(Topic ID: 310125)

Cactus Canyon Remake Club - New Sheriffs in Town! (with FAQs)

By jfh

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,492 posts
  • 762 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 28 minutes ago by CurtisC
  • Topic is favorited by 381 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Which version have you ordered and/or received?”

• Limited Edition [LE] 334 votes
    51%
  • Special Edition with Wild West topper [SE+] 104 votes
    16%
  • Special Edition [SE] 217 votes
    33%

(655 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240502_172901 (resized).jpg
IMG_0826 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0825 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240427_183845_Chrome (resized).jpg
IMG_0159.jpeg
IMG_0160.jpeg
IMG_0158.jpeg
IMG_2145 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2138 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2139 (resized).jpeg
20240415_145651 (resized).jpg
IMG_5053 (resized).jpg
IMG_5068 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
Screenshot_20240408_083646_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408_031213_Drive (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Cactus Canyon Remake FAQ (Part 1) Game Information Posted by jfh (2 years ago)

Post #836 Demonstration videos of Topper Shootout mode Posted by jfh (2 years ago)

Post #3286 Leg crimp fix Posted by PM_Jeremy (1 year ago)

Post #9030 Trough fix Posted by PM_Jeremy (1 year ago)

Post #9386 John Youssi’s initial idea sketch for the playfield art Posted by jtaudio (1 year ago)

Post #9938 Game play stream of LE with topper (dedicated topper cam) Posted by joelbob (1 year ago)

Post #10737 Sensor Trouble shooting guide Posted by jfh (1 year ago)

Post #11888 Adjusting inlane guides to minimize ball hop Posted by alveolus (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mcvetyty.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#11419 1 year ago
Quoted from pugface:

I take the backglass to be canon - Polly is a redhead in a green dress.

The blackglass is a snapshot in time.. All of these events certainly did not happen on the same day, and Polly (being a classy lady) would have owned several dresses... I say mix it up.

4 weeks later
#11983 1 year ago
Quoted from Mully911:

Thanks ...is this already on my LE from factory?

Haha, if you can't tell, then sometimes its better not to know... You know?

#11985 1 year ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Waiting for ...
Check the FAQ post. With smiley faces and winks

As fantastic as the FAQ is, it does make me wonder whether its doing this thread a disservice.. Would there be so much drama and FUD posting if we accepted the same-y type questions asked/answered over and over again that you see on other owners threads?

#12028 1 year ago
Quoted from Mully911:

I called and emailed Sara at Planetary pinball today to order a mirrored back glass but have not received a response yet. I did not see the back glass for sale on the site. Has anyone received one yet? How much?

Yes, many people... There have also been some sales on Pinside marketplace. They are $270 initially from distributors, and then I've seen them sell on the marketplace for $300-$350.

#12031 1 year ago
Quoted from Mully911:

Ok thanks -So I am contacting the right place? I do not have a distributor, I bought mine NIB from original owner.

You probably will not be able to get one then.. That said, it looks like there is one for only $200 being sold on the marketplace in Ohio (literally right down the road from you) for local pick-up only. Why wouldn't you try to get that one? It's $70 under MSRP...

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/156182

1 month later
#12859 11 months ago
Quoted from marioparty34:

For those that have installed Mezel Mods' train station, are you able to keep the lantern light constantly on with your interactive GI? My lantern only stays on when I set my interactive GI to off. In interactive GI mod, it just faintly flickers.
I hate to choose between one or the other. Any advice would be appreciated.

I have this mod, and flickering is the intended effect. Hence why the Mezel Mods description reads "...A small flickering lantern above the door..."

1 week later
#12968 10 months ago
Quoted from jackd104:

To continue my fawning, I was taking a close look at the playfield. What a fine piece of work. The clear coat looks amazing, shiny, smooth, and I can just see the thickness at the right angles. After several dozen games not a dimple in sight. So different than my GZ which is so paper thin I can feel the variations in the art through it with my fingers.

There’s no debate that these playfields (both materials and processes) are superior to Stern and JJP. The problem is the latter two don’t care to do anything because it’s not costing them sales and they are trying to maximize profits.

As someone who owns machines from all three companies, I’m not really sure I care all that much. Sure, my CCr looks amazing, but I also like that Stern can pump machines out like crazy at a lower price.

1 week later
#13085 10 months ago
Quoted from jackd104:

It’s not a super deep game but it oozes charm and has that spirit of the classic 90s William’s games. The Lyman/Josh code is not going to add new realms of depth either (Josh has said so). Anyone expecting Godzilla depth will be disappointed. But not every game needs (or strives) to be that. CC is exactly what I wanted. A fun and simpler game that especially guests can enjoy. And I can bang on when I don’t want to play Godzilla for 90 minutes. I have Funhouse and NGG and those fill a similar need. I had non pinheads visiting for several days and CC was their favorite of my line up which includes some of the all time greats. It made perfect sense for my collection. Someone looking for their sole home pin that will enrapture them for years: not so much. Maybe some people don’t know what they are buying and have different expectations.
And yes I have heard the same complaint about Monster Bash. It’s in a similar boat. It was designed for location play, to be fun and charming for shorter periods.

Couldn't have expressed my own thoughts more clearly than this. This should be in the FAQ so we can quit seeing messages about the difficulty.

2 weeks later
#13321 9 months ago
Quoted from GranpaDave:

I have had this game for a couple of months now and have noticed flipper power/fade issues. This may have been mentioned previously, but I did not see it.
The center Ramp shot and combos become quite a challenge. Curious as to what other folks have experienced. I noticed that PinMonk has a flipper cooling kit for CGC games.

Your post is unclear. Are you noticing it after long sessions? Or are you noticing it happening more frequently now that you've own the machine for a while even on short sessions?

The former could be solved with a cooling kit, as you mentioned, however the latter most likely is indicative of failed coil stops and dirty coil sleeves. Replace those first.

5 months later
#14699 4 months ago

Happy New Year everyone - hoping someone is around to help me troubleshoot an issue I started running into this morning. When I turned on the machine I got switch errors related the mine and the train. After some sleuthing I determined the switches are working fine but the motors for both seem to not be working as I cannot get the train or the mine to move.

I’m not seeing anything obvious beneath the playfield. Anyone have any direction they can provide? Thank you!

#14701 4 months ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Would perhaps reseat all the connections and check the fuses related to the motors..
Pull them out and check with meter

Thanks - I was also thinking fuse. I’m looking through the manual now but am not seeing an obvious denotation on which/where that might be for these motors. Any ideas?

#14703 4 months ago
Quoted from LTG:

F1 under the playfield on the big board.
LTG : )

You rock! And indeed, no continuity on the multimeter... Thanks LTG & @transprtr4u!

3 weeks later
#14916 3 months ago

Hey all - Hoping someone can point me in the right direction. My whitewater ramp shot is randomly registering shots without the ball going up it. I tried to look for some sort of traditional lane rollover switch, but it looks like instead it perhaps uses a magnetic sensor to detect the ball? If that's the case, how do I tackle this issue? Thanks!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Cabinet Parts
Mödley Crüe

Trade
$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

9,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Kent, WA
8,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Libertyville, IL
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RavSpec

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

6,945 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dacula, GA

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mcvetyty.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cactus-canyon-remake-club-new-sheriffs-in-town?tu=mcvetyty and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.