• 421 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 hours ago by gonzo73
  • Topic is favorited by 146 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240529_193626 (resized).jpg
IMG_4884 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2024-05-29 at 11-58-07 Scandroid - The Darkness & The Light Limited Edition 2LP Vinyl (resized).png
61sXlxNGYAL._SL1500_ (resized).jpg
IMG_20240528_220023.jpg
IMG_5640 (resized).jpg
IMG_5643 (resized).jpg
IMG_5641 (resized).jpg
IMG_5642 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240528_210653.jpg
IMG_20240528_210623.jpg
IMG_20240528_210559.jpg
IMG_20240528_203652.jpg
IMG_20240528_203933.jpg
IMG_20240528_200603.jpg
IMG_20240528_200533.jpg
There are 13,398 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 268.
#501 7 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

Oh yeah, I've got a bunch. Here are some of the framed ones:

Ween!!

#502 7 years ago

Pretty cool soundtrack showed up in the mail today. Love that it's pressed on silver vinyl

20170302_215437 (resized).jpg20170302_215437 (resized).jpg

#503 7 years ago
Quoted from ssbodyman:

Pretty cool soundtrack showed up in the mail today. Love that it's pressed on silver vinyl

Like the flying silver ball! Sweet!

#504 7 years ago
Quoted from ssbodyman:

Omfg! That is just bad ass!!! BOY!!!!!

Never seen that before!! Is that something new? Or an original soundtrack???

#505 7 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

Like the flying silver ball! Sweet!

My DVD Sphere set...bit dusty, but love it!

KIMG1782 (resized).jpgKIMG1782 (resized).jpg

#506 7 years ago
Quoted from pacmanretro:

Omfg! That is just bad ass!!! BOY!!!!!
Never seen that before!! Is that something new? Or an original soundtrack???

It's a newer release by Death Waltz records. I'm not usually a soundtrack kind of guy but they have some pretty great ones. Sold through Mondotees.com.

That sphere dvd set is awesome! Phantasm would have been a great license for pinball.

#507 7 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

Couple more new ones came today.

Nice. I have an original GodWeenSatan on the Twin/Tone label.

#509 7 years ago

I think that thing looks pretty dang cool. And for those interested the Kickstarter is about to end but you can still get in on it like 40 hours left, if you wanted.

Nice share.

#510 7 years ago

Wow! That's neat. Very different ... Not exactly analog at that point,so I wonder if it loses any of its fidelity or anything. It would be a 600 dollar cat toy for me (lol), but pretty interesting.

I wonder if the direct wired plug is still analog or if entire device is digital. I'm guessing digital.

#511 7 years ago

Just looking again, did I read that right???

They needed 50K and they are at OVER 800!!!!

Wow!!! Vinyl is definitely ALIVE!

#512 7 years ago

So, you asked me what I think.

What's the point?

Kind of like putting a modern engine in a Model A Ford.

Just my opinion.

E

#513 7 years ago
Quoted from electricsquirrel:

So, you asked me what I think.
What's the point?
Kind of like putting a modern engine in a Model A Ford.
Just my opinion.
E

It's not for everyone for sure but the fact that it's brought in over $800,000 shows that there is a market for it.

#514 7 years ago
Quoted from pacmanretro:

There are people still into 45s too right?????

I collect 45's, although I think I have most what I want! Are you looking to move them on?

#515 7 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

I collect 45's, although I think I have most what I want! Are you looking to move them on?

I have a lot that I have never even gone thru yet...I was just curious if vinyl guys are mostly into lps or if 45s are of interest. When I get through some more of them, I'll maybe sell a stack off (for reasonable cheap, most 45s aren't worth much).

It will probably be a little while before I get to them, but I will certainly let guys on here know I have some for sale/trade/etc before elsewhere.

#516 7 years ago

Here's my record player. 72 Seeburg

seeburg (resized).jpgseeburg (resized).jpg

#517 7 years ago
Quoted from barkerlake:

Nice. I have an original GodWeenSatan on the Twin/Tone label.

Pretty rare! They used to go for lots more money until they started repressing them.

#518 7 years ago

The Police seemed like a great way to start a Monday.

FullSizeRender.jpg (resized).jpegFullSizeRender.jpg (resized).jpeg
IMG_0101.JPG (resized).jpegIMG_0101.JPG (resized).jpeg

#519 7 years ago

Maybe followed by some Pretenders.

IMG_0106 (resized).JPGIMG_0106 (resized).JPG

#520 7 years ago

And rolling along with some Blues For Allah... (hope the NSA isn't watching that one...)

IMG_0121 (resized).JPGIMG_0121 (resized).JPG

#521 7 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

Maybe followed by some Pretenders.

What a great album! James Honeyman Scott is a criminally under-rated guitar player, and he kills on this. Good choice.

#522 7 years ago

Getting way back on a Monday.

Papa John Creach makes this album so good.

IMG_0125 (resized).JPGIMG_0125 (resized).JPG

#523 7 years ago

Tuesday drinkin' and smokin' music.

IMG_0130 (resized).JPGIMG_0130 (resized).JPG
IMG_0131 (resized).JPGIMG_0131 (resized).JPG
IMG_0133 (resized).JPGIMG_0133 (resized).JPG

#524 7 years ago

Listening to Sargent Peppers this morning, and for the first time with a set of decent cans. Wow, seriously never gave this album the necessary credit. Such great detail I haven't heard before.

#525 7 years ago

i'm in the club

born in '66 i also grew with vinyl
with pinball, my other hobby is djing, and this love for music came also round the same period (+/- 12 years old), surelly because when we were playing pinball at our favorite place, the jukebox near the machine was always playing a song... so thrue that even now some songs are really linked in my head to me playing one or another pinball... better to not say that to a psychanalist

than, not sure my vinyl collection will interest lots of guys here, as its mostly linked to the mixing world :

- lots of 12" from the '80, including US & CANADIAN imports (i'm in Belgium)
- "dj only" vinyls members, as DISCO MIX CLUB, MUSIC FACTORY ...
- quite all bootleg megamixes produced in/near the country

and if you want to give an eye & listen :

https://www.youtube.com/user/RipleYYY/videos

#526 7 years ago
Quoted from pinster68:

Listening to Sargent Peppers this morning, and for the first time with a set of decent cans. Wow, seriously never gave this album the necessary credit. Such great detail I haven't heard before.

I've been doing that a lot lately, too.
Listening to old familiar albums with "new ears".

E

#527 7 years ago
Quoted from Jam_Burglar:

Pretty rare! They used to go for lots more money until they started repressing them.

Yeah, I figured as much. Oh well, I'll still hold onto it because:

a) I love Ween
b) I'm from MPLS. I love those Twin/Tone labels (Replacements)

I would like to own an original "The Pod" someday..

#528 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

Victor Wooten is one of my favorite bassists.

His "A Show of Hands" is spectacular on CD (and is available on vinyl for around $35).

Quoted from ssbodyman:

I did finally get to a record store and find this gem for my wife.

I'm sure your wife (and not you) wanted that Cheryl Ladd album for the cover picture alone?

I'm a fan of Todd Rundgren and I have two copies of The Todd Rundgren Radio Show rare promo LP.
Todd LP (resized).jpgTodd LP (resized).jpg

#529 7 years ago

I just stumbled across one new in box Technics SL1200GLD and another one new in the box but unfortunately it was opened and the dust cover is missing. Where I already have a pair of SL1200LTD's for each of my home setups and a pair of SL1200M3D's for my rig I'm going to be selling off the GLD's.

If anyone is interested, drop me a PM.

D

GLD (resized).JPGGLD (resized).JPG

#530 7 years ago
Quoted from barkerlake:

a) I love Ween

I would love to own those old Twin Tone Replacements pressings (only have Tim). Good luck finding a copy of The Pod.

EDIT: I just remembered Tim was their first for Sire, so I have zero Twin/Tones

#531 7 years ago

Someone pick a number between 1 and 200

#533 7 years ago

Holy Moses.... Good choice.

14890176805721175105993 (resized).jpg14890176805721175105993 (resized).jpg

#534 7 years ago

New cartridge day!! The suspension was giving on my old one and I didn't realize this one was coming all the way from Japan, so it's been a long wait. I like it.

IMG_1646 (resized).JPGIMG_1646 (resized).JPG

#535 7 years ago

Wednesday is hump day. Need rock.

IMG_0138 (resized).JPGIMG_0138 (resized).JPG

#536 7 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

New cartridge day!! The suspension was giving on my old one and I didn't realize this one was coming all the way from Japan, so it's been a long wait. I like it.

Is that a TT15S1 turntable?

#537 7 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

Is that a TT15S1 turntable?

Yes it is.

#538 7 years ago
Quoted from barkerlake:

a) I love Ween

I used to have most of the Ween stuff, The Live Brain Wedgie, GWS, The Pod on vinyl that I got when it came out because I grew up in southeastern PA where they're from. Let someone borrow one, some got stolen, lost some of the demo tapes, now I think I just have one or two of the represses. I'm kinda the opposite of most Ween fans though, I like them recorded better than live, these days at least. I don't care how much I like a band, if they play for more than 45 minutes I'm done. Ween playing 3 hour jam sets just isn't my thing.

#539 7 years ago
Quoted from MrDucks:

I used to have most of the Ween stuff, The Live Brain Wedgie, GWS, The Pod on vinyl that I got when it came out because I grew up in southeastern PA where they're from. Let someone borrow one, some got stolen, lost some of the demo tapes, now I think I just have one or two of the represses. I'm kinda the opposite of most Ween fans though, I like them recorded better than live, these days at least. I don't care how much I like a band, if they play for more than 45 minutes I'm done. Ween playing 3 hour jam sets just isn't my thing.

Having been a Ween fan for a long time I can honestly say this is the first time I've ever heard anyone say this (the live thing). While they're definitely a different band from 25 yrs ago with the DAT machine, they're still the greatest live band on the planet. They're playing here on St. Paddy's day, and while I hate this phrase...it's gonna be epic.

#540 7 years ago

I used to play direct-to-disc or 1/2 speed mastered LPs to show off the sound of my old stereo system, then switch to a picture disc when guys looked at the equipment. I usually used either Boston or Sgt. Peppers, because they're classic albums that look great as picture discs. (Linda Ronstadt picture disc still unopened.)
picture discs 1 (resized).jpgpicture discs 1 (resized).jpgpicture discs 2 (resized).jpgpicture discs 2 (resized).jpg

#541 7 years ago

I have that Linda Ronstadt picture disc as well.

#542 7 years ago

scan0002 (resized).jpgscan0002 (resized).jpg

scan0004 (resized).jpgscan0004 (resized).jpg

#543 7 years ago

I have been looking very hard at that model. I have classic TTs now, but would like to get a newer one.

Would you purchase it again?

#544 7 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

I used to play direct-to-disc or 1/2 speed mastered LPs to show off the sound of my old stereo system, then switch to a picture disc when guys looked at the equipment. I usually used either Boston or Sgt. Peppers, because they're classic albums that look great as picture discs. (Linda Ronstadt picture disc still unopened.)

I have a few as well, but keep in mind that they represent a decrease in sound quality.

#545 7 years ago

scan0005 (resized).jpgscan0005 (resized).jpg

scan0006 (resized).jpgscan0006 (resized).jpg

#546 7 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

I have that Sgt Peppers and a few others. Been thinking about framing them and hanging them up on the wall.

#547 7 years ago

Count me in, I just bought myself a turntable for Christmas. Got a new Rega P3. Also got a new T.V. stand, now I need to find a proper center channel speaker stand.

0123172011a (resized).jpg0123172011a (resized).jpg

#548 7 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

I have a few as well, but keep in mind that they represent a decrease in sound quality.

They "may" represent a decrease in sound quality. It's a disclaimer. There is a chance they might not sound as good because of the manufacturing process. Normally they sound just as good though.

#549 7 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

I have been looking very hard at that model. I have classic TTs now, but would like to get a newer one.
Would you purchase it again?

I would buy another in a heartbeat. I think it's the best bang for the buck turntable out there (although admittedly I haven't been looking for one in a while). I've owned it for about 8 years and haven't had any issues and love the way it tracks and sounds. It comes with a fantastic cartridge as I'm sure you're aware.

#550 7 years ago

Tonight's menu:

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

There are 13,398 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 268.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anyone-collect-vinyl/page/11?galleryp=3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.