DSC05223 (resized).JPG
dr (resized).jpg
IMG_2624 (resized).jpeg
Nelson (resized).png
Andre (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #33984 Stern's new factory information Posted by Grantman (1 year ago)

Post #36014 TRAILER: Foo Fighters Pin teaser trailer Posted by Yoko2una (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider duderegular.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5633 4 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

I think CGC pays Stern to make those.

I believe they contracted for only the first run of MMr. All after they build in house.

8 months later
#8661 3 years ago

It sounded like they have a bunch of orders to catch up on along with all the turtles to build. Really great interview with really good discussion and insight from George. Highly recommend.

1 week later
#8782 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Is Zeppelin still happening this year though? Your not referring to Heavy Metal coming first?

Sounds like it. No insider info just listened to the George Gomez interview recently. He said they had a ton of orders to catch up on and the new game would be later in the year.

#8993 3 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Designers & artists don't leak games. All these Jaws puns & jokes from KME & ZY mean you guys aren't getting a shark game anytime soon.

These dudes have top level troll game! Remember all the folks getting worked up from the Disney Harry Potter pics? Totally agree man. They are having fun and people eat it up. Awesome stuff really.

#9202 3 years ago

Guys, the enthusiasm is great and all. However, all these thoughts about vaults and anniversary's of movies/roller-coasters/games etc are not likely to point to anything at all. Listen to the interviews with the guys in charge. George Gomez spoke specifically about these things in his last interview. They will do it if it makes business sense. They know the market better than anyone on here quoting random facts.

#9259 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I’m assuming it’s either license or the hassle of going back to Whitestar.

Pretty sure Tron is a SAM game rather than Whitestar.

4 weeks later
#10151 3 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Srsly?
Cornerstone: 3 „Mass Market“ main games a year -> Pro/ Premium/ LE
B66, Beatles and Elvira have no Pro and and only the Sky is the limit for pricing... but they do a Premium, so that‘s ok.

Pretty good explanation, though Elvira isn't Kapow. I believe "Studio" is the term they are using for non cornerstone games that are full featured, coin-op games. Kapow are considered Studio games.

#10155 3 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Yes, I forgot the term.
I like the idea of the studio games.
To me Elvira feels much more like a Williams then a Stern, since they seem to have had more freedom (less monetary restrictions for toys).

I like it as well. Elvira is interesting as I understand it was Dennis's design but basically as an independent contractor rather than a full time Stern employee. I would guess that would change things in terms of schedules and budgets pretty dramatically. It also impacts pricing as there is not a pro model available and I believe even the premium pricing was a bit above cornerstone premium (at least based on MSRP).

#10207 3 years ago

Is Zeppelin a cornerstone or possibly a studio/Kapow title? To me that has a bit of that Batman/Beatles feel to it. Give Steve Ritchie the shot at a game with the higher BoM for a theme he loves.

1 month later
#10849 3 years ago

Stern remaking a Bally/Williams title like CGC has been doing is very unlikely and akin to a pipe dream. You may see another classic Stern Electronics layout come to fruition with updates akin to The Beatles. Stern has a large design team. They are going to use those people to create games, not remake B/W designs.

#10851 3 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Well Stern did manufacture MMR and licensed the Black Knight from planetary pinball.

Neither of those examples counter my points, but ok man.

#10853 3 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Well, it does.
Stern „did“ make a Remake.

You are still incorrect. I didn't say anything about what they "did" years ago. They are successfully building their own games right now and will continue to do so. Have a good one bud.

4 months later
#14901 3 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

Ah c'mon man,
You forgot Megadeth !
KME's first music pin, ooh yeah !
[quoted image]

Iron Maiden?

1 month later
#16178 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Since we are either talking Mando or throwing out random ideas based on a Kaneda comment, here is mine...
Contemporary, popular, a fan base, something unexpected, wasnt sure if there was a movie (let's just pretend there isnt), more like Shadow than Afm.
How about Avatar? (The Last Airbender, not the blue people)
I could see some diverters for "Airbending" the ball. Earth would likely just be stand up targets, maybe a smooth loop for water? Fire Nation "battlefield"? Idk. Im just a fan and i see possibilities for pinball. Also, Shadow is probably in my top 5 so id like to see a revisit/reimaginig of that layout

Avatar (blue people) is a rumored JJP game.

#16289 2 years ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

Is there a Hunger Games pin?

The story goes that it was in development but had to change into what is now WWE.

1 week later
#17004 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Armada was a TERRIBLE retelling of Last Starfighter in the most clumsy, hamfisted way possible. All the action happens in the last couple chapters and the ending is a big fail copout. Do not bother. Firsthand warning.
I've heard that the sequel to Ready Player One is even WORSE, but I can't imagine it.

But the book at least made SENSE within its constructs. The movie was just plain dumb. Like having the VERY IMPORTANT quarter given to him for winning a "bet" he didn't even accept. It's essentially giving him a cheat for no work since he didn't earn the quarter, which is a key device in the book. Also, the typical hollywood "prettying up" of the female interest with the substantial facial problem that you barely notice in the movie - stupid. In the movie the IOI break-in makes no sense and is stupidly handled. That, and all the 80s references they just blew in favor of more modern product placements.
Hated it.

Ready Player Two has very few redeeming moments. I enjoyed the first book quite a bit too.

3 months later
#20258 2 years ago
Quoted from vandergugten:

September's game is by Keith Elwin! Confirmed by George Gomez on today's episode of the Insider Podcast.

Starting the hype train right from the source. Cool to hear.

2 weeks later
#21255 2 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Remember the good old days of new releases and the flood of used games at great prices that would hit the secondary market in correspondence with a new release. What happened? Who is selling that cq gem to buy Godzilla? Have not seen the bump in secondary market like we used to
G-G-Godzilla
[quoted image]

Well the secondary market pricing outpaced the NIB pricing and NIB take months to receive.... Unfortunately that will probably be the case for a while yet.

#21260 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Godzilla is a touchstone of Sci-Fi campy monster movies. I grew up in the 70’s saw SW in the theater etc..
I never remember a time when I didn’t know Godzilla. It’s like James Bond or Clint Eastwood spaghetti westerns.

Its also the next Keith Elwin game. It is also rumored to have more in it than other recent games. It will also be the first Stern game to ship with the online connectivity. George Gomez said its going to knock you on your ass (or something close to that). The hype is big. Not surprising at all really.

#21286 2 years ago
Quoted from xyntec:

That's not a 100% guaranteed it will be to the likings of everyone....I'm really happy with Maiden even though it is difficult, AIQ on the other hand is just a sitting turd for me, don't like the game at all, no matter how I try to like it, looks amazing, but game is just no fun at all.
I hope Godzilla isn't going to have overcomplicated boring rules like AIQ, but is just a fun game to play

100% of people will never be happy with everything. I said nothing of the sort. Hype is real as is FOMO. Don't need to be Nostradamus to predict it will sell a bunch of units before anyone even flips the thing.

#21487 2 years ago
Quoted from Blacksun:

Whats after Godzilla??? Harry Potter?

Rush is the primary rumor these days.

#21524 2 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Next Stern pin reveal due 18 January 2022
Stern delivered slightly ahead of predicted (1 week early!) with Godzilla being revealed 14 September instead of the predicted 23 September based off of prior releases.
Math below.
Aerosmith 1/4/2017 (128 days after BM66)
Star Wars 5/31/2017 (147 days after Aerosmith)
Guardians of the Galaxy 11/2/2017 (156 days after Star Wars)
Iron Maiden 3/25/2018 (144 days after Guardians of the Galaxy)
Dead Pool 8/3/2018 (131 days after Iron Maiden)
Munsters 1/12/2019 (203 days after Deadpool)
Black Knight SOR 3/25/2019 (72 days after Munsters)
Jurassic Park 7/26/2019 (122 days after BK SOR)
Stranger Things: 12/23/2019 (150 days after Jurassic Park)
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: 5/27/2020 (155 days after Stranger Things)
Avengers Infinity War: 9/2/2020 (98 Days after Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles)
Led Zeppelin: 12/15/2020 (104 days after AIQ)
The Mandalorian: 5/11/2021 (147 days after Led Zeppelin)
Godzilla: 9/14/2021 (126 days after The Mandalorian)
The average time between cornerstone releases is now 134 days.
Next Stern Pin is due on or about 18 January, 2022
*Note that only “cornerstone” games with a Pro/Premium/LE pricing model are included for the purpose of this exercise.

I dig that you do this. John Borg was quoted (Super Awesome Pinball Show) saying his game would be this year.

2 weeks later
#22043 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

I think we are all going to find out next month at Expo. Rumor is Gunners LE production has nearly caught up, JJP are going to make some more Willy Wanker and POTC in the next few months. Great times for pinball!

Where did you hear more pirates? That is an interesting rumor that I had not heard yet.

3 months later
#24488 2 years ago

Anyone have any info on a date time for the reveal of Rush at CES?

Stern will be doing CES virtually this year. They put out a release not long ago, but it wasn't a big announcement. Hope you are doing well buddy!

6 months later
#28380 1 year ago

Jack Danger just said in his thread that he will be at Comic Con and will be streaming.

#28388 1 year ago
Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

How could they do a Venom game not based on Movies? The cost of animating the segways would be prohibitive. You'd end up with a powerpoint or 'Aerosmith' quality segways. Though I kinda miss my Aersomith pin

They literally did Deadpool comics when there were live action movies happening. That is your "How could they?"

#28415 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It didn't play anything like AfM. Less flow. It was WAY less of a reskin than the average Borg design reused and mirrored for the last 10 years in most of his games.

I agree. I get the AFM comments, but there are pretty big differences. The target bank is quite close to the flippers on STh. The ball launches are very different, the shot on the left is not there on AFM.

1 week later
#28700 1 year ago
Quoted from northvibe:

What? I played munsters at ces with Jack, it was great! But if you had to play a game all day for 4 days at ces you may get bored?

I was at that one too. I think they had Guardians and Beatles there also that year.

1 month later
#30834 1 year ago

Aside from vaults, limited editions, and Seatwitch->Beatles has Stern ever re-used a layout?

Batman TDK to Batman 66. Updated certainly, but the core layout is there.

1 week later
#32165 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

I was DEADLY in multiplayer on this game. We used to set up 4 player battles in the castle, high speed movement and jet packs with one shot kill shotguns only. No other weapons. We would sit around for HOURS just blasting the piss eachother stoned as F. Good times! Best multiplayer shooter ever.

You strike me as an Oddjob player.

#32226 1 year ago
Quoted from JackG:

TSPP and LOTR could use an update with the LCD screen. Both would be amazing. But is Stern going to make a vault? They have such a large backlog.

He is clearly talking about Baywatch.

#32251 1 year ago

Bond was rumored to be the game that George Gomez picked up to design when Steve Ritchie left right? I love some Gomez games... Excited!

#32257 1 year ago

James Bond's from best to worst.
1. Sean Connery
2. Daniel Craig
3. Pierce Brosnan
4. George Lazenby
5. Timothy Dalton
6. Roger Moore
Fight Me

This Roger Moore disrespect will not stand!

#32267 1 year ago

Now we can all look forward to many more months of Back to the Future hype!

#32306 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

First mod. A cocktail shaker motor filled with Gin. Second mod. Rubbery little titty flipper buttons. Third mod. Lady legs leg replacements.
[quoted image]

Bond drinks Vodka Martinis

#32448 1 year ago
Quoted from gonzo73:

Its gotta be Franchi on art right ?????

My guess is Gomez, Tanio on software, Franchi on art.

2 weeks later
#33103 1 year ago

More examples of if the internet fans ran the pinball companies----then we would not have pinball being manufactured any longer.

Check this out--- We WANT these companies to be profitable so they continue to make machines that we want to buy. Profit is a fantastic motivator to build cool, new stuff.

Building different models of machines has a number of factors involved.
One: the LE models create huge demand at higher profit margins. You not liking it does not make it not a bad thing.
Two: the entry level model generally sells more units. There is a big benefit to moving high volume for a manufacturer. Steady business is good business. Keep parts going into games, keep line employees working, keep your suppliers supplying...
Three: Give your customers choice. This is big. The customer gets to choose based on their individual priorities: price, gameplay features, fancy trim, artwork, etc.

Stern has been in business in one form or another since 86. Nobody else in the industry is anywhere close to that. Perhaps they have an idea of how to run things over there....

#33113 1 year ago
Quoted from Tyler_Durden:

Thats good to know, that's about the same year Blockbuster Video started (1985), so I guess we can assume they must have the latest in tech and manufacturing just like Blockbuster.

Ah thats how you argue. Got it. Dell started in 84. They are doing ok. Did you send your CV over to Stern yet????

#33124 1 year ago
Quoted from Tyler_Durden:

I just see so much of the same here "this is how its always been" "their killing it", it's all relative, we know from history that means nothing so why say it.
Steve jobs saved apple by elimating product lines and focusing. There's many ways to be successful not just the old way or the way it's been.
How about the negative aspects?
Higher costs for everyone, waste, slower production, consumers who can't decide. Lower quality machines.

Ok, one more and then I am probably going to have to bow out.... Cherry picking "examples" of other companies is pointless... Apple has a ton of different models now. Stern also doesn't need to be "saved" as per your irrelevant Apple example. Expanding their product line was a big positive for Stern as Gary has mentioned before publicly. You have an opinion. You spread it around as if it were a fact. Your opinion is not a fact. It is an opinion. This is a logical fallacy. I understand that is how you wish to operate here and that is that. Good day sir.

9 months later
#38541 9 months ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Is it safe to assume Borg/Sexton is the next combo of game leads? Jan will be 2 years since they did Rush together, and probably when the next new game will drop.

Elwin will be next I would bet. He recently said he has a game done and is working on another. Bond 60 was something he cranked out in the middle. Dude is a machine.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 90.00
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

Machine - For Sale
Riverside, CA
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Lake Point, UT
$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Collegeville, PA
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

$ 30.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 55.00
Playfield - Protection
Tucson Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider duderegular.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine?tu=duderegular and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.