balls...gif
balls..gif
IMG_4484 (resized).jpeg
Disney boy Seth Davis (resized).jpeg
Backinblack (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #33984 Stern's new factory information Posted by Grantman (1 year ago)

Post #36014 TRAILER: Foo Fighters Pin teaser trailer Posted by Yoko2una (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jackg.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#22858 2 years ago

For Disney, I'd be down for Wreck It Ralph and all the callbacks to the classic arcade games.

#22948 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Yeah, but your dealer doesn’t seem to care so why continue to give him your business?
Not everything will sell out immediately forever. Can’t understand why your dealer wouldn’t want to keep you happy for the long term.

Absolutely. Time for a new distributor. Call around. Tell them you’ve bought the last 9 premiums but can’t get on the list for the LE. If your dealer isn’t taking care of you then don’t give them business.

#22952 2 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Thanks I appreciate the help

You can also try telling a distributor that you'll pay over MSRP if you want an LE that bad. Money always talks.

#23077 2 years ago

If they’re doing a Marvel villain pin, I’d definitely buy a Loki pin.

2 weeks later
#23481 2 years ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

I wonder who the designer will be? Maybe Elwin? If Elwin does a game every three releases, and the next three are Rush, Venom, FF in that order... wouldn't that mean Elwin is working on FF?
Man I hope so...

I thought Foo Fighters is just gonna be the next music release. Doesn't that mean one of the other heavily rumored pins: Back to the Future, Bond, Jaws, etc, could come before FF. So Elwin could do that cornerstone and then Borg would be on FF. Or if they put Danger in the cornerstone mix, he might be on FF?

#23577 2 years ago

David Bowie music themed pin would be pretty amazing. Even just a Ziggy Stardust pin.

#23619 2 years ago

It's a Wonderful Life!!!!

#23694 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I would like to see a music pin with music from a lot of different bands .
You could pick whatever music genre you want or whatever concert event .
[quoted image][quoted image]

It would be cool if you had a music themed pin, like Rock Band or Guitar Hero, and to get around licensing, you could connect your phone or laptop and add songs from your playlist, so you could make the pin any type of music you want, and could change it every game to whatever you're vibing on.

1 month later
#24782 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Bad photoshop job but as for Venom I doubt it will have movie assets as it’s based around the comic book style of Venom.
Which gives it the chance to be a much better game, Carnage can appear along with other Symbiotes like Riot, Scream, Knull, lady-venom as well as maybe an appearance from Spider-Man.
Use a few of the animated voice actors for venom and the Symbiotes and it will certainly sound good!
Seems a no brainer to have venom guiding the player and telling them what to shoot and do in the game, could be very cool having the game sound and interactive with the player giving them direct instructions and advice.
“We must shoot the left ramp” “that super jackpot is ours” “jackpot! Maybe you humans are not so useless after all” perfect theme integration.

If this is the pin, this would be one of the few LEs I would go for! Also, would be cool if there were phantom flips involved where Venom took control of the machine. There's lots of opportunity. If it's movie assets, then I'm out. I'll just play it on location.

1 week later
#25105 2 years ago

Pokémon would be the most sought after pin of all time. As long as it plays well any person of any age would love it. I never got into it until Pokémon Go came out. My son loved it so I started playing with him. For a couple years up until the pandemic we’d use the weekend to visit different parks, go on hikes and catch pokemons. It was a lot of quality time. If there were IC that had rare Pokémon in different locations like they did with Go. And every time you play you caught new Pokémon and were able to evolve it like in Go, then I could finally get my son into pinball and spend the weekends traveling around to different locations with him. It would be hard to license and tough to code IC, but that’s an op dream pin. And every year you could update code to a new generation of Pokémon like they did with Go. Also when I played Go, there were people of all ages walking around and catching them. Plus since it’s at locations, they could even crossover to put Go locations with special features like rare Pokémon nests where pins are which could drive an entirely new audience to the hobby and drive new people to locations with pins. I’d probably get hooked on Go again.

#25162 2 years ago

Don’t think Stern would do it, but I’d love to see a pin based on The Warriors. Have the DJ guiding you where to shoot.

#25173 2 years ago
Quoted from Hoteldrummer:

Oh man, can you imagine? The Wall would make such an incredible theme!

You could probably retheme Stranger Things as Pink Floyd, or is having a literal Wall in the middle of the playfield too on the nose, lol?

I'd be down with Pink Floyd, David Bowie (Ziggy Stardust), or Radiohead, maybe even Smashing Pumpkins. The music would be great, but I think you need to bring in the projector and lasers (ala the laser canon mod on STTNG) to really make those pins an experience.

#25221 2 years ago

What's the likelihood Stern would hire Todd McFarlane to do the art for Venom?

1 week later
#25355 2 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Next Stern Pin due out 14 May!
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

This coincides with what we've heard from distributors on what Stern has on the line. There seems to be nothing scheduled for May. So there could be an announcement in April, then build and ship in May. Maybe Venom out in May, the Bond in Summer, and next Elwin in the Fall for Christmas sales again, maybe September rollout like AIQ and Godzilla.

Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

If you want to include BM66, and Elvira, do you include The Beatles?

I'd be interested in seeing those dates. There might be another special theme with the rumored Bond.

At any rate, thanks for putting together those dates. It's all speculative fun.

#25385 2 years ago

Venom is code word for Cobra. And the next pin is G.I. Joe.

#25466 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Are they running DP pros or premium?

In July, they have both scheduled at this time.

1 week later
#25622 2 years ago
Quoted from aamauzy:

I'm new to following Stern releases as they are announced and resolve. I've seen a couple different release styles mentioned, such as "kapow" and "cornerstone" and "home" (this one is obvious). Is there a breakdown somewhere of all of these different release styles and what they entail? What the differences in the styles are? Is it purely manufacturing numbers or is there more to it?

Kapow are big licenses that Joe Kaminkow helps obtain and partners up with Stern. Like Batman 66 and Beatles. These pins cost a little more and don't have Pro models.

Cornerstone are the main releases with Pro, Premium and LE versions.

Home pin is a less pricey version of a license for home use only.

Vault is a pin that has been archived for years, and then Stern re-releases them for a special run.

#25655 2 years ago
Quoted from Xelz:

The more I think about it, the more I'd love a new Indiana Jones pin. The original Pinball Adventure is a classic, but it's hard to find in the wild (at least for me anyway). And I'd love to see what Elwin (or Meunier) could do with the theme.
Sadly, I doubt this is on anyone's production plan.

Call a distributor and get your name on the list. I love Indiana Jones as well, so have myself on the list.

#25659 2 years ago
Quoted from mbl1116:

Wait, is another IJ coming or can you just call up a distributor and get on a list for anything you can dream up?

Yes, anything you might possibly want you can ask your distributor to reserve. I know some people had Rush on reserve for years.

#25676 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

You can focus on the first but I think to be ideal it needs to use assets from all three.

Agreed. Plus, for the LE, don't you want it to be the Delorean and have the side armor as stainless steel?

#25744 2 years ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

Wow...no new Stern releases until August. They will be working on backordered pins. Which is good for sure. Boring times ahead for pinball news it would seem.

Was there a press release I missed?

#25746 2 years ago
Quoted from tlsbryan:

I received the same message from my Stern rep.

That's amazing. It would be so nice to get the pins I have on backorder!!!

#25817 2 years ago

All these Bond buyers are gonna be pretty disappointed when it's Moonraker and a retheme of Orbitor 1.

#25832 2 years ago
Quoted from radium:

A separate poll already determined it wouldn’t be awesome

Lmmfao!
Edit - seriously, I LOL'd. I'd upvote this a dozen times if I could.

I'm dying. Funniest thing I've read on Pinside. Thanks radium

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#25848 2 years ago
Quoted from KadeP:

Please give me a McFarlane drawn comic Venom Stern. FTFY

Or a McFarlane backglass and cabinet art on the LE. That would really make it special. I love Zombie Yeti, though. I'm in for an LE no matter what.

1 week later
#25945 2 years ago
Quoted from Zartan:

That just proves Jaws is code for BTTF!

Jaws was code for Jurassic Park.

BTTF is code for Jaws.

Van Halen or Huey Lewis or Johnny B Goode will be code for BTTF.

But when are they going to make The Goonies, which was code for Stranger Things?

3 weeks later
#26118 2 years ago

It might be James Bond. This is the 60 year anniversary of the franchise. They can roll out their 200 60th anniversary Bond pins for 25k each.

#26122 2 years ago
Quoted from Grantman:

I'm surprised that it wasn't done for the 50th anniversary. Now for the 60th anniversary is their last chance with the first 6 Bonds (Connery, Lazenby, Moore, Dalton, Brosnan and Craig). Yes, I hope that they are all represented (a Daniel Craig/No Time to Die-specific pin would disappoint a lot of fans). Ideally all 25 movies would be incorporated somehow.

Yes, would be great to have all the Bonds. There's so many great clips. I don't think anyone would care if there was a mishmosh of Bonds. Transcend the individual films and pay homage to the franchise.

2 weeks later
#26420 1 year ago

Seems like there are going to be more Disney pins, including Marvel, and more Rock pins for the foreseeable future. But some other IP in there as well.

#26429 1 year ago
Quoted from Days:

people are not yet tired of comics super heros pins? :/
Specially non charismatic ones like the fantastic 4....
There is way better stuff than Marvel and DC, etc...

I'm down with more Marvel. Love those pins. I own X-Men, and have AIQ and Deadpool on the way. I love to play Iron Man and Spider-Man, and might try to get one of those again in the future.

The rumored Brian Eddy Venom pin sounds like it could be really fun.

I'd love a multiverse pin - whether Spider-Man, Loki or Dr. Strange. Really could be great. It'd be cool if they switched up the designers and had Jack Danger do a Marvel pin.

1 week later
#26548 1 year ago
Quoted from Spiderwolf:

I like the foo fighters. Not a huge fan, but I do like a number of their songs. And you left out their best ones. The ones you listed I just don't see them making a pin from those. No real standouts for me. And even the ones I listed which I think are their best ones don't really make a pin either.
Wheels
Learn to fly
Something from Nothing
Big Me
Long Road To Ruin
Making A Fire
Times Like These
Darling Nikki

How did you both leave out “Best of you”?

1 week later
#26582 1 year ago
Quoted from PinStalker:

I wonder too..... if they are trying to clear the backlog, then wouldn't you sell something not expected to be a blockbuster?
But then again.... they already missed a release this year...... do you need to release a blockbuster to make up for the sales of the missed title?
Not sure what the answer is......

Whatever Stern releases is going to be another blockbuster with a large backlog. They didn't miss any sales. If they would have released a new pin, they would have missed sales on their backlog orders for buyers who drop out and get in line for the new titles. Whichever pin they decide to release in August will most likely be the pin they can produce without a parts shortage.

4 weeks later
#27177 1 year ago

Hmmm...wonder if we see a Sonic pin sooner than expected. This is awesome! A Sonic pin would essentially be impossible for me to resist.

So @crujones4life, if you had to choose between BTTF and Sonic, which would you choose?

3 months later
#31678 1 year ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

Godzilla - September 14, 2021 - TUESDAY
A:IQ - Sep 2, 2020 - wednesday... what!? certainly a fluke

So the past 2 "August" cornerstones were released in September. Why don't they just call this the September cornerstone?

I'm guessing Sept 13 is when we get the official announcement, pics and videos.

#31828 1 year ago

Seeing Spooky's TNA cost, anyone thinking that we'll see a price increase with the cornerstone release?

Especially since they're cleaning out inventory this month with final runs of SW, TMNT and LZ. Looks like they are in line to only do pins at a price increase.

#31834 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Confirmed no price increase this time around, and it ought to stay that way. You hear me garrrrrrryyyyy?!

Think I'd better stock up then before I get priced out.

#32110 1 year ago

Really looking forward to Bond. Would be great if it has deep code like Batman 66 with tons of side missions featuring bond villains and load up on gadgets and place them like the infinity stones on AIQ. Lots of potential and Gomez designs always play well. He’s great at effectively layering games with toys and fun at half the BOM of other pins. Maybe this will be like Deadpool and the Pro might be as amazing as the premium.

#32208 1 year ago
Quoted from GravitaR:

Another game may get the LCD screen treatement as a vault. Stay Tuned.

TSPP and LOTR could use an update with the LCD screen. Both would be amazing. But is Stern going to make a vault? They have such a large backlog.

#32216 1 year ago
Quoted from John1210:

The dmd to lcd conversions will never happen. Not a viable business option by any stretch. New IP additions license renewals revised translite art etc, callouts and code changes.... the list goes on. Lesson was learned with spiderman thinking money would be saved with production given the game was already designed etc. It just didn't work, and that was without lcd upgrade costs.
Another game with lcd treatment? We havent seen the 1st one yet and there is a good reason why $$$

If this is true, then doesn’t make any sense that Stern would vault any pin with a DMD. Likely they won’t vault a pin they retired less than a year ago so probably won’t see a vault in the next few years. George Gomez did say on a podcast that the conversion to lcd from dmd is the same time frame as designing a cornerstone or something like that. So not sure we’ll see another vault in the next few years.

#32412 1 year ago
Quoted from jjga:

What do we think the pricing will be for theses machines?

Rumor was Elvira premium would be 10k this year, so that might be the norm for prem. I guess it will be 10k by Christmas

#32514 1 year ago
Quoted from Billygrippo:

Only way to keep pricing “normal” would be a pac where folks halt buying for 6 months or so…… but that’s not gonna happen, so let’s enjoy giving our money away!

I think that would more likely than put pinball companies out of business. Everything is going up during inflation. I just got notice that hulu is increasing its price and they definitely don’t have a parts shortage.

1 month later
#33655 1 year ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Another idea I had for possible themes is incorporating the rest of the Universal Monsters as individual pins. We have Monster Bash and CFTBL but so many more gems that can be put into production.
Bring on Dracula, Frankenstein, The Invisible Man, The Mummy, The Wolfman,etc. (Would actually prefer classic Williams style with stainless steel trim, etc.) I am now day dreaming the possibilities
[quoted image][quoted image]

There's BSD and MSF, so technically you have Dracula and Frankenstein taken care of. If there were a Bride of Frankenstein, Mummy and Wolfman pin, then you'd really get the band together with your lineup.

Although, I'd rather have King Kong to sit next to Godzilla. Takes up less space lol.

8 months later
#38167 8 months ago
Quoted from acupunk12:

What is your problem? You know nothing about me? Would you have the balls to say this to my face? What a fucking pathetic creature you are. Like pinball is something you need a masters degree in. Seriously? Taking the time to investigate my pinside membership? Get a life.

I’m pretty sure Thunderbird is talking about Seth Davis here and liked your comment. Or am I reading that wrong?

#38170 8 months ago
Quoted from acupunk12:

If I’m wrong then that’s on me but it doesn’t come across like that

Seth Davis is the reason Stern is raising prices though, right?

#38171 8 months ago
Quoted from acupunk12:

No he’s shit talking me.

Read it again with Seth Davis instead of the pronoun “he”. Makes more sense.

#38257 8 months ago

Next pin is Venom and you will all have fomo for it. My guess is teaser announcement on 7/11. Game reveal 7/18. Live stream from deadflip on 7/21 and from comic con that weekend. Venom’s the theme but will have spider verse in it. Probably some fun web slinging mech. Will be Pinside number one game for a week after all the owners pump the ratings. Then everyone will forget about it when Elwin’s Jaws comes out.

#38259 8 months ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

Sales are cooling down and people are feeling burned on putting deposits down for MSRP and waiting and then finding out distributors are starting to have plenty of stock of everything...

The only thing cooling down is the secondary market and not by much. Once pins on secondary market are selling for 30% less than msrp. Having inventory isn’t the same as a fire sale. There’s still a thousand LEs sold out every day one. Until you can get an LE nib a year after it’s made under msrp, then sales haven’t cooled.

#38327 8 months ago

I wonder if venom will take over sometimes, like if it has the phantom flip from Monster Bash.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 14.95
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
€ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ghent, WV
$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball
Decals
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine
Magazines/books
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 14.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Pimp
Decals
$ 65.00
Cabinet Parts
Pin-Tools.com
Cabinet parts
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
Toppers
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop
Under cabinet
€ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Pinball Machine
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
11,500 (Firm)
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop
Under cabinet
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jackg.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine?tu=jackg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.