55777 (resized).jpeg
artworks-000003003840-i58eub-t500x500 (resized).jpg
ok ok LW (resized).jpg
FB_IMG_1693800927355 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240518_170728186 (resized).jpg
Garfield_Pinball_Screenshot_3_logo (resized).jpg
ww (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 48,165 posts in this topic. You are on page 937 of 964.
#46801 38 days ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

Food themes next!

Diner II?

#46802 38 days ago
Quoted from Pinhead_:

I'm too stubborn- HBO original? Sure it's probably great.
Literally anything else original? Absolute dogshit of the highest caliber. Not even worth pirating.
Love the fallout series, played all the games all the way through some even multiple times. Still won't ever watch the show good or not- because it's produced by/on [insert random streaming "service"].
Back to pinball- something something John wick... yaaaay....

Isn’t HBO part of MAX…. a [random streaming service] itself? Not sure I get the seemingly arbitrary distinction here.

#46803 38 days ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

Food themes next!

I want a Durian Pinball theme. I am sure it will be popular as I would put a deposit down right now.

The smell would go along with some of the other suggested music themes. We can try to destroy all 5 senses in one go!

#46804 38 days ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

This is the fight in my house right now with TCM and having a little kid.

I'm right there with ya. I have a 6 and 7 year old, both of them and my wife say TCM is too much (despite it being one of my favorite movies). We went with Elvira HOH instead, for our new addition and will wait a few years for TCM.

#46805 38 days ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

I'm one episode deep in the new Amazon show Fallout. I'm a fan of the video game series and they are killing it. Could make a good game.

I finished the first season. Never played the game and only knew of it in passing. Amazing show that kept me hooked through all 8 episodes or so.

#46806 38 days ago

Food themes:

Sweet and Sour Pork Pinball
French Fries and Gravy Pinball
Appetizer of chicken fingers, then salad, prime rib with garlic mash potatoes and string beans, beverage of your choice and double chocolate cake with chocolate sauce and vanilla ice cream for dessert Pinball.

Now I am hungry for some strange reason....

#46807 38 days ago
Quoted from pinball2020:

Food themes:
Appetizer of chicken fingers, then salad, prime rib with garlic mash potatoes and string beans, beverage of your choice and double chocolate cake with chocolate sauce and vanilla ice cream for dessert Pinball.

Didn't we just get a BBQ pin?

#46808 38 days ago
Quoted from skink91:

Foundation, Slow Horses, Drops of God, Pachinko, Lessons in Chemistry, Monarch… not sure why anyone would scoff at Apple TV as they’ve been killing it.

Lessons in Chemistry was TERRIBLE until about the halfway mark. I will generally excuse Apple's checklist of including as many social issues or references to social issues in their shows, but that one was ridiculous. Racism, women's rights, gay mistreatment (REALLY SHOEHORNED INTO THE STORY as a FLASHBACK that was out of nowhere), mental illness, religious fraud, science fraud, it was just a melange of mediocrity as none of it was more than checking a "social issues" box (Apple TV does this a LOT) - only a couple points were even developed well. The writing was also wildly uneven, from mediocre to just bad.

I enjoyed the second half when she actually got the cooking show and made a science show out of it, but the first half was a heavy slog. One of the rare ones that's the reverse of the usual Apple TV "front load the show, end with a whimper" playbook that Monarch followed to a "T."

#46809 38 days ago
Quoted from pinball2020:

Food themes:

If we're doing more pork, the only one I'll allow is Porky's.

#46810 38 days ago
Quoted from GoneFishinLvMsg:

Didn't we just get a BBQ pin?

People just can’t get enough food preparation content on an lcd!

#46811 38 days ago
Quoted from pinball2020:

Food themes:

How about Kitchen Nightmares as a theme

You travel around the USA dealing with incompetent f**k-wit restaurant owners

Your stress and blood pressure rises in order to release multi ball

Here is the final wizard mode:

images (1) (resized).jpgimages (1) (resized).jpg

#46812 38 days ago
Quoted from Esoteric_rt:

How about Kitchen Nightmares as a theme
You travel around the USA dealing with incompetent f**k-wit restaurant owners
Your stress and blood pressure rises in order to release multi ball
Here is the final wizard mode:
[quoted image]

Who are they… … I’m sorry to spoil the joke but who are those besides Gordon?

#46813 38 days ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

Who are they… … I’m sorry to spoil the joke but who are those besides Gordon?

One of the more extreme examples on the show:

#46814 38 days ago
Quoted from Esoteric_rt:

One of the more extreme examples on the show:

Now I know who’s Amy and why you post that.. hahaha thanks Esoteric_rt

#46815 38 days ago

The family would like a Bluey.

#46816 38 days ago
Quoted from TK2012:

TWD comic edition / Bluey mashup?

#46817 38 days ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

My daughter loves TWD. But she isnt a pussy & neither is my wife so that helps.
'Merica!
Comic or not, lcd or not, light artwork or not, it's Lways going to be aboot brutality killing zombies

#46818 38 days ago

Untitled (resized).jpgUntitled (resized).jpg

#46819 38 days ago
Quoted from TK2012:

Naur…

#46820 38 days ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Lessons in Chemistry was TERRIBLE until about the halfway mark. I will generally excuse Apple's checklist of including as many social issues or references to social issues in their shows, but that one was ridiculous. Racism, women's rights, gay mistreatment (REALLY SHOEHORNED INTO THE STORY as a FLASHBACK that was out of nowhere), mental illness, religious fraud, science fraud, it was just a melange of mediocrity as none of it was more than checking a "social issues" box (Apple TV does this a LOT) - only a couple points were even developed well. The writing was also wildly uneven, from mediocre to just bad.
I enjoyed the second half when she actually got the cooking show and made a science show out of it, but the first half was a heavy slog. One of the rare ones that's the reverse of the usual Apple TV "front load the show, end with a whimper" playbook that Monarch followed to a "T."

you realize all that checklist stuff was in the book ?

#46821 38 days ago
Quoted from pinball2020:

Food themes:

Loco moco

#46822 38 days ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

[quoted image]

He needs to play Better or put a Rubber from his Goodie bag on that post. I would frown upon the latter.

#46823 38 days ago
Quoted from Zen_Monkey:

you realize all that checklist stuff was in the book ?

Did a little browsing and it doesn't sound that faithful to the book. Some of the major show storylines were added to Apple's taste:

"Calvin and Elizabeth's neighbor Harriet, for instance, is no longer a nosy neighbor spying on Elizabeth out of boredom. Instead, she's Calvin's true friend with her own independent life as an attorney and Civil Rights advocate."

No wonder it felt completely tacked on and out of place.

"And Calvin's pen pal, Minister Wakely, gets substantial screentime with Elizabeth to ruminate on clashes between faith and science."

That was cringe, too.

"To help mitigate this fantasy of Calvin as a fully liberal partner in the 1950s, the show gives Calvin friendships outside of his relationship with Elizabeth—and shows him to be a flawed companion. In the book, Calvin is a complete loner. But in the show, we see Calvin bond with his neighbor Harriet and even help care for her kids. But he also fails her after agreeing to help with her advocacy work."

Yep, this felt clumsy and out of place.

So yeah, my opinion has not changed.

#46824 38 days ago

Stole this from fb, damn! Be all over that like a fat kid on a chocolate bar.

FB_IMG_1713427968712 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1713427968712 (resized).jpg
#46825 38 days ago
Quoted from Knackers:

[quoted image]

Not with that art. Yuck. Gimme Crue, but do the band justice.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#46826 38 days ago

Corny as Fuck, Sia

But, Wick better have the most Fuck OFF sound track !!!!! The Beats man

Sub, Sub , Sub.......

and yeah Crue would be Awesome as well , Coincedently I just watched The Dirt last night, worth a revisit !

#46827 38 days ago
Quoted from Knackers:

[quoted image]

The art could easily be used for The Pirates of the Caribbean 6: Beyond the Horizon (2025)

#46828 38 days ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

There had better be a hole in the back wall that you stick your ball into, otherwise, I'm out. Total missed opportunity.

#46829 38 days ago
Quoted from Knackers:

Be all over that like a fat kid on a chocolate bar.
[quoted image]

Too late

images (resized).jpgimages (resized).jpg
#46830 38 days ago

I'm one episode deep in the new Amazon show Fallout. I'm a fan of the video game series and they are killing it. Could make a good game.

I forgot that they had made a licenced FX3 pinball machine table based off of Fallout 4 a few years ago. Actually Doom and Skyrim as well.

#46831 38 days ago

best game ever! with sharks

maxresdefault (resized).jpegmaxresdefault (resized).jpeg
#46832 38 days ago

Who's down for a Sea Shanty pinball machine?

I am!!!

#46833 37 days ago

Who's down for a Sea Shanty pinball machine?
I am!!!

The sea shanties are the only good part of the Jaws sound package, more sea shanties in Jaws please.

Quoted from Knackers:

[quoted image]

The stupid Motley Crue mockup looks like one of those god awful "conversion kits" that CPR was offering.

#46834 37 days ago
Quoted from skink91:

Isn’t HBO part of MAX…. a [random streaming service] itself? Not sure I get the seemingly arbitrary distinction here.

Yeah- Like I said i'm stubborn. I have a singular outlier and it's Sopranos / The Wire.

#46835 37 days ago
Quoted from Pinhead_:

Yeah- Like I said i'm stubborn. I have a singular outlier and it's Sopranos / The Wire.

To be fair, I think I would rather be stubborn and not watch stuff like you than desperate to find more things to watch like me… getting some of my time back from trying to watch every damn thing would be nice.

#46836 37 days ago
Quoted from skink91:

To be fair, I think I would rather be stubborn and not watch stuff like you than desperate to find more things to watch like me… getting some of my time back from trying to watch every damn thing would be nice.

I watch a lot of movies- bad 70's B or C horror, all the way through current but that's as far as I get. Lots of spooky shit and not much room for everything else.

EDIT: And that's the only [random streaming service] I pay for, Shudder.

#46837 37 days ago
Quoted from Knackers:

[quoted image]

Not exactly what I would do but Motley Crue should be made. Music is PERFECT for pinball!

I would buy one almost for sure.

Quoted from ExSquid:

Too late[quoted image]

Definitely no recent video should be added LOL

#46838 37 days ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Just so long as you get to shoot the ball through the hole in the wall/shower drain.

#46839 37 days ago

How about romance themed pin, the Notebook, Titanic, Casablanca, every mode dealing with building up the romance/relationship and pushing through the pained hurdles.

Yeah I know a backglass with a sexy lady on it is already considered a romance pin for the lonely pinball boys.

#46840 37 days ago
Quoted from stubborngamer:

How about romance themed pin, the Notebook, Titanic, Casablanca, every mode dealing with building up the romance/relationship and pushing through the pained hurdles.
Yeah I know a backglass with a sexy lady on it is already considered a romance pin for the lonely pinball boys.

How about cheating multiball where she cheats on her man with home boy from the town she ran away from originally claiming she "finding herself."

Think about.

Titanic was the original "Notebook" Rose cheats with some third class person just to have a one night stand and claims it's not personal while killing off her evidence of the illicit affair its scuzzy.

#46841 37 days ago
Quoted from oldskool1969:

best game ever! with sharks[quoted image]

Pretty sure you are alone on that island of thought.

#46842 37 days ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

Pretty sure you are alone on that island of thought.

He's basically alone on all his island's of thought.

#46843 37 days ago

I wish Stern (or someone else) would make a real good Star Wars pin. I am not crazy about the one they just restocked and their Mando game left more to be desired (despite the really cool addons). I feel like a new Star Wars themed pinball would be great.

Edit: not sure how I’d theme it tbh. Revenge of The Sith would be cool since they already did the OT and Mando.

#46844 37 days ago
Quoted from nicholasdeorio:

I wish Stern (or someone else) would make a real good Star Wars pin. I am not crazy about the one they just restocked and their Mando game left more to be desired (despite the really cool addons). I feel like a new Star Wars themed pinball would be great.
Edit: not sure how I’d theme it tbh. Revenge of The Sith would be cool since they already did the OT and Mando.

Careful. That's how you get modern Star Wars IPs. I don't need Book of Boba Fett or Rei themed game. They had enough tries. Make another Ghostbusters game with a fair flipper gap

#46845 37 days ago
Quoted from Bmad21:

How about cheating multiball where she cheats on her man with home boy from the town she ran away from originally claiming she "finding herself."

Yeah but, home boy was the true love, and they were just on a break.

We_were_on_a_break1-ezgif.com-webp-to-gif-converter.gifWe_were_on_a_break1-ezgif.com-webp-to-gif-converter.gif
#46846 37 days ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Did a little browsing and it doesn't sound that faithful to the book. Some of the major show storylines were added to Apple's taste:
"Calvin and Elizabeth's neighbor Harriet, for instance, is no longer a nosy neighbor spying on Elizabeth out of boredom. Instead, she's Calvin's true friend with her own independent life as an attorney and Civil Rights advocate."
No wonder it felt completely tacked on and out of place.
"And Calvin's pen pal, Minister Wakely, gets substantial screentime with Elizabeth to ruminate on clashes between faith and science."
That was cringe, too.
"To help mitigate this fantasy of Calvin as a fully liberal partner in the 1950s, the show gives Calvin friendships outside of his relationship with Elizabeth—and shows him to be a flawed companion. In the book, Calvin is a complete loner. But in the show, we see Calvin bond with his neighbor Harriet and even help care for her kids. But he also fails her after agreeing to help with her advocacy work."
Yep, this felt clumsy and out of place.
So yeah, my opinion has not changed.

I mean i’m not an advocate of the book it’s not my type of book but the friends I have that read the book really liked the show.

trying to round out Calvin so there’s more impact when he dies is standard fair.

I’ll give you the other points and agree apple shows are pretty uneven but most shows seem to be these days.

#46847 37 days ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

The sea shanties are the only good part of the Jaws sound package, more sea shanties in Jaws please.

Just put out an Alestorm machine you cowards!

#46848 37 days ago
Quoted from nicholasdeorio:

Rogue one is the only way to go if you’re not going to reissue one of the original 3. maybe in another 10 years lol

#46849 37 days ago
Quoted from stubborngamer:

How about romance themed pin, the Notebook, Titanic, .

Oh geez no
The next Stern announcement can’t come fast enough.

#46850 37 days ago
Quoted from Zen_Monkey:

I mean i’m not an advocate of the book it’s not my type of book but the friends I have that read the book really liked the show.
trying to round out Calvin so there’s more impact when he dies is standard fair.
I’ll give you the other points and agree apple shows are pretty uneven but most shows seem to be these days.

Agree that a tightly written show is hard to find, but they are out there. I was pleasantly surprised at how funny and tightly written the movie American Fiction was. I wasn't in any hurry to watch it, but when I finally did, was blown away at the tight writing and fantastic cast. And it had a great social commentary without pulling an Apple TV and overdoing it in an artificially reverential way. All the overdoing here is clearly for comedic effect and it really works.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Twisted Tokens

$ 27.95
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Pinball Haus

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 17.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

6,305 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Eastvale, CA
4,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinbald Mods

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 32.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 200.00
Pinball Machine
PINBALLPICKERS

8,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mohawk, NY
$ 35.00
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 48,165 posts in this topic. You are on page 937 of 964.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/937 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.