IMG_1953.gif
Joker (resized).png
IMG_1142 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240425_122724_Chrome (resized).jpg
kekw (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20220125-011842_Facebook (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240425_124423_Google (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 47,162 posts in this topic. You are on page 905 of 944.
#45201 73 days ago
Quoted from daveddd14:

You have to think Raw Thrills with CGC would work with QT again after PF right versus Stern?

Yeah. I know. But CGC is taking so long to get those PFs out. I still have yet to see or play one. After they are done with PF, maybe CGC makes more sure selling remakes like MM, AFM, MB. Or, they find they like making original machines and they go for making Kill Bill. We'll see.

#45202 73 days ago
Quoted from JToeps:

42 year old who has multiple machines, has an original Crystal cart, and two kids that are poke fanatics. In the market.

Same. 41 years old here, and I would consider Pokemon a dream theme. I’ll be all in on it.

#45203 73 days ago

New Pin? KISS after the final show has now happened after 50 years, Avatars to come. The Netflix documentary 'Shout it out Loud' coming. FF, IM is not even in the ballpark in design, gameplay etc IMO. KISS are hard to get in Mint Cond. Opinion please from the forum?

#45204 73 days ago
Quoted from BubbaPin:

no, there was two mario games.... three if you count mario andretti.

Your not allowed to acknowledge who made them because most everyone in this hobby is a stuck up for Williams/Bally

Mario world < the pin
Mushroom world (kitty redemption game).

But let's push out another uninspired fan layout and slap a paid theme onto it so we feel good about ourselves.

Maybe we can ask designers to create I dunno a "gold wings"/"tag team" style layout or is it too much to ask for something other than the stuff we are getting.

But let's not waste time on creativity when we can take the easy way out.

#45205 73 days ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Some people cant see beyond their immediate chess move as well.
I want my $10,000 toy to feel like it, not like it came from Target, just so Stern can keep raising prices while cutting corners.

Honestly, an LCD screen ain't adding much to the cost. I can go buy a 70" from Sam's right now for about $400.

The clips, assets, and man hours into the code to bring it all together into some semblance of a game might cost a little.

But yeah... Stern ain't losing any sleep over their bottom dollar by adding an LCD screen vs not.

#45206 73 days ago
Quoted from Bmad21:

(kitty redemption game).

D1636545-C7F6-46FE-8FC7-DA0CD76AD404 (resized).jpegD1636545-C7F6-46FE-8FC7-DA0CD76AD404 (resized).jpeg
#45207 73 days ago

I would say that’s a good prize

#45208 73 days ago
IMG_7807 (resized).jpegIMG_7807 (resized).jpeg
#45209 72 days ago
Quoted from Collingwood2010:

KISS are hard to get in Mint Cond.

'79 Bally? I have a mint condition (restored) Kiss with overlay. Beautiful. Make me an offer

#45210 72 days ago
Quoted from Collingwood2010:

Opinion please from the forum?

… I’m not sure if you want/like the ‘79, but the Stern’s 2015 is definitely an amazing game in my personal opinion (bolted at home, period!)

IMG_0185 (resized).jpegIMG_0185 (resized).jpeg

#45211 72 days ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

… I’m not sure if you want/like the ‘79, but the Stern’s 2015 is definitely an amazing game in my personal opinion (bolted at home, period!)
[quoted image]

Get a color dmd in that thing and it's even better

#45212 72 days ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Get a color dmd in that thing and it's even better

I’ll be damned…. Looks amazing, thanks!

#45213 72 days ago

Somebody is announcing The Princess Bride in a few days:

#45214 72 days ago

As seen in the grocery store today in South Carolina... The franchise is on the cover of Time and even the magazine opted to go for the "collect all four covers." Stern could easily do a limited run of each of the four cornerstone characters and they would sell.

Not my preferred theme but it does lend itself to pinball incredibly well. The pokeball, is... well, ball-shaped and hitting shots to collect different characters, completing battles to level up and evolve characters, and the idea of using insider connect to establish location pins as gyms is an absolute no brainer for leaderboard rankings. So much potential with insider, evolution, and gym/training. If they do build this, I hope they integrate these ideas. I'd be a limited contributor since I probably won't find one within 100 miles of Wyoming but it would still be fun to try on location.

20240215_114127 (resized).jpg20240215_114127 (resized).jpg
#45215 72 days ago
Quoted from Grantman:

Somebody is announcing The Princess Bride in a few days:

It has a topper in this silhouette. People say Multimorphic but have any of their modules come with a topper? The tag line is “the next chapter begins”. Who would be starting their next chapter? CGC with their own new titles? Seems fitting to announce since Pulp is already rolling down the line.

#45216 72 days ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

It has a topper in this silhouette. People say Multimorphic but have any of their modules come with a topper? The tag line is “the next chapter begins”. Who would be starting their next chapter? CGC with their own new titles? Seems fitting to announce since Pulp is already rolling down the line.

Barrels of Fun. Their next chapter after Labyrinth. The drop will also get people looking at Labyrinth again to finish up the sales run and sell the last few for production.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#45217 72 days ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

The weird al special edition had a topper.

#45218 72 days ago

Stern teasing X-Men 97

IMG_9425 (resized).jpegIMG_9425 (resized).jpeg
#45219 72 days ago

The voice acting is overall incredibly weak. Boo.

#45220 72 days ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Sounds about the same as the original show to me, I didn't mind it then

#45221 72 days ago

This isn’t happening. Sorry.

#45222 72 days ago
Quoted from NunoDirector:

Stern teasing X-Men 97
[quoted image]

Stern makes comments all over social media related to properties they have done in the past and present. Means nothing.

#45223 72 days ago
Quoted from SimplePin:

I'm one of those people. A pinball machine is a certain shape and a certain weight and...

So all your machines weigh the same? An EM is the same as a modern Stern? Wow... just wow.

#45224 72 days ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Cyclops sounds right.... Wolverine sounds like utter garbage.
Not enough other voices to really judge, hope they get Rouge right.

The animation is a B.... not equal to the original, but not bad.
The real problem is Disney-Marvel will screw it up for sure. Everything they touch is a woke mess.
Cash in and destroy a good product from the past = that's the business model.

#45225 72 days ago
Quoted from FinnThelonious:

Sounds about the same as the original show to me, I didn't mind it then

But how old were you 27 years ago? Kids forgive a lot in entertainment.

#45226 72 days ago
Quoted from kermit24:

This isn’t happening. Sorry.

No need for apologies. It's a recent rumor surprise that I didn't expect nor want, given the last X-Men outing.

#45227 72 days ago

x-men animation and voice work was never that great.

Batman on the other hand…..

I think the theme is fine though, let’s see how the layout comes together. I see combo powers working together in the trailer (gambit charging wolverine’s claws) maybe it will be a center point on the game.

#45228 72 days ago
Quoted from PinStalker:

The real problem is Disney-Marvel will screw it up for sure. Everything they touch is a woke mess.

Umm you do realize what x-men is about right?

I’m sure you’ll find someway to blame Disney for its messaging of racial inclusivity and fighting authoritarianism to protect the rights of a small group that the majority fears because they are different.

#45229 72 days ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

Who would be starting their next chapter? CGC with their own new titles?

So CGC announcing on Feb 19, 2024 and game shipping possibly Feb 2029. Ya, sounds about right.

#45230 72 days ago
Quoted from Zen_Monkey:

Umm you do realize what x-men is about right?
I’m sure you find someway to blame Disney for its messaging of racial inclusivity and fighting authoritarianism to protect the rights of a small group that the majority fears because they are different.

At least you didnt disagree that box office returns are way off. Lots of reasons for sure!

#45231 72 days ago

So if there’s a blue light special between now and the summer cornerstone (I’m guessing that will be MET kicking off Spike3), I think it will be something out of left field. I’d bet GZ75 will be the buffer between summer CS and Pokémon in the Fall. The next game is very intriguing with all the info we got from GG himself. I’m thinking it’s the perfect spot for a remade Spike pin. Any guesses?

#45232 72 days ago
Quoted from Roostking:

At least you didnt disagree that box office returns are way off. Lots of reasons for sure!

Everyone can look in and see whatever fits their narrative. To me, it's pretty clearly Endgame ended that entire Avengers storyline and there's nothing left.
Avenger Girls? No one cares. Quantumania? no one cares.

As to this I don't know what the hell an Xmen 97 is. If it's Elwin i'll always give it a chance but another comic book collection from him seems boring; don't need another 2d fighting meter game.

Quoted from PinStalker:

Cash in and destroy a good product from the past = that's the business model.

That's literally EVERYONE'S business model.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#45233 72 days ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

My buddy is in the voice cast. I'm excited to see where it goes

Quoted from TheLaw:

To me, it's pretty clearly Endgame ended that entire Avengers storyline and there's nothing left.

Agreed. There could have been a chance for a good, new story if they didn't put all the trash out to just produce volume for streaming, but they NAILED it in that Thanos era and should have left it dormant a while and put together a good, cohesive story for the next wave. A quality movie or 2 for the last few years would have been SO much better than every little piece of trash they have been putting out (with a small group of exceptions). Hard to find Marvel content worth watching these days. Derailed a bit there, but passion runs deep lol.

#45234 72 days ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:So if there’s a blue light special between now and the summer cornerstone (I’m guessing that will be MET kicking off Spike3), I think it will be something out of left field. I’d bet GZ75 will be the buffer between summer CS and Pokémon in the Fall. The next game is very intriguing with all the info we got from GG himself. I’m thinking it’s the perfect spot for a remade Spike pin. Any guesses?

Didn’t Gomez say something about ghost busters being one of the easier ones to re-release? The history of the designer put aside I don’t think he would comment like that if it wasn’t a posisbility.

Is there any solid rumors on pokémon or is it just wishful thinking? It still seems to be a stretch to me, i would think Wick would be a summer or fall release.

#45235 72 days ago
Quoted from Zen_Monkey:

Didn’t Gomez say something about ghost busters being one of the easier ones to re-release? The history of the designer put aside I don’t think he would comment like that if it wasn’t a posisbility.
Is there any solid rumors on pokémon or is it just wishful thinking? It still seems to be a stretch to me, i would think Wick would be a summer or fall release.

Nothing solid on Pokémon but it seems a no brainer for Team Danger. When there’s this much chatter and it keeps up it’s almost a given. Wick seemed to have died down.

#45236 72 days ago

https://www.knapparcade.org/post/more-smoke-for-the-stern-pinball-is-making-an-x-men-97-pinball-machine

The X-Men arcade game may have been my first exposure to the IP. I still remember a number of the horribly great callouts. Would love to have them used/recreated as Easter eggs in a pin

NU-THING MOVES THE BLOB

Welcome... TO DIE!

Go and rescue Kitty from the cave

#45237 72 days ago
Quoted from dapperdan24:

My buddy is in the voice cast. I'm excited to see where it goes

As long as he's not Wolverine, the standout terrible voice in that short trailer, you can still be friends.

#45238 72 days ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Nothing solid on Pokémon but it seems a no brainer for Team Danger. When there’s this much chatter and it keeps up it’s almost a given. Wick seemed to have died down.

I can’t argue danger and pokemon would be a great fit, I just don’t see nintendo licensing pokemon. I know they are pushing out a lot more mario stuff, lego’s, kids games but this sure feels like a pipe dream(pun intended).

Jaws, foo fighters, venom where a forgone conclusion before they came out Pokemon doesn’t feel that way to me but I’m happy to be wrong

#45239 72 days ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

As long as he's not Wolverine, the standout terrible voice in that short trailer, you can still be friends.

lol, i’m not worried, I’m sure you’ll just resample the audio for us using your Jaws trick

#45240 72 days ago
Quoted from qbass187:

BINGO! I've been saying the same thing for a while.
SO what's the scuttlebutt on the next music pin? Is it Ozzy?

I think Borg is up next. Elwin (Jaws), Eddy (Venom), Danger (Foo Fighters). It makes sense to be Borg. Unless Gomez is back in the game

#45241 72 days ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Same voice actor as the original series which was fine, but I think Steve Blum has done it better in more recent versions of the character.

#45242 72 days ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

But that theme song is an absolute banger

#45243 72 days ago

Is Tony Hawk/ bones brigade still in the running…..

#45244 72 days ago

Much rather have that, than a new Metallica..

#45245 72 days ago

I’m still super excited about the dmd remasters
TRON, LOTR, Iron Man? Let’s gooooooooo!

#45246 72 days ago

A pinball grinding some handrails! Hell yeah!

IMG_5110 (resized).jpegIMG_5110 (resized).jpeg
#45247 72 days ago
Quoted from Rizmo:

I think Borg is up next. Elwin (Jaws), Eddy (Venom), Danger (Foo Fighters). It makes sense to be Borg. Unless Gomez is back in the game

Or George.

#45248 72 days ago

I would love if Borg got his shot to redeem on Raiders!

#45249 72 days ago

Hopefully George updates another classic Stern

#45250 72 days ago
Quoted from SimplePin:

'79 Bally? I have a mint condition (restored) Kiss with overlay. Beautiful. Make me an offer

I’m going to steal the thechakapakuni2 Kiss ‘79 Bally very soon

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 7.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Virginia Beach, VA
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

4,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Balt, MD
$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Knoxville, TN
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 53.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 74.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 32.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

7,150 (OBO)
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 47,162 posts in this topic. You are on page 905 of 944.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/905 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.