(Topic ID: 92448)

What's FS in Maryland,Va,DC,Pa,De right now ? Md and surrounding area FS Thread.

By stretch2

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20160803_162543_(resized).jpg
20160722_211350_(resized).jpg
mame_(resized).jpg
20160513_190649_(resized).jpg
20160513_190611_(resized).jpg
20160513_190934_(resized).jpg
20160513_190936_(resized).jpg
20160718_201832_(resized).jpg
20160718_201822_(resized).jpg
20160718_201617_(resized).jpg
20160718_201515_(resized).jpg
20160718_201508_(resized).jpg
20160718_201426_(resized).jpg
20160718_201458_(resized).jpg
20160718_201434_(resized).jpg
20160718_201353_(resized).jpg
There are 18,062 posts in this topic. You are on page 356 of 362.
#17750 59 days ago
Quoted from F__U:

So does pinside give you your money back if it dosnt sell? Cause yea it seems alot of things aren't selling .

Not going to find out buy paying $12.50 just to list an ad. no idea if it gets refunded or what happens if I trade and not sell. Greedy pinside.

#17751 59 days ago
Quoted from F__U:

So does pinside give you your money back if it dosnt sell? Cause yea it seems alot of things aren't selling .

Doubtful. I'm being told I have to pay $12.50 just to list the ad. What if I trade it? What if it sells on Facebook marketplace, like EVERYTHING else I sell does?

Edit: and paying for site that screws up and makes me post duplicate?

Big Buck Hunter Pro Open Season for sale!

Other - For Sale
“Very nice condition Big Buck Hunter Pro: Open Season arcade machine. Works perfect, no issues. Plug in and start blastin'! Brand new orange shotgun. Green gun in good condition w...”
2024-02-29
Harpers Ferry, WV
1,100 (OBO)
Archived after: 1 day
Viewed: 93 times

#17752 59 days ago

If the game sells, you will incur a sales fee of $ XX.XX (based on the game's current price tier). Trades are also considered as a sale.
If it doesn't sell, no sales fee is charged.

Quoted from F__U:

#17753 59 days ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

If the game sells, you will incur a sales fee of $ XX.XX (based on the game's current price tier). Trades are also considered as a sale.

When a game doesn't sell, or you sell elsewhere, the Pinside fellas set it so you HAVE to pre-pay just to LIST AN AD. I cannot list a pinball machine over XX amount of $$ without paying an up-front fee. Fuck that.

#17754 59 days ago

If the game sells, you will incur a sales fee of $4 XX.XX (based on the game's current price tier). Trades are also considered as a sale.

But he would've already paid a fee of $12.50 to list it.
So would a refund be issued? If not sold.

#17755 59 days ago
Quoted from PoMC:

When a game doesn't sell, or you sell elsewhere, the Pinside fellas set it so you HAVE to pre-pay just to LIST AN AD. I cannot list a pinball machine over XX amount of $$ without paying an up-front fee. Fuck that.

Just like eBay, you have to pay to list an ad. I listed a machine in October, ad was free, but there are promo's you need to pay for up front.

#17756 59 days ago

Is this new?I never paid to list a game, only paid if it sold.

Quoted from PoMC:

#17757 59 days ago

So now we're comparing pinside to ebay? You're kidding right?

#17758 59 days ago

Is this new?I never paid to list a game, only paid if it sold.

You have to pay upfront if Pinside thinks that you're listing games and not paying the fees after selling. I think it's automatically triggered after a certain number of "sold to non pinsider" or similar choices

#17759 59 days ago
Quoted from mbl1116:

You have to pay upfront if Pinside thinks that you're listing games and not paying the fees after selling. I think it's automatically triggered after a certain number of "sold to non pinsider" or similar choices

Pinside acting like their Marketplace is the only way to sell a game. Facebook has been the place for me where stuff just eventually sells. And eBay I've been using, but not for expensive items. Don't have to pre-pay when I sell on ebay.

#17760 59 days ago
Quoted from PoMC:Deleted post

And the finally fee is absurd. Think I paid $50 to list and sell Scooby. I would also like to point out that I had to pay a listing fee to start out because I had a lot of unsold listings. That is because it sold off Facebook. Also charging a fee for a trade c’mon. This was the demise of Craigslist, I’m cool with $10/$5 fees here, but to ask for a fee to join and then constantly ask me to join pinside plus like the cashiers ask if I want to round up for “xxxx”.

#17761 59 days ago
Quoted from mbl1116:

Yes, this happened to me as well. I list here and on FB. Nearly all sales went through FB. Last few pins I had to pay up front on Pinside.

For more than a decade I've come to this forum for all types of information and techincal help. I have no problem supporting this site with an ad fee. Trade fees may need to be re-evaluated as suggested.

#17763 59 days ago
Quoted from hockeymutt:

And the finally fee is absurd. Think I paid $50 to list and sell Scooby. I would also like to point out that I had to pay a listing fee to start out because I had a lot of unsold listings. That is because it sold off Facebook. Also charging a fee for a trade c’mon. This was the demise of Craigslist, I’m cool with $10/$5 fees here, but to ask for a fee to join and then constantly ask me to join pinside plus like the cashiers ask if I want to round up for “xxxx”.

The fees are getting ridiculous. They need to work listing/sold fees into their monthly membership options.

#17764 59 days ago
Quoted from mbl1116:

The fees are getting ridiculous. They need to work listing/sold fees into their monthly membership options.

That's a solid point.

#17765 59 days ago
Quoted from hockeymutt:

Unfortunately, too many people game the system with "unsold" ads, so it switches to pre-paid mode automatically when you have too many that go "unsold".

Also, I noticed you have a gray heart next to your name...if you're not already aware, if you donate at least once a year to made it red again, you get discounts on selling fees.

#17766 59 days ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Unfortunately, too many people game the system with "unsold" ads, so it switches to pre-paid mode automatically when you have too many that go "unsold".
Also, I noticed you have a gray heart next to your name...if you're not already aware, if you donate at least once a year to made it red again, you get discounts on selling fees.

So if we request to remove the fee, like I did, then it should be removed.

#17768 59 days ago

What I don't like is in a forum thread like this one I should be able to ask people if someone is interested in X game and not be forced to place and ad.

Several months ago my post in this thread was removed when I asked if anyone might be interested in POTC. I was moderated and told I HAD to place an ad. What irritates me about that is 2 fold - one its ridiculous I can't see if there is any interest a game and 2 why do my posts get deleted and I am told I have to place an ad yet MANY other users are able to post whatever they want ie considering selling my X game any interest and there post stays.

And BTW with respect to my FORCED ad posting I did trade the game and I DID donate to pinside for it. It cost me $50 and I wasn't happy about it but I was not trying to cheat the system. It was ridiculous I was forced to post an ad just to have a discussion about it.

In addition this forum should NEVER EVER allow ads to be placed without pictures. FB doesn't let you do it so why should this forum. If you want to sell take the time to put up a description properly and pictures. There are well known forum members that get to post expensive games with no info or pictures and I find that extremely unacceptable.

I am sure I will be voted down and cast out for my comments but it is what it is. I appreciate this forum and the vast amount of info and help I get from here but if you are going to have rules lets keep it fair across the board.

#17769 59 days ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

What I don't like is in a forum thread like this one I should be able to ask people if someone is interested in X game and not be forced to place and ad.
Several months ago my post in this thread was removed when I asked if anyone might be interested in POTC. I was moderated and told I HAD to place an ad. What irritates me about that is 2 fold - one its ridiculous I can't see if there is any interest a game and 2 why do my posts get deleted and I am told I have to place an ad yet MANY other users are able to post whatever they want ie considering selling my X game any interest and there post stays.
And BTW with respect to my FORCED ad posting I did trade the game and I DID donate to pinside for it. It cost me $50 and I wasn't happy about it but I was not trying to cheat the system. It was ridiculous I was forced to post an ad just to have a discussion about it.
In addition this forum should NEVER EVER allow ads to be placed without pictures. FB doesn't let you do it so why should this forum. If you want to sell take the time to put up a description properly and pictures. There are well known forum members that get to post expensive games with no info or pictures and I find that extremely unacceptable.
I am sure I will be voted down and cast out for my comments but it is what it is. I appreciate this forum and the vast amount of info and help I get from here but if you are going to have rules lets keep it fair across the board.

That happened to me once. And the prepay did once as well.

Most of my games sell much quicker on Facebook AND I shout out to the local group before actually posting. And in forums. But 99% of the time it's actually NOT sold on here bc most are hagglers and tire kickers. Always think they can get a better deal. I find other listings places much better.

The upfront is in really poor taste. Especially if you pay a member fee.

#17770 59 days ago
Quoted from mbl1116:

Or just remove the marketplace fee in general, hobby forums or forums in general never charge normal users (businesses yes) marketplace fees. I can understand a fee to join keeps unwanted people out. Does KLOV charge a fee? Does my moped forum charge listing fees? My truck forum?

Maybe that will help get more people to join that lurk.

#17771 59 days ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Hahah just like the round up question you can’t avoid it here! A whopping 20-30% depending on the level (amount) you choose. I did the math and wasn’t worth it.

#17772 59 days ago

It annoys the crap out of me when someone lists a game that they have for sale but do not, or are not allowed to, list an asking price. For instance, I saw a MM SE listed earlier. At a certain price I would be very interested. At full retail price I am not. It's a PIA to have to PM every seller to see if their price is in my range or not. And then either ghost them if their price is too high for me or have to tell them that their price is out of my range implying that either I am too cheap or they are asking more than a fair price.

I have a bunch of games that I could take to Pinfest if anyone is interested. But I need to get certain minimum values for each to make it make sense for me to sell. I suppose I can't list them with my asking prices without making an ad. But I don't plan to sell them all. Maybe just the one or two that generate the most interest. Seems to me we should be able to list games for sale with prices for free, with the idea that if the sale goes through on Pinside we make a set contribution, but if it goes through on FB or somewhere else nothing is required.

#17773 59 days ago

If all people were honest this is how the world would work.

But they are not.

#17774 59 days ago
Quoted from sbmania:

It annoys the crap out of me when someone lists a game that they have for sale but do not, or are not allowed to, list an asking price. For instance, I saw a MM SE listed earlier. At a certain price I would be very interested. At full retail price I am not. It's a PIA to have to PM every seller to see if their price is in my range or not. And then either ghost them if their price is too high for me or have to tell them that their price is out of my range implying that either I am too cheap or they are asking more than a fair price.
I have a bunch of games that I could take to Pinfest if anyone is interested. But I need to get certain minimum values for each to make it make sense for me to sell. I suppose I can't list them with my asking prices without making an ad. But I don't plan to sell them all. Maybe just the one or two that generate the most interest. Seems to me we should be able to list games for sale with prices for free, with the idea that if the sale goes through on Pinside we make a set contribution, but if it goes through on FB or somewhere else nothing is required.

When there is no price, the person is basically running an auction at that point. Game will go to highest offer. The same thing would happen on pinside if they allowed to list a game with no price. Nothing good would come of it.

#17775 59 days ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Same crap here. I sell 95% of my games through Facebook marketplace so I’m not going to pay Pinside sale fee if I found the buyer elsewhere!

#17776 59 days ago
Quoted from PoMC:Deleted post

I've stopped listing my games on pinside because whenever I list a game on Facebook, it sells pretty quickly and I don't have to pay a fee. Plus the last time I tried to list a game, Pinside wanted to take money upfront which is really dumb.

#17777 59 days ago

Maybe it's just me, but I have less stress selling through pinside and do facebook only after pinsiders have passed. I've had good luck selling here. If you do an annual pinside donations sales fees are like half off.

I am also not a Facebook person.

#17778 59 days ago
Quoted from Palmer:

I've stopped listing my games on pinside because whenever I list a game on Facebook, it sells pretty quickly and I don't have to pay a fee. Plus the last time I tried to list a game, Pinside wanted to take money upfront which is really dumb.

It's that easy.

#17779 59 days ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Maybe it's just me, but I have less stress selling through pinside and do facebook o ly after pinsiders have passed. I've had good luck selling here. If you do an annual pinside donations sales fees are like 1 half off.

I've found cash buyers are easier to find on Facebook marketplace, but interesting trade offers are easier to find on here, personally.

#17780 59 days ago
Quoted from Rashcoon22:

I've found cash buyers are easier to find on Facebook marketplace, but interesting trade offers are easier to find on here, personally.

Agreed.

#17781 59 days ago

#17782 59 days ago

Facebook will eventually charge for marketplace ads and sales… just you watch.

Plan: Destroy Craigslist and competition with free ads. When competition is gone, big time for fee time. Has business ever been any different?

#17783 59 days ago

Facebook is terrible unless you know the person and I’d never do long distance on it. Never seen a site that has so many scammers. I’ve listed stuff on it and I immediately get 10 people who want my phone number or ask if it’s still available. Very inefficient way to sell.

I’ve found it much easier to sell here on Pinside. The fee doesn’t bother me, it helps keep Pinside going. For those concerned about the fee, just list on fbook first. If it doesn’t sell there, then list it here.

#17784 59 days ago

I’m on Pinside every day. The site is the best I’ve seen in any of the hobbies I participate. While I don’t know how it all happens, I can’t imagine that there is no effort or cost.

IMO, the annual member fees and selling fees arent unreasonable. Of course I’d rather it all be be ‘free’, but someone gotta pay the bills.

And…does anyone really believe that there aren’t a buncha pinsiders cheating the system with their pin sales and trades? Be upset at the cheaters instead of Pinside…if everyone was honest with their sales we wouldn’t have listing fees or ‘no sale posts without an ad’.

#17785 59 days ago

Unfortunately the world is filled with Cain's.

#17786 59 days ago

It's definitely a sales to post ratio. If your ratio of actual sales drops too low, you will be charged just to post your ad.

Quoted from PoMC:

Pinside acting like their Marketplace is the only way to sell a game. Facebook has been the place for me where stuff just eventually sells. And eBay I've been using, but not for expensive items. Don't have to pre-pay when I sell on ebay.

#17787 59 days ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Facebook is terrible unless you know the person and I’d never do long distance on it. Never seen a site that has so many scammers. I’ve listed stuff on it and I immediately get 10 people who want my phone number or ask if it’s still available. Very inefficient way to sell.

I’ve found it much easier to sell here on Pinside. The fee doesn’t bother me, it helps keep Pinside going. For those concerned about the fee, just list on fbook first. If it doesn’t sell there, then list it here.

+1

Quoted from curban:

I’m on Pinside every day. The site is the best I’ve seen in any of the hobbies I participate. While I don’t know how it all happens, I can’t imagine that there is no effort or cost.

IMO, the annual member fees and selling fees arent unreasonable. Of course I’d rather it all be be ‘free’, but someone gotta pay the bills.

And…does anyone really believe that there aren’t a buncha pinsiders cheating the system with their pin sales and trades? Be upset at the cheaters instead of Pinside…if everyone was honest with their sales we wouldn’t have listing fees or ‘no sale posts without an ad’.

+2

#17788 59 days ago

A majority of my ads sell via Facebook. I usually list there first, as I don't want to risk my seller rating on Pinside being downgraded.

If I sell on Pinside, I pay the fee. In a perfect world, I wouldn't be penalized for selling my ad elsewhere. Your solution of listing on Facebook first is probably the best solution, we are going to get under the current rules. The sales to post ratio has definitely caused me to carefully consider what I post on Pinside, as it is a metric that can drop my seller status.

Quoted from Lermods:

#17789 59 days ago

I don't mind paying a fee it's not cheap to run a place like this. Plus much safer on here than anywhere else. I've done FB it's fine but too many scammers. So meet in person no shipping on there.

#17790 59 days ago

I like dealing on Pinside especially with verified Pinsiders. Too many strangers on Facebook and I don’t want to deal with them. Safer here. And who cares about the fees when these games sell for a lot of money.

#17791 59 days ago
Quoted from mbl1116:

Quoted from PoMC:

Not going to find out buy paying $12.50 just to list an ad. no idea if it gets refunded or what happens if I trade and not sell. Greedy pinside.

Greedy? If ya sell a friggin game due to a free pinside ad, just pay. The more folks circumvent a tiny payment for a sold pin, the more the sales fees will be increased not to mention pricier rules coming into play. Just my 2c.

#17792 59 days ago

This whole conversation is funny because some of guys are selling $6k+ pins and are complaining about a small fee for a Pinside sale.

#17793 59 days ago

Don’t get the complaints. Have sold 90% of my games, dozens, on Pinside at market prices with zero buyer issues. With no required upfront fees. Hard to buy that you could list numerous times on here at going prices without a good % of sales. And probably half of the FB sales were to pinsiders. If you don’t see the value of dealing with reputable pinsiders then have at FB and CL.

#17794 59 days ago

Pinside allows you to see a persons history and feedback. Theres regional for sale threads like this. There’s current and past sales for reference.

People here are more serious. FB is the Wild West.

#17795 59 days ago
Quoted from Murphdom:

This whole conversation is funny because some of guys are selling $6k+ pins and are complaining about a small fee for a Pinside sale.

These fees ain't that small, it's $45 if you're selling a high-tier game without a donation membership.

#17796 59 days ago

$45.00 fee on an average 6k sale is 0.75%. I would say that’s a small fee, see what eBay fees would be then put PayPal fees on top of that and then taxes. Gladly pay $45.00 fees all day long

#17797 59 days ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

$45.00 fee on an average 6k sale is 0.75%. I would say that’s a small fee, see what eBay fees would be then put PayPal fees on top of that and then taxes. Gladly pay $45.00 fees all day long

I was charged $25 to sell a $1,800 non working game. They said my pin was worth $2,500-3,500 even though i wasn't selling it for that and it was listed as non working. That is a decent chunk on a cheap game.

That isn't much to most, but they should charge based on the listed price or selling price, not what category it's in.

#17798 59 days ago

Are you comparing the services provided by Pinside to eBay and PayPal services? Because as a suite of services Pinside doesn't come close to the offerings of the other two.

Quoted from DeathHimself:

#17799 59 days ago
Quoted from Pinbolls:

Are you comparing the services provided by Pinside to eBay and PayPal services? Because as a suite of services Pinside doesn't come close to the offerings of the other two.

Seems like EBay and PayPal services are a double edge sword, but regardless, neither offers ready access to such a large part of the pinball collecting community, with lots of history to vet market pricing and buyer/seller risk. FB may be a better option for low price machines, but for mid-high price games Pinside is a godsend IMO.

There are 18,062 posts in this topic. You are on page 356 of 362.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whats-fs-in-maryland-right-now-maryland-fs-thread/page/356 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.