Screenshot_20220125-011842_Facebook (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240425_124423_Google (resized).jpg
IMG_1903 (resized).jpeg
FB_IMG_1713992383846 (resized).jpg
IMG_1540 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
DSC01053 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 47,120 posts in this topic. You are on page 451 of 943.
#22501 2 years ago
Quoted from Sunsfan23:

I love TMNT, they did a good job with that license. Basically put zombie yeti on anything and it automatically is knocked out of the park in aesthetic appeal. Beetle Juice would be fantastic. Honestly I’d like to see a Dune pin as well after that most recent movie.

Give me Franchi on Beetlejuice, as much as I love ZY art, I do love Franchi photorealistic style which I think would be the way to go on beetlejuice, it’s already visually crazy and I would rather have all that craziness the center of the art rather than a crazier art style on top possibly distracting from it.

#22502 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Give me Franchi on Beetlejuice, as much as I love ZY art, I do love Franchi photorealistic style which I think would be the way to go on beetlejuice, it’s already visually crazy and I would rather have all that craziness the center of the art rather than a crazier art style on top possibly distracting from it.

His Beetlejuice translite art was amazing! But is there any chance him and Stern will cooperate again?

#22503 2 years ago
Quoted from WODKA:

His Beetlejuice translite art was amazing! But is there any chance him and Stern will cooperate again?

Seems that Franchi and Stern have made up, George has been on his podcast a couple of times and there has been hints that something could be in the pipeline.

#22504 2 years ago

I think you will be proven to be in the minority after the game is announced. I'm not after one myself but Rush have a cult like following in North America (and apparently Japan?)
Also, I'm <40 and Moving Picture IS a good album.
Screenshot_20211029-070422_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20211029-070422_Chrome (resized).jpg

#22505 2 years ago

Bit of Rush some people may not have realized they've heard/played.
Guitar Hero Legends of Rock focuses entirely on the 2112 Album as a final battle. Story and all.

#22506 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Guitar Hero Legends of Rock focuses entirely on the 2112 Album as a final battle. Story and all.

So epic!

#22507 2 years ago

I think Rush is mainly a North America thing.
Before reading this thread, I had never heard about them. But if the game is good it should sell in Europe also solely based on that. But the theme in Europe is cold as ice I would say.

#22508 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Yeah I was born in the mid 80's so Rush was before my time but Guitar Hero and Rock Band made me realize how many of those songs you hear on a pretty regular basis and know despite not knowing the band/name of the song.
Then again I'm Canadian so I'm pretty sure Rush gets more radio play up here than in the US.

#22509 2 years ago

Oh, I don’t doubt that RUSH is hugely popular. There is no question about that. They are just low on my personal totem pole of prog bands. But, I’m happy that the fans will get their game like the Zep fans did. I figure if Stern can rip through all the lame dad rock they’ll eventually run out and have to make something awesome like…a Motorhead, Slayer, Funkadelic, DEVO, Beastie Boys or Wu Tang Clan pin

Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

I think you will be proven to be in the minority after the game is announced. I'm not after one myself but Rush have a cult like following in North America (and apparently Japan?)
[quoted image]

#22510 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Oh, I don’t doubt that RUSH is hugely popular. There is no question about that. They are just low on my personal totem pole of prog bands. But, I’m happy that the fans will get their game like the Zep fans did. I figure if Stern can rip through all the lame dad rock they’ll eventually run out and have to make something awesome like…a Motorhead, Slayer, Funkadelic, DEVO, Beastie Boys or Wu Tang Clan pin

Beastie Boys, Devo or Wu Tang Clan would be awesome!

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#22511 2 years ago

Beetlejuice would be huge right now. I know a ton of you don't follow Broadway but all my students are obsessed with the show. It would be a game that would appeal to all ages.

#22512 2 years ago

J-Lo literally on a JP
Happy Friday!!!

#22513 2 years ago

lucky piece of glass!

#22514 2 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

lucky piece of glass!

She looks amazing - same age as I am.

#22515 2 years ago
Quoted from bbaker2824:

Pretty sure you guys that think Rush sucks are Devo fans.

Hey....there are some of us out here that are huge Rush fans AND huge Devo fans.

While I don't deny that a Devo pin (complete with radiation dome pop bumper caps) would be a dream theme, I'm totally in on a Rush.

Later,
EV

#22516 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

[quoted image]

Let me check. Still sucks.

#22517 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

MOTÖRHEAD would be awesome! no clue what DEVO is though, and definitely not interested in a Chinese Soup pin....

#22518 2 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

J-Lo literally on a JP
Happy Friday!!!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

This is not the first time I’ve pictured her gripping a rod

#22519 2 years ago

@Mpdpvdpin, here ya go

Quoted from NevadaNutJob:

This is not the first time I’ve pictured her gripping a rod

#22520 2 years ago

So much hornyposting so little time haha

Quoted from finnflash:

mpdpvdpin, here ya go

#22521 2 years ago

Let's stay on track shall we?

FB_IMG_1635541694049 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1635541694049 (resized).jpg
#22522 2 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

J-Lo literally on a JP
Happy Friday!!!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Jennifer Lopez pictures are “unsafe”. Come on Pinside! She’s even with Pinball machines.

F603FF48-00B4-4117-9F8B-FA128EBECBEB (resized).jpegF603FF48-00B4-4117-9F8B-FA128EBECBEB (resized).jpeg
#22523 2 years ago

Literally anything but Rush

#22524 2 years ago

Don't blame Pinside for your choices thechakapakuni
Here is how you fix it: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/settings

YourSettings (resized).pngYourSettings (resized).pngYourSettingsFixes (resized).pngYourSettingsFixes (resized).png
#22525 2 years ago

I'm really surprised how much hate Rush is getting. They are really not just for old folk wearing New Balance shoes, if anyone watches music reaction videos on YouTube you'd see how consistently young folk love Rush. Here's a couple of examples but point being I think people are vastly underestimating the appeal of their music. And yeah, I'm buying a Rush pin if they make one.

#22526 2 years ago

Andy & Alex are great. I really dig seeing the younger generations "discovering" classic rock for the first time.

#22527 2 years ago
Quoted from Reality_Studio:

I'm really surprised how much hate Rush is getting. They are really not just for old folk wearing New Balance shoes, if anyone watches music reaction videos on YouTube you'd see how consistently young folk love Rush. Here's a couple of examples but point being I think people are vastly underestimating the appeal of their music. And yeah, I'm buying a Rush pin if they make one.

Reaction videos for things like old music, but also just in general, drive me crazy. They almost always are WAY OVERREACTING, mugging for the camera. It's like the moving equivalent of an instagram photo set up to get followers. So fake.

Oh, and, uh...get off my lawn!

#22528 2 years ago

Here’s what I (and many others) think of Rush:

Rush is what actual musicians like to refer to as a “Jack off wank band” …too many f’n notes, too many solos…style over substance. Flaunty Jaunty nerdy faux musical wizardry. These guys never got laid. Being a Rush fan is the equivalent of getting a hard on doing long division. They are the exact type of band that will wow the laymen and bore the studied. There is a reason Rush never broke the US/Canadian market…

Prog bands that are actually good:

King Crimson
Magma
Soft Machine
Premiata Forneria Macaroni (PFM)
Ill Baletto di Bronzo
Alphataurus
Captain Beyond
Hawkwind
Yes

For real fans of the prog genre Rush doesn’t even place in top 100.

Just my opinion as an avid record collector, dealer, DJ and published author on similar subjects.

There is beauty in our differences however and more power to you if Rush gets the blood flowing’ in your bone. I guess, haha.

#22529 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Rush is what actual musicians like to refer to as a “Jack off wank band” …too many f’n notes, too many solos…style over substance. Flaunty Jaunty nerdy faux musical wizardry. These guys never got laid. Being a Rush fan is the equivalent of getting a hard on doing long division.
King Crimson
Magma
Soft Machine
Ill Baletto di Bronzo
Alphataurus
Captain Beyond
Hawkwind
Yes
Just my opinion as an avid record collector, dealer, DJ and published author on similar subjects.

Sorry that you are not getting the music pin of your choice. But why be an ass about it?

#22530 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Rush is what actual musicians like to refer to as a “Jack off wank band” …too many f’n notes, too many solos…style over substance. Flaunty Jaunty nerdy faux musical wizardry. These guys never got laid. Being a Rush fan is the equivalent of getting a hard on doing long division.
King Crimson
Magma
Soft Machine
Ill Baletto di Bronzo
Alphataurus
Captain Beyond
Hawkwind
Yes

Here’s my take. You have jjp gnr and whether you are a jjp fanboy or wanna hate the game because it’s the cool thing to do, the pin rocks. Sound, lights, and number of songs. It set the new precedent for rock pins. For Stern to make Led Zeppelin a dud (my opinion) and to follow up with Rush is just a really bad choice. Lots of bands would appeal to a variety of people, Rush just isn’t one of them. #Facts

#22531 2 years ago

Why not? Forums are for sharing our thoughts, yes? No harm, no foul.

Quoted from mostater:

Sorry that you are not getting the music pin of your choice. But why be an ass about it?

#22532 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Why not? Forums are for sharing our thoughts, yes? No harm, no foul.

Isn't there enough negativity in the world without spewing more into it unnecessarily?

#22533 2 years ago

Funny you should bring up JJP GNR. I had a chance to put a few hours on one and I absolutely hated it. Endless multiball for no discernible reason…every song is a multiball. Unfinished modes. The most awful launch in all of pinball. Clunky play and tons of wasted space (se) My top pick for rock related pins are IMDN and…that’s it. The rest are lame, MET included and I’m a Lyman fanatic.

Quoted from Mattyk:

Here’s my take. You have jjp gnr and whether you are a jjp fanboy or wanna hate the game because it’s the cool thing to do, the pin rocks. Sound, lights, and number of songs. It set the new precedent for rock pins. For Stern to make Led Zeppelin a dud (my opinion) and to follow up with Rush is just a really bad choice. Lots of bands would appeal to a variety of people, Rush just isn’t one of them. #Facts

#22534 2 years ago

Being critical is different than being negative my friend.

Quoted from mostater:

Isn't there enough negativity in the world without spewing more into it unnecessarily?

#22535 2 years ago

The next band after Rush is rumored to be The Monkees ... so ya got that going for ya, if that's your thing.

#22536 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:Funny you should bring up JJP GNR. I had a chance to put a few hours on one and I absolutely hated it. My top pick for rock related pins are IMDN and…that’s it. The rest are lame.

I like IMDN but was never a fan of the music. I have a GNR and I think the gameplay is going to get boring without some serious code updates. But what I mean is the sound lights and number of songs. You get 21 or 22 songs and the pin sound quality is much better than metallica or AC/DC and even IMDN

#22537 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Being critical is different than being negative my friend.

C'mon...re-read that post. That is being more than just critical and you know it.

#22538 2 years ago

When I buy a pin I want a GAME. Not a lightshow or a full album worth of songs.

Quoted from Mattyk:

I like IMDN but was never a fan of the music. I have a GNR and I think the gameplay is going to get boring without some serious code updates. But what I mean is the sound lights and number of songs. You get 21 or 22 songs and the pin sound quality is much better than metallica or AC/DC and even IMDN

If you’re not in the band Rush, work for the band Rush or have a family member closely associated with the band I’d recommend taking my personal views with a grain of salt.

Quoted from mostater:

C'mon...re-read that post. That is being more than just critical and you know it.

#22539 2 years ago
Quoted from mostater:

Quoted from starfighter:

The next band after Rush is rumored to be The Monkees

And they're too busy singin' to put anybody down.

#22540 2 years ago

Good luck getting 7k for a PRO based on a band who has one kinda good song. You should make one for spacehog, their one hit was better. Where are all the people who tell you they will be buying one to pump it? Too bad those people are selling more than buying. Suck it.....X. Make a good pin before you crash the market with garbage, which is at some point inevitable.

#22541 2 years ago

I hadn't planned on buying another new pin until BTTF. But if Stern does something really cool with Rush...like 2112 story in a pin...something more than just the music (which I admittedly love)...I may buy one NIB.

#22542 2 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

Well since you opened that can of worms...
I like GNR and Zeppelin (as bands). While I don't have strong opinions on LZ as a game other than it feels uninspired (I already own High Speed), I can definitely say that GNR as a game seems slow, dull and easy. Pretty but boring. Again, opinions.
I maintain that a Beastie Boys or Wu-Tang game would do well if Stern ventures outside of the classic rock bubble.

#22543 2 years ago

From what I gather seeing the cabinet posted here which reflects the artwork from the ‘74 ST album…it’s definitely not a 2112 theme. Id venture a strong guess and say it will follow the typical ‘easy sell’ Stern music pin model. A hunk o’ junk jukebox pin with three major shots…all the money spent into the license itself ie: Led Zep, KISS, AC/DC. Wash rinse repeat…miss me with this shit.

Quoted from crujones4life:

I hadn't planned on buying another new pin until BTTF. But if Stern does something really cool with Rush...like 2112 story in a pin...something more than just the music (which I admittedly love)...I may buy one NIB.

#22544 2 years ago
Quoted from Reality_Studio:

I'm really surprised how much hate Rush is getting.

As for me, I don't hate Rush.
I've just never heard of them before they were mentioned in this speculation topic.

#22545 2 years ago

Ok, nothing against Rush. They have their place in rocks all time greats. But I’m pretty sure there’s still a lot of other bands I can think of that are front of the line especially when it comes to pinball. First and foremost, Motörhead. Lemmy loved pinball and video games. If you ever went to the Rainbow, he has a seat reserved there? Why? Is it because it’s a private booth and he wanted to be out of site like most rockers? Nope. It’s because it was the only seat that had video poker. Lemmy and Motörhead deserve a pin wayyyy before Rush. The pic attached is Lemmy playing a Black Knight. Show me a single picture of anybody from Rush playing pinball? Ozzy would be next in line, Van Halen, etc. Rush might be in the end of my top 10 rock pins. And I’d rather see a Prince pin before Rush. Nothing bad to say about Rush, I like Rush. Neil is in my top 5 drummers of all time. But there’s an order and Rush is just not next on my list. Let’s go Motörhead, Let’s go Ozzy!

2BDF0E5B-E8DC-4D63-840A-A2A374704DCF (resized).png2BDF0E5B-E8DC-4D63-840A-A2A374704DCF (resized).png
#22546 2 years ago

Rush sucks. So overrated.

#22547 2 years ago
Quoted from bane:

Rush sucks. So overrated.

But Rush...Hour. Now that's a pin!

rush-hour-stern (resized).pngrush-hour-stern (resized).png
#22548 2 years ago

Top 20 worst bands of all time. #9 - RUSH
Also…this guy is worse than me. Jesus.

https://www.laweekly.com/top-20-worst-bands-of-all-time-the-complete-list/

Im with Chaka. Motorhead and Prince all day.

Quoted from thechakapakuni:

Ok, nothing against Rush. They have their place in rocks all time greats. But I’m pretty sure there’s still a lot of other bands I can think of that are front of the line especially when it comes to pinball. First and foremost, Motörhead. Lemmy loved pinball and video games. If you ever went to the Rainbow, he has a seat reserved there? Why? Is it because it’s a private booth and he wanted to be out of site like most rockers? Nope. It’s because it was the only seat that had video poker. Lemmy and Motörhead deserve a pin wayyyy before Rush. The pic attached is Lemmy playing a Black Knight. Show me a single picture of anybody from Rush playing pinball? Ozzy would be next in line, Van Halen, etc. Rush might be in the end of my top 10 rock pins. And I’d rather see a Prince pin before Rush. Nothing bad to say about Rush, I like Rush. Neil is in my top 5 drummers of all time. But there’s an order and Rush is just not next on my list. Let’s go Motörhead, Let’s go Ozzy!
[quoted image]

516C335E-0278-4F91-ABD2-E726203140ED (resized).png516C335E-0278-4F91-ABD2-E726203140ED (resized).png

#22549 2 years ago

If there is one thing on this planet more annoying than RUSH it’s Chris Tucker voice. That being said…I’d more likely buy a Rush hour pin than a RUSH pin.

Quoted from PinMonk:

But Rush...Hour. Now that's a pin!
[quoted image]

#22550 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

If there is one thing on this planet more annoying than RUSH it’s Chris Tucker voice. That being said…I’d more likely buy a Rush hour pin than a RUSH pin.

dude, you've made your point...

dh1.gifdh1.gif
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Cherry Hills Village, CO
$ 4,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 39.99
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

Machine - For Sale
Austin, MN
$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 24.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 65.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
FlipMods

Machine - For Sale
Warren, OH
There are 47,120 posts in this topic. You are on page 451 of 943.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/451?hl=onemilemore and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.