20240416_132713 (resized).jpg
20240416_132452 (resized).jpg
20240416_132702 (resized).jpg
IMG_4604 (resized).JPG
2024-04-15 19.35.53 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
20240416_153616 (resized).jpg
20240416_153439 (resized).jpg
There are 13,063 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 262.
#451 7 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

So are yall gonna change the name to the "vintage" vinyl club? I havent seen a recent band in a while if at all.

I have Burning Brides, Municipal Waste, and Punch in the Face LP's along with some other 20-teens hardcore/ non-hardcore rock.

R-1536754-1226833573 (resized).jpegR-1536754-1226833573 (resized).jpeg

#452 7 years ago

So are yall gonna change the name to the "vintage" vinyl club? I havent seen a recent band in a while if at all.

This is about the most "recent" you'll see from me.
Seems in keeping with "recent" pinball. (:

DSCF5912 (resized).JPGDSCF5912 (resized).JPG

#453 7 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

I have Burning Brides, Municipal Waste, and Punch in the Face LP's along with some other 20-teens hardcore/ non-hardcore rock.

There we go!

Ill post my more current LPs tonight some time.

#454 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

Even their later albums? Those use stereo to do some wild stuff I guess I just assumed it was what they wanted.

George Martin went back and remixed the albums for stereo afterwards. the stereo "effects" including putting instruments in one channel only was done as an afterthought.

Beatles recorded in mono and never multi-tracked until much later in their career

#455 7 years ago
Quoted from Fixie:

Totally agree "One Size Fits All" is Zapa's best with "Overnight Sensation" a close second. Any Zappa record with George Duke on it was head and shoulders above all his other efforts to me.
On the "Yes" side , here's a couple of framed autographed covers on my wall. Sorry for the reflection. They need Invisiglass !

If you even want to sell those, send me a PM.

Chris Squire is the reason I started playing bass (well Chris and Greg Lake)

#456 7 years ago
Quoted from KeithinMI:

George Martin went back and remixed the albums for stereo afterwards. the stereo "effects" including putting instruments in one channel only was done as an afterthought.

While it is true that George Martin mixed the stereo versions of the Beatles records through the white album with very little input from the band members themselves, these were not simulated stereo mixes. For the first two Beatles UK releases (Please Please Me and With the Beatles), Abbey Road Studios was equipped with a two track recorder. These records were recorded with the vocals on one track and the instrumentation on the other. Mono and stereo mixes were created from the same recordings. Beginning with A Hard Day's Night, Abbey Road upgraded to a 4 track recorder and for all of the remaining albums through the white album dedicated mono and stereo recordings were made of each album. Thee mono and stereo mixes were created from the respective recording.

#457 7 years ago

I can take a pic of my Scott Pilgrim soundtrack if that makes you feel better.

New vinyl is expensive but I think I bought Scott Pilgrim for 10 bucks on Amazon.

#458 7 years ago
Quoted from KeithinMI:

If you even want to sell those, send me a PM.
Chris Squire is the reason I started playing bass (well Chris and Greg Lake)

Victor Wooten is one of my favorite bassists. I love him with Bela Fleck. Check out Sinister Minister.

#459 7 years ago

I want to sell my white label promo of David Bowie's "Man Who Sold the World". It's the US cartoon version, the matrix #'s are machine stamped (not a bootleg) The record sounds incredible, the cover has a little staining near the sleeve. I'll take some pics soon.

PM me an offer if interested and maybe we can work something out (for this record and perhaps others down the road)

#460 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

New vinyl is expensive

I gotta agree. Ive found a few deals, but Im paying around $20 a vinyl. Although, they all come with a digital copy then, its kind of sweet. I almost prefer this way of buying music now. You get the cool LP with the artwork and inserts, and still get the digi copy for you ipod or whatever.

Any of yall see Beatles Love in Vegas? They broke all their tracks down by instrument and vocals its pretty intense. I had john in one ear and paul in the other at parts. Theres like 6000 speakers or something ridiculous like that in that auditorium. In your head rest, in front of you, everywhere.

#461 7 years ago
Quoted from stpcore:

She has no need for this collection any longer. I offered to help her find a good home for these LPs but I honestly don't know anything about them or their potential value.

Where, geographically, are the records located? Some metro areas have record stores that like to stock classical music. Another possibility is to visit a record collector show and see if any of the dealers are regularly buying/selling that type of record.
.................David Marston

#462 7 years ago

Here's some new stuff I picked up this week

All Them Witches
Anderson. Paak
Beck
Beck

IMG_1634 (resized).JPGIMG_1634 (resized).JPG

#463 7 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

All Them Witches
Anderson. Paak
Beck
Beck

Awesome! Did that odelay originally come out in vinyl at all? I'm guessing thats new repressing?

#464 7 years ago
Quoted from pacmanretro:

Awesome! Did that odelay originally come out in vinyl at all? I'm guessing thats new repressing?

It was pressed back in the day but in very low numbers and last one I saw was like $250 used. So yes this is the repressing.

#465 7 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

It was pressed back in the day but in very low numbers and last one I saw was like $250 used. So yes this is the repressing.

Nice. I've been wanting to get smashing pumpkins mellon collie box repressing. I had found an original for like 200 and was like omg! Idk about that much...I think its like 400-500 range now though!

#466 7 years ago

I have the Beck one foot in the grave LP. Its one of my all time favorite albums. Very good folk sounds on that album.

#467 7 years ago

I haven't been to a record store in almost three weeks-getting a little jittery

#468 7 years ago

I gotta agree. Ive found a few deals, but Im paying around $20 a vinyl. Although, they all come with a digital copy then, its kind of sweet. I almost prefer this way of buying music now. You get the cool LP with the artwork and inserts, and still get the digi copy for you ipod or whatever.
Any of yall see Beatles Love in Vegas? They broke all their tracks down by instrument and vocals its pretty intense. I had john in one ear and paul in the other at parts. Theres like 6000 speakers or something ridiculous like that in that auditorium. In your head rest, in front of you, everywhere.

I guess you're referring to online sellers like Amazon that will give you a digital copy. That's where I bought my Scott Pilgrim LP and yeah it came with the digital version all for less than 15 bucks. That makes it tough to go to a record store and pay $30 to $40.

#469 7 years ago
Quoted from pacmanretro:

Yes, I can confirm because I bought in on LP when it first came out.

#470 7 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

All Them Witches
Anderson. Paak
Beck
Beck

It makes me feel old when I look at bands and realize I've never heard the names before..... (Ok, well maybe Beck..)

#471 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

I guess you're referring to online sellers like Amazon that will give you a digital copy. That's where I bought my Scott Pilgrim LP and yeah it came with the digital version all for less than 15 bucks. That makes it tough to go to a record store and pay $30 to $40.

Well, I bought my Aesop Rock LP and it came with a digi copy. I think my Tame Impala records did too. Tame impala was off Amazon but Aesop was not.

#472 7 years ago

My high school daughters setup.

20170226_182306 (resized).jpg20170226_182306 (resized).jpg

#473 7 years ago
Quoted from ssbodyman:

My high school daughters setup.

That's awesome! And I see the new vinyl in her stack is good music too!

#474 7 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

It makes me feel old when I look at bands and realize I've never heard the names before..... (Ok, well maybe Beck..)

I'm kinda old (47), there's still lots of good music being made.

#475 7 years ago
Quoted from pacmanretro:

That's awesome! And I see the new vinyl in her stack is good music too!

My wife and I were just talking about the fact that she has more of my musical taste. There's a few in her stack that I'd borrow but plenty of crap too.

#476 7 years ago

I did finally get to a record store for a couple of hours this weekend not much luck for myself but did manage to find this gem for my wife.

20170226_212645 (resized).jpg20170226_212645 (resized).jpg

#477 7 years ago

Pipes of Peace, underrated IMHO:

0227171422 (resized).jpg0227171422 (resized).jpg

#478 7 years ago

Couple more new ones came today.

IMG_1638 (resized).JPGIMG_1638 (resized).JPG

#479 7 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

Couple more new ones came today.

I 'wonder' which is your favorite???

#480 7 years ago

Young Loud and Snotty record store where I put my first pinball machine out has a local punk rock compilation out...

http://youngloudandsnotty.storenvy.com

#481 7 years ago

Quick interest check....I have a collection larger than I'll admit. Lol...

Anyway, I have my premo albums, my decent stuff, my crap, etc...

I have a pretty significant amount of duplicates over the years of classic rock etc. Some are trashed, some are minty (mostly ones im keeping)... I have a lot of duplicates that are awesome albums, but not VG+ collector albums.

Anyway, is there an interest to people worth me starting to sort thru stuff in my "players" quality stuff? Lol. I use term as a funny....like classic 70d rock that isnt perfect, with wear, but certainly playable for a few bucks?

Or are people on here really high collectors only looking for high end and minty stuff?

#482 7 years ago
Quoted from pacmanretro:

Quick interest check....I have a collection larger than I'll admit. Lol...
Anyway, I have my premo albums, my decent stuff, my crap, etc...
I have a pretty significant amount of duplicates over the years of classic rock etc. Some are trashed, some are minty (mostly ones im keeping)... I have a lot of duplicates that are awesome albums, but not VG+ collector albums.
Anyway, is there an interest to people worth me starting to sort thru stuff in my "players" quality stuff? Lol. I use term as a funny....like classic 70d rock that isnt perfect, with wear, but certainly playable for a few bucks?
Or are people on here really high collectors only looking for high end and minty stuff?

Well I think it all depends on what it is and like you mention, condition. I've bought a bunch of albums over the years that were real dogs that were described as VG/Mint. It seems like it was always from individuals too and not dealers/stores. If you're honest about the condition I'm sure they would sell. I personally might be interested in some 70's rock. Also, there's a guy who posts in this thread from Rockford who owns a record store, he would probably be your best bet.

#483 7 years ago

Thanks for the input...I have a wide range of music and condition...its going to take some time before I get stuff together, but I'll certainly throw it on here...I just wasnt sure if the would enjoy/be ok with for sale items here or not.

I have a shit ton of 45s too. Many duplicates....

Like think of a number of 45s a person shoylf have....then multiply it and again...

#484 7 years ago

There are people still into 45s too right?????

#485 7 years ago
Quoted from pacmanretro:

There are people still into 45s too right?????

Yes, I have a few. I love good 45s. Wish I had a nice juke to go along with them.

DSCF5919 (resized).JPGDSCF5919 (resized).JPG

#486 7 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

Yes, I have a few. I love good 45s. Wish I had a nice juke to go along with them.

I enjoy a lot of eras music, but its funny how many 45s I have that I can't recognize from the artist/title...I would say maybe half of those I know once I hear them. It always strikes me as funny when I guess a song by its title and it is not the song in my head at all.

80s 90s no prob...70s rock and some 70s pop sure...60s pop hit or miss...

But a lot of my 60s and early 70s that aren't big names...admittedly are lost on me.

Its so funny because I have a much younger friend who is really into 50s 60s music (not physc, more like drive in/car show style) that I have to bug whenever im going through older 45s

#487 7 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

The record store I frequent has a MOUNTAIN of 45's. At $.50 a piece, it's tempting!

I'm thinking of getting a jukebox. What a blast it would be to grab a bunch of them and fill the jukebox.
Good or bad.....they would certainly be fun to listen to.

#488 7 years ago

Feelin' Stoopid.

IMG_6947 (resized).JPGIMG_6947 (resized).JPG

#489 7 years ago

We started to get back into vinyl when a local auction house offered two or three "boxes of records, rock and such" which we bought sight unseen for $125. Well one of the boxes was f***ing heavy. We got it home and discovered that it contained twin SL-1200MK2 turntables. Long story short we bought $125 worth of vinyl and got a bonus $800-900 worth of turntables.

We've since invested in a record cleaner and have ditched paper sleeves (as you should) for ultra smooth anti static inner sleeves. All pieces now have outer sleeves as well.

PS: When I say "ditched paper sleeves" I mean generic sleeves with no print. Original sleeves with pictures, lyrics etc remain inside but are unused.

IMG_0905 (resized).JPGIMG_0905 (resized).JPG

IMG_0906 (resized).JPGIMG_0906 (resized).JPG

#490 7 years ago
Quoted from Underspin:

We've since invested in a record cleaner and have ditched paper sleeves (as you should) for ultra smooth anti static inner sleeves.

Good advice, and good timing. Just finished cursing up a storm trying to pull then re-insert my Slightly Stooped album from it's plain paper-white, and all-too-form-fitting sleeve.

#491 7 years ago
Quoted from pinster68:

Good advice, and good timing. Just finished cursing up a storm trying to pull then re-insert my Slightly Stooped album from it's plain paper-white, and all-too-form-fitting sleeve.

Well that and the fact that paper sleeves, unless coated or lined on the inside are highly abrasive and dull the vinyl a little more with each pull and return.

#492 7 years ago
Quoted from Underspin:

Well that and the fact that paper sleeves, unless coated or lined on the inside are highly abrasive and dull the vinyl a little more with each pull and return.

Yep, I've been thinking the same. I have a case of plastic (or whatever poly material it is) sleeves in my closet that I need to swap in.

#493 7 years ago
Quoted from pinster68:

Feelin' Stoopid.

Shouldn't this also be in the cannabis thread ?

#494 7 years ago

I've been thinking of selling off my 80s metal records. Never play them, probably never will again. Still listen to metal, but mostly present day stuff.

Some rare stuff there, AC/DC original Alberts Aussie pressings up to Fly on the Wall, Iron maiden picture discs, original Judas Priest Gull pressings. Most of the other stuff is NZ pressings.

Could go the EBAY route but can't really be bothered.

Anyone here into that stuff? Could bring to Texas when I go there next Friday.

rd

#495 7 years ago
Quoted from pacmanretro:

Thanks for the input...I have a wide range of music and condition...its going to take some time before I get stuff together, but I'll certainly throw it on here...I just wasnt sure if the would enjoy/be ok with for sale items here or not.
I have a shit ton of 45s too. Many duplicates....
Like think of a number of 45s a person shoylf have....then multiply it and again...

I would be interested. I'm actually more in to 45's than LPs at this point... I give my local fiends my duplicate 45s that are worth listening to.

#496 7 years ago
Quoted from NY2Colorado:

Shouldn't this also be in the cannabis thread ?

Stumbled on this band when I enrolled in Quello a while back (live music video performances in case anyone isn't familiar with Quello). Yeah, they're quite a weed-heavy band. Not my thing, but the music is phenomenal. I'm embarrassed to admit I didn't know what "Return of the Red Eye" meant until weeks later. I guess my youth is a lot further back than I thought....

Here's the wife and I at The Stone Pony VIP meet & greet, and then our front-center view for the show.

IMG_5563 (resized).jpgIMG_5563 (resized).jpg

IMG_5472 (resized).jpgIMG_5472 (resized).jpg

#497 7 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

... Judas Priest Gull pressings.

You can PM me what you have and maybe want for the Judas Priest stuff. You can mail them right to me. (:

#498 7 years ago

Seems with album collecting was collecting the concert posters. I have a few boxes of them and some nice original classics framed. I'm sure there are other concert poster collectors in the group.

DSCF5925 (resized).JPGDSCF5925 (resized).JPG
DSCF5923 (resized).JPGDSCF5923 (resized).JPG

#499 7 years ago

Here, three re-issues and a brand new release..

FullSizeRender (42) (resized).jpgFullSizeRender (42) (resized).jpg

#500 7 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

Seems with album collecting was collecting the concert posters. I have a few boxes of them and some nice original classics framed. I'm sure there are other concert poster collectors in the group.

Oh yeah, I've got a bunch. Here are some of the framed ones:

IMG_1641 (resized).JPGIMG_1641 (resized).JPG
IMG_1642 (resized).JPGIMG_1642 (resized).JPG
IMG_1643 (resized).JPGIMG_1643 (resized).JPG

There are 13,063 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 262.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anyone-collect-vinyl/page/10 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.