IMG_0960.gif
8520588E-4709-4518-B804-9EFF33E42D21 (resized).jpeg
E70F6DB1-157F-4560-AF9A-8A4C3744AA39 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20230904_161022372 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230904_161020044 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #3956 Rules shared by Josh Kugler Posted by rosh (1 year ago)

Post #5336 Link to streaming at Ocelot. Posted by flynnibus (1 year ago)

Post #6650 Gameplay explanation video from American Pinball. Posted by Tommy-dog (11 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thekaiser82.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4855 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I don't think anybody is calling for the game to be banned or "canceled" so put away your wokeforks.
Some people just think it's stupid and/or offensive and won't buy it. Nothing wrong with that right? Everybody is entitled to their opinion.
I mean, the game ain't for me, and I decided that long before seeing the game had hilarious jokes about fudge packing. But if you want to buy it and proudly display it next to your signed Larry the Cable guy poster, hey I'm all for it. Go for it!

wokeforks…

#5039 1 year ago

I played many games at TPF. My initial takeaway was it has potential, but I need more time in a non show environment. As expected you can’t hear the call outs and don’t have the time to really get a feel for rules. So having a stream would help me understand how the game rules progress since I already know how it shoots. There was nothing I disliked about the way it shot. The tank right up the middle is always super nerve racking, but I kind of liked the danger. If they can adjust the targets to not send the balls over the flippers then I don’t really mind the tank shots. TLDR - please put up a professional game play stream.

#5344 1 year ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

They have some 3d printed stuff in lov and Oktoberfest actually. You can tell in the pinside photo gallery.
But, it's a lot harder to tell because they made the effort to paint them..makes a huge difference. Maybe they did some post processing too, I dunno.
Unless someone comes out with some really cool mods pretty quickly that integrate with the existing lighting and mechanisms, I'm gonna have to take all these 3d printed pieces out, sand/fill them, spray them and then hand paint the details.. really not looking forward to having my brand new game taken apart for some days but I just can't handle it..
Think we've beaten this horse long enough though. Anyone wanting to relive several pages of bitching about the 3d prints just search the thread.
How are the sound systems on AP games? People generally happy with the speakers , etc? Headphone jacks?

The best was Houdini where they had Matt from Back Alley Creations sculpting and painting.

2 weeks later
#6187 1 year ago
Quoted from MegaFeenix:

WTF is going on in here?

Just another Tuesday on Pinside. That reminds…taco Tuesday…well now I have a dinner plan at least.

1 month later
#6718 10 months ago
Quoted from Biju:

I didn't see it on the floor at all and I went both Friday and Saturday.

I had flown in for the weekend with my daughter and we looked for it because I really wanted her to play it. However it was nowhere to be found on the floor.

#6720 10 months ago
Quoted from SpacelySpliffs:

Nitro didn't have a booth at the NW show. They had a private suite in the hotel attached to the venue with a GTF and few other games to play. Access was provided through email invites to their customers. Sounds like AP didn't know that.

That’s too bad. We were excited to play! Real bummer a brand new game was locked away to VIPs at a show. At least when JJ at GEX does suite parties they are open to all!

#6723 10 months ago
Quoted from SpacelySpliffs:

Agreed, sorry you were unable to play it. To be fair to Nitro, they did make a Facebook post that indicated anyone could come by, you just needed to message them to gain access to the suite. I don't think limiting access of the machines to anyone was the goal. They didn't have a booth, and haven't for years, so they couldn't really showcase anything. That's why I thought it was weird when I read what was said by David Fix in the post above.

Glad they did open it up if you happened to see it on Facebook. I don’t use Facebook so I would have missed it. It just didn’t dawn on me that American would send a brand new game to a show and not have it on the main floor. CGC was there as CGC and had games on the floor. I wonder why American didn’t just come themselves rather than have the game in a suite? My daughter was bummed we couldn’t find it. On the other hand after the first day all she wanted to play was foo fighters. So that is probably our next purchase.

#6725 10 months ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

For the same reason they have distributors - to represent them regionally. Even Stern doesn't present at most shows, but uses Marco and Cointaker as their primary venue for show presence except at expo.
This is the role of distributors... unfortunately Nitro has their own baggage which means a conflict that obviously wasn't all that well communicated.

That’s a really good point. I am not familiar with the drama, but it does seem like there may be some. I just wanted to play a new pinball machine! I’ll have to try and find one local to me here in Colorado. Didn’t see one on the pin map.

#6729 10 months ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

The owner of Nitro was accused of some sexual harassment and unwanted innuendos/advances from some pinball people he would party with. They put him in the corner, let the wife be the face of the business for awhile, waited for it to blow over, and now Tommy is back from being in hiding. But clearly the NW folks have put their foot down over the past allegations.

Ahh, ok. I am guessing American wasn’t aware of the history then. I am sure they want there games out in the public as much as possible.

#6769 10 months ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Does anybody believe anything out of Fix's mouth at this point? He seems like he is the president of a bullshitters club and gets high off his own farts all day long.

I just don’t feel we get the whole story. We get half truths. Like the game will be at the NW Pinball show for people to play. While technically true it was there, it was hidden in a private, invite only, suite. That part was left out. Why wouldn’t you want max exposure for your game? I know they use distros to help, just like stern uses Cointaker and Marco. However, Cointaker and Marco have massive booths on the main floors of the shows they attend. What a missed opportunity. Maybe they don’t want people to play their game? Could be a cool marketing tactic that I don’t understand.

#6771 10 months ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Absence makes the heart grow fonder.

Hahaha. They are playing hard to get!

#6781 10 months ago

The tiniest bit of due diligence could have sussed this out. “Where on the show floor are you located, we want to ensure high visibility and foot traffic?”

#6784 10 months ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Yes, where a pro would be like 'Ok, what kind of presence will you have? Where on the floor? What else will be in the booth? What other manufacturers will be there? Is there marketing opportunities through the show? Can we use our presence to gain promotion by the show?'
I'm going with the 'don't tell, dont ask, dont tell' theory.
Nitro skips that detail, AP didn't bother to ask, Nitro took the opportunity not to tell.
I mean, it's not like this is the first pinball show AP has done, nor are they so far outside the community they shouldn't know the history with Tommy. I mean, they hired a pinball legend to run them! /s

Thank God you have been in the hobby at least 5 years so you can have that opinion…

#6839 10 months ago
Quoted from EternitytoM83:

So they're not integrated with the game? You use a remote to set the color & pattern?

If true that is a real bummer. I would have expected some well integrated light shows to match what is going on in the game.

3 months later
#7119 7 months ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

What was the answer?

I was in the room. Something along the lines of he wouldn’t be foolish enough to put a number on it. I was more put off when someone asked for an overview of the game rules. His comment was basically go play and figure it out for yourself. I wouldn’t have expected a deep dive but a high level outline would have been nice. At a minimum tell me how to start a mode so when I play for the first time at the show I have some basic direction.

#7159 7 months ago

I am with yancy on this one. Opinions by their very definition don’t have to be based on facts. We may be conflating review and opinion. A review based on a strict definition would be an assessment of facts to formulate a response.

2 months later
#7193 5 months ago

Well…that was something.

2 months later
#7246 66 days ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Big win
[quoted image]

Those guys never disappoint with their award show.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 10,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 10,995.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 9,799.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

Machine - Pre-order Spot
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 10,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 10,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thekaiser82.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ap-s-galactic-tank-force-gtf-speculation-hype-thread?tu=thekaiser82 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.