Screenshot_20240412_203046_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240412_203117_Chrome (resized).jpg
DSC06496 (resized).JPG
DSC06495 (resized).JPG
DSC05223 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #33984 Stern's new factory information Posted by Grantman (1 year ago)

Post #36014 TRAILER: Foo Fighters Pin teaser trailer Posted by Yoko2una (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider coachbacca.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7309 4 years ago
Quoted from Jgaltr56:

Agreed. Why would anyone expect anything different?
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

I get what you are trying to say, but it's a retheme right? Wasn't it always gonna look something like this?

3 months later
#8363 3 years ago

I know its not on the anytime soon list and probably not even on Stern's radar but a Stern Mario Bros in the TMNT style could be awesome. I would think there would be a pretty large market for it as well just on nostalgia alone, I mean the Gottlieb one kinda sucks and a good bit of pinsiders either own it or have it on their wish list.

Anyway speaking of Sterns radar anyone have an updated list of the rumored upcoming Stern titles?

1 month later
#8943 3 years ago

How about a villain pin? Marvel doesn't have the villains to keep up with Batman but a Venom pin would probably sell well and I believe when the pandemic is over it is supposed to be one of the next Sony Marvel movies. Maybe a sinister six pin, then again that gets pretty close to the Spidey pin anyway.

#8949 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

You had Magneto, Doom or even Galactus, to choose from and you went with Venom? No sir. No. Lol.
Spiderman pin already killed any desire id have had for Venom or Doc Ock unfortunately

Magneto was my thought but he had his LE X-Men is why I didn't go with him but Galactus, really?

#8980 3 years ago

Rather than rolling back the score the time stone feature could be used with magnets as a ball save to drag the ball out of the outlanes.

3 weeks later
#9990 3 years ago
Quoted from cloggedDrain:

I'm in for a premium, but would love to have the pro side art instead

Is it me or does that seem to be the norm now with ZY side art with the Pros being better than the premiums?

5 months later
#13260 3 years ago

If it is a Borg, for the love of all that is right with pinball, can we lose the mono targets this time?

1 week later
#13510 3 years ago

How about these possible themes for pins. I divided my list into pins that could be done right now and pins that need a couple more years for more Seasons or Movies or just more time needed before vaulting:

Now:
1. Kong vs. Godzilla: Movie is coming out and would obviously make a great pin.
2. Assassin's Creed: This could make an amazing pin if it was based off of the video games and not the movies. The missions and modes could be awesome not to mention the art and mechs.
3. Mario Brothers: The original one is asked about all the time and with Sterns game play it could be yet another game that could get the TMNT multiplayer mode that could be awesome.
4. Superman: How has this not happened already?
5. Harry Potter: I am actually a bigger fan of the Fantastic Beast series and never really got into the Harry Potter movies but again, how has this not been done already? There is plenty of stuff there that could lend itself to a great pin.

Later:
1. The Mandolorian: This will more than likely happen as it will ride the popularity of the show, just please be smart enough to put Zombi Yeti and Keith Elwin on it.
2. The Witcher: This time based more on the series and not the game. Medieval Period and magic seem to be great themes for pinball and this show has some serious potential to be great.
3. Spider-Man Into the Spider-Verse: Not based on the Miles Morales movies but based on the comics and not the next Spider-Man movie from Sony/Marvel. Not a vault either but a brand new game. This pin could come out around the same time as the next Spider-Man movie but please no more pictures of Toby McGuire on a Pin.
4. OO7 Pin: This one may be a little further out than the others but give it a couple of movies and do it with all the Bonds. Again this one could lend itself to TMNT Multiplayer mode again.
5. Vault TMNT: This one is obviously the furthest out but vault this sucker and add scenes or at least make the animation look like the tv series like some modders have done and get rid of those damn mono targets and replace them with standup or drop targets. (If guardians wasn't already a re-theme I would say do the same thing with the targets on that one).

Honorable Mention:
Hannibal Lecter: People also want more adult themed pins and it doesn't get much more adult themed than this. Awesome series and could lend itself to some pretty wild and crazy toys.

1 month later
#14843 3 years ago
Quoted from greenstreet:

Below is a quick alphabetical list of the forty themes that keep coming up in this Forum (please shout out if any obvious ones are missing). To stir things up but hopefully not offend anyone, they are broken into three categories: 1) broad interest, cornerstone, can't miss themes; 2) themes with very passionate but not universal interest; 3) interesting themes, might play on location, might be tough to sell 3,000 to home users.
1-Back to the Future
2-Batman (again)
2-Beetle Juice
3-Big Trouble in Little China
2-Black Sabbath
3-Blade Runner
1-Bond
3-Cobra Kai/Karate Kid
3-Dragon Ball Z
3-Dune
3-Eagles
2-Foo Fighters
1-Godzilla
2-Godzilla vs King Kong
1-Goonies
1-Harry Potter
3-He-Man
2-Horror
2-Jaws
3-Jumanji
2-Justice League
2-LOTR VE
1-Mandolorian
1-Matrix
1-Mortal Combat
3-Pokemon
2-Pulp Fiction
1-Queen
2-Red Hot Chili Peppers
2-Rocky Horror
2-Scooby-Doo
3-Sponge Bob
1-Star Wars (a pin that matches the strength of the franchise)
3-Starship Troopers
2-The Who
2-Thing (John Carpenter)
2-Top Gun
1-Toy Story
2-Tron VE
2-Van Halen

Wow only 5 numbers here I don't completely agree with (Batman and Jumanji going up with Beetlejuice, Godzilla, and Red Hot Chili Peppers going down) but I like this list and idea. I wish there was a way to keep track of the most talked about theme as kind of a running ticker with themes sliding up and down the list. I think it would just be interesting to see.

#14844 3 years ago

Its already there.

#14864 3 years ago
Quoted from greenstreet:

Thank you and happy to make those tweaks on the next version. Are you making the same argument for Batman that I’m making for Star Wars?

Ehh, not really what I am saying but it would be nice. I think it's just a top tier theme that's why it keeps getting repeated. I would like to see another DC hero before another batman personally but thats no where near the top of the list for what I want to see next, way too much other stuff that needs to be done before that.

3 months later
#19087 2 years ago
Quoted from NashtyFunk:

I wouldnt be mad if they took another shot at Game of Thrones with the new House of The Dragon series.

Can we get at least three seasons though instead of the two like Mando? I realize it's a game and not a movie or show but waiting for more seasons just allows for more badass scenes to be used.

2 weeks later
#19468 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Please no!!!!!!
Ritchie doesnt even care anymore. Im sick of his same 3 games over and over.
Dwight is hit or miss. I have no beef but do have other programmers id prefer.
Zombie Yeti is my favorite Stern artist but i do like the work Randy has done so far.
Basically, keep Ritchie away from any theme im interested in please. There is already one BTTF pin i dont want to play. I dont need another.

I feel the same way about Borg games and his monotargets. Cannot stand that TMNT has them. On the other hand some of my favorite games are Star Wars, Game of Thrones, ACDC, and Spider-Man. Those and the KE games Make up 7 out of my top 10. To each their own I guess.

3 months later
#22919 2 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

After Rush you will see another Marvel themed game. Then Bond.

Pretty good chance it will be a multiverse spidey pin if this does happen and I really hope Eddy doesn’t give it another Mando job with a boring play field design with very few shots. That could be one hell of a co-op pin if done correctly. I wouldn’t mind seeing Jack Danger giving that a whirl for his first major project.

1 week later
#23254 2 years ago
Quoted from hiker2099:

I don’t want to get too ahead of the horse here but I looked really hard at the Stern photos from today’s FB post. The line is working on the Mandalorian but the last cart has a different game on it. I went through most of their games and couldn’t find a playfield with that art at the flippers. Any thoughts?
[quoted image][quoted image]

Mando 100%, don’t care for the actual game but the artwork is fantastic.

2 months later
#25665 2 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Need to get on BTTF, Beetlejuice, Van Halen, Goonies, NHL, Mission Impossible, Grateful Dead, and Jumanji list-pretty please. [quoted image]

NHL, I thought Stern was in the business of trying to make money? I like some of these others but NHL?

3 weeks later
#26004 2 years ago

Anyone else kinda hoping that part of the reason they canned the April/May Cornerstone is because they realized that it (Venom) probably wouldn't sell well? I am really hoping they make some small adjustments to it and make it a team based Spider-Verse pin instead after the next movie comes out. Should be about the time that Jack gets his first cornerstone and could be pretty epic.

1 month later
#26781 1 year ago
Quoted from LeMansFan:

Guardians of the Galaxy

Let’s be specific here, GotG Vol 1, I hope no one would call Vol 2 a good movie but Vol 1 imho was awesome.

#26829 1 year ago
Quoted from Daditude:

We have pins from 3 of those, 1 we will never get, and 1 is on the way!

Wasn’t it rumored that Stern got the HP license a while back?

#26905 1 year ago

I know video games have been discussed on here before but with the new Halo series on Paramount+ maybe after a couple/few seasons of it we may get a Halo pin. Could be a great start back into the video game market for the pinball industry at least, that and I won't lie that would be one of the single biggest nostalgia pins for me.

2 weeks later
#27281 1 year ago

Any chance 007 could be code for Top Gun?

1 month later
#28994 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Make up for Halloween? HWN is sick man…go get some more time on the current code. The game has a lot to offer.

I think he might mean because Stern didn’t get it…? That’s at least how I read it.

3 weeks later
#30159 1 year ago
Quoted from Rizmo:

I don’t see how TMNT was ment for the older generation or stranger things

I think TMNT suffers do to the quick ball times, low scoring compared to other machines and the frigging monotargets. That game is an ass kicker which I like and I think the co-op aspect is awesome too but personally I just can't purchase a game with a monotarget, much less two of them.

1 week later
#30849 1 year ago
Quoted from PinballZach:

Still really hoping its Cobra Kai. Especially If they got Zabka to do callouts, could be fun! VENOM = Cobra Kai

Never seen a single episode and never will and this would still make more sense to me than a Marvel Venom pin.

1 week later
#32174 1 year ago
Quoted from wyopin:

I don’t ask for much…just let it be this, PLEASE!
[quoted image]

Anyone in particular that you want to design it?

1 week later
#32927 1 year ago

Pin with the least stuff for the biggest price... yup par for the course these days.

4 months later
#35073 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

If they redid Walking Dead with Spike2 LCD and other Spike2 features and did a comic book art overlay, that would be very popular. So many people won't have it because of the ugly art package.
BUT, Walking Dead is over and Indy and Avatar both have new movies. Seems more likely it's one of those two original duds.

Quoted from ExSquid:

Im pretty sure they also mentioned it was based off of a movie.

Y'all are leaving one off. Zach said something along the lines of "they have a new movie coming out," Transformers checks all of these boxes too I believe. My money is on Transformers with the classic art that everybody asked for when it came out with some slight adjustments to the playfield. If they get rid of the weird upper playfield on the premium, they might also get my money.

2 weeks later
#35447 1 year ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

I know more than half of pinside bleeds Elwin,but Iron Maiden come in last on the list of music pins for me if you include Acadaca, Metallica, and Rush

Wow, Iron Maiden is the band I like the least out of the bands listed here but I would put it at the top, then Metallica, then AC/DC then rush as far as Stern games go though. TBH though I only have about 5 plays on rush.

10 months later
#43259 4 months ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Maiden, JP and Gotg are all 2018 or earlier so agreed. JP is borderline imo being a top seller still.
No way Rush, AIQ or Mando should be done....maybe AIQ due to qualityof gameplay (what a disappointment)

Quality of gameplay? Avengers is an excellent game, it's just a little brutal. Mando has to be the worst game on this list, horrible geometry and just boring code.
JP is the only one out of the bunch that I could see keeping around just because I believe it is still selling so well, it's next on my list. Rush you may have a slight argument for but Mando and AIQ need to be next, the other two have both already been previously retired I believe.

3 months later
#45887 27 days ago

I know it was talked about a few pages back but has there been any more rumblings about a Halo pin or that Halo is not happening? I am asking because I have gotten a decent influx of unexpected cash here recently and I am considering putting it towards a Jaws but if Halo is coming that would push that purchase back a few more years. The Halo theme would be one of the two I would consider an LE purchase for, the other is Jurassic Park and the art is too meh for that one.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Drumstarr mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

Machine - For Sale
Silverthorne, CO
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 22.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 47.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 150.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

6,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Glen Ellyn, IL
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Chrome Candy

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider coachbacca.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine?tu=coachbacca and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.