pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_4393 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0960.gif
8520588E-4709-4518-B804-9EFF33E42D21 (resized).jpeg
E70F6DB1-157F-4560-AF9A-8A4C3744AA39 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20230904_161022372 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230904_161020044 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,301 posts in this topic. You are on page 98 of 147.
#4851 1 year ago

I don't think anybody is calling for the game to be banned or "canceled" so put away your wokeforks.

Some people just think it's stupid and/or offensive and won't buy it. Nothing wrong with that right? Everybody is entitled to their opinion.

I mean, the game ain't for me, and I decided that long before seeing the game had hilarious jokes about fudge packing. But if you want to buy it and proudly display it next to your signed Larry the Cable guy poster, hey I'm all for it. Go for it!

#4852 1 year ago

Funny as hell. 62F6AD29-8E8F-46B8-97E6-66A0C51A4B9B (resized).jpeg62F6AD29-8E8F-46B8-97E6-66A0C51A4B9B (resized).jpeg

#4853 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballypin:

Funny as hell. [quoted image]

See? This guy should DEFINTELY buy this game, once he is able to compose himself and recover from the fits of uranus/fudge induced laughter.

There's something for everybody. GTF isn't just a game; it's a true lifestyle brand.

I have a feeling Ice is gonna end up buying a GTF for every room in his house!

#4854 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

No way. Bond the GAME was a shitshow AND their timing was a mess..
GTF the game is ready and here... it's just a marketing disaster. Now 7 months later... Bond the game is still a disaster.

I think we just said the same thing lol. I agree with all of this

#4855 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I don't think anybody is calling for the game to be banned or "canceled" so put away your wokeforks.
Some people just think it's stupid and/or offensive and won't buy it. Nothing wrong with that right? Everybody is entitled to their opinion.
I mean, the game ain't for me, and I decided that long before seeing the game had hilarious jokes about fudge packing. But if you want to buy it and proudly display it next to your signed Larry the Cable guy poster, hey I'm all for it. Go for it!

wokeforks…

#4856 1 year ago
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#4857 1 year ago

Anyone have comparable games to the air ball craters that occurred at the show on GTF? My intuition is the top never fully cured, and I don't know any other games that ever looked that way I've played but I don't know the airball count. I see airballs here and there but never gone to an arcade that had craters. Is that truly just airballs that would do that to any playfield? (I know they said they might have fixed it by bending some switches). Interested to see if it is solved for the people how ordered.

#4858 1 year ago
Quoted from finnflash:

I believe fudge packing can be for both sexes

That is the spirit in which I thought they would go for.

I mean, c'mon... She may be older now but damn!

#4859 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

so put away your wokeforks

…single-handedly introduces “woke” into the conversation then tells us all to stop.

#4860 1 year ago

I do find it funny that Levi, one of the most caustic people who goes out of his way to call people names and be offensive to them if he disagrees with them on this site, is always the first to go on a 'I'm offended' rage. He and Ice are like the polar opposites of each other, yet act almost exactly the same. Hmm....are Ice and Levi the same person......

#4861 1 year ago
Quoted from dpadam450:

Anyone have comparable games to the air ball craters that occurred at the show on GTF? My intuition is the top never fully cured, and I don't know any other games that ever looked that way I've played but I don't know the airball count. I see airballs here and there but never gone to an arcade that had craters. Is that truly just airballs that would do that to any playfield? (I know they said they might have fixed it by bending some switches). Interested to see if it is solved for the people how ordered.

For as long as the official GTF! game play video remains available, the slow-mo @ 1:49 of the ball shooting over the flippers into the drain is all you need to see. Play one on location and watch how deep craters can get. Definitely play one before you buy one.

Within first few months of release, we’ll see plenty of 3d parts cracked and destroyed, hence the concern over using 3d parts. If however, parts hold up surprisingly well, then you’ll see people embrace their usage in pinball.

#4862 1 year ago
Quoted from Gribbs:

…single-handedly introduces “woke” into the conversation then tells us all to stop.

Ummm clearly you didn't read the last 5 posts of page 97?

#4863 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

See? This guy should DEFINTELY buy this game, once he is able to compose himself and recover from the fits of uranus/fudge induced laughter.
There's something for everybody. GTF isn't just a game; it's a true lifestyle brand.
I have a feeling Ice is gonna end up buying a GTF for every room in his house!

I do intend to buy this game but waiting to play it first.

#4864 1 year ago

Caught up on the thread... that's 15 minutes my employer is never getting back!

I'd love to see this tonight on DF, I would be a little disappointed they beat Scooby to the stream but logistics and all... who knows.

I think Jack is a stand up fella, it would look bad if Stern banned him from streaming any competitor machines IMHO. Or, maybe I should say "try" to ban.

One thing I have learned in the last few pages is "never corner an artist"

#4865 1 year ago

All I'm doing anymore is skimming for a video link. Don't have time to actually read hundreds of comments per day of no actual new information.

#4866 1 year ago
Quoted from dboeren:

All I'm doing anymore is skimming for a video link. Don't have time to actually read hundreds of comments per day of no actual new information.

I didn't have time to read yours either!

#4867 1 year ago
Quoted from dpadam450:

On their factory tour they show how they receive and warehouse the playfields until they are 'fully cured'. Now, did they receive the GTF playfields in time for that? is there really a pipeline that they are receiving playfields on a schedule that each will continue to be aged for X days? Who knows. But i don't think AP/Scooby are known for playfield issues (they use the same supplier i think)

#4868 1 year ago

Did I miss anything important? Has CrazyLevi said woke or snowflake yet? Any talk of BOM of the high prices?

#4869 1 year ago

Quoted from finnflash:

I believe fudge packing can be for both sexes

Ahhhhh yes, proud to be part of contributing my excellent outlook, prognosis and observations to another great thread!

This thing is a nice blend of everything, good, bad and ugly.

Is this pin "woke"?

#4870 1 year ago

Not sure if this has any validity, but I did hear a theory that the clunky PR rollout was implemented to keep the production line from being overwhelmed and log jammed with unit orders right now. This would allow unit orders to become a steady flow spread out over the course of the entire year.

#4871 1 year ago
Quoted from dboeren:

Doing yourself a disservice!

#4872 1 year ago
Quoted from starfighter:

Not sure if this has any validity, but I did hear a theory that the clunky PR rollout was implemented to keep the production line from being overwhelmed and log jammed with unit orders right now. This would allow unit orders to become a steady flow spread out over the course of the entire year.

lol

#4873 1 year ago
Quoted from starfighter:

The clunky PR rollout was implemented to keep the production line from being overwhelmed with unit orders.

If so, key to this was allowing the incompetent Arcade Hollywood guy to release the first gameplay footage.

#4874 1 year ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

If so, key to this was allowing the incompetent Arcade Hollywood guy to release the first gameplay footage.

Maybe he was a plant for one of the other manufacturers.

#4875 1 year ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

Possibly, it's just a theory I heard. However, that event actually did happen and we know AP is following this thread as cries for an official gameplay video have fallen on deaf ears as I type this in the 4,875th post in this thread.

#4876 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Ahhhhh yes, proud to be part of contributing my excellent outlook, prognosis and observations to another great thread!
This thing is a nice blend of everything, good, bad and ugly.
Is this pin "woke"?

Don't forget not only to ask is this a woke pin, but also can you pack it's fudge...?

We know the latter is seemingly possible.

#4877 1 year ago

GTF! was revealed and it is out in public. It was just played at TPF by approx 4k people. A few took short game play videos. There is no more hiding game play.

So what are the strongest opinions about the game now? Can 50 people who played it at TPF step forward and tell us what they remember and what they think of the game? I don’t think 5 people could sell us on how great this game is. So …. maybe it is just ok. With that said, some of the other games shown at TPF were red hot. I’m thinking FF and PF came out ahead, gaining many buyers. But there’s nothing wrong wanting to buy an ok game that scratches your itch. Just don’t expect to be in the majority.

#4878 1 year ago
Quoted from MrVern:

"try" to ban..

Why ban it? Good for Stern, hyped competitor product, drives traffic to directly affiliated channel.
Win-win for Jack and Stern, may control narrative...

#4879 1 year ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

I’m thinking FF and PF came out ahead, gaining many buyers.

does they count as buyers if they never actually receive a pulp fiction though? They probably already had their 2024 production booked up before the show.

#4880 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballypin:

I do intend to buy this game but waiting to play it first.

I played it at TPF. I thought it was different and a lot of fun. I don't care about the tank cabinet, so I'd save a few bucks and go with the deluxe edition.

#4881 1 year ago
Quoted from starfighter:

That would make a good theory. Its also good they were expecting this game to be very popular. I would love to see the Jack Danger stream and see how it actually shoots. Is he streaming in Deluxe model or will it be the LE

#4882 1 year ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

does they count as buyers if they never actually receive a pulp fiction though? They probably already had their 2024 production booked up before the show.

The owner of the location I go to said he ordered one. He is expecting it November 2023

#4883 1 year ago
Quoted from wesman:

Don't forget not only to ask is this a woke pin, but also can you pack it's fudge...?
We know the latter is seemingly possible.

Is “packing fudge” considered woke?

#4884 1 year ago
Quoted from Rizmo:

That would make a good theory. Its also good they were expecting this game to be very popular. I would love to see the Jack Danger stream and see how it actually shoots. Is he streaming in Deluxe model or will it be the LE

It makes 0 difference right? they are identical under the glass.

#4885 1 year ago

GTF! was revealed and it is out in public. It was just played at TPF by approx 4k people. A few took short game play videos. There is no more hiding game play.
So what are the strongest opinions about the game now? Can 50 people who played it at TPF step forward and tell us what they remember and what they think of the game? I don’t think 5 people could sell us on how great this game is. So …. maybe it is just ok. With that said, some of the other games shown at TPF were red hot. I’m thinking FF and PF came out ahead, gaining many buyers. But there’s nothing wrong wanting to buy an ok game that scratches your itch. Just don’t expect to be in the majority.

Excuse me but we have recounted many people that have “loved/liked” the game after seeing it in person/played it.

FooAsmith and PF are 2 totally different games

#4886 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I do find it funny that Levi, one of the most caustic people who goes out of his way to call people names and be offensive to them if he disagrees with them on this site, is always the first to go on a 'I'm offended' rage. He and Ice are like the polar opposites of each other, yet act almost exactly the same. Hmm....are Ice and Levi the same person......

I don’t think it’s possible to offend Levi….he’s pointing out cringe dated dad jokes. If anything he’s offended by AP’s inability to hire good comedy writers.

#4887 1 year ago

Played two different copies at TPF. It was not fun for me. One ramp. Air balls. Disjointed. Middle blocked. Shots not satisfying.

Mirrored back wall was cool. It does look good, very cool overall (despite 3D printing). Even still the overall presentation with video and audio was weird in my opinion. I found the people on video talking directly to the player to be unsettling.

#4888 1 year ago
Quoted from Rizmo:

If we can all agree that FOMO is a major factor in this hobby and we've all heard that FF sales are setting records and GF and PF orders are piling up, why would AP go out of it's way to avoid FOMO on GTF? Now that TPF is over, why not open the PR floodgates?

#4889 1 year ago

playing a game at a show does not allow you to experience a game, you don't know the rules, you can't hear it, you can't possibly honestly assess a game behyond "some of the shots feel good" or "the tank targets are deadly". And while I am not saying streams are the best way to see a game, but typically you can hear the game, you can see what is happening and you get some explanation about what is going on and it is more than 1 minute.

However, it seems Dave Fix and AP marketing has decided that crappy cell phone footage, opinions of people who played it in the worse possible environment and a game play video that did them no favors is all you should need to make a buying decision.

#4890 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballypin:

Funny as hell. [quoted image]

They also have mini golf near the fudge factory called "Putt Pirates"
So proud to have this in my state.

#4891 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Is “packing fudge” considered woke?

Not sure, but it can be zany and messy!

Ah, simpler times.

Screenshot_20230329-165610~2 (resized).pngScreenshot_20230329-165610~2 (resized).png
#4892 1 year ago
Quoted from finnflash:

They also have mini golf near the fudge factory called "Putt Pirates"
So proud to have this in my state.

Not sure if you are sincere or sarcastic, but you do live in the “Show Me” state, so there’s that.

#4893 1 year ago

Best hype thread ever!

#4894 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballypin:

Not sure if you are sincere or sarcastic, but you do live in the “Show Me” state, so there’s that.

It's for real, just drove past it on Saturday.

Screenshot_20230329-160746_Samsung Internet (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230329-160746_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
#4895 1 year ago
Quoted from finnflash:

It's for real, just drove past it on Saturday.

Oh, I know it’s real too. Just not sure if they serve napkins or toilet paper with the fudge.

#4896 1 year ago
Quoted from Vitty:

Best hype thread ever!

Look what you hath wrought

You are the creator of, and responsible for, each of these 4896 gems

#4897 1 year ago
Quoted from spoke:

playing a game at a show does not allow you to experience a game, you don't know the rules, you can't hear it, you can't possibly honestly assess a game behyond "some of the shots feel good" or "the tank targets are deadly". And while I am not saying streams are the best way to see a game, but typically you can hear the game, you can see what is happening and you get some explanation about what is going on and it is more than 1 minute.
However, it seems Dave Fix and AP marketing has decided that crappy cell phone footage, opinions of people who played it in the worse possible environment and a game play video that did them no favors is all you should need to make a buying decision.

Kind of like Pulp Fiction and FF?

The greatest pinball machines of all time and “breaking records”

Strong herd of penguins there

#4898 1 year ago
Quoted from Dan1733:

5000 by midnight tonight.

#4899 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballypin:

5000 by midnight tonight.

Never thought any thread would generate more controversy than the deeproot thread

wrong again.....

#4900 1 year ago
Quoted from Dan1733:

really...only 203...now 204 are gems

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - Pre-order Spot
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 10,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 9,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Machine - For Sale
Waterford Township, MI
$ 10,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 9,799.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 10,995.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 10,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 7,301 posts in this topic. You are on page 98 of 147.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ap-s-galactic-tank-force-gtf-speculation-hype-thread/page/98?hl=mr9865 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.