IMG_1953.gif
Joker (resized).png
IMG_1142 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240425_122724_Chrome (resized).jpg
kekw (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20220125-011842_Facebook (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240425_124423_Google (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 47,173 posts in this topic. You are on page 767 of 944.
#38301 9 months ago

A venom game where your trying to kill spider-man….. Forget the superhero version of Venom….

#38302 9 months ago

So, you play as the Symbiote “Venom”
You have
Iron Man
Spider-Man
Hulk
Cpt America

As your characters.

“We Are Venom” versus Carnage & Anti-Venom

This is what I have gathered from the various posts here. With some guesses thrown in lol

#38303 9 months ago
Quoted from Apollo18:

So, you play as the Symbiote “Venom”
You have
Iron Man
Spider-Man
Hulk
Cpt America
As your characters.
“We Are Venom” versus Carnage & Anti-Venom
This is what I have gathered from the various posts here. With some guesses thrown in lol

Maybe you gotta venomize the good guys to your side, take on the big bad villains.

#38304 9 months ago

Is this the part where we convince ourselves we have wanted Venom all along?

#38305 9 months ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

Haha, I’ve been on the Venom hype train since the rumored Comic Con release last year. Had to sweat through Ozzy rumors, followed by a Bond fiasco and then Foo Fighters, which may be well liked but just did nothing for me

But yes, based on the majority of this thread over the last year, I’ll be one of roughly 25 Venom owners when it is finally released

#38306 9 months ago

Zombie Yeti on Venom artwork so it should look amazing, layout is supposed to be very cool, im excited for this one, love the theme, love ZY, just hope Eddy brings a killer layout with it.

#38307 9 months ago

Yeti artwork is too busy for my tastes. I like Eddy and Dwight though.

#38308 9 months ago

Yeti artwork is too busy for my tastes. I like Eddy and Dwight though.

Martinez (Mando) is supposed to be on Elwins next game (JAWS?) that should be coming beginning of 2024, if Sterns release schedule mimics past years.

#38309 9 months ago

Wondering if Brian Eddy will be adding projection mapping technology to Venom’s design. On STh the game launched with six issues. That included poor lighting from projector and almost zero code controlling it. But now he has experience with it. Eddy also oversaw use of UV ink on playfield in conjunction with UV during Upside Down mode. It is a pretty good bet that UV will be used on Venom. What do you think?

#38310 9 months ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Wondering if Brian Eddy will be adding projection mapping technology to Venom’s design. On STh the game launched with six issues. That included poor lighting from projector and almost zero code controlling it. But now he has experience with it. Eddy also oversaw use of UV ink on playfield in conjunction with UV during Upside Down mode. It is a pretty good bet that UV will be used on Venom. What do you think?

IMG_1273 (resized).jpegIMG_1273 (resized).jpeg
#38311 9 months ago

I was thinking the same!

#38312 9 months ago

#38313 9 months ago

Some of us are just in "wait and see mode". No real need to have extreme reactions either way with so little info yet.

#38314 9 months ago

Maybe folks like to learn about a game and actually then see it before they actually decide.

#38315 9 months ago

Just talking theme. I know alot of people buy new Sterns regardless of theme and those will probably not end up staying alot of times. I don't like moving games into and out of my arcade especially at new Stern prices so I won't consider a new Stern unless I love the theme. I really wish Cobra Kai/Karate Kid was happening.

#38316 9 months ago

Just talking theme. I know alot of people buy new Sterns regardless of theme and those will probably not end up staying alot of times. I don't like moving games into and out of my arcade especially at new Stern prices so I won't consider a new Stern unless I love the theme. I really wish Cobra Kai/Karate Kid was happening.

How about some Enter the Dragon first .

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#38317 9 months ago

Well if we can’t have Cobra Kai we can at least have Kobra Khan.

IMG_9246 (resized).jpegIMG_9246 (resized).jpeg
#38318 9 months ago

I was just watching that interview myself with Elwin myself - lot of great discussion points with him. Do I detect a hint his next design could be single level, or perhaps just more old school, or am I reading too much into his comment regarding the style of Bond 60th? Perhaps he just meant way down the line...

EDIT: Rewatching it, Keith was saying he has some new thoughts on keeping a game a fun party game that doesn't have extreme ball times yet isn't just brutally hard. He also later mentions tweaking the Italian bottom format - his next title will have "non-symetrical inlanes - one of them is very different from the other ". Cool

#38319 9 months ago

Why don’t you (or anyone else) like IJ 4? I like it more than IJ 2 or 3.

This is crazy talk. 3 is almost as good as 1.

#38320 9 months ago
Quoted from PinKopf:

I was just watching that interview myself with Elwin myself - lot of great discussion points with him. Do I detect a hint his next design could be single level, or perhaps just more old school, or am I reading too much into his comment regarding the style of Bond 60th? Perhaps he just meant way down the line...

I'd like to see KME apply himself to a split level.
He could make something totally radical.

I know KME is a pro player and probably sees little to no value in an extra pf.

Never say never

#38321 9 months ago
Quoted from RA77:

I'd like to see KME apply himself to a split level.
He could make something totally radical.
I know KME is a pro player and probably sees little to no value in an extra pf.
Never say never

Jaws needs 3 levels .

#38322 9 months ago
Quoted from Xaqery:

This is crazy talk. 3 is almost as good as 1.

Dwight! I dunno if you heard...we would really like a new BTTF pin! With you on code!

#38323 9 months ago

If I recall, not too many were particularly enthused about FF either pre-reveal. It’s all about execution.

#38324 9 months ago

Don’t love Keith talking about single level games in this interview. Would prefer to get a full-featured Jaws and not some super-shallow Bond 60th thing.

#38325 9 months ago

Awesome show. Thanks for posting the link!

#38326 9 months ago
Quoted from Pinbarclay:

Don’t love Keith talking about single level games in this interview. Would prefer to get a full-featured Jaws and not some super-shallow Bond 60th thing.

Like Elwin would listen to some dude on Pinside hiding behind an avatar... There are plenty of same old same old.. He wants to do things differently and I want him to do that too. He loves Bond60 and so do I.

#38327 9 months ago

I wonder if venom will take over sometimes, like if it has the phantom flip from Monster Bash.

#38328 9 months ago
Quoted from J85M:

Zombie Yeti on Venom artwork so it should look amazing, layout is supposed to be very cool, im excited for this one, love the theme, love ZY, just hope Eddy brings a killer layout with it.

Open minded as I remember the negativity when it was mentioned a year or so ago that Stern had FF in the pipeline!

I think with the characters it has in the game, Venom could be another sleeper.

For me depends on the sound package as found Avengers uninspiring.

If it has Ozzy tracks, watch Pinside do another U-turn

#38329 9 months ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Open minded as I remember the negativity when it was mentioned a year or so ago that Stern had FF in the pipeline!
I think with the characters it has in the game, Venom could be another sleeper.
For me depends on the sound package as found Avengers uninspiring.
If it has Ozzy tracks, watch Pinside do another U-turn

Oh man, if that game is a Venom theme with a whole catalogue of Ozzy tracks.....

#38330 9 months ago

Keith: Says he likes drop targets

Pinside: "OMG his next game is definitely nothing but 50 drops, not even flippers! He should go back to making real games that the public wants!"

#38331 9 months ago

This guy gets it.

#38332 9 months ago

Might be just me on my own with this title but anything comic/superhero related is of big interest in my house for me and my kids.

Just as long as it’s not based on the god awful movies, especially the second one, that’s a stinker!

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#38333 9 months ago
Quoted from PinKopf:

EDIT: Rewatching it, Keith was saying he has some new thoughts on keeping a game a fun party game that doesn't have extreme ball times yet isn't just brutally hard. He also later mentions tweaking the Italian bottom format - his next title will have "non-symetrical inlanes - one of them is very different from the other ". Cool

I keep saying i won’t be surprised if jaws is a single level and more of a classic design. The theme fits a more vintage style. I want more of a jurassic park story progression game but in Elwin I trust what ever he wants to do I’m happy to play lol

#38334 9 months ago
Quoted from J85M:

Might be just me on my own with this title but anything comic/superhero related is of big interest in my house for me and my kids.
Just as long as it’s not based on the god awful movies, especially the second one, that’s a stinker!

And no Ozzy, would be totally extraneous. Let the pin stand on its own

#38335 9 months ago

I just want this game to look real cool and play even better . 10 days homies

#38336 9 months ago
Quoted from Zen_Monkey:

I keep saying i won’t be surprised if jaws is a single level and more of a classic design. The theme fits a more vintage style. I want more of a jurassic park story progression game but in Elwin I trust what ever he wants to do I’m happy to play lol

To say any theme deserves a single level basic playfield on an older title or even a new retro title is just stupid .! Ok ?

We are all dishing out tons of money and we want deep finished code and cool inter grated mechs …. Even if it was an old hawai 5 -o pin I would want it to be big bold and deep with loads of stuff and would not expect less if they think I’m going to spend over 6 k on a pinball machine

#38337 9 months ago
Quoted from PinFever:

To say any theme deserves a single level basic playfield on an older title or even a new retro title is just stupid .! Ok ?
We are all dishing out tons of money and we want deep finished code and cool inter grated mechs …. Even if it was an old hawai 5 -o pin I would want it to be big bold and deep with loads of stuff and would not expect less if they think I’m going to spend over 6 k on a pinball machine

Pulp fiction, Bond 60 and Haggis would argue otherwise.

#38338 9 months ago
Quoted from Zen_Monkey:

Pulp fiction, Bond 60 and Haggis would argue otherwise.

All of those are TINY sales relative to the general market. There's a place for that, but it's a niche of a niche and not a cornerstone-level title that will sell thousands.

#38339 9 months ago
Quoted from mbl1116:

If the rumors are true, it seems like a lot to have Yeti, McFarlane, Ozzy, in addition to a great design and coding team? Maybe that’s the idea, throw everything AND the kitchen sink in there. If true, that’s cool…but there damn well better be some Ghost Rider in the game somewhere.

#38340 9 months ago
Quoted from MasterBlaster:

If the rumors are true, it seems like a lot to have Yeti, McFarlane, Ozzy, in addition to a great design and coding team? Maybe that’s the idea, throw everything AND the kitchen sink in there. If true, that’s cool…but there damn well better be some Ghost Rider in the game somewhere.

The Ozzy/McFarlane rumors came bc they shared a booth with Stern at last year's ComicCon. My understanding was that McFarlane illustrated a comic for Ozzys newest album

Obviously McFarlane has illustrated Venom comics, and there's a Crazy Train variant in one of the recent Venom movies, so I think it kind of all got mashed up

Very likely it's just a comic themed Venom w/ ZY art and no other connection

#38341 9 months ago

Single levels forever!

They should retheme Bond 60 into a Jaws SLE. Change oddjobs hat to a fishing reel, yellow barrel inline drop targets, spell JAWS and EAT for locks and scoring features, etc

#38342 9 months ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Single levels forever!
They should retheme Bond 60 into a Jaws SLE. Change oddjobs hat to a fishing reel, yellow barrel inline drop targets, spell JAWS and EAT for locks and scoring features, etc

Raise the price while they are at it too

#38343 9 months ago
Quoted from mbl1116:

The Ozzy/McFarlane rumors came bc they shared a booth with Stern at last year's ComicCon. My understanding was that McFarlane illustrated a comic for Ozzys newest album
Obviously McFarlane has illustrated Venom comics, and there's a Crazy Train variant in one of the recent Venom movies, so I think it kind of all got mashed up
Very likely it's just a comic themed Venom w/ ZY art and no other connection

I mean, Todd created Venom, so....

#38344 9 months ago
Quoted from Capn12:

He didn’t actually create him he just drew him for a bit

#38345 9 months ago
Quoted from Joshhardy23:

I mean, he and Michelinie technically did. Unless there is some conspiracy theory I'm not aware of, like the fan who dreamt up a black costume Spiderman. I'd love to hear other opinions on who created Venom, then.

#38346 9 months ago
Quoted from Capn12:

Quoted from Joshhardy23:

He is one of the people credited with venom's creation but my overall point is that I don't think Ozzie is involved with this pin. We'll see in about 10 days

#38347 9 months ago
Quoted from mbl1116:

He is one of the people credited with venom's creation but my overall point is that I don't think Ozzie is involved with this pin. We'll see in about 10 days

Yeah, got off on a tangent. I'm ready for the teaser of whatever we have coming.

#38348 9 months ago
Quoted from mbl1116:

Let’s REALLY start the conspiracy rumor mill going and say that OZZIE created Venom.

#38349 9 months ago
Quoted from MasterBlaster:

Let’s REALLY start the conspiracy rumor mill going and say that OZZIE created Venom.

Ozzie who?

Ozzy_tattoo_2753392k (resized).jpgOzzy_tattoo_2753392k (resized).jpg
#38350 9 months ago
Quoted from mbl1116:

I would prefer no Ozzy just not a fan of his music, not really into Rock, Heavy Metal etc beyond the odd catchy tune I like.

Just give me Venom and lots of it, Spidey cameo, Carnage is a must, add in battles a little like Deadpool, Riot, Scream, the more symbiotes the better. Tonnes of possibilities with the licence.

Ozzy would be better off having his own game, Sterns take on an Alice Cooper horror type release, with UV ink would be pretty sweet even for people like me who are not fans.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 499.00
$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 240.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Mariposa, CA
Machine - For Sale
Corbin, KY
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 91.00
$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Drumstarr mods

$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 80.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

There are 47,173 posts in this topic. You are on page 767 of 944.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/767 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.