(Topic ID: 310125)

Cactus Canyon Remake Club - New Sheriffs in Town! (with FAQs)

By jfh

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,489 posts
  • 760 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 24 hours ago by Hershmeister
  • Topic is favorited by 381 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Which version have you ordered and/or received?”

• Limited Edition [LE] 334 votes
    51%
  • Special Edition with Wild West topper [SE+] 104 votes
    16%
  • Special Edition [SE] 217 votes
    33%

(655 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240502_172901 (resized).jpg
IMG_0826 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0825 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240427_183845_Chrome (resized).jpg
IMG_0159.jpeg
IMG_0160.jpeg
IMG_0158.jpeg
IMG_2145 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2138 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2139 (resized).jpeg
20240415_145651 (resized).jpg
IMG_5053 (resized).jpg
IMG_5068 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
Screenshot_20240408_083646_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408_031213_Drive (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Cactus Canyon Remake FAQ (Part 1) Game Information Posted by jfh (2 years ago)

Post #836 Demonstration videos of Topper Shootout mode Posted by jfh (2 years ago)

Post #3286 Leg crimp fix Posted by PM_Jeremy (1 year ago)

Post #9030 Trough fix Posted by PM_Jeremy (1 year ago)

Post #9386 John Youssi’s initial idea sketch for the playfield art Posted by jtaudio (1 year ago)

Post #9938 Game play stream of LE with topper (dedicated topper cam) Posted by joelbob (1 year ago)

Post #10737 Sensor Trouble shooting guide Posted by jfh (1 year ago)

Post #11888 Adjusting inlane guides to minimize ball hop Posted by alveolus (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider junkyard.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#14671 4 months ago

I just placed an order with flipnout! Excited to get it. Guess I should start ordering some mods.

#14743 4 months ago

Well my cactus canyon should be here tomorrow. Can’t wait. Also something something Lyman code something something??????

I wish there were art blades similar to the LEs available. But I guess I’ll just have to settle for flylands awesome ones.

#14760 4 months ago

My se+ showed up today and I got it set up and threw some games on it. Everything seems to be working perfectly. I’m happy with it. I had played one on location and didn’t like it much, it’s too loud there to hear the games and I think it’s setup is bad/or it’s just beat with tons of plays and little maintenance. Really impressed with the quality feel of it. Need to get my mods and also a MM.

Hey what’s up with the new code? I’m only joking.

EC015548-AC85-4CF0-866F-CAEDE3EA6A58 (resized).jpegEC015548-AC85-4CF0-866F-CAEDE3EA6A58 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#14818 4 months ago
Quoted from Mageek:

Gotta say I disagree, but hey art is subjective

I agree but it’s the best one available. I wish something similar or the LE ones were available. Until then it’s the fly lands for me.

#14819 4 months ago

Does anyone know which size ring this is? It’s split on the backside. Figure I’ll just get it and some other stuff from Marco’s or planetary as the shipping is fast.

620FCF67-6A8B-4897-925A-2FAC73F7B57B (resized).jpeg620FCF67-6A8B-4897-925A-2FAC73F7B57B (resized).jpeg
#14824 4 months ago

Thank you for the help gentleman. I’m not at home so I couldn’t look at the manual.

#14836 4 months ago

Do other people’s toppers make a horrible sound when the arms move?

#14842 4 months ago

Mine make a loud electric whir sound. Not quite grinding. I can hear it over the factory volume setting.

#14853 4 months ago

Well I inspected the noise in the topper. It’s only coming from the left arm. I took the arm off but that’s just a tapered connection. Not sure if I could get inside of there and lube up whatever is making the noise. Probably going to contact CGC about it as I can’t find any parts or diagrams for Bart himself.

#14880 3 months ago

CGC responded to my ticket same day for my grinding topper arm. Just waiting on it to arrive in the mail.

Something weird my machine does. Every so often when I get a gunfight on the left side and it holds the ball. Right as it releases it or could it be just before or after it’s really hard to tell. It goes into ball search mode. The machine figures it out real quick when I hit a switch though. Seems it happens with one of the two right side bad guys. I’m not sure what I could even check for that. Any ideas? Seems like a software thing to me.

#14901 3 months ago
Quoted from Thorn-in-pinball:

Order Shipped UPS! Should be there soon.

I saw that. Thanks again!

#14922 3 months ago

This is a bummer. I have Rosie’s saloon and water tower coming so ordered Mezels train stop from Marco’s as they showed it in stock. Wonder if I should return it or cut it for string clearance.

#14937 3 months ago

I used a round file to notch for the string on the train stop mod. Also put the tape on the top thinking that buys me a bit of space.

I also found this vulture at the local farm supply store. It looks good but im thinking I’ll paint it to look like a turkey vulture. So I might ruin it. At 7.99 it’s not much of a gamble though.

Loving the game!!!

029449E7-001D-4DCF-9D28-D6F692FC0893 (resized).jpeg029449E7-001D-4DCF-9D28-D6F692FC0893 (resized).jpeg

DE949B21-4B8B-41CB-947D-B27DC002A532 (resized).jpegDE949B21-4B8B-41CB-947D-B27DC002A532 (resized).jpeg
#14946 3 months ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

I can see your point if you have not received your CC remake. They should finish these games as well as the future code and upgrade hardware first. I have had my SE for almost 2 years now so I’m ready for PF!!

I want a PF but I’m scared to put a deposit down and feel locked in to two years. When I can buy a used one or a distributor with an extra one. I found my CCr by finding it in stock, and buying it. Maybe I’ll still need to wait two years but I’ll feel better about it.

1 week later
#14976 3 months ago
Quoted from JoeChamp:Thank you for sharing a picture of what was causing the SDTM orbit. I will fix this on my CC LE #932

I read this and went and checked mine, yep opto poking out. I put a washer under the bracket on one screw. Seems to be working and doesn’t go SDTM on the orbit now. Thanks for highlighting it. I was wondering what was causing it.

1 week later
#15020 3 months ago

CGC support is top notch!!!

#15060 3 months ago

Has anyone used the art of pinball drop target decals? I like the look of them in color but it might not look good since they are lighted. Curious if anyone has tried it and if they can post a pic?

#15068 3 months ago
Quoted from WillM:

Curious to know more - I Didn't know they existed, and quick scan on TLSoG/AoP website yields nada. Gotta link?

https://littleshopofgames.com/shop/decals/decals-target-armor-target-decals/cactus-canyon-laminated-durable-target-armor-decals-for-pinball-machine/

There are cheaper ones, but these are the premium laminated ones.

Edited to add. Per my googling it would seem these are on the original CC. I’m still curious how they would look on the remake. The targets are illuminated which is really cool but the black outline drawings are lacking. Though you can’t look at them much anyways and the color ones may end up being too dark. If the light lit them up it would be cool but I’m doubtful.

#15078 89 days ago

I wish they were available to buy. Pingraffix are the closest, but I already bought the flyland ones. I like some aspects of them but not others. Choices are great.

#15128 86 days ago

I’m also excited about code update. Game is pretty fun without it though. Also excited about pulp fiction. I wonder which I’ll get first.

#15138 85 days ago
Quoted from Pinballers:

I was wondering if anyone might be able to help as I have no idea what to do, I read all the threads on cactus and appreciate all your knowledge, I have just got into pinball andhave just got an le which is great, however I also got a two hundred play monster bash remake a couple of days ago which was playing great until I turned it on earlier, I noticed a buzzing sound that is constant, the left sling was not working, however lifted the playfield and made sure the wires are in and seems the sling hascorrected itself, then did a factory reset and now have the same buzzing from when it first turns on ans stays buzzing, the left chute is saying a fault and is closed and the volume can be turned up from eight however not below, please does anyone have any ideas as the monster bash thread is not really that active so thought maybe someone might know if it is a common fault on remakes

There is a setting to override the minimum volume of 8. I would love to know the history of that number and why it is set up this way, but that’s for another time.

Sounds like you have a stuck switch but I’m unsure.

2 weeks later
#15197 69 days ago

Well I decided to get this mod. Also decided to rip the art blade installing it too. But I might change to the pingraffix anyways. Tempted to combine it with the Mezel mod one.

EC303592-D7CC-41EA-874F-1A7CEE1ECEA6 (resized).jpegEC303592-D7CC-41EA-874F-1A7CEE1ECEA6 (resized).jpeg
#15199 69 days ago
Quoted from WillM:

Thanks for posting the pic. I'm still on the fence on this mod... But it looks good in your photo.
While you're shopping at Mezel Mods, grab a set of these:
https://mezelmods.com/products/pinball-cabinet-assembly-blades
You'll kinda have to force yourself to ALWAYS use 'em the first few times but, after a while you'll never lift the Playfield without reaching for these first. [quoted image]

You’ll never guess what is under the game. I’m hoping I have learned my lesson and will use them more. I usually remember once the playfield is up.

#15203 69 days ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

I like the tear, it looks rustic and worn, like the old west!

Thank you

#15204 65 days ago
Quoted from WillM:

Thanks for posting the pic. I'm still on the fence on this mod... But it looks good in your photo.
While you're shopping at Mezel Mods, grab a set of these:
https://mezelmods.com/products/pinball-cabinet-assembly-blades
You'll kinda have to force yourself to ALWAYS use 'em the first few times but, after a while you'll never lift the Playfield without reaching for these first. [quoted image]

As an fyi. Back alleys website seems to be back up and they have Polly for 215, which is much more palatable than the 275 I paid elsewhere.

4 weeks later
#15394 35 days ago
Quoted from DavisAZ:

Hello all! - There's another sheriff in town. I'm excited to join the club as a new CCr LE owner!
I made a trip across the border from Arizona to California to pick up a HUO with very low plays in excellent condition.
The Cactus Canyon remake is such a beautiful and fun family game.
I do have my first question to the group.
The left side "bronco" loop has an optical sensor along the ball guide. This sensor is sticking out and when you shoot the "marksman" loop and the ball comes around it hits the sensor and directs the ball over to the right flipper instead of a smooth roll down to the left flipper. (See photo)
Someone else had confirmed that the sensor is hidden behind or at least flush with the left side ball guide.
My Question: I assume that the left side ball guide can be pulled out a bit to hide/cover the sensor. Can anyone confirm this and if so, is the only way to adjust that is to remove the left side river ramp guides and railroad tracks and plastics, etc.? This appears to be complicated with everything over that left sensor/side ball guide.
Thanks!
p.s. Thank you for all the great info on this site and the people that helped me with the decision to go with the LE & Topper. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I added a washer under the opto bracket on that side. Angled it just enough for the ball not to hit it. I believe someone else on here bent the opto bracket. Access was easy and under the playfield. It was a several/more pages back.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Cabinet Parts
Mödley Crüe

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Trade
Machine - For Trade
St. Louis, MO
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RavSpec

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

6,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Parker, KS
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider junkyard.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cactus-canyon-remake-club-new-sheriffs-in-town?tu=junkyard and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.