IMG_20240423_183930.jpg
IMG_20240423_183443.jpg
IMG_20240423_171908.jpg
IMG_20240423_172259 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240423_171028__01 (resized).jpg
20240423_073739 (resized).jpg
IMG_4682 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4683 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider methos.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#73 7 years ago

I collect and listen to vinyl. Grew up with it, but we dove headfirst into digital in 87 due to our equiptment wasn't high end and it was time for a chance. Dove back in a few years ago and have 1000+ albums and 45's.

Have a mix of everything from Bing Crosby to Iron Maiden. It's a bit shocking to see how much new vinyl costs, but it's great that the format is alive and kicking.

#79 7 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

I'm a Marantz/McIntosh/Dali guy.

I have 3 units...a Marantz 2230, 2235, and the big bad boy known as the Pioneer 1250.

I was thinking of dipping my toe into McIntosh land, question is is there really a noticeable difference? Have you ever tried their vintage tube units?

#88 7 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Problem now is the dealers get to the yard sale well before Ive even woken up.

Most older stock isn't too bad. Yes, if you want that first UK pressing of Physical Graffiti, you're going to pay for it. But at both of my local vinyl stores, you can find alot in the 3-7 range. What will get your are those copies that came out post 87 when CDs were stated to get phased in.

Overall, I almost can't stand listening to digital music anymore. Analog is so much more natural to my ears.

#104 7 years ago
Quoted from MarAlb:

Another vinyl collector here Just bought Lamb - What sound (2x180gr), Iron Maiden - Powerslave and 7th son from a 7th son (both Original) and waiting for Logic System - Logic, the 2 x 12" 45RPM version......can't wait...... Playing them with a modified Pro-Ject RPM4 with Ortofon X5-MC cartridge.

Lamb lies down?

#123 7 years ago
Quoted from Shiny_balls:

Bought some brand new Beatles albums this year from amazon.com....Yippee!
3 of them are mono.....

Here's my 1970's vintage gear... the pre has 2 outputs for power amplifiers....can drive 4 large speakers at same time......love those meters!

I have a tuner with an oscilloscope

I bought the Beatles mono set when it came out. Now I don't have to continue to source anymore original UK copies, although I still am after better Capitol versions.

That is a beautiful Marantz set up! I'm drooling!

#129 7 years ago
Quoted from Perspex:

Furutech makes a record flattener for about $2500...I can't imagine why it costs so damn much. Best situation is to know someone who already has one and get in line...I think it takes about 4 hours per.

I think a replacement disk would be cheaper.

#135 7 years ago
Quoted from electricsquirrel:

I bought this one just for the jacket.
It has to be the creepiest album cover I've ever seen!

Wow...is damn right twisted.

#149 7 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

That sucks. I have heard the album and agree it's great. I might wait to get it until they do another pressing. The one downside to the resurgence of vinyl is that there are a lot of bad pressings out there. I have copies that I've returned twice only to have the third one be garbage too. frustrating.

You would think the difference between the same pressings shouldn't be that different.

Speaking of pressings, anyone ever notice that the 60's/70's Capitol albums sound like shit? Nice to to look at though. I've yet to find a great sounding Beach Boys album from that era.

#162 7 years ago
Quoted from Menace:

Funny, I just created a Pinside account yesterday and my first post here has nothing to do with pinball... go figure.
I've been fascinated with music from a VERY young age, from creating to re-creating it and spent the majority of my life immersing myself in anything and everything to do with it. From playing lots of different instruments and being in bands, to being a professional Dj for over 15 years, to owning a sound/lighting company on the side, it's just something I'm very passionate about.
I will go on record now and admit that I am a bit of a vinyl junkie. (kinda goes hand in hand with being a Dj) I'm not sure exactly how many records I've got in my library but I figure it's somewhere between 7,500 and 10,000pcs and it continues to grow weekly. I just started compiling my collection using the Discgos app about a month ago and I'm currently up to 2,906 pieces. (I can't post a URL to my Discog's collection ue to Pinside newbie rules) Takes a while but I'm getting there, and it's surprising to see some of the values associated with certain pieces.
I've got a couple of different rigs setup at my place depending on what I'm doing... There is my standard Dj rig (pair of 1200M3D/Shure M44-7) which I obviously only use for practice/work. Then I've got one of my SL1200LTD's with a somewhat rare original Stanton 890AL (from their factory in NY state in the early 90's when they still made decent quality products) setup in the family room for when we are just casually listening / etnertaining. Then I've got my other SL1200LTD setup in my listening room loaded with an Ortofon 2M Black on my tube rig for when we are serious about actually sitting and auditioning a record. (which we do A LOT)
I'm constantly tweaking my tube rig... I've re-capped my entire pre-amp and slightly modded my tube amp caps and internal signal wires so far and added the 2M black a couple months ago (which I would HIGHLY recommend to anyone looking for a killer MM cart). As happy as I am with my setup, I still can't seem to stop looking at the Oracle Delphi or the VPI Reference turntables... Or upgrading my pre-amp... or... or... or...
It's a sickness, just like collecting pins!
D

What do you think of the Ortofon 2M Black cart? What type of music is it best for?

#179 7 years ago

This album was released on CD but made for vinyl. Finally picked up an original pressing.

Stonetemplepilotstinymusic (resized).jpegStonetemplepilotstinymusic (resized).jpeg

#190 7 years ago
Quoted from Menace:

It honestly blew my mind, that's the best way I can describe it. Best money I spent on my rig all year, and I'm now of the opinion the cartridge is probably the most important piece of equipment in any rig as long as the rest of your kit is of good quality. (only makes sense given the cart is where it all starts right?) As for type of music, I literally listen to everything and my collection follows suit and this thing has made everything I've thrown at it sound better.
I never had the pleasure of auditioning one before, but after getting into a discussion with some people I know during a visit to Nashville this summer (and trust their opinion when it comes to audio/music) the topic of the 2M Black came up. I had no intentions of ever buying one until then, and on a whim picked one up. Until it arrived I kept second guessing the decision given the cost. I was having a difficult time understanding just how much better my records could sound, and if the cost of admission was really going to be worth it? That doubt dissolved VERY quickly once I aligned it on a new headshell using the Baerwald arc protractor and auditioned some of my favorite pieces. Everything I've thrown at this thing sounds so open and detailed. Now I will say that due to the cut of the stylus if your records are not really clean, this cart will pickup more surface noise than a standard elip because it sits that much further down into the groove, so if you do decide to pick one up don't be alarmed if that's what you end up hearing. (just means you have to keep your records really clean, or replace ones that are too far gone/worn)
If you don't want to splurge on a 2M Black the Bronze is also a decent choice, and the nice thing about that is if you ever want to upgrade to a Black you can just purchase the stylus as they use the same cartridge body. The 2M Blue and Red are the entry level versions, which are also decent based on reviews I've read but they cannot be upgraded to Bronze or Black as the cart internals are different.
D

I have been seriously thinking of upgrading to a better cart, and the bronze might be something I can dip my toe in to see the difference. Honestly speaking, I'm not sure my ear is going to be able to hear the difference, but won't know until I've experienced it.

I have a lot of 45s as well - what is the best all around cart for 45 playing? I play everything from Bing Crosby to Faith No More, so there are a lot of different pressings and types of vinyl.

#210 7 years ago

That's Gene Simmons's axe bass...interesting.

#224 7 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

I love that Newbury Comics sells new vinyl buy good lord is it expensive! Just dropped like $50 on two records. Keep me away from there!

There are a lot of records that sit at the 29.99 mark.

Peter Gabriel's US is coming out on vinyl, but at that price, my CD will have to do.

2 months later
#247 7 years ago

Got this spinnin....

41GNRZc+eDL._SY300_ (resized).jpg41GNRZc+eDL._SY300_ (resized).jpg

1 month later
#305 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

I've been into movie vinyl lately. Parents got me an RCA SFT-100 CED Videodisc player with about 15 discs. Then I picked up 18 discs locally the next week and over the weekend I picked an 1982 RCA 50" front projection TV. I've been watching Neighbors, Saturday Night Fever, and Goldfinger.
I doubt movie studios will return to making movies on vinyl though.

Good ol' RCA Selectivision. We had a player and about 80 titles, which was cutting edge for quality of transfer and widescreen presentation. It was the genesis of Laserdisc. The disks had this really cool smell to them. We had a dealer 3 blocks away and I would use my paper money to save up and buy movies. We had almost the entire James Bond collection, lot's of Westerns, etc. That is how I first really saw the Man with No Name Trilogy. Beautiful transfers.

#306 7 years ago
Quoted from NY2Colorado:

Here's a question...what are you willing to pay for an album....like a new release that was unavailable before?
Some of the new ones seem like a quick money grab...others have been worth it

It depends. If it was recorded digitally, no need to even get it. An example is Duran Duran's wedding album. Never was released on vinyl, and it was recorded DAT. Therefore, no purpose to getting in on vinyl.

#313 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

I'm not really sure about that. CEDs were concieved in '64 but weren't released till '81. Laserdiscs were available in '78. Betamax '75. VHS '76.
It was cost effective which was different from the other formats. Players ran around $500, discs around $30. I think it's failure was similar to laserdisc with no way for consumers to record there own content unlike VHS. The difference was RCA cut support for CEDs in '84 while Laserdisc continued into the early '00s until felled by it's smaller brethren, the DVD.

I had always thought that the CED was prior to the modern LD, but your comments state I am incorrect. I never got into LD due to the cost and once VHS came out, though it was substandard, you could not record on LD.

#323 7 years ago
Quoted from pinster68:

This is quickly becoming one of my favorite threads...
So here's something I think is a bit special. My father-in-law (of awesome musical taste) gave me all his vinyl last year. I've played a lot of it, but never got around to this one ... until now. I'm playing it as I type ... absolutely incredible sound. I'm familiar with the concert, but can anyone tell me about this press? My cursory knowledge tells me it was a quality bootleg.
Anyhoo ... I'm at side 1, track 2 of 2 ... 5 more sides to enjoy ... sweet!
p.s., take a close look at the track list!

That is a sweet box set. I've been getting into older vinyl releases, things I never have listened to before like The Four Tops, Patsy Cline, soundtracks to films, lots of unique and different things. Old Christmas albums are the best.

#331 7 years ago
Quoted from pinster68:

1 ... 2 ... 3 ... 4 ... 5 ... 6 ...
Guess the track I'm on....

Beautiful Kenwood you have. I have one just like it. It isn't any Pioneer 1250, but she still gets the job done.

1 week later
#347 7 years ago
Quoted from greatwichjohn:

Listening to Heart, new album opened. I buy bulk lots cheap, & give away to other locals music I don't like. Fun hobby & way cheaper than pinball machine collecting. Everyone likes to hear vinyl music when playing pinball, here & at others homes.

Bad Animals is a fantastic album, even better than their self titled one from a few years prior. It's way better than it should be. Side one is perfect from start to finish. Side 2 isn't as good, but still great. Not sure why they didn't blend the stronger tracks in a bit.

"Waiting for an Answer" is so damn good and Anne sings like the whole world owes her money. I love Bad Animals and I"m not really a HEART fan.

And listen to the lyrics of "Alone", there is some clever shit going on with the lyrics. Great songwriting, and Holly Knight is on there too.

#358 7 years ago
Quoted from AudioHaven:

Another vinyl addict here! Here's me enjoying spinning some at my old place...

I got the pinball bug a few years ago, but have never had the space for one - we moved a couple years ago and I'm finally finishing the basement so I have space for both vinyl and pinball. I haven't bought my first pin yet, but I'm hoping to someday run into someone interested in trading audio gear for pinball machines

Nice set up. What is your TT?

#364 7 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

My cartridge is dying, so I bought one of these on Amazon. Anybody have any experience with this cart?

I have one. It's ok, but for the $ I would go with the 2M Blue Ortofon, or the M44-7 Shure. I also picked up a AT140ML and it sounds fabulous, much better than the Nagaoka.

#372 7 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

I swear I've had that Shure in my basket at least three times but ended up with something else, usually the m97xe. I like the Ortofon red and blue but wanted to try something different. We'll see.

The Shure is great for 45's or older records, plus it is pretty non damaging. If you had the red or blue, pass on the Nagaoka. It's nothing special.

#390 7 years ago
Quoted from ssbodyman:

No Zappa here but got this cranked up

Get that Meatloaf off and put the Out of the Cellar on. Drop it on Back for More and turn it up to 11.

#429 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

May I ask why you would want Beatles in Mono? Their albums are some of the best stereo albums.

It's the way that their albums were mixed and originally released, plus it's also what they prefered.

1 week later
#514 7 years ago
Quoted from pacmanretro:

There are people still into 45s too right?????

I collect 45's, although I think I have most what I want! Are you looking to move them on?

#536 7 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

New cartridge day!! The suspension was giving on my old one and I didn't realize this one was coming all the way from Japan, so it's been a long wait. I like it.

Is that a TT15S1 turntable?

#543 7 years ago

I have been looking very hard at that model. I have classic TTs now, but would like to get a newer one.

Would you purchase it again?

#544 7 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

I used to play direct-to-disc or 1/2 speed mastered LPs to show off the sound of my old stereo system, then switch to a picture disc when guys looked at the equipment. I usually used either Boston or Sgt. Peppers, because they're classic albums that look great as picture discs. (Linda Ronstadt picture disc still unopened.)

I have a few as well, but keep in mind that they represent a decrease in sound quality.

#560 7 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

I would buy another in a heartbeat. I think it's the best bang for the buck turntable out there (although admittedly I haven't been looking for one in a while). I've owned it for about 8 years and haven't had any issues and love the way it tracks and sounds. It comes with a fantastic cartridge as I'm sure you're aware.

I am debating between that model and a low end VPI second hand off ebay. About the same cost....

#578 7 years ago
Quoted from ssbodyman:

http://thevinylfactory.com/news/record-store-day-2017-exclusives-list-rumour/
Interesting list but of course the one I'm most excited about(candlebox ) is a cd release.

I don't know why they push all of these 7" releases, nobody buys that shit.

This is the only thing that jumps out....

Dennis Wilson – Bambu (The Caribou Sessions) [2LP] (150 Gram Translucent Green with Black Smoke Effect Vinyl, gatefold, limited to 3000, indie-retail exclusive) LP

#581 7 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

Yeah I never really got the whole $15 for a 7" thing.

Which model? A used VPI scout was what I originally wanted before I bought the Marantz but even used they were insane. The VPI Classic is also an excellent turntable and if I were to change it up, that's what I would buy.

Yes, I'm going to see if I can wait for a used Scout to come within my reach. That's about as high end as I can possibly get. It's a beautiful machine, but the Marantz with that cart is real tempting as well.

#586 7 years ago
Quoted from Paddypaws:

Nice to see all the fabulous vintage hifi here. I've always had a turntable set up and play my 45's with a Wurlitzer 2410. l'm another Technics fan my sl-1210 with Harmon/Kardon receiver and Bose 901 plus two sub woofers. Playing Pretzel logic by Steely Dan.

It's cool that you got Bill Clinton to stop over.

#612 7 years ago

You guys listing to some weird shit.

#649 7 years ago

Check this out.

Freakin amazing.

#667 7 years ago

Going to go old school guitar metal tonight....

Starting off with a warm up that I'm pulling from the vault....

20170324_213902 (resized).jpg20170324_213902 (resized).jpg

#668 7 years ago

And then to this. A really under-rated album...

20170324_214007 (resized).jpg20170324_214007 (resized).jpg

#673 7 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

I always hated it when the record store put stuff in the sale bin and clipped a notch out of the cover or cut the corner off.

I picked up a sealed cut out of Point of Entry by Judas Priest. Sucks that they took the notch out, but in the end as long as the record isn't damaged.

1 week later
#693 7 years ago

Fantasy is a great song.

#697 7 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

And now playing this:

Love the Hollies. A band I never did get to see.

Still looking for Another Night on LP, only have the single.

#717 7 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

Now playing... one of my favorite albums:

I'm in love with my car is beyond awesome.

1 week later
#782 7 years ago
Quoted from Jtm3:

Had to "modify" the wife's bedroom furniture a bit to fit the Marantz receivers (2330b, 2285b, 2238b & 2218) I wired a 4-way speaker selector switch in reverse to the HD880's so I can switch between receivers.

Looks great, but I have to ask....what is the purpose?

#804 7 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Not sure if I can join or not. Will let ya'll decide.
I have very few albums - most of them from my short stint at a radio station. Most of the 12"ers I have are singles or remixes.
Then I have about 400 45's, of various ages. Mostly purchased to put in here:

You're in. 45s are special and have not retained the peak of vinyl as albums because they don't make any changes any more.

Jukes are great, I have one myself. I'm guessing you'rs is a mid 80's version as you have the same backwards ton arm as my 1978 does.

#815 7 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

I have odd musical tastes - there are *very* few artists that I like *all* their songs. Which is why I rarely got LPs - there may be two or three songs I like, and the rest, 'eh'. So in the rare cases where I liked most/all of the songs, I got the LPs. (Several Pink Floyd, Fleetwood Mac Rumors, Deep Forest (new age), to name a few.)
The juke is a '72 Rowe-AMI MM-6. As far as I know, Rowe/AMI's are the only ones that had the 'backwards' tonearm like that. I love my juke.. I can take it apart and reassemble it blindfolded now.

Yours is just cleaner than mine is which is why I thought it was newer.

The first time I figured out the tone arm was backward - I was like WTF is this!?!?!

1 week later
#850 6 years ago
Quoted from MXV:

My current record room. I'm going to run out of space soon.

Impressive.

I am thinking of getting a set of these to store my LPs. Always liked the shelf look. Thoughts?

https://www.lpbin.com/lpbinmodernblack?gclid=CLqMh-yh1NMCFQKOaQodxa8HFg

Also would like something similar for my 45s, but haven't found anything yet.

#853 6 years ago
Quoted from Jam_Burglar:

That's sweet! It doesn't give you the volume that the Expedit (or whatever they are calling them now) does, but for heavy rotation something like that is way more convenient than the square shelves. I wouldn't mind getting one of those for my heavy rotation and new arrivals.

I don't like the bookshelf look. Record stores have them in front facing, that's the way I like them as well.

#856 6 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

I have an Lp Bin and love it. My wife bought me one for Christmas about 8 years ago. I don't like browsing my albums by tilting my head and reading the spines, I want to flip them forward like I'm at a record store.

That looks like the same one I'm thinking of getting. Little concerned of the lower shelf, but it should be ok. Do you know around how many you have stored in that one right now?

#865 6 years ago
Quoted from Jam_Burglar:

I don't particularly like them that way either, but like MXV, there's no practical way to store the amount of vinyl I have in the front-facing shelves. I DJ so I keep a crate near my turntables that I use to access things I'm currently working with. The front-facing shelf would be perfect for that. I also like to keep new records in a separate spot until I familiarize myself with them and the front-facing shelf would be good for that too.

I think I may need only 2 of them, so won't be too bad. Would love to find something similar for my 45s, the way the old record stores used to have. Can't find anything like that anywhere.

1 week later
#886 6 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

Wonderful festival seating. The only reason I had the ticket left. They opened the doors and got out of way. Scariest moments I ever had in a concert. Stood in front of the right speaker array.. Loudest concert I ever attended, hands down. I'm convinced it's why I have hearing problems and tinnitus! It was apparently John Bonham's birthday. I had no idea at the time. Maybe why they played a great concert!
http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/led-zeppelin/1977/greensboro-coliseum-greensboro-nc-63d196f7.html

3 out of my top 4 are on that setlist. Just wow.

Trampled Under Foot
Nobody's Fault but Mine
Achiles Last Stand

All that is missing is In the Evening, which came after the next year.

#893 6 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

I really need to get some Buddy Holly in my collection.

Try and find an original or early pressing mono in VG condition. They sound fabulous.

#894 6 years ago
Quoted from janus:

Hi everyone,
I'm new to collecting vinyl and loving it. Quick question. I bought a Jim Groce greatest hits album for two dollars. It's unopened. I can't believe it's worth anything, so do i get to unwrap a record that's been sealed for 43 years?

There are lots of sealed original vinyl. Recently I picked up a Judas Priest Point of Entry and a Shirley Bassey album both brand new. It feels good to open them!

1 week later
#909 6 years ago
Quoted from ssbodyman:

Also got these in the mail today.

That was the 2nd Britney Fox album right? I had the CD of their first release.

#910 6 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

With the recent vinyl surge, it's incredible to get 8 albums for $10 these days. Great score!

The cost of new vinyl is a joke. 29.99? No way.

1 week later
#927 6 years ago

I'm looking for a bulk buy of 45s, preferably a juke box collection to fill up a couple of juke boxes. Anyone have a lead of anyone selling a collection, or anyone deal with one of the bulk sellers on ebay who have a nice mix they send instead of junk?

Thanks.

#939 6 years ago
Quoted from pacmanretro:

Sorry, I still haven't got thru too many of my collection...since you said you are trying to fill multiple machines, I assume it is to sell or put on route? Only ask because snyper suggested asking an operator, but that sounds like you already...
Idk if/when I could help, but just curious as to what type/era of music you are looking for?

Looking for a mix of 50's - 90's to fill in my collection and to help a friend get started who is picking up his first jukebox soon. The operations around me have sold off their collections.

1 week later
#1016 6 years ago

If only the content was as hi-quality as the art of these CEDs.

1 week later
#1057 6 years ago

Moved into my new house, and it's all hardwood floors and walls. No carpet. The echo is the worst I have ever heard, flat, and no warmth.

Anyone experience something similar?

#1071 6 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Sit in your listening position.
Put a mirror on the floor between the speakers and your chair.
When you can see the tweeter in the mirror, that's where you need a nice Turkish Wool Rug to absorb the 1st reflection.

I am going to try that first. The house is designed a bit different, so not able to create a traditional position. The rooms are a mix of partial walls and such. No carpet and the main furniture is in a different room.

#1075 6 years ago

I'm finding myself getting tired of the same old rock/pop.

I actually went for something I bought for $2.

#1084 6 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

Phil Collins played drums in the instrumental fusion group Brand-X. I have several of their LPs. Incredibly great musicians but iffy songwriters. The melody line of one of their songs (on a different LP) sounds like dropping an electric guitar down a flight of stairs.

Jazz isn't my cup of tea, but I can listen to it from time to time. Phil's drumming is amazing on the album I have.

#1111 6 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

Is it a move for quality vinyl or a snag for the trend and income for Sony? I guess either way more available LPs is a good thing.

Not sure what this exactly means. Their artists are on vinyl already and all vinyl production is by independent businesses.....so I'm thinking just sloppy reporting? What exactly is the story?

#1116 6 years ago
Quoted from electricsquirrel:

And my favorite Rush album!

That is the bands and most fans least favorite, but I'm also one for favoring band's lesser works like Alice Cooper's DADA or KISS's The Elder.

1 week later
#1183 6 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

well had a great nite spinning vinyl& sipping pints, gin&tonics, and scotch! annnd this is what the day after looks like . dammit

Been there too many times. Playing LPs during these times is very difficult. Try 45s - much easier.

#1202 6 years ago
Quoted from Jam_Burglar:

Copped this at Disney World at the Haunted Mansion gift shop. It's got the actual audio track from the ride and the music on the flip.
RIP the Virgin Records store that they used to have at Downtown Disney. I scored some gems there in the thick of the downturn in the vinyl industry.

That is awesome! What is all on it?

#1203 6 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

I loved that ride! Now that my daughter is grown, I doubt I'll ever see it again. ):
I picked this similar one up a long time ago...can't remember where. It was great sounds for scaring the kids on halloween!

That cover is downright a work of art.

#1205 6 years ago
Quoted from Jam_Burglar:

Side A is the direct audio feed from the ride. So, if you've ever been on the ride before, this is a record of what's being pumped through the speakers in the seats you ride in.
Side B has the instrumental audio tracks used in the ride. Ghostly Music Box; Otherworldly Concerto; A Swinging Wake; The Graveyard Band.
I did some searching and Disney seems to have released this on CD starting around 1999 or so in various limited forms. This may the first time it's been on vinyl. I couldn't find out much about the picture disc on the internet (one picture and that's it). Apparently they do a lot of these limited, park exclusive releases.
There is also as storybook promo LP Disney put out in the 60s and re-released over the years but that's a different thing.

I have to get back to Disneyworld, one of my favorite places on earth. Yes it's manufactured fantasy, but after seeing the world for 46 years, I'll take some good ol' fashioned made up fantasy. It works.

I am going to pick up one of these. I see there is a Pirates one too...do you have that one?

BTW - Is that a Tech SL1200 that you have? Sorry to sterotype.

#1220 6 years ago
Quoted from pudealee:

I've had this jukebox for nearly 30 years (half of its life) - it's a 1956 Wurlitzer 1900. Plays 104 tunes. The way this mechanism works, one can place two "A Sides" facing out in each slot. So, there are no blah B-Sides. Here are some snaps pacmanretro .

Beyond words.

But don't let those B sides pass you buy. There are more gems on B sides then one thinks.

#1229 6 years ago
Quoted from SteveO:

I went with the AT. So far I am happy with the performance. Thanks for the post! It's nice to play my vinyl again. I started with The Beatles "Rock and Roll Music" compilation.

That was one of my first Beatle albums, I spent many nights trying to line my fingers and thumbs out perfectly.

It's a weird album as all of the 50's icons were before their time, but then again it is what influenced them.

2 weeks later
#1256 6 years ago
Quoted from emkay:

I can't be the only one still obsessed with these guys.

I have both of their CDs and listen from them time to time. I don't think the first album has held up so much, but Spilt Milk is a different animal. SP&P is a great song. They had their chance but threw it away.

#1262 6 years ago

I would love that Heavy Metal album. Great soundtrack.

#1273 6 years ago
Quoted from ssbodyman:

Let's start Friday nite off right

I picked up that Winger ST album a few months ago. Great songwriting and production....every song is well written.

#1283 6 years ago

Great album - my favorite era of Priest.

#1284 6 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

A bunch of 45s for anyone who might be interested. 320+. A huge variety, AC/DC to ZZ Top. 70s, 80s, & 90s. Even some R&B and disco!
Thought I might one day pickup a juke but doesn't look that way.
Asking $150. Free pickup in Johnson City, TN. Media Mail shipping at cost.
(or come sort through them at the Good Samaritan if nobody wants them.)

PM sent.

3 weeks later
#1353 6 years ago

I've been really focusing on 45's this year. With two jukeboxes and a Tech 1650 - the ability to move from artist to artist is more appealing to me at this point. I'm also getting tired of the same rock and roll/pop that I've known for 40 years, so wandering into different territories. Hopefully the Pinside Vinyl Club will sanction my contributions.

Some from my latest pull. These are all european imports.

IMG_0078 (resized).JPGIMG_0078 (resized).JPG

IMG_0079 (resized).JPGIMG_0079 (resized).JPG

IMG_0080 (resized).JPGIMG_0080 (resized).JPG

IMG_0081 (resized).JPGIMG_0081 (resized).JPG

IMG_0082 (resized).JPGIMG_0082 (resized).JPG

#1360 6 years ago
Quoted from waldo34:

Picked up a juke this past weekend. It's been allot of fun playing the 45s.

Nice one! There is just something magical about spinning 45s. Add the different sound from groove cutting, the mono difference, the wide range of variety, and the B-side factor and you have yourself a universe to discover. I still listen to albums, but it takes time and you have to listen to "filler" too often.

1 week later
#1404 6 years ago
Quoted from Jam_Burglar:

They play out a lot apparently. My mother-in-law is a big fan and she goes to see them multiple times a year.

They tour a lot. I've seen them 4 times in the last 3 years and could have seen them on more dates.

The show is basically the same, set list hardly changes. I did catch Haywood on a small solo tour that was even better. He did "Forever Autumn", it was magical.

#1424 6 years ago
Quoted from Pickle:

That's the problem with some reissues......old analog masters are not always used......sometimes they are......sometimes it's all remastered digital so it's a crapshoot on the reissue vinyl. Many sound great so I have no complaints so far....but I do try to pick up nice original copies when I find them. Its amazing when you find an original with zero wear and you wonder if it was ever played.

This.

You have to research the versions you want to acquire. Some reissues sound great and better than the originals (Genesis - Gabriel era for one). Most are not very good or they will use digitized remixes, which then isn't even analog. Some do take advantage of the original analog masters, like The Beatles mono set which is as pure as it gets. It all depends.

#1438 6 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

I used to go through stereo gear like some guys go through pinball machines on this forum, until I got my McIntosh gear. I haven't even sniffed another component since.

Do you guys use the vintage McIntosh gear or the newer stuff?

1 month later
#1497 6 years ago

Ebay is probably the best. I warn against buying any "bulk lot", you will get shite. Best course is to find a ebay dealer who has a large inventory and pick and choose.

Since they are for a jukebox - like mine, you don't need NM copies.

1 month later
#1601 6 years ago
Quoted from Madmax541:

What's the best way to clean 45's?
New to collecting recommendations appreciated.
Kits available? What works?
Also looking at recommendations on places to purchase 45's
Cheers

I have a VPI machine. It's time consuming, but cleans those dirty 45s really well.

1 week later
#1619 6 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

That's the middle aged man's music **dead zone** .
Music not hip enough to be reissued on vinyl, yet not old enough to have been originally on vinyl.

Try getting 45s after that...-almost impossible.

2 weeks later
#1672 6 years ago
Quoted from ssbodyman:

Going to be an interesting night

I see the American (and superior) version of HELP right out in front! Nice haul.

#1705 6 years ago
Quoted from yfz450:

Friday nights spin after a long day of work. Love this album.
Finally got my Technics SL-1600 put back together after a complete tare down and re-grease. Next up is my SL-1300.

Nice one! I have a SL-1650, the best changer I've run across. Love that model.

#1735 6 years ago
Quoted from Jam_Burglar:

The thing is, there are only so many records you can listen to. I've got more records than time at this point. Buying in bulk just leaves you with extra junk to deal with so you might want to think about being patient and selective.

I agree, I have plenty to listen to. I'm sick and tired of music I know (rock/pop) and trying different types of music from long gone eras. I would get a 78 player if the quality of the records wasn't so much crap.

#1754 6 years ago
Quoted from waldo34:

New jukebox pickup. Is this like half grandpa?

I think that was from a horror movie if my memory serves me right.

I liked Britney Fox's first album.

#1782 6 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

Makes me want more grandpaw tunes...

And you got the much improved American version.

#1816 6 years ago
Quoted from lasermel:

It's so cool to see Vinyl coming back! I've also been enjoying the search and acquisition for both old and new records again. Saved about 300 albums from the 70's & 80's, and having a good time with the newly remastered (lots of marketing hype) "180 Gram" audiophile colored and black wax releases. It's AMAZING what you can spend on a turntable these days - - the manufacturers must be watching the pinball market $5k, $10k, $20k, and upwards of $100k!!! Beautiful machines out there to spin ~ $5 to $50 discs!
For me, as cool as the new tables are to look at, I love the "vintage" feel of the equipment from "my" era and have restored a humble Pioneer system that was nice in the 70's (except for the speakers which are new). It all sounds great and I like the exercise of getting up to flip the records and turn up/down the volume
Keeping it pinball, I hooked up a Bluetooth transmitter to the Tape Output of the receiver so I can listen to records in the game room! Gotta love modern technology (sometimes).
Keep 'em spinning and flipping out there guys!

You are not kidding. I don't know who the hell buys a 14k turntable or a 3k stylus. Do you really get that much more pleasure out of spending that much?

The new gear is pretty impressive. You can spend 1k on a total system and get a sound quality that would have costed 10k back in the old days, especially turntables. I just wish some would make a modern day changer.

BTW - is that a 1250? I have one of those bad boys, weighs a metric ton.

#1848 6 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Dirty Diana is a great song!

So is Smooth Criminal and Another Part of Me, which was written not too long after Thriller. To me, this was the last of MJ.

#1863 6 years ago
Quoted from Skrippy:

What's everyone's take on picture discs or colored vinyl over all? Just curious I've heard anything but black has overall worse quality. (Sorry if this has already been discussed!)

Colored vinyl is fine, but picture discs supposedly are inferior. I have a Sgt. Pepper German print and it does not sound good at all.

#1897 6 years ago
Quoted from Azmodeus:

this Saturday I will be hearing my friends killer stereo at pinball league.
The lamb lies down on Broadway is my choice in advance. I will take a picture of the stereo...

Great choice. Remember to turn up "In The Cage".

1 week later
#1948 6 years ago
Quoted from Pickle:

I never get tired of it and don’t think I ever will. I love music and know a jukebox does not suit all my needs but there is something I enjoy about it....pushing the buttons, watching the record being picked up and playing. Never gets old. The jukes made in the late 60’s-80’s have no nostalgia....you can’t see the record play.

Pick up one of the last phono models, the 92 or 93 conversion. The amps are robust as hell and when you hook up external speakers, the quality is a hell of a lot better than you would expect.

The older ones are more beautiful and aesthetically pleasing, but if you want music, find an early 90's version. I picked up my first one 3 years ago and now have 3 of them. When I work on pinball, you just start entering random selections and you have a mix of 200 songs playing. I do echo that watching the record get selected, placed, and the needle going down on these is a thing of beauty. I stopped picking up albums and just focus on 45s now.

#1989 6 years ago
Quoted from Impzilla:

I still listen to 8 tracks at the house but mostly in my 68 Camaro.
The 8 Track gets more attention than the car sometimes.

Ace on 8 Track - that freakin' rocks!

"Speeding back to my baby, and I don't mean maybe!"

1 week later
#2086 6 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

For the most part I’m pretty lukewarm on colored vinyl but this one just came today and it’s pretty badass.

Is that the TT15 with the Virtuoso cart?

4 weeks later
#2228 6 years ago
Quoted from ZNET:

My daughter, Kiki, is an old soul. Like me, she loves the British Invasion bands of the sixties. We are thrilled to have attended The Zombies concert last Saturday in Collingswood, NJ. Keyboardist, Rod Argent, reunited with vocalist, Colin Blunstone, 18 years ago and they've been touring ever since. I first attended a Zombies concert at the Borgata in Atlantic City, about 15 years ago, which included rock legend bassist, Jim Rodford, along with Rod and Colin. Tragically, on January 20, 2018, 2 months ago, Jim Rodford (who also performed with The Kinks) died at age 76, after falling down stairs.
The close-up photo, on stage, depicts The Zombies and Don DiLego's duo. The Zombies performed a variety of glorious songs, including fan favorites: "Time of the Season," "Tell Her No," "She's Not There," as well as Argent's "Hold Your Head Up" and, in honor of Rodford, "God Gave Rock 'n' Roll to You."
As an introduction to performing the single: "I Love You," Colin told the backstory of the band's misfire by failing to promote that great song. The song was written by Chris White, original bassist of The Zombies in 1965. The Zombies released it that August as a B-side to "Whenever You're Ready." Unfortunately, it didn't chart; but, it was a good discovery for Larry Norman, vocalist of the one-hit wonder California band, People! The California band parlayed the hit into an extensive tour appearing three times on Dick Clark's American Bandstand, and also on Johnny Carson's The Tonight Show. Billboard ranked People!'s version as #53 in their top 100 songs for 1968, while it was ranked #75 in the Cashbox annual charts. The success of People!'s version of "I Love You" frustrated The Zombies. According to Blunstone: "That was a bit of a heartbreaker. It wasn't a favorite song of mine to be absolutely honest; but, it was a little disappointing that we were struggling so hard." Blunstone joked that The Zombies original version of the song was recently featured in a milk commercial and that the cream eventually rises to the top.
At age 16, Kiki brought down the audience member average age, which was about 63. My daughter was the youngest in attendance. After seeing Argent's masterful keyboard magic, Kiki is ready to resume her piano lessons so I agreed. I couldn't "Tell Her No."
We much enjoyed the daddy and daughter evening out. I suspect that Kiki will long remember this concert. Rod and Colin are each about 72 years-old. While you would never glean that advanced age from the wonderful performance, I suspect that The Zombies tour will come to an end in the near future.
Check out the sweatshirt I picked up at the concert. Kiki snagged the groovy Odessey and Oracle tote bag. Whenever she carries it, I will be asking her: "What's your name? Who's your baggy?" If you're searching for Kiki in the final photo, please don't bother trying to find her. . she's not there. Begin audible groans accompanied by eye rolls. The Zombies sound fantastic as a backdrop to the chimes of the Gottlieb wedgeheads in my game room, which is where I'm headed now. Peace.

I've seen the latest incarnation of the band three times now. Can't say enough how great they sound. Last year they toured with the original band and did all of Odyssey and Oracle. To see Chris White perform with them was one of the best live moments I have ever witnessed.

And the song " I Love You" is beyond f$%^ good. Such a great song and recording.

4 years later
#9564 1 year ago
Quoted from gonzo73:

Whitesnake, Slide It In. Original English Mix, not the American Version with John Sykes.
Japan pressing.
[quoted image]

Why would you get the version without Sykes on it? Sacrilege.

Coverdale sure liked to f$%^ around with his studio recordings.

#9565 1 year ago
Quoted from Deez:

Pretty pumped just picked up this receiver to replace my crappy old Sony.
[quoted image]

That's my main model right now. I was going to upgrade to a more powerfull unit - but really no need for my current set up.

#9569 1 year ago
Quoted from Deez:

What speakers do you have paired with it? I've got Bose 301v. They sound ok but I want to get something better.

Currently these. It's good enough for me.

https://reverb.com/item/17152434-pioneer-hpm-1500-4-way-floor-standing-speaker-pair-refoamed

#9575 1 year ago
Quoted from gonzo73:

Oh... pure collectors logic... Idiocy!!
I've got both Mixes on Japan Pressing, an American press.... or two... and the new 2LP anniversary edition... and the CD.
It's one of my favorite all time Hard Rock albums, and my top Whitesnake album.

I go for the 87 album, which to me is a perfect album on every level. Having said that, Slide it In is 2nd.

If only Coverdale and Skyes could have hammered out a few more numbers.

#9581 1 year ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

It really was a great time.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

I love the older Bee Gees material - but you can't go wrong with their Disco work. They almost made Disco music an art form.

Disappointed in what has come out the last few years on their relationship

#9591 1 year ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Just like tools and BBQ grills.
All those names you grew up with (Treager, Milwaukee) are all made in the same factory in China
They just stick a name plate on them, and you buy based on some brand loyalty/reputation from decades ago...

Just like beer and electronics. Schlitz and RCA no longer exist.

#9608 1 year ago
Quoted from Gort:

Just got my SX 1250 back from being rebuilt!
Going through my parents records now.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

The Beast!

#9609 1 year ago
Quoted from JoeinNJ:

First listen of 23. Happy New Year
[quoted image]

LOL! I listened to this very album today during my morning workout (well - tape actually).

#9619 1 year ago
Quoted from lasermel:

Got the AT-LP2022 and with the exception of it being full manual (used to auto return) I really like it. Sounds great, I love the look, and static due to it being acrylic really isn't a big deal maybe because I keep my humidity in the house at a reasonable level. Happy 3000 units made- -- GONE!
[quoted image]

Beautiful - but no way I could deal with a full manual anymore. I use a Technics 1650 stacker. Yes - ain't the best sound in the world, but so nice to just load and let em' go.

#9660 1 year ago
Quoted from gonzo73:

Hot take....
All things Must Pass, blows away most of the Beatles albums.

Not for me. A few good tracks, but it's overrated.

#9665 1 year ago

Getting ready for our WDW trip.

unnamed (resized).jpegunnamed (resized).jpeg
#9670 1 year ago
Quoted from 30FathomDave:

I have this one, too, and was pleasantly surprised by how good it sounds. I'm a total HM fanboy. I even have a tattoo of the wallpaper art on my shoulder blade.

Their picture discs are pretty good. We have the Pirates once as well.

#9699 1 year ago
Quoted from Jason43:[quoted image]

First time RAIN was put into Stereo.

Man -did the CCR covers suck.

#9776 1 year ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

Manual is the best. Tactile heaven.
Kinda like how much fun is manual shift vs automatic.

Disagree on that. My changers are the cats meow. Throw me on and forget em.

Plus you can’t play 45s on a manual.

#9787 1 year ago
Quoted from Scoot:

Don't look...
[quoted image]

That’s a beautiful sight. I can get 6 of them on.

#9788 1 year ago
Quoted from Gov:

I have a Sl-1600 but I wouldn't turn down a SL-1650 for the changer fun times
Also, Vitology is such a great album. I need to get that one.

It’s actually not to bad sounding. Not near the level of a good manual player, I have one also that I bring out for the nicer condition albums. But with a blue orfton on, she sounds good.

#9860 1 year ago
Quoted from gonzo73:

The 3 LP deluxe KISS Creatures of the Night was also in the box of nonsense.
Triple gatefold.
Great booklet included.
The Vinyl ended up being dark blue semi transparent.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Nice. I have not bought any KISS vinyl in 10 years (have given them enough $ throughout the years), but I may have to pick this one up with those demos - can't believe they put KILLER tracks on this album.

#9907 1 year ago
Quoted from vid1900:

amazon.com link »
Patsy Cline Greatest hits - 50% off $13.99[quoted image]

Great album. My dad burned out my ears with her when I was young. He'd drink some beers and listen to this and it drove us crazy.

Now - I get it. Only song that isn't on it is Lonely Street; it as a staple for alot of artists (i.e. Andy Williams), but her version which was one of the last recording sessions she did - is great.

#9951 1 year ago

Best of both worlds.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#9968 1 year ago
Quoted from lasermel:

A new find totally by accident. Sounded A LOT like Genesis (Phil Collins), but turned out to be Marillion from 1987. Really like this album!
[quoted image]

Great band. Their later work with Steve Hogarth is better than the early stuff. The one you have is the last one with Fish, Clutching at Straws.

I've traveled the world to see them 10-20 years ago as they didn't come over to the US to often.

#9987 1 year ago
Quoted from Deez:

Phil Collins looks like Putin on the no jacket required sleeve.
[quoted image]

Just listened to this one. Freakin great sound, and his drums sounds are incredible.

#10038 1 year ago
Quoted from gonzo73:

More Alice..
Lace and Whiskey..
Great late 70s Cooper Ezrin album.
Newer Rhino press.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Odd album. Title song is great....

#10056 1 year ago
Quoted from Gov:

Underrated Genesis album.
[quoted image]

The bridge between "old" and "new".....Wind and Wuthering and Duke.

#10118 1 year ago
Quoted from gonzo73:

Less Rhiana.... More Accept, Metal Heart !![quoted image]

Great album. Russian Roulette is there other great one.

#10143 1 year ago

Do you guys actually listen to these albums or are you just posting pictures of your collection? I only ask because I never have time nor the "alone" space to listen to albums much anymore.

#10155 1 year ago
Quoted from gonzo73:

Ok here's my process...
I've got alot of records here...so as of a year ago, once a week I go through them and put records back/ organize.... then I pull a stack of 20 or so records I want to listen to over the next few days.
Then take Pictures of all 20.. as I get around to listening to an album I will post the picture of the album.
At the end of the week I usually erase 12-13 pictures that I don't post, ... I listen to alot of stuff ive posted before.... so I don't bother.
You freaks don't need to see me post about Sammy Hagar Three Lock Box twice a month..
I post a picture for.... say...every 1 in 3 records I play.

That makes a bit of sense. I just see everyone though up a few albums every day or two and I admit - I'm jealous.

Having said that, I am more of a 45 guy - so go through those quite a bit a few nights a week. Not as much as I used to though....

#10156 1 year ago
Quoted from Jason43:

Laugh all you want, this is an amazing film score.
[quoted image]

I love soundtracks now.

Anything by John Barry or Ennio Morricone is a win/win.

#10163 1 year ago
Quoted from gonzo73:

Star Trek The Motion Picture is simply a big budget Twilight Zone episode.
It's a brilliant Mystery story.
Lots of people say they like Khan better, but it's an Action Movie.... not a grand Mystery.
Apples and Oranges.
I love em both.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

It was an opportunity wasted - mostly by Roddenberry. Should have been sooooo much better.

I was 10 when I saw it and I knew it was a dud way back then. Kinda of like Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom.

#10173 1 year ago
Quoted from Scoot:

What are you talking about, Temple of Doom was awesome!

Meh.....if you like it, that's cool.

#10225 1 year ago
Quoted from TonyP66:

Stopped by the store today….
[quoted image]

One of the best. Bridge to the masterful SO to be released in only 2 years.

I don't think the production is that hot though - he took a step down from PG3.

#10273 1 year ago
Quoted from gonzo73:

The Cars, Heartbeat City
Japan press..
To me .... a perfect album... I enjoy this more and more...
[quoted image]

Great album. All of their albums were perfect, except the last two - which are still pretty damn good.

Title track from Heartbeat City is one of their top 5 best.

#10294 1 year ago
Quoted from meSz:

Vid interested in your take on these "Off the Soundboard" releases.
After the debacle ALIVE and ALIVE II records not actually being live one has to wonder how much of these are actually live. They certainly aren't as clean as the ALIVE and ALIVE II so think they may be legit.
Feel this is another cash grab by KISS as they can't record new music anymore as no one, other than the die hard fan, buys it.

Everything by KISS is a cash grab.

Having said that - the 3 LP set of Creatures is pretty good.

If they would release anything good, like a 1980 Aussie show or a Hot in the Shade era one, I would pick it up.

#10313 1 year ago
Quoted from Jman44:

[quoted image]

Love the capitol heavy vinyl.

#10371 1 year ago
Quoted from gonzo73:

TALK TALK, Its My Life
New press of the 1984 classic.
The song Such a Shame.... is just Amazing.
Always heartbreaking.
This was a pure MTV band for me, loved all the songs from 81-87 I heard, ...... but I had utterly forgotten about them until coming across the Video for Lifes What You Make It, a year or so ago.
Then I dug into the catalog and realised I knew at least 8 of thier songs.... man I watched way to much MTV from 82-92...
[quoted image]

One of my favorite albums of all time. Unfortunately, their best. Later material fizzled out as did they.

Check out No Doubt's cover of the title track - well done.

#10395 1 year ago
Quoted from Gov:

Nice! I will have to check that out. I have this coming on Friday. [quoted image]

Is that an official release? I don't see anything on the Century Media Store.

#10398 1 year ago
Quoted from Gov:

Yeah. Comes out Friday. BBC live recordings. Rhino records is putting it out. ‘72-‘87. Most of it is Lyceum and Wembly, but there are some other good ones from the early days. There is a 5 disc CD version that has a lot more on it.
I just listened to that Steve Hackett Genesis Revisited on YT. Outstanding concert. Going to have to get the vinyl for it as well.

so I found this....

2. What is known about the production of the box sets?

Nick Davis and Tony Banks were apparently in charge of this release. The press release states that it was "curated by Tony Banks" and the promo clip from the official Genesis website says that the music was remixed and remastered from the original master tapes by Nick Davis. It remains unclear whether he had access to all the available multitrack tapes or just some of them (there are actually no multitracks available from the sessions). More info will follow once we heard the content.

Why the LP set was shortened is unclear. Presumably they didn't want to make the set too expensive and decided to create a best-of of the 5CD set.

Sounds like it is an official release although not sure if it will part of the official cannon. I have most of this already in decent sounding boots, so I'll wait and see what the reviews make of it. Pity not all of the 75 material was made available.

#10438 1 year ago
Quoted from Gov:

This one showed up today. Soundsreally good other than some pops and clicks. Hopefully a good cleaning will sort that. Mastering sounds good so far at least on disc 1.
[quoted image]

Is there any noticeable upgrade over the boots for the 80 and 87 shows?

I was going to purchase, but there are some unforgivable omissions from the Webley concert (Abacab and TTT), so not going to bother.

2 weeks later
#10609 1 year ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

I did an Ancestry DNA sample a few years ago. 40% Irish.

I as well. Thought we were more Scottish, but that isn't the case. Of course, all depends on when they are basing the bar on.

10 months later
#12219 3 months ago

Long shot but does anybody have a AS-12 45 stacker spindle for a Dual turntable? Trying to hunt one down. Thanks.

#12273 3 months ago
Quoted from Gov:

Was the original a Shure cartridge? I have been enjoying the couple of Shure's I have my collection.

The Shure m44 is the best for playing my 45s.....I see they go for 300+ plus on ebay since they stopped production.

#12337 89 days ago

Sometimes if pays to browse through the bargain bin at Barnes and Nobles.

IMG_7332 (resized).jpgIMG_7332 (resized).jpg
#12338 89 days ago
Quoted from JustJared:

Recommendations for a "good cleaning solution"? The guy at the record store said distilled water and 99% isopropyl.

I use this and the solution they sell with it.

https://www.musicdirect.com/equipment/record-care/record-cleaning-machine/vpi-16-5-record-cleaning-machine/

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider methos.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anyone-collect-vinyl?tu=methos and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.