2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 3,825 posts
  • 220 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 hours ago by Fulltilt
  • Topic is favorited by 60 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,405 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

847A8486-1CBF-4449-A110-1730C2B59454 (resized).jpeg
KIMG3858 (resized).jpg
Effect_20190421_112420 (resized).jpg
Effect_20190421_112342 (resized).jpg
15558607057531834481145125202594 (resized).jpg
15558584373792592089785329719049 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
9B03D01D-0FA9-4C81-BB9F-CA166FD1D524 (resized).jpeg
FullSizeRender-2 (resized).jpeg
FullSizeRender-1 (resized).jpeg
FullSizeRender (resized).jpeg
C153ED80-2B3C-4249-90EB-D619490C069B (resized).jpeg
DB97B7DC-F631-4F09-B307-4589F3C51FE8 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
B3BDFF32-DB39-469B-9D65-EB58B838C130 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

There are 3825 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 77.
#351 2 years ago

Anyone else have this version of Tommy?

1486871705344-999712494 (resized).jpg

#352 2 years ago
Quoted from ssbodyman:

Anyone else have this version of Tommy?

Very cool album! I have not seen the pinball inside before!

My Meaty Beaty has at least Pinball Wizard....

IMG_0009.JPG (resized).jpeg
IMG_0010 (resized).JPG

#353 2 years ago

Another vinyl addict here! Here's me enjoying spinning some at my old place...

Old System (resized).jpg
Old System2 (resized).jpg

I got the pinball bug a few years ago, but have never had the space for one - we moved a couple years ago and I'm finally finishing the basement so I have space for both vinyl and pinball. I haven't bought my first pin yet, but I'm hoping to someday run into someone interested in trading audio gear for pinball machines

#354 2 years ago
Quoted from pinster68:

...and the full listening space:

This was my old listening space.... (:

IMG_0008 (resized).JPG

#355 2 years ago

Now playing!

IMG_6920 (resized).JPG

#356 2 years ago

^^^^^The one and only time I saw Rush, was the Permanent Waves tour!^^^^^

#357 2 years ago
Quoted from AudioHaven:

That's a nice rig.
I'm sure it sounds as good as it looks!

#358 2 years ago
Quoted from AudioHaven:

I got the pinball bug a few years ago, but have never had the space for one - we moved a couple years ago and I'm finally finishing the basement so I have space for both vinyl and pinball. I haven't bought my first pin yet, but I'm hoping to someday run into someone interested in trading audio gear for pinball machines

Nice set up. What is your TT?

#359 2 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

Nice set up. What is your TT?

Thanks - at the time it was a Pro-Ject Xtension 10 and a Music Hall MMF-11. The Xtension is a favorite of mine! I currently have a Clearaudio Ambient, but I may have to sell it for Pinball Or trade it for a pin - ha!

#360 2 years ago
Quoted from AudioHaven:

Always nice seeing another McIntosh in the thread. Nice gear!

#361 2 years ago

My cartridge is dying, so I bought one of these on Amazon. Anybody have any experience with this cart?

image (resized).jpg

#362 2 years ago

Playing some more old country music before it goes into the free giveaway for locals.

#363 2 years ago

More Mac

IMG_0350 (resized).JPG

#364 2 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

My cartridge is dying, so I bought one of these on Amazon. Anybody have any experience with this cart?

I have one. It's ok, but for the $ I would go with the 2M Blue Ortofon, or the M44-7 Shure. I also picked up a AT140ML and it sounds fabulous, much better than the Nagaoka.

#365 2 years ago

Nice rack. Might I suggest getting those blue meters out of the corner and into the center of attention. They're divas and want to be noticed.

#366 2 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

I have one. It's ok, but for the $ I would go with the 2M Blue Ortofon, or the M44-7 Shure. I also picked up a AT140ML and it sounds fabulous, much better than the Nagaoka.

I swear I've had that Shure in my basket at least three times but ended up with something else, usually the m97xe. I like the Ortofon red and blue but wanted to try something different. We'll see.

#367 2 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

I swear I've had that Shure in my basket at least three times but ended up with something else, usually the m97xe. I like the Ortofon red and blue but wanted to try something different. We'll see.

Last cart I bought was the Grado Gold. So far I've been very happy with it for the price.

IMG_0021.JPG (resized).jpeg

#368 2 years ago

They were selling vinyl at the Yes concert last night. $25 each was steep and I have all their early stuff anyway on vinyl.

#369 2 years ago
Quoted from SteveO:

They were selling vinyl at the Yes concert last night. $25 each was steep and I have all their early stuff anyway on vinyl.

Who is playing bass for them now?

#370 2 years ago
Quoted from electricsquirrel:

Who is playing bass for them now?

Billy Sherwood. He played guitar along with Steve Howe with the band in the late 90's. He did a good job playing bass but Chris Squire was one of a kind. Alan White only played drums on 5 songs or so. I think his back is still bothering him. I don't know who the other guy was that played drums.

#371 2 years ago
Quoted from SteveO:

$25 each was steep ........

I agree. Seems that all the new vinyl is pretty expensive. I haven't bought a new one in quite a while.

Used ones though, at $3.00 - $5.00.......That's a bargain!

#372 2 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

The Shure is great for 45's or older records, plus it is pretty non damaging. If you had the red or blue, pass on the Nagaoka. It's nothing special.

#373 2 years ago

Anyone into psychedelic rock should check this band out.

https://energygown.bandcamp.com/album/evening-molasses

#374 2 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

The Shure is great for 45's or older records, plus it is pretty non damaging. If you had the red or blue, pass on the Nagaoka. It's nothing special.

I have LOTs of experience with Shure M44-7s because I've been using them for scratching for almost 20 years. They have great tracking and a nice loud output, plus they last forever, but I'm not sure I'd ever recommend them for strictly listening purposes.

I have a mid-level Grado stylus (either green or blue I think) that I use for listening and sampling and its noticeably better than the Shure for sound quality. Now, if you want to cut it up fresh, get the Shures, no doubt.

#375 2 years ago

My stylus is missing from my late 70's era SL-xxxx Technics turntable. Should I just replace the Cart+Stylus all at once? I've never had to shop for one before and have no idea what I'm doing.

It's my backup at the moment but I would like for it to be my primary turntable.

#376 2 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

My stylus is missing from my late 70's era SL-xxxx Technics turntable. Should I just replace the Cart+Stylus all at once? I've never had to shop for one before and have no idea what I'm doing.
It's my backup at the moment but I would like for it to be my primary turntable.

I would just replace the whole cartridge. Lots of nice plug and play carts out there.

#377 2 years ago

I agree. Seems that all the new vinyl is pretty expensive. I haven't bought a new one in quite a while.
Used ones though, at $3.00 - $5.00.......That's a bargain!

I agree. I went into a record store the other day. Looked for two specific records (Meatloaf and The Knife) they didn't have and left without buying anything. I want to support them but with many local antique stores and flea markets selling records for .25 to 2.00, it's hard for me to pay 30 bucks for an album. Plus Amazon gives a digital copy of the record you buy which is pretty cool to use with their app on the go.

I went into a flea market the other day and bought 21 records, a VHS, and a cassette for less than 8 bucks.

#378 2 years ago

I'm fairly certain I'm going to hell for this.

IMG_6926 (resized).JPG

#379 2 years ago

Snagged that Tommy Symphony LP for $9.50 on ebay, good looking out!

#380 2 years ago
Quoted from pinster68:

I'm fairly certain I'm going to hell for this.

No way.
That one gets regular play in our house.
A good assortment of eighties pop !

#381 2 years ago

No way.

I agree, nothing wrong witha little cheese in the diet. Plus the title track is great.

#382 2 years ago

Just saw this thread for the first time! New collector over here, about a year. Currently have an upstairs and downstairs setup. Downstairs have a MCS 6720 TT with the stock Shure cartridge. Need to upgrade the cartridge as this ones output voltage is lower than I would like. Upstairs have a Technics SL-Q2, a nice semi-auto direct drive unit. The Audio Technica cartridge sounds much better than the Shure one. Both are recent thrift store/Craigslist finds. Have about 200 albums, most are in less than perfect condition. I dont really mind though, definitely not a audiophile here! Overall, not bad for a college setup.

0217171348 (resized).jpg

0217171348a (resized).jpg

0217171354 (resized).jpg

0217171354a (resized).jpg

#383 2 years ago

No way.

I kid ... only the cover is cheeky. The music is an awesome flashback.

#384 2 years ago

I need an escape from the Jpop thread. I think Zappa is just the one to take me away to that happy place.

Zappa1 (resized).jpeg
Zappa3 (resized).jpeg
Zappa4 (resized).jpeg

#385 2 years ago
Quoted from Ronnie1114:

Just saw this thread for the first time! New collector over here, about a year....

And Wham 8-Tracks to boot!

#386 2 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

And Wham 8-Tracks to boot!

Deep inside, I think everyone loves Wham!

#387 2 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

I need an escape from the Jpop thread. I think Zappa is just the one to take me away to that happy place.

I'm in.

image (resized).jpg

#388 2 years ago

No Zappa here but got this cranked up

20170217_221548 (resized).jpg

#389 2 years ago
Quoted from Ronnie1114:

Deep inside, I think everyone loves Wham!

No

#390 2 years ago
Quoted from ssbodyman:

Get that Meatloaf off and put the Out of the Cellar on. Drop it on Back for More and turn it up to 11.

#391 2 years ago

Ended the night with this one

20170217_235134 (resized).jpg

#392 2 years ago
Quoted from ssbodyman:

Love me some Meatloaf!

#393 2 years ago
Quoted from ssbodyman:

Ended the night with this one

Love some Barry! Oh baby...

#394 2 years ago

I have had worse birthdays

0219172207 (resized).jpg

#395 2 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

Joes Garage is the best.

#396 2 years ago

Joes garage is my favorite Zappa song. Forever I think.

#397 2 years ago

................Why does it hurt when I pee?

FZ is awesome!
I got to see him on his last tour.
E

#398 2 years ago
Quoted from Azmodeus:

Joes garage is my favorite Zappa song. Forever I think.

I couldn't possibly pick a favorite!!!

#399 2 years ago

While I am throwing my 2 cents in I would highly suggest seeing Primus somewhere small in the near future to all of you. Great stuff live, and they are very concerned with the sound quality.

I saw them twice in the past few years and both times were amazing. Astounding.

#400 2 years ago

Bob Malrey...Legend vinyl on sale for $12.58 on amazon.com

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 12.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 24.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 119.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 45.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 208.87
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 40.00
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 10.50
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple
$ 107.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
Apparel - Unisex
Pinball Wheezer
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 999.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
There are 3825 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 77.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside