IMG_1953.gif
Joker (resized).png
IMG_1142 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240425_122724_Chrome (resized).jpg
kekw (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20220125-011842_Facebook (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240425_124423_Google (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 47,173 posts in this topic. You are on page 644 of 944.
#32151 1 year ago
Quoted from playtwowin:

Here is a little throw back N64 James Bond. I absolutely love this game. So many great memories.
[quoted image]

Ha, good high school memories. Check out the live action version!

#32152 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

I was DEADLY in multiplayer on this game. We used to set up 4 player battles in the castle, high speed movement and jet packs with one shot kill shotguns only. No other weapons. We would sit around for HOURS just blasting the piss eachother stoned as F. Good times! Best multiplayer shooter ever.

The split screen 4 player in the same room added something that the multiplayer network play of newer FPS just don't have.

#32153 1 year ago
Quoted from Taygeta:

And for the record I am really weirded out of the handful of BTTF diehards in this thread. The original is a great movie, but we absolutely don’t need another pinball machine of it.

Boy, this didn’t age well... less than 22hrs ago! My how fast things change.

#32154 1 year ago

I don’t ask for much…just let it be this, PLEASE!

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#32155 1 year ago

BTTF or Bond all day. Venom is not really a theme I’ve ever cared about, although if Spidey is prominently in the game, might change my mind.

#32156 1 year ago

The only 2 games I’m interested in Bond & BTTF.

Would Stern release Bond and then BTTF as the next game after that!?

If BTTF is a KAPOW game and not a cornerstone game will that affect the timeframe..

What I’m getting at, is will I get time to recover from buying Bond before the possibility of a BTTF coming out in the next 3-6 months..

#32157 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Would Stern release Bond and then BTTF as the next game after that!?
If BTTF is a KAPOW game and not a cornerstone game will that affect the timeframe..
What I’m getting at, is will I get time to recover from buying Bond before the possibility of a BTTF coming out in the next 3-6 months..

What a great problem to have that would be but no telling boutique games can come at anytime I actually thought they were going to release one in May or June of this year and that letter wouldn't have been a lie. Here's to hoping!

#32158 1 year ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

I heard the next Stern pin is going to have real flippers AND steel pinballs.

It will have real flippers and you have to insert your own balls.

#32159 1 year ago
Quoted from OuterLanes:

There’s been 22 seasons of southpark since the last pin released. Tweak’s coffee, the future telling device, coon and friends (with mint berry crunch), tegriddy farms, “took our jobs”, ninjas, batdad, Warcraft, city walk/attack of the huns … there’s almost too much new content to make a pin out of, without people saying “why didn’t you put in (insert favorite scene/character/joke)”.
I don’t have confidence anyone would want to build that IP though. It was edgy in 99, now it’s probably perceived as controversial enough that it could completely turn people away.
Even if you didn’t like the Covid special, they still have 25 years of hilarious characters and content.

I honestly don’t think it would sell very well because it was done “ok” Already? ….
Although, I do think after all the bs we’ve been subjected to currently, that most people with a street minded/ educated, common sense piece of mind, would warranty a theme of that caliber just fine if “allowed”!

#32160 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

I’m interested in Bond. I’ll buy BTTF.

#32161 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The split screen 4 player in the same room added something that the multiplayer network play of newer FPS just don't have.

People would get so mad if you used their section of the screen to determine their location…esp in the golden gun version of multiplayer

#32162 1 year ago
Quoted from mbl1116:

People would get so mad if you used their section of the screen to determine their location…esp in the golden gun version of multiplayer

Or see on their screen where they had mined doorways before you walked through them on yours.

#32163 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Bueno, todo lo que puedo decir es que si el próximo juego es BTTF y es en octubre, Pinside explotará.
Y Stern merecerá crédito por el secreto mejor guardado en 20 años.
Tendré que luchar para comprar un día 1 LE y luego averiguar dónde ponerlo, absolutamente no hay espacio.
Nunca compré un pin sin tener una ranura para él antes.
Además de Batman 66, Regreso al futuro es mi pin de Stern del grial. Nunca pensé que pasaría ninguno de los dos, y mucho menos ambos.

This is the best secret after ingredient Coca Cola!! xD!

#32164 1 year ago
Quoted from playtwowin:

Here is a little throw back N64 James Bond. I absolutely love this game. So many great memories.
[quoted image]

Did anyone complete the final mode on the aeroplane in under 60 seconds or whatever the time limit was .
I tried for ages and could never get it .

#32165 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

I was DEADLY in multiplayer on this game. We used to set up 4 player battles in the castle, high speed movement and jet packs with one shot kill shotguns only. No other weapons. We would sit around for HOURS just blasting the piss eachother stoned as F. Good times! Best multiplayer shooter ever.

You strike me as an Oddjob player.

#32166 1 year ago

Top Gun Maverick, Elf, Christmas Vacation, Zac Brown Band, Foo Fighters, Top Gun Maverick, Nintendo, Step Brothers, Top Gun Maverick, Top Gun Maverick.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#32168 1 year ago

My hope is that those excited about Venom or Bond or BTTF will want to sell their DP or Godzilla to make room.

#32169 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:Well, all I can say is that if the next game is BTTF and it’s in October Pinside will explode.
And Stern will deserve credit for the best kept secret in 20 years.
I’ll have to scramble to buy a day 1 LE and then figure out where to put it - absolutely no room.
Never bought a pin without having a slot for it before.
Besides Batman 66, Back to the Future is my grail Stern pin. I never thought either would happen, let alone both.

Bear keep secret? Do you know how many bttf images I've had to look at on this forum in the last few months??

If it's something besides the 4 games that everyone keeps speculating...THEN I will be impressed

#32170 1 year ago

Top Gun Maverick aka "Hollywood Learns Gen X Men Are Still a Big Demographic" would make a killer pin!

There's still tons of stuff to mine from the 80's, why not give 70's geezer bands a break for a while?

#32171 1 year ago
Quoted from benheck:

Top Gun Maverick aka "Hollywood Learns Gen X Men Are Still a Big Demographic" would make a killer pin!
There's still tons of stuff to mine from the 80's, why not give 70's geezer bands a break for a while?

Isn’t the industry chatter that companies (mainly stern) are looking towards more of the 80s and 90s for themes? Or maybe it’s just music pins.

#32172 1 year ago
Quoted from benheck:

That is it. I am between X and Millennials lol and I would appreciate an influx of themes more relevant to my upbringing besides the pop culture populars

#32173 1 year ago

You think we'll start seeing some more generic / older / universal stuff like GI Joe?

#32174 1 year ago
Quoted from wyopin:

I don’t ask for much…just let it be this, PLEASE!
[quoted image]

Anyone in particular that you want to design it?

#32175 1 year ago

I'd go He-Man over GI Joe.

It's visually more interesting and doesn't involve guns or the military.

#32176 1 year ago
Quoted from benheck:

I'd go He-Man over GI Joe.
It's visually more interesting and doesn't involve guns or the military.

As a kid, I much preferred GI Joe specifically because of the technology and weapons. I never liked fantasy stuff. I couldn't sit through the first LOTR and never tried again. Different strokes I guess.

#32177 1 year ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

That is it. I am between X and Millennials lol and I would appreciate an influx of themes more relevant to my upbringing besides the pop culture populars

You're not getting ThunderCats!! Lol

#32178 1 year ago

I was GI Joe first then He Man as a kid. The He Man art was way more mesmerizing to me back then as it is now and would make a better pin.

That said:
50504C2D-40F4-4128-ABBC-BD37C7F6F631 (resized).jpeg50504C2D-40F4-4128-ABBC-BD37C7F6F631 (resized).jpeg

F6194B26-B034-4B54-A210-9987E5ECC4DD (resized).jpegF6194B26-B034-4B54-A210-9987E5ECC4DD (resized).jpegE21A9ECD-A693-4336-9D68-D7800781D25B (resized).jpegE21A9ECD-A693-4336-9D68-D7800781D25B (resized).jpegCF69F6B4-DAC8-4110-98CC-8D72C723197A (resized).jpegCF69F6B4-DAC8-4110-98CC-8D72C723197A (resized).jpeg
#32179 1 year ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

You're not getting ThunderCats!! Lol

Haha it is pretty bad, but I will take a He-Man

#32180 1 year ago
Quoted from BasementFacts:

As a kid, I much preferred GI Joe specifically because of the technology and weapons. I never liked fantasy stuff. I couldn't sit through the first LOTR and never tried again. Different strokes I guess.

I was Team Robots and Cars back then too Never had or wanted a He-Man toy. I'm just saying from a visual standpoint, in a hobby where art is 50% of the decision, He-Man has more potential.

#32181 1 year ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

Bear keep secret? Do you know how many bttf images I've had to look at on this forum in the last few months??

The difference here is that none of the buzz is coming from industry insiders; its just fanboys wishing. The buzz for Bond, Jaws and Venom is because of whispers from insiders. Ozzie entered the picture recently from left field. Technically speaking this thread is the "NEXT" Stern pinball and there is no way BT*F is even in the next three.

Think about it from Stern's point of view. They don't really want the home buyers or operators to know the next games otherwise they might just pocket their money and wait rather than buy a current offering. Even worse than that would be people pocketing their money waiting on a game that isn't coming out for a few years or not at all! In a way a tiny bit of truth to the buzz is a good thing.

#32182 1 year ago
Quoted from John_I:

Technically speaking this thread is the "NEXT" Stern pinball and there is no way BT*F is even in the next three.

You hate BTTF. We get it.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#32183 1 year ago
Quoted from John_I:

The difference here is that none of the buzz is coming from industry insiders;

Todd Tuckey literally said BTTF. He’s also the one that spilled the beans on (confirmed) the Toy Story release. He’s not inside enough for you?

#32184 1 year ago

I think you guys and gals look WAY too much into comments that are made in passing, and take things way too literally.

I get how much people want BTTF to happen, I'd love it to as well, but...if it ever happens, it ain't anytime soon.

#32185 1 year ago

BTTF would be a winner. Bond would be an instant loser.

#32186 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

Todd Tuckey literally said BTTF. He’s also the one that spilled the beans on (confirmed) the Toy Story release. He’s not inside enough for you?

This thread is derailing by the second.

#32187 1 year ago
Quoted from CoachBacca:

Anyone in particular that you want to design it?

I’d wish it were Elwin, but I can’t see him pushing it out that close to Godzilla. It just makes too much sense for it to be a Gomez design. While I was expecting it to be a cornerstone, we’re about due for another Kapow, and JK does love himself some Bond. So that’d give us either more money for a better license (aka more movie assets) or a higher BOM for toys…granted that means a bigger price tag (likely covered with some SLE’s).
Artist-wise, this title screams for a Franchi treatment, but I don’t know if Stern would still work with him. I can only hope!

#32188 1 year ago
Quoted from BasementFacts:

You hate BTTF. We get it.

Not a theme for me but I agree it would be successful. Actually I wish it would be the next machine so we can get this over with like ripping off a Band-Aid LOL.

#32189 1 year ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

This thread is derailing by the second.

Agree …Can we please get this thread BACK on TRACK !

F1C40DCE-9231-4CB8-A376-E134C1ED8677 (resized).pngF1C40DCE-9231-4CB8-A376-E134C1ED8677 (resized).png
#32190 1 year ago

You know, if you went even a a minute into the future you'd end up either in outer space or inside the planet.

BTTF: ZERO STARS!

#32191 1 year ago

Random next pin (complete different guesses to the usual):

Max Max
Green Goblin or spider man villains (incl Venom)

Go easy, I am new here

#32192 1 year ago

Tron vault 2023 with lcd screen.

#32193 1 year ago
Quoted from LittleOnion:

Random next pin (complete different guesses to the usual):
Max Max
Green Goblin or spider man villains (incl Venom)
Go easy, I am new here

The Warriors or Elf
Designer - Jack Danger
His new york / bronx city layout, street level with maybe a ramp and city-scape toys
deadflip 1 (resized).jpegdeadflip 1 (resized).jpeg

#32194 1 year ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Tron vault 2023 with lcd screen.

I would be so in! But it's not going to happen, program!

#32195 1 year ago

Here is one I wpuld be in on The Venture Bros

Screenshot_20220905_164406 (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220905_164406 (resized).jpg
#32196 1 year ago
Quoted from benheck:

You know, if you went even a a minute into the future you'd end up either in outer space or inside the planet.
BTTF: ZERO STARS!

This is what happens when Neil deGrasse Tyson decides on a pinball theme.

In all seriousness, we can't reject pinball themes just because they're 'unrealistic'

BTTF is a story! It's fantasy, who cares if it defies the laws of physics. Seriously, how would we ever enjoy anything if we didn't allow our imaginations a bit of freedom.

I really can't be bothered listing all of the pinball machines that are not plausible. But suffice to say we can't resurrect dinosaurs, an advanced alien civilization doesn't reside on Mars, turtles can't actually use swords and the largest lizard in Tokyo is probably only 3 inches high.

Thank goodness pinball designers have a bit of imagination and creativity . . . . . who gives a damn (aside from you ) if the DeLorean time machine defies special relativity or quantum physics . . . . it's a bit of fun.

#32197 1 year ago
Quoted from swinks:

The Warriors or Elf
Designer - Jack Danger
His new york / bronx city layout, street level with maybe a ramp and city-scape toys
[quoted image]

Makes me think of the video game Cyberpunk 2077. That could be a good pin theme.

#32198 1 year ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

I would be so in! But it's not going to happen, program!

Kaneda says it is. He’s wrong A LOT of the time. But who knows.

He has a very similar mentality to the dude at the bar that hits on every single woman, until he finally finds one that will give in.

Oh and then when that girl does go home with him, he won’t stop telling you about it and how amazing he is.

#32199 1 year ago
Quoted from KrisGonzo:

This is what happens when Neil deGrasse Tyson decides on a pinball theme.
In all seriousness, we can't reject pinball themes just because they're 'unrealistic'
BTTF is a story! It's fantasy, who cares if it defies the laws of physics. Seriously, how would we ever enjoy anything if we didn't allow our imaginations a bit of freedom.
I really can't be bothered listing all of the pinball machines that are not plausible. But suffice to say we can't resurrect dinosaurs, an advanced alien civilization doesn't reside on Mars, turtles can't actually use swords and the largest lizard in Tokyo is probably only 3 inches high.
Thank goodness pinball designers have a bit of imagination and creativity . . . . . who gives a damn (aside from you ) if the DeLorean time machine defies special relativity or quantum physics . . . . it's a bit of fun.

I'm pretty sure he was joking

#32200 1 year ago
Quoted from TiltingT:

I'm pretty sure he was joking

I sincerely hope so

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 499.00
$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 240.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
Machine - For Sale
Wilkes-barre, PA
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 91.00
$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Drumstarr mods

$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 80.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

There are 47,173 posts in this topic. You are on page 644 of 944.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/644?hl=wyopin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.