(Topic ID: 310125)

Cactus Canyon Remake Club - New Sheriffs in Town! (with FAQs)

By jfh

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,448 posts
  • 758 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by c_mario
  • Topic is favorited by 385 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Which version have you ordered and/or received?”

• Limited Edition [LE] 333 votes
    51%
  • Special Edition with Wild West topper [SE+] 104 votes
    16%
  • Special Edition [SE] 217 votes
    33%

(654 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0159.jpeg
IMG_0160.jpeg
IMG_0158.jpeg
IMG_2145 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2138 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2139 (resized).jpeg
20240415_145651 (resized).jpg
IMG_5053 (resized).jpg
IMG_5068 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
Screenshot_20240408_083646_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408_031213_Drive (resized).jpg
AE50EDD5-0A2D-4824-883B-9B097D38C6FF (resized).jpeg
86B25964-BA83-413E-9949-4511DE3D5375 (resized).jpeg
Reward issue switches (resized).jpg
shut-up-and-take-my-money.gif

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,448 posts in this topic. You are on page 293 of 309.
#14601 4 months ago

My LE has them in the same location. No damage though.

#14602 4 months ago
Quoted from neverahighscore:

My LE has them in the same location. No damage though.

That's crazy. Tho I do remember Buffalo pinball
poking fun at Rush LE owners boasting highscores then found out they were shipped as baby games so there's precedent from other manufacturers. But why? Lol try to make LE buyers feel better about themselves?

#14603 4 months ago
Quoted from Parkman:

Anyone having an issue with the train running during the "Save Polly" action? I checked the diagnosis and the train is running fine during testing it just seems during the game it either moves only a tiny bit and stops or doesn't move at all. The train moves fine on start up calibration. It got me stumped, I checked all the connections below the board and they seem fine.

Yes, I had the exact problem. Opened a ticket and was told there was a small batch with this problem. They sent a replacement motor, and it works great now. Just have to solder two wires. No complaints about Chicago Gaming customer service here. Good luck.

#14604 4 months ago
Quoted from undrdog:

I’m adjusting the left kicker switch below the pops. It just got to where the ball kicked out of the mine just falls; it doesn’t get shot into the pops most of the time. Will probably adjust the pops again, too.
To confirm my settings- I’d like to hear from a few folks on how often the ball goes up into the cactus rollovers when exiting the mine. Does your machine shoot it up that far?

Granted, my machine barely has 200 total plays, but when the ball exits the gold mine, it goes up into the bumpers 80 to 90% of the time.

#14605 4 months ago
Quoted from MoparCowboy:

Yes, I had the exact problem. Opened a ticket and was told there was a small batch with this problem. They sent a replacement motor, and it works great now. Just have to solder two wires. No complaints about Chicago Gaming customer service here. Good luck.

Thanks for the reply, time to reach out to Chicago Coin and see what they say.

#14606 4 months ago
Quoted from Parkman:

time to reach out to Chicago Coin and see what they say.

First please run your train back and forth five or six times. If that doesn't do it :

Open a ticket under Support. https://www.chicago-gaming.com/

Thank you,
LTG : )

#14607 4 months ago

All I want for Christmas is new CCr code

#14608 4 months ago
Quoted from puristish:

All I want for Christmas is new CCr code

Well you may get your wish.... for Christmas 2024.

#14609 4 months ago

Anyone have details of adding a bit more light to the center of the playfield without the use of pinstadiums?

#14610 4 months ago
Quoted from PinPickle:

Anyone have details of adding a bit more light to the center of the playfield without the use of pinstadiums?

Headlamp?

#14611 4 months ago
Quoted from PinPickle:

I put 2 spots in and they work perfect, took the electric from coin door lights, as they are always on. 12V

IMG_6664 (resized).JPGIMG_6664 (resized).JPG
#14612 4 months ago
Quoted from PinPickle:

Quoted from beepnutz:

I put 2 spots in and they work perfect, took the electric from coin door lights, as they are always on. 12V
[quoted image]

And if you don't already have HD / invisiglass / Voodoo Glass, it's the best upgrade value @ $250+/-
This photo is with gameroom lighting at 50%

pinside.93a72218c70daf5d229af416cac216f4d0f9d1e3 (resized).jpgpinside.93a72218c70daf5d229af416cac216f4d0f9d1e3 (resized).jpg
#14613 4 months ago
Quoted from fixintoplay:

The problem may well be random, but it doesn't surface until after the customer unboxes and bolts on the legs. That's the first time they ever come in contact with the cab decals. Some may not care or even notice the wrinkles they cause. Mine were a PITA to try to repair, and they're still not perfect. If I had to do it over again: never mount the legs without these other metal back plates. 30 bucks ain't worth the risk.

Just throwing it out there but when I get a new game I always snug the leg bolts down finger tight, then I make sure I can slide a piece of paper between the cabinet and the leg. I can’t tell you how many warped legs I found by doing this. If there’s not enough room for a piece of paper to slide between the cabinet and the leg when the leg bolts are hand tightened and you tighten them with a wrench, you’re screwed! Once you have tightened the leg bolts with a wrench double check one more time to make sure the paper slides between the cabinet and the legs. If it doesn’t, correct the problem by either replacing the leg or going with a thicker cabinet spacer, in a pinch I have doubled up the metal style cabinet spacers that Stern uses to gain clearance, I always keep extras on hand.

#14614 4 months ago

Never had to worry about this issue too much with painted cabs. Whatever damage was there, the legs could pretty well cover it up once in place, even with new legs over old damage. Wrinkling decals changed all that.

#14615 4 months ago

I play exclusively in the dark with only ambient led strips in my celing and light pinball sign. It's just a bit dark in the center of the playfield.

Thanks for your input

Quoted from beepnutz:

[quoted image]

Thank you! I will give that a go.

Quoted from WillM:

And if you don't already have HD / invisiglass / Voodoo Glass, it's the best upgrade value @ $250+/-
This photo is with gameroom lighting at 50%[quoted image]

I have Voodoo glass in mine. Definitely helps

IMG_1549 (resized).JPGIMG_1549 (resized).JPG

#14616 4 months ago
Quoted from PinPickle:

I play exclusively in the dark with only ambient led strips in my celing and light pinball sign. It's just a bit dark in the center of the playfield.

Thanks for your input

[quoted image]

Geez what a nice setup. Hope to achieve such a space one day.

#14617 4 months ago
Quoted from PinPickle:

Love the carpet

#14618 4 months ago
Quoted from PinPickle:

Thanks for your input

[quoted image]

Any link to that pinball alley sign?

#14620 4 months ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Just opened a ticket. We’ll see…

To close the loop, I opened a ticket with CGC. They asked for pictures which I provided. Just received UPS confirmation of new decals and thicker spacers. The whole process took four days and two emails.

So, from my perspective, great customer service… or I got really lucky.

#14621 4 months ago
Quoted from PinPickle:

Thanks for your input

It was a light-hearted joke. Sheesh. Don't be so pickly about it.

#14622 4 months ago
Quoted from Jagrmaister:

Geez what a nice setup. Hope to achieve such a space one day.

Thank you!

Quoted from Tranquilize:

It was a light-hearted joke. Sheesh. Don't be so pickly about it.

Haha now that was funny.

#14623 4 months ago

New to the hobby. Personally the deep/complex coded games requiring study etc. give me the headache I need to get away from by playing pinball. Played CC at a pin museum along with many others. Kept coming back to CC as just plain fun and easy to figure out so now one sits in my family room. Thanks to experienced players for sharing so much valuable info. Merry Christmas!

1000001118 (resized).jpeg1000001118 (resized).jpeg
#14624 4 months ago
Quoted from Fireball3:

New to the hobby.

Congratulations

nice to see a number above 1000

#14625 4 months ago
Quoted from Fireball3:

New to the hobby. Personally the deep/complex coded games requiring study etc. give me the headache I need to get away from by playing pinball. Played CC at a pin museum along with many others. Kept coming back to CC as just plain fun and easy to figure out so now one sits in my family room. Thanks to experienced players for sharing so much valuable info. Merry Christmas!
[quoted image]

Nice man!!!

#14626 4 months ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Congratulations
nice to see a number above 1000

I wonder if the one person thats working on the line is taking off the holidays?

#14627 4 months ago

Joined the club yesterday and it's pretty cool to see the girlfriend get interested in a pin again. She hasn't really liked any of them since Space Jam lol... But she was totally digging this one.

#14628 4 months ago
Quoted from ray3127:

Has anybody who has struggled with the beer mug leaf switch ever figured anything out? I've adjusted it dozens of times, and nothing works. I'm talking pull the whole thing out from underneath and adjust it.
Sometimes it works ok in test, but then I play a game and it just doesn't.
As it sits in the photo, I stripe the shot and it doesn't register 90% of the time. It is maddening.
[quoted image]

I also fiddled with this assembly more times than I can remember. What finally gave me an answer was the marks on the L shaped metal where the balls were hitting too high and there as no leverage to push the plastic stand up target behind it. My solution was to shim the whole assembly, lifting it up about 1/16” and now the balls strike the metal plate lower and the hits register every time. Good luck!

#14629 4 months ago
Quoted from AssaultSuit:

I also fiddled with this assembly more times than I can remember. What finally gave me an answer was the marks on the L shaped metal where the balls were hitting too high and there as no leverage to push the plastic stand up target behind it. My solution was to shim the whole assembly, lifting it up about 1/16” and now the balls strike the metal plate lower and the hits register every time. Good luck!

I wonder if this will work with the gargoyles on Elvira HOH. They seem to use the same type of mech. Getting the gargoyles on Elvira to register is madding as well.

#14630 4 months ago
Quoted from PinPickle:

Not specific to CC, but I'll be doing this as soon as time allows.

#14631 4 months ago

That's a big process but looks good.

#14632 4 months ago
Quoted from Fireball3:

[quoted image]

Perfect choice!

#14633 4 months ago

Pretty sure Big Bart’s hat shouldn’t have a hole in it…I’ll guess I’ll have to open up a ticket with CGC…

IMG_3525 (resized).jpegIMG_3525 (resized).jpeg
#14634 4 months ago

I’m not sure if this is a bug in the code or something else. Did quite a bit of troubleshooting - two times now, randomly - things will cause combos to be counted up. For example, the ball goes into the pops and every switch causes the combo counter to go up, or just hitting a ramp (not in an actual combo scenario) - will count as a combo. I checked all the switches and did the classic playfield punch to see if anything was triggering - but this has been rare. It’s like the code gets locked into a state where it just keeps awarding combos. Any ideas? Basically, resetting the game is the only thing that will eliminate the issue.

#14635 4 months ago

PM me your email address so I can email you the sensor trouble shooting guide.

LTG : )

#14636 4 months ago
Quoted from Darkwing:

Joined the club yesterday and it's pretty cool to see the girlfriend get interested in a pin again. She hasn't really liked any of them since Space Jam lol... But she was totally digging this one.

That's funny. I own a SJ too and girlfriend loves it as well. In fact, she has the hi score on it.
Finally got it back up and running after it being down for about 6 months.
She likes my CCLe too but the lights get annoying in multiball (strobing).
We have to play it with room lights on.

SJ is highly underrated IMHO.

#14637 4 months ago
Quoted from vikeking27:

I’m not sure if this is a bug in the code or something else. Did quite a bit of troubleshooting - two times now, randomly - things will cause combos to be counted up. For example, the ball goes into the pops and every switch causes the combo counter to go up, or just hitting a ramp (not in an actual combo scenario) - will count as a combo. I checked all the switches and did the classic playfield punch to see if anything was triggering - but this has been rare. It’s like the code gets locked into a state where it just keeps awarding combos. Any ideas? Basically, resetting the game is the only thing that will eliminate the issue.

I have had this and always found it to be a loose opto connector black cable in the sharp shooter lane iirc.

#14638 4 months ago
Quoted from CUJO:

That's funny. I own a SJ too and girlfriend loves it as well. In fact, she has the hi score on it.
Finally got it back up and running after it being down for about 6 months.
She likes my CCLe too but the lights get annoying in multiball (strobing).
We have to play it with room lights on.
SJ is highly underrated IMHO.

Put a piece of defuser over the strobes, a much better!

#14639 4 months ago
Quoted from daveddd14:

Put a piece of defuser over the strobes, a much better!

I bought some. Just haven't put them on yet.
I wish the code allowed you to change them to keep them on instead of strobing.

#14640 4 months ago
Quoted from CUJO:

I bought some. Just haven't put them on yet.
I wish the code allowed you to change them to keep them on instead of strobing.

You can also turn them down in the settings. I'm at -3 and play with the lights off.

#14641 4 months ago
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#14642 4 months ago

Two containers arrive a day apart, 28th & 29th apparently

#14643 4 months ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

You can also turn them down in the settings. I'm at -3 and play with the lights off.

If it's gun flasher brightness, it was already set to -3.
I turned it off for now and will see how I like it next time we play.

#14644 4 months ago

Don't give up, Skywalker! I waited for what seemed like forever and finally got my machine in November. Because of my work schedule, I had to wait another month after that to set it up. But it was perfect when I did set it up, and I instantly felt like it was worth the wait when my wife and I started flipping it and having an absolute blast. Plus, it make take another year or more, but the new code will eventually come and make this great game even better. Hang in there!

#14645 4 months ago

Mezel mod train station mod for $100 shipped. Retails $150.

IMG_4347 (resized).jpegIMG_4347 (resized).jpeg

#14646 4 months ago

My kids and wife are loving CCr. Awesome game for newbies and experienced alike.

IMG_0684 (resized).jpegIMG_0684 (resized).jpegIMG_0699 (resized).jpegIMG_0699 (resized).jpeg
#14647 4 months ago

Hang tight boys just landed thanks to all involved, it's been a marathon wait order/deposit 02/12/21.
Fingers X'd for the Euro boys now hopefully not much longer.

IMG_8064 (resized).JPGIMG_8064 (resized).JPGIMG_8066 (resized).JPGIMG_8066 (resized).JPG
#14648 4 months ago
Quoted from skywalker:

Hang tight boys just landed thanks to all involved, it's been a marathon wait order/deposit 02/12/21.
Fingers X'd for the Euro boys now hopefully not much longer.[quoted image][quoted image]

Congrats, so excited to hear they are landing in Australia.

#14649 4 months ago
Quoted from skywalker:

Fingers X'd for the Euro boys now hopefully not much longer.[quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks Daniel for your Help

IMG_2064 (resized).jpgIMG_2064 (resized).jpgIMG_2070 (resized).jpgIMG_2070 (resized).jpgIMG_2071 (resized).jpgIMG_2071 (resized).jpgIMG_2085 (resized).jpgIMG_2085 (resized).jpgIMG_2086 (resized).jpgIMG_2086 (resized).jpgIMG_2087 (resized).jpgIMG_2087 (resized).jpgIMG_2088 (resized).jpgIMG_2088 (resized).jpgIMG_2089 (resized).jpgIMG_2089 (resized).jpgIMG_2090 (resized).jpgIMG_2090 (resized).jpgIMG_2091 (resized).jpgIMG_2091 (resized).jpg
#14650 4 months ago

Congratulations to you guys in Australia, find it odd that they would stack and place games horizontal on other games?

But you got them , enjoy!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Blue Bell, PA
$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Jorge’s Arcade Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Machine - For Sale
Virginia Beach, VA
There are 15,448 posts in this topic. You are on page 293 of 309.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cactus-canyon-remake-club-new-sheriffs-in-town/page/293?hl=ez-rhino and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.