pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_4393 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0960.gif
8520588E-4709-4518-B804-9EFF33E42D21 (resized).jpeg
E70F6DB1-157F-4560-AF9A-8A4C3744AA39 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20230904_161022372 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230904_161020044 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,320 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 147.
#901 1 year ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Game looks like a throwback for sure ... hoping the giant toy in the center has some surprises but I don't think it does much other than maybe the hatch opening. Also looks like 2 sets of 4 targets in the pop area and only looks to be hit by the randomness of the bumpers.
Hope the price point Is similar to previous ap releases with only some slight increases. This game isn't gonna b a flow monster but more system 11/wpc type gameplay and rules. Won't be for everyone but I'm glad to see something different and it looks great .

13K for the deluxe version

#902 1 year ago

I think this game looks to be designed to be full of Whimsy, Silliness and Joy.
Great to see Nordman back with his unique style.
Can't wait to see more.

Cheers.

#903 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinzzz:

How would you know that?

#904 1 year ago
Quoted from underlord:How would you know that?

Inside scoop. The BOM on this game is more than a Stern pro’s MSRP.

#905 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinzzz:

That's ridiculous considering what all the previous titles cost.....I'm personally not interested in the transformer /pinball tank package so hopefully gameplay is same across all levels and there's a model for around 8-9k..

#906 1 year ago

The rumor has been 13k. I hope it's not true. I think they will shoot themselves in the foot if that is the price. Pinballs shot up during the pandemic, and flippers rode the wave. Pinball companies then jacked their prices up to match, which alienated/lost a lot of collectors and potential buyers.

I don't see an unknown themed pinball selling well at that price point. Hell...pins with GREAT themes are now struggling at those price points.

#907 1 year ago
Quoted from Daditude:

The rumor has been 13k. I hope it's not true. I think they will shoot themselves in the foot if that is the price. Pinballs shot up during the pandemic, and flippers rode the wave. Pinball companies then jacked their prices up to match, which alienated/lost a lot of collectors and potential buyers.
I don't see an unknown themed pinball selling well at that price point. Hell...pins with GREAT themes are now struggling at those price points.

Shame if AP trips on the finish line.

#908 1 year ago

13k will kill this game.
And it looks fun af, from my favorite designer.

#909 1 year ago

13K for the super limited tank edition is in line with Stern LEs, I think they will be ok for that market. But where they price the standard or whatever they call the base model and what they take out will be interesting. The way the game is designed with the VUKs and wireforms probably will be hard to take a bunch out for the base model. Time will tell.

#910 1 year ago

I'm somewhere in the 7k-10k for a pin every couple years. I have been left behind by JJP and Stern.
Spooky, CGC and AP remain in my affordability. (For now)
I'm not buying a stern pro and missing out on gameplay features. I just can't bring myself to do it.

No one is talking about how stoked they are on the fact that they have actors/actresses and presumably created sets, costumes and props to create clips for this game. This game is family friendly and charming as all get out. If the price is reasonable, I'm in for sure.

After further review, I wonder if the secondary button on the right side opens the left ramp hatch. That would be a cool feeling to hit the ramp, gain a button use as the ball is returning down the habitrail to the right flipper, hit the button and open the hatch in the ramp and get to take a shot at it right away. That would be absolutely excellent. I see no signs of magnets. I'm willing to bet money that is just an asteroid on the artwork

#911 1 year ago

Agree - $13,000 is high. Maybe a good chance to price right and have a lot of people adopt their platform. I’m sure a lot of people would be inclined to buy this at $10,000 vs. higher. Would set them up pretty good moving forward. I’ve had two API games and minus the power supply issue on Houdini they were bulletproof. Prices across the board are nuts right now.

#912 1 year ago
Quoted from aaron6920:

13K for the super limited tank edition is in line with Stern LEs, I think they will be ok for that market. But where they price the standard or whatever they call the base model and what they take out will be interesting. The way the game is designed with the VUKs and wireforms probably will be hard to take a bunch out for the base model. Time will tell.

THANKS NEW GUY

#913 1 year ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

THANKS NEW GUY

Lol AP better hope the opinion from "New Guys" is favorable to sell all these games

#915 1 year ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Surely that’s just for the tank version. Would really suck if the normal version had other gameplay features stripped so you were forced to buy the tank if you wanted the full game.

#916 1 year ago

Hey man the reality is last 3 ish year or less newbs are driving a lot of new sales. Embrace it, keeps the hobby going and thoughts on pricing is relevant as your "veteran thoughts"

#917 1 year ago
Quoted from aaron6920:

Hey man the reality is last 3 ish year or less newbs are driving a lot of new sales. Embrace it, keeps the hobby going and thoughts on pricing is relevant as your "veteran thoughts"

Embrace deez

#918 1 year ago

Happy Monday!!!
NUTS!!!!

#919 1 year ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

The tank treads ain't doing it for me. I did hear they planned on a more elaborate kind of cabinet/setup for the tank aesthetic but it was just too costly so this is what they came up with.

So just nobody has made a good playing game with an unlicensed theme (barring remakes and TNA) in the past 20 years and thats the reason they tend to not sell well?

Dude. Dialed In.

I'll be honest, this game looks amazing so far. I'm shocked as I've had zero interest from American Pinball until just now. This looks so effing cool.

#920 1 year ago

Looks like a nightmare to assemble and get down the line to fullfill orders. I can see 13k. If the tank tracks doubled as an escalara it would be worth it in gold.

#921 1 year ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

Looks like a nightmare to assemble and get down the line to fullfill orders. I can see 13k. If the tank tracks doubled as an escalara it would be worth it in gold.

Treads with bearings built in the panel, slides up and down stairs with ease.

#922 1 year ago

If I can get in it in tank mode and drive it around crushing cars I might pay 13k for it.

#923 1 year ago

Another feature people need to take into account is the extra button to control the middle pop up(Atomic Shield). Let me just say how cool this feature is and how it adds another dimension and strategy to gameplay. You have to time it properly and anticipate the ball save. My Rolling Stones LE gameplay is really unique and fun with the pop up save post. Makes it unique and again adds another dimension.

Pinside_forum_7458405_3289643 (resized).pngPinside_forum_7458405_3289643 (resized).png

Pinside_forum_7461913_0 (resized).jpgPinside_forum_7461913_0 (resized).jpg

#924 1 year ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Another feature people need to take into account is the extra button to control the middle pop up(Atomic Shield). Let me just say how cool this feature is and how it adds another dimension and strategy to gameplay. You have to time it properly and anticipate the ball save. My Rolling Stones LE gameplay is really unique and fun with the pop up save post. Makes it unique and again adds another dimension.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

It makes me think of Harley Davidson by Stern, or games like Sharkey Shootout (which had a center post save, and side post saves)

#925 1 year ago

I really look forward to seeing some gameplay. Right now it's checking my retro sci-fi box. What pushes it over the edge is it combines my wife's love of ice cream....

#926 1 year ago

So the gap looks large and it will be nice to have that pop up to save the day. My Wheel of Fortune is punishing with SDTM drains-lots of nudging.

#927 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

combines my wife's love of ice cream

So people have wifes that like Cows and Ice Cream? My wife likes sitting on the beach, drinking margaritas, eating mexican food, and watching super hero movies

#928 1 year ago

So far not a single AP games was stripped down when it comes to gamplay or gameplay features.
Every version of their pins had all toys and shots, just some cosmetics features were changed.

In the past they had the philosophy of building games for everybody, they also reduced the price of a individual game because of less features (hot wheels compared to houdini).

This was also one of the biggest reasons to get a new AP game.
I hope they and also spooky will never follow this stupid way of reducing significant gameplay features for a lower price.

To be honest i would never consider a stern pro because of that reason. It's a terrible philosophy...

But you can't tell whats coming, hopefully they will always give us the full package of gamplay. Otherwise i am out anyways...

The Sternfanboy always should watch that embarrassing plastic ! Look directly in these greedy money GZ eyes what a shame...
Screenshot_20221008-220408_(1) (resized).pngScreenshot_20221008-220408_(1) (resized).png

#929 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

It makes me think of Harley Davidson by Stern, or games like Sharkey Shootout (which had a center post save, and side post saves)

I have an HD. That ball wacking the glass often scares the visitors. So funny.

#930 1 year ago

Quite an art package, very easy on the eyes.

The layout is kind of standard though, nothing you haven't played a gazillion times before - left/right orbit; rollover lanes to 3 bumpers; left ramp to left flipper (right flipper when diverted); 2 sets of left/right stand up targets; right VUK to right flipper; ball launch to right loop from short ramp drop... etc, etc.

I hope there's a magnet in front of those centre targets, otherwise the ball will bounce back at lightning speed, SDTM.

I'm not seeing anything extraordinary, although the 'Lucky Break' feature has me intrigued.

Seems like a fun tribute to the golden age of pinball... no licensing bullshit, just plain 'ol fun.

#931 1 year ago

This new wave are like Benny blanco from the Bronx. No respect for the street code.

#932 1 year ago

I really love everything about this game so far. Obviously have to wait on gameplay reveal and price but i'm quite tempted.

But, I already have a FF Prem and DP Pro on order. At home I have LOTR and GZ Prem. I only have space for 5 pins for now.

Assuming GTF looks fun to play I think I'm gonna let go of my DP pro deposit and save that final spot for something else instead of 3 modern sterns. Both local places have DP anyway.

Funny thing is that will be 3 out of 4 pins about saving humanity/rock and roll /ice cream from UFO-piloting aliens. Too much? Or the strong basis of a theme for my little arcade room?? (may have to retheme my LOTR... Sauron -> Sauceron??)

#933 1 year ago
Quoted from pinmister:

[quoted image]

I wish manufacturers would get away from putting the secondary button right beneath the primary button.

It makes the game feel weird when playing. Especially when doing slaps and other nudges.

I don't get why we moved away from positioning the buttons further back like Williams did.

#934 1 year ago
Quoted from explosiveegg:

I wish manufacturers would get away from putting the secondary button right beneath the primary button.

I do not seem to have an issue with any disruption. I like that they are close together-they almost need to be to have a quick trigger finger reaction. It adds another thing to think about when playing

#935 1 year ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Dude. Dialed In.
I'll be honest, this game looks amazing so far. I'm shocked as I've had zero interest from American Pinball until just now. This looks so effing cool.

Yes dialed in. And also BKSOR (a license on an unlicensed).

Jjp and stern’s worst-selling games of the Pinside era.

Time to step up folks.

It’s pinball. It’s outer space. It’s babes. It’s space lasers. This is what you want. Buy it!

#936 1 year ago

I will wait for pricing and I do not need the collector tank edition for an extra $5000

Wondering what they will do for standard edition? Really hoping for standard classic stainless trim

$6988 including delivery

#937 1 year ago

The game looks like pure 90s fun, love it.

#938 1 year ago

Ice cream, you scream, we all scream GTFo!

#939 1 year ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I will wait for pricing and I do not need the collector tank edition for an extra $5000
Wondering what they will do for standard edition? Really hoping for standard classic stainless trim
$6988 including delivery

GTF vs PF pricing will be the game changer on which one to buy for a lot of people.

#940 1 year ago
Quoted from gjm:

GTF vs PF pricing will be the game changer on which one to buy for a lot of people

My wife thinks PF is going to be cool. I need to revisit it and watch again-I think it has been like 10 years since I last watched it. It is iconic/cult classic and CGC will do it right-just have to get back into theme somehow. I think I have seen one too many PF memes that have gotten stale(If I see one more Samuel meme I will...)
For me this is something different and it looks fun.

#941 1 year ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Dude. Dialed In.

Well theres plenty of good playing games with original themes and DI is probably near the top of them, that was kind of my point in context for what I was replying to

#942 1 year ago
Quoted from explosiveegg:

It makes the game feel weird when playing. Especially when doing slaps and other nudges.
I don't get why we moved away from positioning the buttons further back like Williams did.

I agree, the worst culprit was BKSOR, where the Magna Save was triggered by the lockdown bar button. Unlike the original BK and BK2K. Brutal. This is fine though…just a little adjustment.

#943 1 year ago

Game looks great, hopefully gameplay matches looks.

If so, I'm in as long as prices aren't Stern premium level... I just can't do it.

#944 1 year ago

I think I'd definitely be in a $7k Stern Pro level pricing, but I'm thinking they'll be over that at around $8k for the standard model at least. LOV was around there. Even that might be wishful thinking though. That's my hope at least though, as I'm not paying $10k for any pinball machine, and even $9k is pushing it.

The only thing I'm not digging is the silly ice cream crap. It's already campy enough with retro atomic 50's vibe and Galactic tank forces. Why the friggin ice cream thing??? I hope it doesn't go too overboard with that crap.

#945 1 year ago
Quoted from PinKopf:

I think I'd definitely be in a $7k Stern Pro level pricing, but I'm thinking they'll be over that at around $8k for the standard model at least. Even that might be wishful thinking. That's my hope at least, as I'm not paying $10k for any pinball machine, and even $9k is pushing it.
The only thing I'm not digging is the silly ice cream crap. It's already campy enough with retro atomic 50's vibe and Galactic tank forces. Why the friggin ice cream thing??? I hope it doesn't go too overboard with that crap.

$7-8K entry would be attractive.

This is definitely APs most attractive game to date. Call me impressed.

#946 1 year ago

$12k for tank, and guessing just under $9k without. Maybe standard w/o blades, shaker, knocker for somewhat less. Looks like HW’s pro like pricing targeted at operator market was one off experiment. Don’t like it, but really can’t expect them to price way under everyone else selling to collector market. No license, but probably significant cost to develop original A/V and art.

#947 1 year ago

MSRP on LOV Deluxe was 8400

#948 1 year ago

I'm hoping that the standard pricing is at or below what Spooky charges for their Standard ($7769). Spooky also has full RGB, four flippers, a huge upper playfield, numerous magnets, tons of wireforms, 7 drop targets, real backglass, etc. and they likely have similar manufacturing capabilities. Is there anything that's in GTF that justifies a higher price than what Spooky is charging?

#949 1 year ago

Per Knapp Arcade, Nordman confirmed that the tank is just for the limited edition and that there will be a standard edition that looks like a normal pinball machine. They will also be for sale by the end of March.

https://www.knapparcade.org/post/details-on-american-pinball-s-galactic-tank-force-from-its-iconic-designer

#950 1 year ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I'm hoping that the standard pricing is at or below what Spooky charges for their Standard ($7769). Spooky also has full RGB, four flippers, a huge upper playfield, numerous magnets, tons of wireforms, 7 drop targets, real backglass, etc. and they likely have similar manufacturing capabilities. Is there anything that's in GTF that justifies a higher price than what Spooky is charging?

Build quality?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fairfax, VA
$ 10,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 10,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 10,995.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 10,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

Machine - Pre-order Spot
St. Clair Shores, MI
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 9,799.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

Machine - For Sale
Waterford Township, MI
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 9,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 7,320 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 147.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ap-s-galactic-tank-force-gtf-speculation-hype-thread/page/19?hl=pinkopf and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.