IMG_20240423_183930.jpg
IMG_20240423_183443.jpg
IMG_20240423_171908.jpg
IMG_20240423_172259 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240423_171028__01 (resized).jpg
20240423_073739 (resized).jpg
IMG_4682 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4683 (resized).jpeg
There are 13,126 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 263.
#551 7 years ago
Quoted from maglar:

... now I need to find a proper center channel speaker stand.

I use this one I picked up from Amazon. Nice weight to it and angle is perfect for my center speaker.

http://tinyurl.com/h6gcmhl

DSCF5939 (resized).JPGDSCF5939 (resized).JPG

#552 7 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

Tonight's menu:

I'm a #1 Steely Dan fan! GREAT stuff.

#553 7 years ago

Thursday night means the weekend is just about here... Sneakin' Sally to it!
And some tunes for the great Lou Reed. He was "so Vicious".

FullSizeRender.jpg-3 (resized).jpegFullSizeRender.jpg-3 (resized).jpeg
FullSizeRender.jpg-4 (resized).jpegFullSizeRender.jpg-4 (resized).jpeg

#554 7 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

Having been a Ween fan for a long time I can honestly say this is the first time I've ever heard anyone say this (the live thing). While they're definitely a different band from 25 yrs ago with the DAT machine, they're still the greatest live band on the planet. They're playing here on St. Paddy's day, and while I hate this phrase...it's gonna be epic.

Nice. I wish when they come to the Twin Cities they'd choose a different venue besides Roy Wilkins. So annoying...I skipped their show this year, but saw Dean Ween's band at First Ave for half the price.

#555 7 years ago

scan000l2 (resized).jpgscan000l2 (resized).jpg
scan0003 (resized).jpgscan0003 (resized).jpg

#556 7 years ago

Yesterday's finds:

IMG_1907 (resized).JPGIMG_1907 (resized).JPG

IMG_1908 (resized).JPGIMG_1908 (resized).JPG

IMG_1909 (resized).JPGIMG_1909 (resized).JPG

IMG_1910 (resized).JPGIMG_1910 (resized).JPG

#557 7 years ago
Quoted from jazzmaster:

Yesterday's finds:

Wasn't really familiar with these, but just checked them out and I certainly like em!

And nice artwork to boot!....wait, what's artwork doing with music? My mp3 didnt show it. Lol.

#558 7 years ago

There was a lot of really good stuff coming out of Australia in the eighties!

#559 7 years ago

Friday night moving into the weekend. Let Wolfman Jack lead it off and follow with some Jackson Brown.

FullSizeRender.jpg (resized).jpegFullSizeRender.jpg (resized).jpeg
FullSizeRender.jpg-1 (resized).jpegFullSizeRender.jpg-1 (resized).jpeg
DSCF5393 (resized).JPGDSCF5393 (resized).JPG

#560 7 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

I would buy another in a heartbeat. I think it's the best bang for the buck turntable out there (although admittedly I haven't been looking for one in a while). I've owned it for about 8 years and haven't had any issues and love the way it tracks and sounds. It comes with a fantastic cartridge as I'm sure you're aware.

I am debating between that model and a low end VPI second hand off ebay. About the same cost....

#561 7 years ago

Anyone ever listen to Dregs? Steve Morse was an incredible guitarist. I used to catch them regularly at a local club in Chapel Hill in the 70's.

IMG_0176 (resized).JPGIMG_0176 (resized).JPG
IMG_0177 (resized).JPGIMG_0177 (resized).JPG

#562 7 years ago

Can't go wrong with American Graffiti. I have a copy of it my Dad got signed by Wolfman Jack.

#563 7 years ago

My daughter is out on a date with her boyfriend and me and the dogs are home alone. So, it's time to crank up the volume and rip some music from the archives. Beer and music is alright with me!

Folder (resized).jpgFolder (resized).jpg

#564 7 years ago
Quoted from Enaud:

... Beer and music is alright with me!

Yes! Beer and Doobies is alright with me!

FullSizeRender.jpg-2 (resized).jpegFullSizeRender.jpg-2 (resized).jpeg

#565 7 years ago

Bet no one else will admit they have one of these.

FullSizeRender.jpg-7 (resized).jpegFullSizeRender.jpg-7 (resized).jpeg

#566 7 years ago

Time for some PFunk.

20170309_202904 (resized).jpg20170309_202904 (resized).jpg

20170309_202936 (resized).jpg20170309_202936 (resized).jpg

#567 7 years ago
Quoted from waldo34:

Time for some PFunk.

Excellent! LOVE me some Parliament / Funkadelic!

Made me go to the Mothership Connection.

IMG_0195.JPG (resized).jpegIMG_0195.JPG (resized).jpeg

#568 7 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

Bet no one else will admit they have one of these.

Guilty

14892877684521730934843 (resized).jpg14892877684521730934843 (resized).jpg

#569 7 years ago

Starting the night off a little softer than usual

1489288088809-556821931 (resized).jpg1489288088809-556821931 (resized).jpg

#570 7 years ago

http://thevinylfactory.com/news/record-store-day-2017-exclusives-list-rumour/
Interesting list but of course the one I'm most excited about(candlebox ) is a cd release.

#571 7 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

Made me go to the Mothership Connection.

That's awesome.

#572 7 years ago
Cosby leaves me feeling a little dirty these days.

1489295799602-1188896575 (resized).jpg1489295799602-1188896575 (resized).jpg

#573 7 years ago

This is my go to album when people come over and ask "why do you spend so much money and deal with the hassle of records and stereo equipment when you can just stream off your phone into a bluetooth speaker?". I pour them some borbon, sit them in my chair, and put this on. Then I see the lightbulb go on and they say "ohhh wow, it's like Beck is playing right in front of me and I can reach out and touch him, it's like the music is in 3d". It's not something you can listen to every day because it's the heaviest breakup album ever, but it's an absolute piece of art from the performance to the production (probably the best sounding album I own). Bourbon time!

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#574 7 years ago
Quoted from waldo34:

LOL!!! That was the title of Foxx's stage act when I saw him in Vegas! Great flashback, thank you!

#575 7 years ago
Quoted from waldo34:

LOL!!! That was the title of Foxx's stage act when I saw him in Vegas! Great flashback, thank you!

#576 7 years ago

I might have to pick up some Beck on vinyl, I was pretty into his stuff for awhile but haven't listened to it for a few years now. Funny how that goes for me, since getting back into vinyl this last year I've been mainly seeking out the albums I had on tape but never bought on cd. Unfortunately a lot of my favorite music is from the late 80s early 90s and never released on vinyl.

#577 7 years ago
Quoted from ssbodyman:

I might have to pick up some Beck on vinyl, I was pretty into his stuff for awhile but haven't listened to it for a few years now. Funny how that goes for me, since getting back into vinyl this last year I've been mainly seeking out the albums I had on tape but never bought on cd. Unfortunately a lot of my favorite music is from the late 80s early 90s and never released on vinyl.

Same boat here. I can say the following about Beck on vinyl: Sea Change is tremendous on vinyl. Every pressing that I've heard or heard of is fantastic, my only issue with it is whatever you play after it sounds like absolute dogshit lol, unless it's.... Mutations which also sounds outstanding. Odelay is one of my favorite albums ever but the re-issue is just ok. They jammed about 70 mins on a single disc so the sound is going to suffer. Guero is sweet and a little better sound wise. That's all I have, hope it helps.

#578 7 years ago
Quoted from ssbodyman:

http://thevinylfactory.com/news/record-store-day-2017-exclusives-list-rumour/
Interesting list but of course the one I'm most excited about(candlebox ) is a cd release.

I don't know why they push all of these 7" releases, nobody buys that shit.

This is the only thing that jumps out....

Dennis Wilson – Bambu (The Caribou Sessions) [2LP] (150 Gram Translucent Green with Black Smoke Effect Vinyl, gatefold, limited to 3000, indie-retail exclusive) LP

#579 7 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

Same boat here. I can say the following about Beck on vinyl: Sea Change is tremendous on vinyl. Every pressing that I've heard or heard of is fantastic, my only issue with it is whatever you play after it sounds like absolute dogshit lol, unless it's.... Mutations which also sounds outstanding. Odelay is one of my favorite albums ever but the re-issue is just ok. They jammed about 70 mins on a single disc so the sound is going to suffer. Guero is sweet and a little better sound wise. That's all I have, hope it helps.

I see there is a newer pressing of it...did Mellow Gold ever come out on vinyl originally? I don't remember it, but wish I had it.

Dont remember it on vinyl I mean.

#580 7 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

I don't know why they push all of these 7" releases, nobody buys that shit.
This is the only thing that jumps out....
Dennis Wilson – Bambu (The Caribou Sessions) [2LP] (150 Gram Translucent Green with Black Smoke Effect Vinyl, gatefold, limited to 3000, indie-retail exclusive) LP

Yeah I never really got the whole $15 for a 7" thing.

Quoted from Methos:

I am debating between that model and a low end VPI second hand off ebay. About the same cost....

Which model? A used VPI scout was what I originally wanted before I bought the Marantz but even used they were insane. The VPI Classic is also an excellent turntable and if I were to change it up, that's what I would buy.

#581 7 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

Yeah I never really got the whole $15 for a 7" thing.

Which model? A used VPI scout was what I originally wanted before I bought the Marantz but even used they were insane. The VPI Classic is also an excellent turntable and if I were to change it up, that's what I would buy.

Yes, I'm going to see if I can wait for a used Scout to come within my reach. That's about as high end as I can possibly get. It's a beautiful machine, but the Marantz with that cart is real tempting as well.

#582 7 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

Anyone ever listen to Dregs? Steve Morse was an incredible guitarist. I used to catch them regularly at a local club in Chapel Hill in the 70's.

I was lucky enough to see them in 1982 at, of all places, the Philadelphia Zoo.
The Hooters opened up for them.

What a strange mix of people in the audience.

E

#583 7 years ago

Got to thinking about the Australian thing, so this weekend it was:

dp (resized).jpgdp (resized).jpg

cb (resized).pngcb (resized).png

rb (resized).jpgrb (resized).jpg

#584 7 years ago

Nice to see all the fabulous vintage hifi here. I've always had a turntable set up and play my 45's with a Wurlitzer 2410. l'm another Technics fan my sl-1210 with Harmon/Kardon receiver and Bose 901 plus two sub woofers. Playing Pretzel logic by Steely Dan.

vinyl (resized).pngvinyl (resized).png

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#585 7 years ago

Dixie dregs sorry my quote function does not seem to work.

I saw Steve morse about five years ago roughly at the coach house in San Juan cap California.

Probably the best guitarist I have ever seen. A true treat. And I have seen satriani, vi and Johnson.

Do not miss a small show with Steve morse.

Steve even brought up some local singer he had met and gave her a shot in front of the crowd, playing backup to her with his band.

I kept watching the coach house schedule for him again but I never saw him on there again, yet..l

#586 7 years ago
Quoted from Paddypaws:

Nice to see all the fabulous vintage hifi here. I've always had a turntable set up and play my 45's with a Wurlitzer 2410. l'm another Technics fan my sl-1210 with Harmon/Kardon receiver and Bose 901 plus two sub woofers. Playing Pretzel logic by Steely Dan.

It's cool that you got Bill Clinton to stop over.

#587 7 years ago
Quoted from electricsquirrel:

Got to thinking about the Australian thing, so this weekend it was:

Awesome choices! If you like those records, there is no way in hell you won't like these:

R-830506-1163268784.jpeg (resized).jpgR-830506-1163268784.jpeg (resized).jpg

R-9792969-1486404155-1054.jpeg (resized).jpgR-9792969-1486404155-1054.jpeg (resized).jpg

#588 7 years ago

While I'm at it, here is what showed up in the mail today:

IMG_1912 (resized).JPGIMG_1912 (resized).JPG

IMG_1913 (resized).JPGIMG_1913 (resized).JPG

IMG_1914 (resized).JPGIMG_1914 (resized).JPG

IMG_1915 (resized).JPGIMG_1915 (resized).JPG

#589 7 years ago

Nice, I love old Australian punk.

#590 7 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

It's cool that you got Bill Clinton to stop over.

Actually they used to call me Bill at work, you're not the first to mention that!

wurlitzer (resized).pngwurlitzer (resized).png

#591 7 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

Yes, I'm going to see if I can wait for a used Scout to come within my reach. That's about as high end as I can possibly get. It's a beautiful machine, but the Marantz with that cart is real tempting as well.

Good luck in your search. If you have the patience (and the $), as much as I love my Marantz, I would take the Scout all day.

#592 7 years ago
Quoted from jazzmaster:

While I'm at it, here is what showed up in the mail today:

Whoa didn't realize the new Spoon is out already. Their releases are always so consistently good it's getting to be ridiculous.

#593 7 years ago

Late night Doors... in Discrete 4 Channel. In the day I thought my Marantz Quadraphonic was the bomb.

FullSizeRender.jpg-3 (resized).jpegFullSizeRender.jpg-3 (resized).jpeg

#594 7 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

Late night Doors... in Discrete 4 Channel. In the day I thought my Marantz Quadraphonic was the bomb.

Love the Doors.

#595 7 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

Whoa didn't realize the new Spoon is out already. Their releases are always so consistently good it's getting to be ridiculous.

I think the retail release date is Friday....The purple wax was sold through Matador direct. Indie retail is getting red wax I believe. Spoon have released some incredible records. Gimme Fiction is easily one of my favorite records of all time. I am glad to see them back on Matador. I was shocked when they bailed on Merge for a major after their earlier misfortunes with Elektra.

#596 7 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

I remember hearing about quadraphonic sound as a kid. Is it really a thing, like 4 channel sorround?

#597 7 years ago
Quoted from pacmanretro:

I see there is a newer pressing of it...did Mellow Gold ever come out on vinyl originally? I don't remember it, but wish I had it.
Dont remember it on vinyl I mean.

Mellow Gold was indeed pressed in 1994 and then re-pressed in 2000. Used copy will set you back $120-$150 though. No recent re-press.

#598 7 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

I remember hearing about quadraphonic sound as a kid. Is it really a thing, like 4 channel sorround?

Yes, it was very cool to play with at the time. With the Marantz, you could plug in different decoders too.

http://classicreceivers.com/marantz-4400

#599 7 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

Mellow Gold was indeed pressed in 1994 and then re-pressed in 2000. Used copy will set you back $120-$150 though. No recent re-press.

2016, 25th Anniversary 180G Repress on Bong Load. 2,016 copies.

#600 7 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

Yes, it was very cool to play with at the time. With the Marantz, you could plug in different decoders too.
http://classicreceivers.com/marantz-4400

That thing is a beaut. $1250 in 1974 = $6250 today so that must have been top of the line. Although that was back when the stereo was the centerpiece of the family room, not the TV.

There are 13,126 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 263.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anyone-collect-vinyl/page/12 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.