IMG_1953.gif
Joker (resized).png
IMG_1142 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240425_122724_Chrome (resized).jpg
kekw (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20220125-011842_Facebook (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240425_124423_Google (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 47,173 posts in this topic. You are on page 906 of 944.
#45251 72 days ago

I got all excited yesterday with the Princess Bride Teaser video-and then the excitement was crushed when I heard it was a P3

Dissapointed..gifDissapointed..gif
#45252 72 days ago

We gotta get some more rumors swirling here in the rumor mill

X-MEN 97' Borg

Metallica 2.0 Gomez

Pokemon Danger

Fill in GZ 70th Elwin

Journey Eddy

#45253 72 days ago

Gomez - Bond (Goldfinger Edition)

#45254 72 days ago
Quoted from Rizmo:

I think Borg is up next. Elwin (Jaws), Eddy (Venom), Danger (Foo Fighters). It makes sense to be Borg. Unless Gomez is back in the game

John told me at Expo his game would be the star at Expo 2024 so he could be the 3rd cornerstone. He also hinted he could have 2 games this year. I dunno.

Gomez still loves making games. I hope he doesn't stop. Bond is a masterpiece.

#45255 72 days ago
Quoted from judremy:

So removing some depth from the cabinet removes the LCD screen? Wow. Great argument. Look at it economically. This makes it smaller which means lower shipping costs for Stern. Also, they can put more in a container to go overseas because they are smaller. I think it is a smart move. Most people just can't deal with change.

Wasn’t talking about the head/LCD, I was referring to the bottom half of the game cabinet itself. It looks like a kids toy in my opinion and it looks weird without a coin door. Also I’d have to imagine it would be super light and therefore easier to steal and accidentally nudge. But you are right, I am a traditionalist and like the classic pinball shape so I’m inherently biased.

#45256 72 days ago
Quoted from pinmister:

X-MEN 97' Borg
Metallica 2.0 Gomez
Pokemon Danger
Fill in GZ 70th Elwin
Journey Eddy

I like this minus Gomez would make sense for X-men after his success with DP and Borg needs to be on MET as they have worked together prior.

#45257 72 days ago

Borg did a tits job on the first MET so let him do it again.

#45258 72 days ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Borg did a tits job on the first MET so let him do it again.

It's going to be tough to top the original MET pin so why not do a single level design like JB60th or Beatles? I believe Gomez did the Beatles game and modeled it off of Seawitch. I would buy a modern Metallica single level game modeled off Stargazer or Quicksilver. Especially if you could also play the original ruleset.

#45259 72 days ago
Quoted from MikeS:

It's going to be tough to top the original MET pin

Why do they have to top it? It just has to be a good game with Met songs that brings a different experience. Stern can still sell plenty of games without having to constantly top the best they ever did, just has to be good enough.

#45260 72 days ago

I hope it is X-men 97 then I can know my wallet is safe

#45261 72 days ago
Quoted from manadams:

Why do they have to top it? It just has to be a good game

Exactly! All this talk of ruining the original and saying it wont be as good as the first game is ridiculous. You guys arent pinball Nostradomuses (Nostradomussesss?) seeing into the future before the game even comes out. It could be even better than the first game, and it damn sure isnt going to ruin the original or lessen it somehow. Do you like pinball? Then be happy that maybe it will be something new and different to play and enjoy.

#45262 72 days ago
Quoted from pinmister:

X-MEN 97' Borg

Metallica 2.0 Gomez

Pokemon Danger

Fill in GZ 70th Elwin

Journey Eddy

Looks like I'll be into a new hobby for the next year and a half, lol.

#45263 72 days ago
Quoted from pinmister:

X-MEN 97' Borg
Metallica 2.0 Gomez
Pokemon Danger
Fill in GZ 70th Elwin
Journey Eddy

Hopefully Tony Hawk/Bones Brigade somewhere in there. It's the rumor that most excited me to see as a pinball machine.

#45264 72 days ago
Quoted from pinmister:

X-MEN 97' Borg
Metallica 2.0 Gomez
Pokemon Danger
Fill in GZ 70th Elwin
Journey Eddy

Also Stranger Things re-run

#45265 72 days ago
Quoted from MikeS:

It's going to be tough to top the original MET pin so why not do a single level design like JB60th or Beatles? I believe Gomez did the Beatles game and modeled it off of Seawitch. I would buy a modern Metallica single level game modeled off Stargazer or Quicksilver. Especially if you could also play the original ruleset.

Remake of Cheetah!

#45266 72 days ago
Quoted from starfighter:

Also Stranger Things re-run

Aren’t these still available right now?

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#45267 72 days ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Hopefully Tony Hawk/Bones Brigade somewhere in there. It's the rumor that most excited me to see as a pinball machine.

Yes! I agree! Best rumor for a long while!

#45268 72 days ago

Powell/peralta artwork is badass!

#45269 72 days ago
Quoted from kool1:

Bond is a masterpiece.

Wow, masterpiece!?
I really got to get some time in on that game and see what the fuss is about!

#45270 72 days ago
Quoted from Billygrippo:

Powell/peralta artwork is badass!

http://www.vcjgraphics.com/skateboard-art

VCJ legendary.

#45272 72 days ago
Quoted from pinmister:

X-MEN 97' Borg
Metallica 2.0 Gomez
Pokemon Danger
Fill in GZ 70th Elwin
Journey Eddy

The Journey comedy is hilarious! But seriously, any band from around that era would be a better theme. Cheap Trick, Yes, Styx, Boston, Three Dog Night and some howling, Duran Duran, The Talking Heads

#45273 72 days ago
Quoted from gandamack:

Looks like I'll be into a new hobby for the next year and a half, lol.

Lol. I said the same thing and they down voted me. But I agree. Not looking great.

#45274 72 days ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Wow, masterpiece!?
I really got to get some time in on that game and see what the fuss is about!

Gomez’ Bond is the game my family and I play twice as much as anything else. Been that way since last April and the code has gotten better and better (now at .99). I highly recommend the game. It’s the last one we would ever sell.

#45275 72 days ago

I’ve posted this before, but this is as far as I’ve gotten so far….and if stern has the license for this than my work is minimal from this day forward

IMG_5120 (resized).jpegIMG_5120 (resized).jpeg
#45276 71 days ago
Quoted from pinmister:

X-MEN 97' Borg

Metallica 2.0 Gomez

Pokemon Danger

Fill in GZ 70th Elwin

Journey Eddy

Ok OK OK lets talk about this for a sec. X-MEN was originally Borg so should he be doing it instead of Elwin? Borg was on original Metallica-does it make sense for him to repeat or give to Gomez or something? Is Jack doing Pokemon or HE-MAN or Indy? Fill in GZ 70th premium(easy cash grab), and Journey by Eddy? Will Eddy do a music pin justice? What's up for Elwin early next year? While I hope for King Kong I will probably get something like Harry Potter? Inquiring minds want to know

#45277 71 days ago

I still think Wednesday would be a hit. Nice progression from Addams. Current culture / relevant. Female character not objectified (perhaps growing the hobby). And it's just fun. Season 2 should be dropping within a year, so perfect timing.

C'mon Stern, surprise us!

wednesday-room-i173486 (resized).jpgwednesday-room-i173486 (resized).jpg
#45278 71 days ago
Quoted from Nicholastree:

Gomez’ Bond is the game my family and I play twice as much as anything else. Been that way since last April and the code has gotten better and better (now at .99). I highly recommend the game. It’s the last one we would ever sell.

I never dreamed I would like Bond as much as I do. I thought a year and trade it, now it's semi-bolted.

#45279 71 days ago
Quoted from ZombiePartie:

The Journey comedy is hilarious! But seriously, any band from around that era would be a better theme. Cheap Trick, Yes, Styx, Boston, Three Dog Night and some howling, Duran Duran, The Talking Heads

Talking Heads is music pin dream theme for me. Insta buy. Crosseyed and Painless multiball my goodness

#45280 71 days ago
Quoted from RonSS:

I still think Wednesday would be a hit. Nice progression from Addams. Current culture / relevant. Female character not objectified (perhaps growing the hobby). And it's just fun. Season 2 should be dropping within a year, so perfect timing.
C'mon Stern, surprise us![quoted image]

I'm not so sure, I feel like people bring it up all the time because Addam's Family was a pinball hit. I think if Wednesday came out, people would still be looking for the original, it wouldn't get away with not playing well for instance, which I think a good theme would have that ability. It's a show very much for today's generation of children, it's tough to watch as an adult. I think you should at least give it a few seasons before even thinking about it at least.

#45281 71 days ago

No! I need a metal hitting machine in my line up and Megadeth or Metallica 2.0 is it. A possible Nascar/Grand prix, NFL/Soccer, Family Guy/Shrek or Looney tunes/ Chainsaw massacre I'm wondering. Two machines at once and you decide what you want. I should probably go to the "Cannabis club" topic haha Day Tripper

#45282 71 days ago
Quoted from stubborngamer:

I'm not so sure, I feel like people bring it up all the time because Addam's Family was a pinball hit. I think if Wednesday came out, people would still be looking for the original, it wouldn't get away with not playing well for instance, which I think a good theme would have that ability. It's a show very much for today's generation of children, it's tough to watch as an adult. I think you should at least give it a few seasons before even thinking about it at least.

They should just follow up Addam’s Family with Value's. That film is every bit as good as the first and Joan Cusack was on another level as crazy Debbie.

4E405F1B-8B78-4A50-8366-A76B4139A80A.gif4E405F1B-8B78-4A50-8366-A76B4139A80A.gif
Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#45283 69 days ago

Keeping with the vintage theme. I heard gomez future game possibility (chips) the old police show.

#45284 69 days ago
Quoted from spectrum-1980s:

Keeping with the vintage theme. I heard gomez future game possibility (chips) the old police show.

No way... Instant buy for me.

#45285 69 days ago

Can anyone with a track record of getting these right chime in on % chance probability of a Stern remake being:
Matrix
John Wick
Harry Potter
Pokemon
Magic the gathering
Radio head
Heman MOTU

Curious if there is any chance now that spooky is doing Looney Tunes Stern might pick out another smash hit like the Simpsons pin in a modern Japanese Anime just thinking out loud.

#45286 69 days ago
Quoted from spectrum-1980s:

I heard gomez future game possibility (chips) the old police show

Hopefully not the 2017 Dax Shepard film

#45287 69 days ago
Quoted from Requis:

Can anyone with a track record of getting these right chime in on % chance probability of a Stern remake being:
Matrix
John Wick
Harry Potter
Pokemon
Magic the gathering
Radio head
Heman MOTU
Curious if there is any chance now that spooky is doing Looney Tunes Stern might pick out another smash hit like the Simpsons pin in a modern Japanese Anime just thinking out loud.

Matrix & Harry Potter are 0% chance as JJP allegedly has those licensed.

#45288 69 days ago

LW3 is a great Pin

Could Stern Pinball Up the ante with LW5 ?

LW5 (resized).jpgLW5 (resized).jpg
#45289 69 days ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Matrix & Harry Potter are 0% chance as JJP allegedly has those licensed.

Yeah I'm guessing Eric has Matrix and Steve has Potter.
Could save JJP from going under ?

#45290 69 days ago
Quoted from Requis:

Matrix
John Wick
Harry Potter
Pokemon
Magic the gathering
Radio head
Heman MOTU

If Stern has John Wick has to be instant win !
I'm pumped for such a choice title !

#45291 69 days ago
Quoted from RA77:

Hagrid Ritchie2 (resized).pngHagrid Ritchie2 (resized).png
#45292 68 days ago

Was Stern ever interested in Potter or BTTF? Did they have the license or did it lapse due to being behind in production of back ordered games?

#45293 68 days ago
Quoted from RA77:

Could save JJP from going under ?

Apparently Eric nailed on for HP and Mark for Matrix as his first game. Just depends what order they come , a month or so ago I heard HP first now it feels more likely to be Matrix

#45294 68 days ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I believe they will revisit this now that PF is getting out.

#45295 68 days ago
Quoted from Collingwood2010:

New Pin? KISS after the final show has now happened after 50 years, Avatars to come. The Netflix documentary 'Shout it out Loud' coming. FF, IM is not even in the ballpark in design, gameplay etc IMO. KISS are hard to get in Mint Cond. Opinion please from the forum?

I can easily see Gene saying yes to another pin. Great game! 50th Ed.

#45296 68 days ago
Quoted from kool1:

John told me at Expo his game would be the star at Expo 2024

I think Borg should be coming up sooner than that in the line up. Borg loves doing music pins

#45297 68 days ago
Quoted from FalconDriver:

I can easily see Gene saying yes to another pin.

What!? Dude was agressively calling feminine hygene product manufacturers to get them on the license bandwagon. Like he's willing to take your call in the middle of the night ready for any way to license KISS. Dude has shannon tweed in his house and he cares for none of it as much as the next licensing deal.

#45298 68 days ago
FB_IMG_1708444591840 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1708444591840 (resized).jpg
#45299 68 days ago

I think, at this point, with any music/band theme they'd really have a tough time selling much. Maximum 500 LEs for hardcore collectors and about an equal amount of Premiums and Pros. I don't think any of the music titles will really drive traffic to a location.

I can name at least 50 bands that would probably do just as well as Journey which might sell as well as Rush. If Stern can make the numbers work they can keep pumping them out but with each new music title, the customer base gets diluted. There are plenty of people who won't buy more than one music pin. Once you've released their "favorite" it's going to be a challenge to get them to buy again.

#45300 68 days ago

“The Next Stern” better lower the number of LEs.

The “collector crowd” matters.

Great theme Jaws/Elwin combo and like previous releases, LEs available all over the place

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.50
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 80.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 16.50
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 16.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bay Area, CA
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 125.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
PINBALLPICKERS

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 21.50
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

There are 47,173 posts in this topic. You are on page 906 of 944.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/906?hl=knackers and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.