2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 3,825 posts
  • 220 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 hours ago by Fulltilt
  • Topic is favorited by 60 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,405 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

847A8486-1CBF-4449-A110-1730C2B59454 (resized).jpeg
KIMG3858 (resized).jpg
Effect_20190421_112420 (resized).jpg
Effect_20190421_112342 (resized).jpg
15558607057531834481145125202594 (resized).jpg
15558584373792592089785329719049 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
9B03D01D-0FA9-4C81-BB9F-CA166FD1D524 (resized).jpeg
FullSizeRender-2 (resized).jpeg
FullSizeRender-1 (resized).jpeg
FullSizeRender (resized).jpeg
C153ED80-2B3C-4249-90EB-D619490C069B (resized).jpeg
DB97B7DC-F631-4F09-B307-4589F3C51FE8 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
B3BDFF32-DB39-469B-9D65-EB58B838C130 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

There are 3825 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 77.
#601 2 years ago

Sounds tonight.

IMG_1983 (resized).JPG

#602 2 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

That thing is a beaut. $1250 in 1974 = $6250 today so that must have been top of the line. Although that was back when the stereo was the centerpiece of the family room, not the TV.

I couldn't afford the big Marantz back when. I had the baby version. (:

#603 2 years ago

Late night southern blues with some Wet Willie.
Saw them in concert with Lynard Skynard as the intro band. Oh yeah..

FullSizeRender.jpg-1 (resized).jpeg
CONCERT2 (resized).jpg

#604 2 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

» YouTube video

3 bucks! And no refunds!!!! Outrageous!!

#605 2 years ago
Quoted from pacmanretro:

3 bucks! And no refunds!!!! Outrageous!!

And .25 a gallon gas.

#606 2 years ago
Quoted from jazzmaster:

Yesterday's finds:

Great score, love the Stems & the Church.

#607 2 years ago
Quoted from electricsquirrel:

Got to thinking about the Australian thing, so this weekend it was:

Died Pretty & Radio Birdman. Great stuff!

Quoted from jazzmaster:

Awesome choices! If you like those records, there is no way in hell you won't like these:

Yep, I agree.

#608 2 years ago

Another great one.
A sampler of bands, all Australian on the Citadel label.
This was on my turntable for months after I bought it.

citadel (resized).jpg

#609 2 years ago

Have you caught The Avengers live since they got back together? They tour up here every couple of years. Penelope Houston is as awesome as ever.

#610 2 years ago

Another great one.
A sampler of bands, all Australian on the Citadel label.
This was on my turntable for months after I bought it.

Have not seen this one before. The track listing looks awesome though...I will have to track one down. Speaking of compilations from the southern pacific, this one came out a few years ago and blew me away...

It is on Flying Nun so obviously New Zealand bands...still some awesome stuff!

272337 (resized).jpg

#611 2 years ago

Another Australian favorite....STONEAGE ROMEOS

1200x630bb (resized).jpg

#612 2 years ago

You guys listing to some weird shit.

#613 2 years ago

I have had around a thousand or so records buried in a closet separate from the rest of my collection for quite a few years....dug part of it out a few days ago and found these beauties....

IMG_1916 (resized).JPG

IMG_1918 (resized).JPG

IMG_1917 (resized).JPG

IMG_1919 (resized).JPG

#614 2 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

In the day I thought my Marantz Quadraphonic was the bomb.

I was all in on quadraphonic back then, with Marantz top line separates (150 tuner with 3" oscilloscope, 3800 stereo preamp, 510M stereo power amp, 4000 rear channel adapter preamp (with pocket for SQ or QS decoders) and 250 stereo power amp (for rear channels), plus Teac 3340 4-channel reel-to-reel and Teac 860 esoteric series cassette deck, plus Technics direct drive turntable for stereo and Dual 701 direct drive turntable with Audio Technica cartridge for quadradiscs. The Captain and Me by the Doobies was one of my favorite 4-channel reel-to-reel tapes to listen to cranked through the Marantz system into my four JBL L100 studio monitors. This system is still in my living room, though it seldom gets played since since the 80" flatscreen TV is in my family room with all Sony blackface equipment (receiver and CD-player and cassette deck and VHS deck and Blu-ray player and turntable) plus JBL surround speakers and subwoofer. I need to take a couple pics of my Marantz setup and post it here (the pics below were just taken off the internet).
Marantz 150 tuner (resized).jpgmarantz_3800_stereo_preamplifier (resized).jpgmarantz 510m (resized).jpgmarantz_4000_quadradial_adaptor (resized).jpgMarantz 250 power amp (resized).jpg
Teac 3340 (resized).jpgTeac 860 esoteric series (resized).jpgJBL L100s (resized).jpg

#615 2 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

The Captain and Me by the Doobies was one of my favorite 4-channel reel-to-reel tapes

I think the reel to reel is fair game here. It might not be vinyl but it's pure analog. I still use my Pioneer regularly!

DSCF5942 (resized).JPG

#616 2 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

» YouTube video

$9.00 to see Led Zeppelin.
Those were the days.

#617 2 years ago

Picked up these four gems last week - all near mint condition Australian original pressings.

image (resized).jpg

#618 2 years ago

And this purchase too - also an original Australian pressing.

image (resized).jpg

#619 2 years ago

When I was in highschool I was totally in love with Siouxsie. I remember seeing her live and then trying to guess what hotel she was staying at and stocking her in the lobby. I'd love to pick that stuff up on vinyl.

#620 2 years ago

$9.00 to see Led Zeppelin.
Those were the days.

Festival seating... the ticket never got taken. They opened the doors and got out of the way.

#621 2 years ago

After a couple Rhinelander Root Beers, It's a bit of a Harry and Jimmy kind of night for me today.

KIMG1819 (resized).jpg

KIMG1821 (resized).jpg

KIMG1820 (resized).jpg

#622 2 years ago
Quoted from jazzmaster:

I have had around a thousand or so records buried in a closet separate from the rest of my collection for quite a few years....dug part of it out a few days ago and found these beauties....

That's my high school years right there. All stolen about ten years ago though. Does Sister have the girl with the overalls on it on the other side? I think that and the Disney pictures were blocked out on later versions.

#623 2 years ago

Arrived in the mail today.

IMG_4119 (resized).JPG

#624 2 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

Festival seating... the ticket never got taken. They opened the doors and got out of the way.

I got crushed a couple of times at festival seating concerts. A Zeppelin show had to be a madhouse.

#625 2 years ago
Quoted from MrDucks:

Does Sister have the girl with the overalls on it on the other side? I think that and the Disney pictures were blocked out on later versions.

Yes...Good catch! This is the first pressing with the Richard Avedon and Magic Kingdom photos. After Avedon threatened to sue, SST first covered the photos with black decals and then blanked them out on later pressings.

Another tidbit about Sister.... it is a concept album loosely based on science fiction writer Philip K Dick. The title of the album was inspired by Dick's twin sister who died at birth. The Philip K Dick society named it their album of the year in 1987.

#626 2 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

I need to take a couple pics of my Marantz setup and post it here.

So I snapped a couple quick pics last night. One of my living room with the stereo/quadraphonic gear in the back corner and another of the two stacks: the right stack for stereo and the left stack adding 4-channel sources and the rear channel amplification. I built the walnut stands to house the equipment with the turntables on top (and the walnut stands for the 4 JBL L100s in the corners), but later added the Sony CD-changer to the stereo stack.
living room (resized).jpgtwin towers (resized).jpg

#628 2 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

And .25 a gallon gas.

Actually it was 50 cents a gallon around then.

#629 2 years ago
Quoted from jhanley:

Actually it was 50 cents a gallon around then.

Around '72-'73 in eastern NC we had it for .25 at the self serve pumps. I remember it shooting up there in the "gas shortage". What a bunch of bull that was waiting in line for a quota of gas.

#630 2 years ago
Quoted from SteveO:

I got crushed a couple of times at festival seating concerts. A Zeppelin show had to be a madhouse.

I remember that scary feeling. When the crowd started moving into the door, for a moment being carried along with my feet off the ground.

#631 2 years ago
Quoted from jazzmaster:

Yes...Good catch! This is the first pressing with the Richard Avedon and Magic Kingdom photos. After Avedon threatened to sue, SST first covered the photos with black decals and then blanked them out on later pressings.

You've also got the pre-"jr" dinosaur albums, are you sure you didn't get all these from whoever it was that stole my old records??

#632 2 years ago

Not a huge Kiss fan, but I don't dislike them. However, I just found this. https://www.klassik78.com/
Mind blown. I thought this was NOS. Amazing.

#633 2 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

So I snapped a couple quick pics last night.

WOW!

#634 2 years ago

Playing these tonight.
IMG_5911 (resized).JPG

IMG_5913 (resized).JPG

#635 2 years ago

Got some Talking Heads tonight. Needed this to wrap up the week.

IMG_0217 (resized).JPG

#636 2 years ago
Quoted from 20eyes:

Playing these tonight.

Quoted from Fulltilt:

Got some Talking Heads tonight. Needed this to wrap up the week.

You guys have great taste. Sad Wings is my second favorite JP after Stained Class and that live Heads is amazing. I love the way it shows them at different times in their career.

#637 2 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

So I snapped a couple quick pics last night. One of my living room with the stereo/quadraphonic gear in the back corner and another of the two stacks: the right stack for stereo and the left stack adding 4-channel sources and the rear channel amplification. I built the walnut stands to house the equipment with the turntables on top (and the walnut stands for the 4 JBL L100s in the corners), but later added the Sony CD-changer to the stereo stack.

A thing of beauty!

E

#638 2 years ago

Been really getting into these two lately:

MI0001646618 (resized).jpg

MI0003840864 (resized).jpg

#639 2 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

Same boat here. I can say the following about Beck on vinyl: Sea Change is tremendous on vinyl. Every pressing that I've heard or heard of is fantastic, my only issue with it is whatever you play after it sounds like absolute dogshit lol, unless it's.... Mutations which also sounds outstanding. Odelay is one of my favorite albums ever but the re-issue is just ok. They jammed about 70 mins on a single disc so the sound is going to suffer. Guero is sweet and a little better sound wise. That's all I have, hope it helps.

I was once at a Beck show (this was during the Mutations tour and he was playing pretty small venues) and people were yelling out songs they wanted him to play, so I yell out "play some Wu Tang!" and sure enough, Beck goes into playing an acoustic version of Wu Tang Clan Ain't Nothin' Ta Fuck Wit.

#640 2 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

Have you caught The Avengers live since they got back together? They tour up here every couple of years. Penelope Houston is as awesome as ever.

I did. They rocked!

#641 2 years ago

I think Friday night is good for some Ian Anderson to kick it off.

IMG_0209 (resized).JPG

#642 2 years ago

Or this one......

IMG_0324 (resized).JPG

#643 2 years ago

Listening to this one right now for the first time since high school '77

IMG_0325 (resized).JPG

#644 2 years ago

But after a couple of beers and a bourbon to freshen the breath ..... finish the night with " The Hook"

IMG_0327 (resized).JPG

#645 2 years ago

Happy St. Patrick's Day vinyl fans.

FullSizeRender.jpg-4 (resized).jpeg

#646 2 years ago

Just found this for $1 today!

20170319_170109 (resized).jpg

#647 2 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

Just found this for $1 today!

I'm guilty of buying that one for ths aet

Added 22 months ago: The art

#648 2 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

I think Friday night is good for some Ian Anderson to kick it off.

Aqualung is a great album but, like Dark Side of the Moon, the radio stations really beat the crap out of it.

#649 2 years ago

Check this out.

Freakin amazing.

#650 2 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

Check this out.
Freakin amazing.
» YouTube video

WOW. In 1983 I used an electron microscope for my research course in my biology major. That scope is an amazing advance over old technology.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 34.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
£ 49.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Bright Lights Pinball
£ 29.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 999.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields
$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 159.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Great American Pinball
$ 16.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 16.00
$ 50.00
$ 107.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 11.95
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 32.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
There are 3825 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 77.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside