FB_IMG_1693800927355 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240518_170728186 (resized).jpg
Garfield_Pinball_Screenshot_3_logo (resized).jpg
ww (resized).jpg
Christmas Vacation (resized).jpg
Pic (resized).jpg
Brown Nose..gif

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 48,122 posts in this topic. You are on page 939 of 963.
#46901 34 days ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I wish I had a sliver of excitement for Wick?
I already am not liking the theme and even if it has cool music and good layout-it will probably do little for me. I was really hoping for an IJ or something else-Tony Hawk sounded sweet!

Agreed. I don't get the hype. The movies became progressively more cartoonish.
Side note, I don't really want my inspiration to play pinball to be because some Russians killed my dog.

#46902 34 days ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I wish I had a sliver of excitement for Wick?
I already am not liking the theme and even if it has cool music and good layout-it will probably do little for me. I was really hoping for an IJ or something else-Tony Hawk sounded sweet!

You know, I get excited about theme too, but as long as the theme/artwork isn't a major turnoff, I'm just happy with a fun layout and good code. Elvira was never something I was excited about, but that game is dang fun!

#46903 34 days ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

I'm just happy with a fun layout and good code. Elvira was never something I was excited about, but that game is dang fun!

I am getting to the point where if I want a game-one has to go or I have to convince the wife. I am attached to all my babies so making a decision is tough. I want JAWS but still on fence with Pro vs LE(leaning towards Pro). My bestie just got a Bond Premium and now I decided I want the Pro eventually(no clanky jetpack) after getting good time on Premium. Just played LT yesterday and it did nothing for me. Played Labrinth and thought it was fun but never got into movie and know the theme is not that attractive to me. Right now I want an ABBA for the wifey. I am a theme whore and nowadays it has to be special for me to consider. New Metallica from Borg does have me lifting an eyebrow.

#46904 34 days ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I love RUSH-one of my favorite bands. Unfortunately the layout did not click with me the way I thought it would. I think it is the scoops right in the middle that throw me off(scoop city).

. Ok ok...
That's gotta be your old school veteran nostalgia talking, and I'm respectfully saying that.
I'm green af but I cannot imagine any 12 or 13 year old Borg dmd game being better than his modern Rush with LCD, ic, Rayday and Sexton polishing the game code to the 9s. Yes I'm only 3 years into pinball ownership.... But the simple math doesn't add up here. Game of the year 2022...
Yes I'm a huge RUSH fan, similar like you, and granted I'm not a comic book guy nor a Metallica guy (although I see and understand their greatness in their own right) so that's an uphill climb for me regardless... Yes it's a timing thing for you and me I get that.... But we are both theme guys it looks like so there's some common ground.
But Rush sparkles in a modern pin, modern bling, modern Borg.. he apparently knows what works and sticks to it, easy to knock on like many of us guys that age, right?
But he doesn't compromise himself, knows some stuff and completely avoided Rush being boring or same old been there done that seen it before Even if it just "feels like a Borg"... even to you old school guys it's familiar, yes, but it's fresh.. and like RUSH the band I'm sure the songs just sounds the same to most, but not me. That band is amazing and the rules and playing to Rush in pinball is just bad ass. Period.
And Borg, as an OG Rush fan, I'm not sure any other designer could have been tip of spear on this title & this good capturing the essence of the band in a pin, add the band involvement with game call outs, extremely fitting jumping through time machine theme concept, code that kills, including that many tracks (16?) all selectable and with footage, so many of their greatest music tracks you can watch them while you play, so thoughtfully done to give us fans a RUSH concert and a pinball experience this good together in one package.
Even Michael on the art captured the 70s Rush essence for the true fan... What's that? You're not a fan of the band graphics in the middle of the playfield, well then, I'll say it again.. you may not be a true fan then.. It's spot on!
Sexton kept churning out update after update shepherding his baby with Ray to code perfection and, the topper.. expensive, yes, but what isn't these days. Rush deserved it.
It Integrated into the game, spinning gears and synced to expression light shows, extra topper frenzy mode, extra awards, just awesome add-on. Challenge modes to allow anyone to play the cygnus book 1 & 2, plus 2112 final game modes not to be left out to anyone regardless of skill and the Best expression light show and song integration to date in any Stern. No young flashy designer would have pulled this off. Borg nailed it.
It's an epic game and such a rush to play.

#46905 34 days ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

His point stands. Look at John Borgs work. He has 50 game designs (though MANY are rehashed)
He has a few great games for sure but I feel like if I made 50 games, even I would have a couple hits.

I was more questioning him saying TWD, Tron, Iron Man and TMNT weren’t hits.

-At one time TWD was considered one of the last best DMD era games, still clamoring to be remade, and market price is insane
-Every day someone posts something about Tron being remade and market price is insane
-IM was in production for over 10 years
-TMNT gets mixed reviews, but it’s still selling

Just saying, how can someone say these games are not hits? Regardless if you like the game or not.

#46906 34 days ago

Pinball is extremely subjective. Every time I talk trash about JJP games people come out of the woods telling me they are the best games ever made(lots of passionate peeps).

Again I love RUSH and the theme is there for me. What it really came down to is my distaste for the layout. I really feel the layout on RUSH is meh. Two scoops smack right in center feels clunky to me. Other thing is I am really over rainbow show lights(expression bs) and find it more of a distraction now. I really do wish RUSH grabbed me-one of the best bands ever-tons of respect.

#46907 34 days ago

Well luckily for you only the LE comes with expression lights so that's easily avoidable. If you go with the pro then the side scoop doesn't even eject so it's almost like just having one and a half.
Getting used to the layout and appreciating it might take you actually owning it... I don't see it in your collection or collection history so I'm sticking to the assumption that you have a shallow and negative first impression of the game and it is just deeper than you are, no disrespect meant. If you owned it and your profile doesn't reflect that then disregard but as one Rush fan to another, I respectfully think you may have missed the mark here and just don't know it. I also understand the old adage that sometimes you can't teach an old dog new tricks.

#46908 34 days ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Getting used to the layout and appreciating it might take you actually owning it

So I have a best friend that I live vicariously through. We do not usually buy the same games(except Godzilla) and his collection is opposite mine. He has all the JJP crap and games I do not own. Played a ton in home environment and the layout felt flat. Yes the expression lights are only LE but just making the comment that I am over the lame rainbow shows. Also the art on RUSH is cringe worthy. I would say the main thing it has going for it is the music. Metallica blows RUSH away in every aspect and I could care less about LCD's and like the classic DMD's. If Borg delivers another fantastic Metallica-it will be hard to resist. I am however changing my tune on whether or not I want to buy anymore LE machines. I do not like rainbow shows and now they are adding huge shooter knobs and distracting speaker lights. I am finding that I am more of a traditionalist and now want function over fashion. The thought that I would want a Premium over LE-as not to get all the extra fluff is a first for me-damn I am getting old and grumpy.

#46909 34 days ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

They need Mumble Multiball in a Motley Crue pin with any one of the mumbly performances Vince has done in the last decade. Would be hilarious.

Quoted from PinMonk:

Poor Vince Neil. I'm sure he's thrilled Ozempic is here.
This response of his cracks me up every time someone posts it again...
[quoted image]

It's sad whats happened to Vince. I saw the Crue about 10 years ago and they were still awesome. Total banger show. I don't think I could go to a show today.

Mumble Multiball - hilarious

#46910 34 days ago

Love my Rush but Borg Lyman combo was a winner - great team.
Curious what they do with rumored update to MET

#46911 34 days ago
Quoted from pinmister:

So I have a best friend that I live vicariously through. We do not usually buy the same games(except Godzilla) and his collection is opposite mine. He has all the JJP crap and games I do not own. Played a ton in home environment and the layout felt flat. Yes the expression lights are only LE but just making the comment that I am over the lame rainbow shows. Also the art on RUSH is cringe worthy. I would say the main thing it has going for it is the music. Metallica blows RUSH away in every aspect and I could care less about LCD's and like the classic DMD's. If Borg delivers another fantastic Metallica-it will be hard to resist. I am however changing my tune on whether or not I want to buy anymore LE machines. I do not like rainbow shows and now they are adding huge shooter knobs and distracting speaker lights. I am finding that I am more of a traditionalist and now want function over fashion. The thought that I would want a Premium over LE-as not to get all the extra fluff is a first for me-damn I am getting old and grumpy.

Great chat! Enjoyed it.
There's lots of good reasons to not buy an LE And especially NIB LE. Agree with you for sure on that!
Once I'm older and grumpier I'll probably agree with you even more.

#46912 34 days ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Pinball is extremely subjective. Every time I talk trash about JJP games people come out of the woods telling me they are the best games ever made(lots of passionate peeps).
Again I love RUSH and the theme is there for me. What it really came down to is my distaste for the layout. I really feel the layout on RUSH is meh. Two scoops smack right in center feels clunky to me. Other thing is I am really over rainbow show lights(expression bs) and find it more of a distraction now. I really do wish RUSH grabbed me-one of the best bands ever-tons of respect.

I'll say it. I've yet to really enjoy a JJP game.

#46913 34 days ago

I love Rush, Borg definitely did the best he could with a theme that was never going to sell a ton. Now I do think that game needs the shaker motor, and yeah that front scoop almost kills the game. But it's fun, I'm not even sure what we are using the time machine for, I just like that it has a time machine element.

#46914 34 days ago
Quoted from stubborngamer:

I love Rush, Borg definitely did the best he could with a theme that was never going to sell a ton. Now I do think that game needs the shaker motor, and yeah that front scoop almost kills the game. But it's fun, I'm not even sure what we are using the time machine for, I just like that it has a time machine element.

Admittedly I hated the game before I got the NinjaCamp scoop protectors and stopped hitting the scoops all the time (took some practice). But I mean, it’s Rush… some things grow from merely tolerable to an obsession.

#46915 34 days ago

The game has changed. I see People coming up with excuses why they don't want to buy new in box. Just say it's not for me and stop trashing companies and themes and designers. Pinball is a highly competitive world wide sport. Some designers are about controlling the ball. Trap and shoot layouts Pulp fiction for example. Others are fast flowing combo shots with timing like foofighters. Run n gun. There are both in some layouts like godzilla. I buy for my location which is a stern army. So bad themes that don't make much I have to sell off quicker than others after the newness wears off.

#46916 32 days ago

How about another pool based game? Its been what... 20 years? Some of the best selling pins of all time have been pool based. That eight ball beyond looks pretty sexy. How pins go into establishments with pool tables... or for that matter basements with pool tables.

#46917 32 days ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

How about another pool based game? Its been what... 20 years? Some of the best selling pins of all time have been pool based. That eight ball beyond looks pretty sexy. How pins go into establishments with pool tables... or for that matter basements with pool tables.

sure... but first you need to find the right license

#46918 32 days ago

New stern should be close we still don’t know what it is for sure? Last new we knew. I guess wick is top choose currently but I heard Indiana jones a while back was in the works so idk.

#46919 32 days ago
Quoted from beltking:

New stern should be close we still don’t know what it is for sure? Last new we knew. I guess wick is top choose currently but I heard Indiana jones a while back was in the works so idk.

It's John Wick

#46920 32 days ago

I’d prefer IJ……hopefully John wick is just the code name

#46921 32 days ago

It'd be cool if they sold the Safe Cracker token mech and it gives you something like those gold coins from John Wick. Put it back in for a special challenge mode. Won't happen. But it would be rad. (This does seem like more of an operator's theme than a home collector's theme)

#46922 32 days ago
Quoted from beltking:

As per below, only 60 days ago, you wrote it was Borg on Indiana Jones.

Quoted from beltking:

Next Stern is Borg and Indiana Jones (90% accurate IMO)
Danger after on John Wick
Please no PM's about this, this is all I know currently.

#46923 32 days ago

Borg was working on IJ. As far as anyone can tell, the game has been shelved.

#46924 32 days ago

Any chance we’ll be getting a Goldfinger Edition Bond any time soon?

#46925 32 days ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

Borg was working on IJ. As far as anyone can tell, the game has been shelved.

That is an epic tragedy if true!

Quoted from skink91:

Admittedly I hated the game before I got the NinjaCamp scoop protectors and stopped hitting the scoops all the time (took some practice). But I mean, it’s Rush… some things grow from merely tolerable to an obsession.

Ninjacamp saved Rush - even the modified solution from Stern was not great.

I just need to get better! LOL

Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

I'll say it. I've yet to really enjoy a JJP game.

EJ is fantastic. It's really good but I can't do $12-15K.

#46926 32 days ago

John wick definitely gets cartoonish but they have a lot to draw from aesthetically. Stumblor would have a field day.

cartoonish action lends to pinball and people love Keanu. if it had a good table design, solid lighting package it could be cool.

who liked the new Tron movie? People still post all the time they want a rerun.

#46927 32 days ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

Any chance we’ll be getting a Goldfinger Edition Bond any time soon?

I doubt it. Stern announced they would not be doing second runs of limited edition games after the backlash they got from JP30th and Elvira BRK. Those pins were also much better sellers and sold for much higher on the secondary market at the time of the LE release. By my numbers Bond is the 13th best selling Spike 2 machine, whereas JP is their 2nd best seller and Elvira the 8th best seller (and best selling premium/LE only pin).

#46928 32 days ago
Quoted from Zen_Monkey:

John wick definitely gets cartoonish but they have a lot to draw from aesthetically. Stumblor would have a field day.
cartoonish action lends to pinball and people love Keanu. if it had a good table design, solid lighting package it could be cool.
who liked the new Tron movie? People still post all the time they want a rerun.

There nothing more cartoonist than Matrix and everyone wants that.

#46929 32 days ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I have a MET and a Rush - MET is chopping wood. It's still fun but Rush is so much deeper, better shots and it's a full concert and music experience even with no LCD. Sparky is awesome though!

As for the art - I LOVE it all, it's spot on. I admit I'm a Rush fan also though. I do not like the band characters on MET, they creep me out. Still like the game though.

#46930 31 days ago

So, next week for the Stern announcement of the next pin, apparently. Is it still Wick?

#46931 31 days ago
Quoted from badfish981:

…hopefully John wick is just the code name

It's not

#46932 31 days ago

What's the code name? Daisy? Continental? Whoa?

#46933 31 days ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

There nothing more cartoonist than Matrix and everyone wants that.

Any chance it’s Bill and Ted?
Prefer that over all rumors.

51AE3C41-1E6E-417B-B0FC-EAF0D317F2BB.gif51AE3C41-1E6E-417B-B0FC-EAF0D317F2BB.gif
#46934 31 days ago

I think a The NeverEnding Story and Jumanji (movie old and new) would make a great next pinball!

https://www.kineticist.com/pinball-themes/the-neverending-story-pinball

#46935 31 days ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

What's the code name? Daisy? Continental? Whoa?

No. It's "I know Kung Fu"

#46936 31 days ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

It'd be cool if they sold the Safe Cracker token mech and it gives you something like those gold coins from John Wick. Put it back in for a special challenge mode. Won't happen. But it would be rad. (This does seem like more of an operator's theme than a home collector's theme)

What makes you think it's more of an operator theme? I thought that was big things like Star Wars and Mario type games, the IPs that are popular with damn near everyone. Wick is an R rated series that has 0 appeal to a younger crowd because they haven't seen the movies.

I expect Wick, if it is the next title, to be a bomb for operators and only appealing to the home crowd.

#46937 31 days ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

No. It's "I know Kung Fu"

I don't think there's been a Stern pin with a code name more than two words. At least not so far...

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/record-of-stern-code-names-for-games

#46938 31 days ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I don't think there's been a Stern pin with a code name more than two words. At least not so far...
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/record-of-stern-code-names-for-games

you mean people will go online and claim things with certainty when they have no evidence? not my internet...

#46939 31 days ago
Quoted from ichuckle:

you mean people will go online and claim things with certainty when they have no evidence? not my internet...

The vast majority on that list are widely known. Change internets.

#46940 31 days ago

#46941 31 days ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The vast majority on that list are widely known. Change internets.

i have no idea what you're implying. The person i was responding to was confused why the other poster would post a 4 part code name.

As an aside, i think it's weird that someone who sells stuff on here would tell someone to "change Internets" (which i assume means leave). I've bought products from you in the past, just this week actually, but will not do so in the future.

#46942 31 days ago
Quoted from ichuckle:

i have no idea what you're implying. The person i was responding to was confused why the other poster would post a 4 part code name.
As an aside, i think it's weird that someone who sells stuff on here would tell someone to "change Internets" (which i assume means leave). I've bought products from you in the past, just this week actually, but will not do so in the future.

The person you were responding to was me. I was simply and politely pointing out to the poster with the 4 word code name suggestion that Stern doesn't use code names over 2 words, at least thus far, and provided a link. You then responded to me about me seemingly implying that the link I posted of code names was things people posted without evidence (which was wrong, if that was the intent). I was joking that if that was the result on your internet, you should change internets. Pretty obviously a joke because there's one commercial internet.

Of course, the axiom that when you have to explain a joke, it's not funny anymore (or may not have been funny to begin with) is in force here. But there it is. Explanation.

My opinions and tech help and joking around are not enslaved to my need to sell stuff. For better or worse, the two sides operate independently.

#46943 31 days ago

Humor can be hard in written form.

I thought you were both joking with each other to be honest. I often don’t submit my replies when I’m joking because one I’m a dad and dads aren’t funny and two humor is often taken out of context.

#46944 31 days ago
Quoted from Zen_Monkey:

Humor can be hard in written form.
I thought you were both joking with each other to be honest. I often don’t submit my replies when I’m joking because one I’m a dad and dads aren’t funny and two humor is often taken out of context.

Text is an imperfect medium, for sure.

#46945 31 days ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The person you were responding to was me. I was simply and politely pointing out to the poster with the 4 word code name suggestion that Stern doesn't use code names over 2 words, at least thus far, and provided a link. You then responded to me about me seemingly implying that the link I posted of code names was things people posted without evidence (which was wrong, if that was the intent). I was joking that if that was the result on your internet, you should change internets. Pretty obviously a joke because there's one commercial internet.
Of course, the axiom that when you have to explain a joke, it's not funny anymore (or may not have been funny to begin with) is in force here. But there it is. Explanation.
My opinions and tech help and joking around are not enslaved to my need to sell stuff. For better or worse, the two sides operate independently.

I was implying that the person claiming knowledge of the 4 part code word was making shit up, not your list. The same person also claims next is Wick as an absolute certainty. This thread is unbelievably rife with people claiming shit without backing up with facts or sources, which is against community guidelines. This may be an unmoderated thread in that regards though and I missed the memo.

I also come from a background of science and research where no one takes your word for anything without receipts. So the brazen confidence without evidence, and the masses who seem to accept without question, is just shocking in general to me.

Easy misunderstanding i guess. Apologies. I also hate the written format online. I always suspect I'm autistic when these situations happen so often to me....

#46946 31 days ago

You two are terrible at arguing on the internet.

#46947 31 days ago
Quoted from BrewinBombers:

without question

#46948 31 days ago
Quoted from BrewinBombers:

I think we're both trying not to argue. So, maybe bad at that, too?

#46949 31 days ago

Sliding this back on track, if it's John Wick, who's in on it?

I have a Pro and a Prem coming for testing. If Zach from Flip n Out is right, this is the last release before Spike 3.

#46950 31 days ago

Amateurs.

Def Wick

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 3,899.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Festus, MO
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 16.50
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 40.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hollidaysburg, PA
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 899.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 139.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 94.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RamMods

$ 35.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 48,122 posts in this topic. You are on page 939 of 963.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/939 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.