a ticket with cgc? Thanks in advance mate.

I seen your ticket. I alerted it to the person that will assist you.

He'll know the best path to get you a new one.

Sorry about this.

#14715 4 months ago

have had CV, TZ and T2 next to them at different times and they all feel great!

but you only had them for about 5 minutes

#14716 4 months ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Quoted from transprtr4u:

It only takes me a few minutes to get a good feel, just ask your wife!

Jk!

Hehe

Richard

#14717 4 months ago

It only takes me a few minutes to get a good feel, just ask your wife!

She's always happy when you give 2 minutes of attention to her!

#14718 4 months ago

Just trying to get all the bugs worked out of my new Christmas present. Waiting on a new train motor and also I’ve never seen the right rear red flash beacon light during play. Granted I’ve only entered a few Polly peril modes but does anyone know what triggers or what play mode triggers this light? It lights OK in test mode.

Thanks in advance

#14719 4 months ago

Bad vs replacement cabinet brackets. I got the replacements from CGC, definitely beefier.

The plastic ‘protectors’ help cover the damage. I may or may not replace the cabinet decals down the road, but at least I have them.

IMG_0782 (resized).jpegIMG_0782 (resized).jpegIMG_0783 (resized).jpegIMG_0783 (resized).jpeg
#14720 4 months ago
Quoted from LTG:

I seen your ticket. I alerted it to the person that will assist you.
He'll know the best path to get you a new one.
Sorry about this.

Thanks mate. I wasn’t sure what to do and someone showed me how to open a ticket. I’ll wait and see.

#14721 4 months ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Bad vs replacement cabinet brackets. I got the replacements from CGC, definitely beefier.
The plastic ‘protectors’ help cover the damage. I may or may not replace the cabinet decals down the road, but at least I have them. [quoted image][quoted image]

We got the thicker ones on the Australian models. No issue with leg gate. You can slide a credit card under it. Maybe now I really need Lumalegz!!

IMG_1038 (resized).jpegIMG_1038 (resized).jpegIMG_1039 (resized).jpegIMG_1039 (resized).jpeg

#14722 4 months ago

Nice! Where did you get that pinball cover?

It came with a restored Dracula I bought years ago. Local guy here made it.

#14723 4 months ago

Update on the cracked ramp. Jim @ CGC has organised a new one to go into container due to leave in about a week. Great support and thanks again to LTG for bumping it up the chain. Now I can finally play it. Yee Haa!!!

#14724 4 months ago

I have been looking at possibly picking up and special edition and the guy said there was not any NEW code?? What the fuck happened to that?

#14725 4 months ago
Quoted from NielsR:

Thanks!

I think the big concern is where is the NEW code

#14726 4 months ago
Quoted from woody76:

If you see the new code and mech/add on in 2024 I will be shocked.

While I think CGC makes a good product their ability to deliver anything in kind of proper timeframe is ridiculously poor.

That being said I did not get the game because of the eventual code/add on release. We really enjoy the game and have no plans of getting rid of it anytime soon.

#14727 4 months ago
Quoted from NielsR:

I’ve owned all the CGC remakes save MM, and the only remake I still have is cactus canyon. A nicely maintained original flips and feels vastly different and better than the remakes. My friends that don’t own pinball machines and play a few times a year at my place can’t tell the difference, but they can hardly tell the difference between a gottlieb system 3 and Williams WPC flippers…so yeah.

All that said, cgc quality of cabinet and parts is top nachos. Many would trade the flipper feel of OG for the high quality brand newness of the remake. I’d rather have a very nice OG (but CC is still TBD with potential code enhancement from OG)

#14728 4 months ago
Quoted from woody76:

It’s been two whole days since the last person asked and every few days before that for the past 18 months. Thank god you came along to keep us on our toes.

#14729 4 months ago
Quoted from woody76:

I have been looking at possibly picking up and special edition and the guy said there was not any NEW code?? What the fuck happened to that?

Game ships with Extended by default. You can change that to original Cactus Canyon software.

New code. Well Lyman Sheats died. That sums up what the fuck happened. He did have it mapped out. Josh Sharp was helping and is continuing to see it finished.

Near the top right of this page you can search for poster, he is ifpapinball , for all of his posts in this thread. As I recall more recently he posted it was still about a year out.

It will be finished. It will come out. Right now no exact date for it. And no amount of pissing or moaning will speed it up.

#14730 4 months ago
Quoted from woody76:

no, not feeling concerned at all. game is fun as it is. buy a game for what it is, not what you hope it may be some day.

#14731 4 months ago
Quoted from LTG:

And no amount of pissing or moaning will speed it up.

Awwwww Mannnn, I WANT IT NOW ! ! ! ! !

#14732 4 months ago
Quoted from woody76:

IMG_20231229_140302.gifIMG_20231229_140302.gif
#14734 4 months ago

This game is solid and fun. It’s a keeper for me.

#14735 4 months ago
Quoted from Menthelm:

Are you having issues cause of them not being flat from the packaging? I laid mine out flat between some heavy books for a couple of days before I put them on.

I thought it would be that so I did the same for a few days as soon as I unpacked it. It stays but not the best magnetic attraction

#14736 3 months ago

I thought it would be that so I did the same for a few days as soon as I unpacked it. It stays but not the best magnetic attraction

Same here. I added the speaker covers - look great IMHO - that fasten over the magnetic speaker panel cover. There's no delamination or separation anywhere. 6 months + of use.
Not saying that you need a mod to make another mod work correctly. I think the speaker covers finish the look.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1026-pinball-haus/07396-speaker-insert-for-cactus-canyon-remake-pair-

Screenshot_20240103_053028_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20240103_053028_Gallery (resized).jpg
#14737 3 months ago

Just confirming that install is behind rings per seller

B0F9E8E8-BA9E-41AE-A360-C57DB6925164 (resized).jpegB0F9E8E8-BA9E-41AE-A360-C57DB6925164 (resized).jpegD4900C7D-6D11-49D3-A849-EF5FD6A1F149 (resized).jpegD4900C7D-6D11-49D3-A849-EF5FD6A1F149 (resized).jpeg
#14738 3 months ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

Just confirming that install is behind rings per seller
[quoted image][quoted image]

Yes installed behind . That helped hold it . Coin door is little loose. Does job though of making it more eye appealing.

#14739 3 months ago

Is there any update on the Cactus Canyon Lyman code upgrade and toy package? I see there is another mod for Rosies Saloon Bar doors. Isn't that the toy most likely in the Lyman package?

#14740 3 months ago
Quoted from Golgotha:

Is there any update on the Cactus Canyon Lyman code upgrade

Pinside_forum_7482342_0.gifPinside_forum_7482342_0.gif
#14741 3 months ago

Well we made it 54 hours without someone asking when the new code is coming

#14742 3 months ago
Quoted from Golgotha:

Is there any update on the Cactus Canyon Lyman code

Yup. Post 14729

#14743 3 months ago

Well my cactus canyon should be here tomorrow. Can’t wait. Also something something Lyman code something something??????

I wish there were art blades similar to the LEs available. But I guess I’ll just have to settle for flylands awesome ones.

#14744 3 months ago

I’ve got some flyland art blades not installed. 20% off MSRP and free shipping to you. Anyone want them? Message me!

#14745 3 months ago

Howdy Pilgrims

Finally received my game.

Game is built to a high standard as usual from CGC.

Looks and shoots bloody beautiful, I'm not sure what to do with all these playfield toys, not used to it 

Its nice to be able to work out the game without having to read a 20 page rulesheet too.

Wife loves it as well as its more approachable for her. Topper is beautiful as usual from CGC.

20240104_230314 (resized).jpg20240104_230314 (resized).jpg
#14746 3 months ago
Quoted from LTG:

Yup. Post 14729

Ok, I didn't think to do a search for the latest post regarding the status. Thank you for NOT being like others and take the moment to take out your own bitterness to bash on someone else. I thought it was hinted at being mid-year 2024. My CCLE is bolted to the floor, so I am fine with being patient. I guess we need to have one of those signs that says <place to enter number> Days since someone asked about Lyman package for CC.

#14747 3 months ago
Quoted from Macca101010:

Looks and shoots bloody beautiful, I'm not sure what to do with all these playfield toys, not used to it [quoted image]

If you like the playfield toys, getting the water tower and saloon entrance from Mageek is a solid move. This game looks great with all the quality mods available.

#14748 3 months ago

As someone who preordered pulp fiction, is there many ppl still waiting for their cactus canyon? I would love nothing more for them to finish these up and start on pulp.

#14749 3 months ago
Quoted from JordyRamone:

As someone who preordered pulp fiction, is there many ppl still waiting for their cactus canyon? I would love nothing more for them to finish these up and start on pulp.

I guess all of us in Europe are still waiting for CCR. Also preordered PF, so my patience is put to the test....but it will be worth waiting for.

#14750 3 months ago
Quoted from JordyRamone:

I would love nothing more for them to finish these up and start on pulp

Who doesn't...

Hoping you get your PF in under 2 years!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Littleton, CO
$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RavSpec

$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Cabinet - Other
Jorge’s Arcade Mods

$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Machine - For Sale
Virginia Beach, VA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 15,466 posts in this topic. You are on page 295 of 310.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cactus-canyon-remake-club-new-sheriffs-in-town/page/295?hl=mcvetyty and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.