Thats-Racist-clean.gif
55561-universal_pictures_home_entertainment (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20220117-110152_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20220117-105818_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20220117-095733_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20220117-095342_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20220116-233247_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20220116-232925_Chrome (resized).jpg

There are 25,050 posts in this topic. You are on page 455 of 501.
#22701 76 days ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

The Monkees are so quiche

I've never thought of the Monkees as being quiche but each to their own

IMG_20211105_003030 (resized).jpg
#22702 76 days ago

haha, I meant to use niche and was thinking about the word kitsch too, so wrote ... quiche

Stern art has risen to a level where it needs to be. Today we can celebrate the death of using photoshopped art to mess up a perfectly good theme. (I think the Pin still uses photoshop work, and that is fine by me). Some pinball themes with plenty of egg that are prime for pinball ... Pee-Wee’s Big Adventure, Simpson’s Treehouse of Horror, Hellboy/2(original).

#22703 76 days ago

Just stirring , at least you didn't say nitch

#22704 76 days ago

haha, I meant to use niche and was thinking about the word kitsch too, so wrote ... quiche
Stern art has risen to a level where it needs to be. Today we can celebrate the death of using photoshopped art to mess up a perfectly good theme. (I think the Pin still uses photoshop work, and that is fine by me). Some pinball themes with plenty of egg that are prime for pinball ... Pee-Wee’s Big Adventure, Simpson’s Treehouse of Horror, Hellboy/2(original).

Photoshop still works for some themes in my opinion. For some themes hand drawn is the way to go.

I would like to see Simpson's Treehouse of Horror as well. That would be very fun.

#22705 76 days ago

Stern,
Any chance you can post generally speaking what licenses you have options on so we can narrow our guesses from wishful thinking to "ohhh cool"?

Thanks!

#22706 76 days ago
Quoted from pinball2020:

Stern,
Any chance you can post generally speaking what licenses you have options on so we can narrow our guesses from wishful thinking to "ohhh cool"?

Thanks!

OHHH NO.. That is like..

1. Telling kids there is no Santa.

2. Telling the wife you are bringing home 2 new pins.

We are dreamers and speculators here.

#22707 76 days ago
Quoted from sataneatscheese:

Next Stern pin reveal due 18 January 2022
Stern delivered slightly ahead of predicted (1 week early!) with Godzilla being revealed 14 September instead of the predicted 23 September based off of prior releases.
Math below.
Aerosmith 1/4/2017 (128 days after BM66)
Star Wars 5/31/2017 (147 days after Aerosmith)
Guardians of the Galaxy 11/2/2017 (156 days after Star Wars)
Iron Maiden 3/25/2018 (144 days after Guardians of the Galaxy)
Dead Pool 8/3/2018 (131 days after Iron Maiden)
Munsters 1/12/2019 (203 days after Deadpool)
Black Knight SOR 3/25/2019 (72 days after Munsters)
Jurassic Park 7/26/2019 (122 days after BK SOR)
Stranger Things: 12/23/2019 (150 days after Jurassic Park)
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: 5/27/2020 (155 days after Stranger Things)
Avengers Infinity War: 9/2/2020 (98 Days after Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles)
Led Zeppelin: 12/15/2020 (104 days after AIQ)
The Mandalorian: 5/11/2021 (147 days after Led Zeppelin)
Godzilla: 9/14/2021 (126 days after The Mandalorian)
The average time between cornerstone releases is now 134 days.
Next Stern Pin is due on or about 18 January, 2022
*Note that only “cornerstone” games with a Pro/Premium/LE pricing model are included for the purpose of this exercise.

Monthly reminder that Stern is not due to release a new pin until 18 January 2022 based off of previous releases. See quoted text above for history/logic.

#22708 76 days ago

Really hope the speculation on Harry Potter has traction. Not everyones cup of tea, but does please a whole range of patrons. The generation frequenting bars and arcades, and those well into or starting families both in general have a connection with the IP. So both operators and home use only get an enaging theme. Not sure what will actually happen, but im sure Stern wants to cast a wide as possible net with at least a few of their cornerstones

#22709 76 days ago
Quoted from Gutterghoul:

Really hope the speculation on Harry Potter has traction. Not everyones cup of tea, but does please a whole range of patrons. The generation frequenting bars and arcades, and those well into or starting families both in general have a connection with the IP. So both operators and home use only get an enaging theme. Not sure what will actually happen, but im sure Stern wants to cast a wide as possible net with at least a few of their cornerstones

I sure hope so, as I have no interest whatsoever in either Rush or Hairy Pothead, that gives my bankaccount a bit of recovery time after GZLE...

#22710 76 days ago

A little birdie told me the artist and designer have been assigned for Stern's next theme. Gary Stern has repented from his misogynistic ways and has gone full WOKE!

227cast (resized).jpg
#22711 76 days ago
Quoted from SadSack:

A little birdie told me the artist and designer have been assigned for Stern's next theme. Gary Stern has repented from his misogynistic ways and has gone full WOKE!
[quoted image]

Huh?

#22712 75 days ago
Quoted from sataneatscheese:

Monthly reminder that Stern is not due to release a new pin until 18 January 2022 based off of previous releases. See quoted text above for history/logic.</blockquote

Monthly reminder that Stern is not due to release a new pin until 18 January 2022 based off of previous releases. See quoted text above for history/logic.

Stern said they planned on trying to get one more in this year. I'm not 100% sure but I think it was gomez, who either stated or strongly hinted at 1 more this year.

#22713 75 days ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

Marty - "Doc, when are these fools at Stern gonna release BTTF?!"
Doc - "I dunno Marty, but when they do you're gonna see some serious shit!"
[quoted image]

A489486D-C1EE-4DB4-96D4-2920FEC9BE60 (resized).jpeg
#22714 75 days ago
Quoted from starfighter:

The next band after Rush is rumored to be The Monkees ... so ya got that going for ya, if that's your thing.

I assume you are making a joke, but I actually love both bands. But a Monkees pin sounds really stupid lol

#22715 75 days ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

I assume you are making a joke, but I actually love both bands. But a Monkees pin sounds really stupid lol

Yep. It was a joke.
However, when Stern reads this thread (Hi Gary) and they do build a Monkee's machine, I promise to bear the full wrath without complaint.

#22716 75 days ago
Quoted from starfighter:

Yep. It was a joke.
However, when Stern reads this thread (Hi Gary) and they do build a Monkee's machine, I promise to bear the full wrath without complaint.

I hope the LE would have an art package to make the game look like the bed they push around the streets....I feel so old making that reference.

#22717 75 days ago
Quoted from freeplay3:

I hope the LE would have an art package to make the game look like the bed they push around the streets....I feel so old making that reference.

You don't actually play the LE. Someone else plays it for you

#22718 74 days ago

Stern would be remiss if they don't make Neil's Moving Pictures era drum kit the centerpiece of the playfield. The kit could be on a drum riser with ramps leading up to both kick drums which could be open in the front for locking a ball in each one for an eventual multiball mode. There could be a cool orbit shot from a 3rd flipper off to the side or something that goes underneath the riser as well. Just some thoughts.

neilpeart (resized).png

#22719 74 days ago
Quoted from WizzardRob:

Please no! Nobody needs a Scorpions Pin
Nevertheless Scorpions might be recognized much more outside Germany than Rush is outside of US...

Nobody? Hmm. Would not bet on this statement. But yes, the last 30 years nothing mentionable from this band.

They were so popular in Japan in the 70s ("Tokyo Tapes" is a fantastic 2LP-Live-Album) at a time, mostly nobody noticed them in germany.
Really good songs from "Virgin Killer", "In trance" and "Taken by force", maybe their best album ever.

After "Tokyo Tapes" they were better known and had some good albums like "Lovedrive", "Blackout" and "Love at first sting".

Their way down began after the second 2LP-Live-Album "World wide live".

Just my opinion about Scorpions.

#22720 74 days ago

Anyone think we could see another Spider-Man pin? No way home is predicted to be a juggernaut at the box office later this year.

#22721 74 days ago
Quoted from J85M:

Anyone think we could see another Spider-Man pin? No way home is predicted to be a juggernaut at the box office later this year.

I say this with the chances of it being highly unpopular…I really hope Spiderman is not next or even close to the next couple releases.

I am kinda burned out on the whole marvel/dc super hero thing. It’s been over a decade of constant super hero stuff, and with Disney at the wheel, it will NEVER end. And I say this being someone who grew up on comics and still loves the stories, it’s just getting played. IDK. Personal opinion I guess.

…and before someone says it, yes I know my post up a bit is about a power rangers pin and that’s technically owned by Marvel, but I don’t consider them the same. You won’t see a power ranger in an avengers movie.

#22722 74 days ago
Quoted from NovaCade:

I am kinda burned out on the whole marvel/dc super hero thing. It’s been over a decade of constant super hero stuff, and with Disney at the wheel, it will NEVER end.

Agree. I am totally saturated with Marvel and Star Wars. Its not that I hate them… I just need a few years break.

#22723 74 days ago
Quoted from skink91:

Agree. I am totally saturated with Marvel and Star Wars. Its not that I hate them… I just need a few years break.

I'd play the hell out if a game based on Image's Invincible though. There's enough of the big two already out there and Deadpool set a REALLY high bar on good comic based pins

#22724 73 days ago

Enough already

When is someone going to talk to Sharon? A sit down, a little English tea, maybe give her a little foot rub....and tell her "We want a Black Sabbath pinball machine".....pretty please

#22725 73 days ago
Quoted from skink91:

I am ok with that...but can we also take a break from rock bands too?

#22726 73 days ago
Quoted from NovaCade:

I say this with the chances of it being highly unpopular…I really hope Spiderman is not next or even close to the next couple releases.
I am kinda burned out on the whole marvel/dc super hero thing. It’s been over a decade of constant super hero stuff, and with Disney at the wheel, it will NEVER end. And I say this being someone who grew up on comics and still loves the stories, it’s just getting played. IDK. Personal opinion I guess.
…and before someone says it, yes I know my post up a bit is about a power rangers pin and that’s technically owned by Marvel, but I don’t consider them the same. You won’t see a power ranger in an avengers movie.

Same here…and this is coming from a guy who has Spidey comics, movie posters and the Gottlieb and Stern machines in his basement.
They’d be better off to do a Venom machine, but that’s too much of a subcategory to appeal to the mainstream pinball audience.
Mickey needs to give the MCU a rest. I haven’t been remotely interested in a single movie since Endgame. Maybe the next Dr Strange flick will rekindle my interest, but so far this latest phase has been major meh to me.
Give me a Ghost Rider comic-themed pin that plays fast with artwork by Dirty Donny and a kicka$$ soundtrack. Or a Morbius machine with artwork from Randy Martinez and a creepy soundtrack. Better yet, give BLADE his due. Time to explore a darker side of the genre with comic-themed pins.

#22727 73 days ago

Or...and I'm just spitballing here...

FB_IMG_1626242346043 (resized).jpg
#22728 73 days ago

Get the rights for the Snyder Justice League movie and do a JL pinball machine. If it has the snazzy Wonder Woman Mediterranean Amazon action music in it when Amazons/Wonder Woman are fighting or competing I am in . Darkseid multiballl!

#22729 73 days ago

For real, this is IMPORTANT

Quoted from Txcoastal1:

Enough already
When is someone going to talk to Sharon? A sit down, a little English tea, maybe give her a little foot rub....and tell her "We want a Black Sabbath pinball machine".....pretty please

#22730 73 days ago

The Simpsons Treehouse of Horror.

6566374B-160D-41C3-8AC3-3AE98CC015FB (resized).jpeg
#22731 73 days ago

Just listened to a podcast with Dwight. His list of dream themes (he wants to do):

1. James Bond
2. Harry Potter
3. BTTF
4. Matrix
5. Alien

Pinball Players Podcast Episode 60 @29:30

#22732 73 days ago

Just listened to a podcast with Dwight. His list of dream themes (he wants to do):
1. James Bond
2. Harry Potter
3. BTTF
4. Matrix
5. Alien

I could get down with James Bond, especially if it was Classic Connery era (personal favorite). I have zero interest in Harry Potter but I get that it is or at one time was a phenomenon. BTTF…hell yes! Same for Matrix, I LOVE alien but with Pinball Bros release I doubt that happens anytime this decade

#22733 73 days ago

29:30 and 1:42:00

#22734 73 days ago

1. James Bond
2. Harry Potter
3. BTTF
4. Matrix
5. Alien

I'm in for 4 of the 5. The first four!

Hasn't the fifth already been done?

#22735 73 days ago
Quoted from Goronic:

I am ok with that...but can we also take a break from rock bands too?

After Rush and Megadeth and Welk… yes.

#22736 73 days ago

Gremlins would be an awesome theme for pinball. Maybe one day fingers crossed.

22985F5A-B911-4970-AAE6-0007035030ED (resized).jpeg
#22737 73 days ago
Quoted from pinball2020:

Get the rights for the Snyder Justice League movie and do a JL pinball machine. If it has the snazzy Wonder Woman Mediterranean Amazon action music in it when Amazons/Wonder Woman are fighting or competing I am in . Darkseid multiballl!

If they do Justice League I'd want the animated series looks over the live action crap DC pumps out.
Kevin Conroy and Clancy Brown doing callous? Yes please.

Screenshot_20211107-070722_Chrome (resized).jpg

#22738 73 days ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

If they do Justice League I'd want the animated series looks over the live action crap DC pumps out.
Kevin Conroy and Clancy Brown doing callous? Yes please.
[quoted image]

I thought about the animated series as well but not sure about the licensing if that is what Warner Brothers wanted out as their "official JL" stuff. Agree that would be cool though.

On the other hand though depending on the plot of the next Flash movie and how it shakes out maybe they can be accepted as alternative universe JL.

#22739 73 days ago
Quoted from Quicksilver1:

Stern would be remiss if they don't make Neil's Moving Pictures era drum kit the centerpiece of the playfield. The kit could be on a drum riser with ramps leading up to both kick drums which could be open in the front for locking a ball in each one for an eventual multiball mode. There could be a cool orbit shot from a 3rd flipper off to the side or something that goes underneath the riser as well. Just some thoughts.
[quoted image]

I’d love 2 shots/wireforms through the kick drums.

#22740 73 days ago
Quoted from pinball2020:

I thought about the animated series as well but not sure about the licensing if that is what Warner Brothers wanted out as their "official JL" stuff. Agree that would be cool though.
On the other hand though depending on the plot of the next Flash movie and how it shakes out maybe they can be accepted as alternative universe JL.

That crazy kid that plays the Flash makes the whole project a little worrisome. That guy is not a good actor and basically had to beg the community to keep his role. His involvement only cements my belief that it will be another DC train wreck which is a shame as I grew up on DC.

#22741 72 days ago
Quoted from Ty-Arnold:

Stern said they planned on trying to get one more in this year. I'm not 100% sure but I think it was gomez, who either stated or strongly hinted at 1 more this year.

I think January is the next game, then Ritchie’s game in May (which another designer took over and completely redesigned).

#22742 72 days ago

Rush, then Bond (Ritchie) finished by Gomez.

Quoted from Damonator:

I think January is the next game, then Ritchie’s game in May (which another designer took over and completely redesigned).

#22743 72 days ago

You are forgetting about the BTTF release, which is prior to reBond.

#22744 72 days ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

It's the possibility of what comes next (after Bond) that I am interested in...How about Eddy and Dwight on BTTF?

#22745 72 days ago

Yeah, I dunno…I don’t think so

You are forgetting about the BTTF release, which is prior to reBond.

#22746 72 days ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Yes - it’s Gomez - but he started over from scratch on the layout.

I’m also excited to see Randy Martinez’s 2022 title. Maybe Book of Boba Fett? (Just a wild guess - I have no idea)

#22747 72 days ago

I trust Gomez over Ritchie anyway. And there’s no way in hell Stern will do two Boba Fett games. Also feel like Martinez is the bottom of the barrel of Stern’s graphic artists. New blood needed. Dudes work on Mando looks like crayola crayons, he doesn’t have a firm understanding of color mixing, figure drawing or composition.

Quoted from Damonator:

Yes - it’s Gomez - but he started over from scratch on the layout.
I’m also excited to see Randy Martinez’s 2022 title. Maybe Book of Boba Fett? (Just a wild guess - I have no idea)

#22748 72 days ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

I trust Gomez over Ritchie anyway. And there’s no way in hell Stern will do two Boba Fett games. Also feel like Martinez is the bottom of the barrel of Stern’s graphic artists. New blood needed. Dudes work on Mando looks like crayola crayons, he doesn’t have a firm understanding of color mixing, figure drawing or composition.

Not true at all about Martinez - that SW Comic art is flipping awesome. I prefer his work over ZY actually.

I get it that you don’t like his style, but you don’t need to bag on him and act like he doesn’t have talent. The dude has mad talent and I would consider buying his next title for no other reason than having him on deck for the art.

#22749 72 days ago

There may come a time when the topper sells for more than the pro. That time is not now. CGC avoids this problem by building as many toppers as are ordered and then delivering them in a timely manner.

1A4B93EC-FB92-45C5-83C0-D1693D837999.jpeg

#22750 72 days ago

1. James Bond
2. Harry Potter
3. BTTF
4. Matrix
5. Alien

Did someone say Alien?

20211103_232149 (resized).jpg
There are 25,050 posts in this topic. You are on page 455 of 501.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside