Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,204 posts
  • 861 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 hours ago by PinMonk
  • Topic is favorited by 535 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2716 (resized).jpeg
    Pinside_forum_8194110_1-overlay (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    glasses.gif
    nedry.gif
    snaps.gif
    Screenshot_20240318_201633_Chrome (resized).jpg
    IMG_8074 (resized).jpeg
    download (resized).jpeg
    7136153e-4781-4514-8f75-26077beb0e35-1655665323130 (resized).jpg
    designer-delays (resized).png
    image000000 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1455.gif
    Skinner (resized).png
    26CDA9FF-5625-4BC0-AECC-1FF8C139FBFB (resized).jpeg
    There are 8,204 posts in this topic. You are on page 64 of 165.
    #3151 1 year ago

I still think this next title will catch everyone off guard .Bond doesn’t make sense right now and BttF seems a match made in heaven for Elwin’s next that would outsell GZ (the golden goose).Danger on a music pin seems smart since it will be his rookie outing .There’s the pin that Richie was on that Gomez took over and my guess would be Venom with that one (spider man , DP).So that leaves Eddy and he just came off a TV series theme that started slow and now they can’t make enough of .This is where I’m stumped .

#3152 1 year ago
    Quoted from Kkoss24:

I still think this next title will catch everyone off guard .Bond doesn’t make sense right now and BttF seems a match made in heaven for Elwin’s next that would outsell GZ (the golden goose).Danger on a music pin seems smart since it will be his rookie outing .There’s the pin that Richie was on that Gomez took over and my guess would be Venom with that one (spider man , DP).So that leaves Eddy and he just came off a TV series theme that started slow and now they can’t make enough of .This is where I’m stumped .

Maybe i misunderstood…can’t make enough of Mando? Seems like they can’t get rid of them

#3153 1 year ago
    Quoted from mbl1116:

Maybe i misunderstood…can’t make enough of Mando? Seems like they can’t get rid of them

Oh my bad , I forgot about Mando .I don’t know how that happened

#3154 1 year ago

2 TV series lmao

#3155 1 year ago

Don’t know where people are getting their facts about Mando sales, but according to my distributor, he can’t get enough to meet even half the demand for SWs Mando. Hottest game out there, next to GZ. With season 3 just being announced, demand for Mando will be even higher. Such a great shooter. One of Brian Eddie’s best ever, along with exciting code by Dwight. Wait till the topper finally releases for even more fun.

#3156 1 year ago
    Quoted from Thunderbird:

Don’t know where people are getting their facts about Mando sales, but according to my distributor, he can’t get enough to meet even half the demand for SWs Mando. Hottest game out there, next to GZ. With season 3 just being announced, demand for Mando will be even higher. Such a great shooter. One of Brian Eddie’s best ever, along with exciting code by Dwight. Wait till the topper finally releases for even more fun.

Just look at any distributors website or the barrage of Facebook posts advertising “in stock”. Rush, Mando and AIQ are everywhere. If you know people waiting definitely have them look around

#3157 1 year ago
    Quoted from Thunderbird:Don’t know where people are getting their facts about Mando sales, but according to my distributor, he can’t get enough to meet even half the demand for SWs Mando. Hottest game out there, next to GZ. With season 3 just being announced, demand for Mando will be even higher. Such a great shooter. One of Brian Eddie’s best ever, along with exciting code by Dwight. Wait till the topper finally releases for even more fun.

4 Mando pros on Amazon right this second. Ships straight from stern.. I assume the ones that make it to Amazon are the ones that don't really have a big backlog

#3158 1 year ago

STh is my favorite goto pin. At release, there were six mechanical issues. In addition, code for projector was limited and very difficult to see. Then came the uv playfield that nobody knew about and the subsequent rush to get the lighting kit. In spite of all these obstacles, every issue was resolved by Eddy and the game enjoys a top 15 game rankings .

For the past eighteen months, STh games were in strong demand with a limited supply and Stern has retired the game. I bought one off Pinside recently, and all the problems were fixed and mods were installed. I couldn’t be happier with a pinball purchase (sans the higher prices these days). And then I find out a new mod is going to be made this year. Pinch me, is it all just a dream or is STh super fun? I try to progress thru 5 levels of demogorgon in a game and if I make it , I’ll end with a great score.

Quoted from mbl1116:

I just traded mine [GZ prem] for an absolutely loaded Stranger Things premium figuring i can get one back within the year if I miss it that much

#3159 1 year ago

Anyone know when GOTG Pro’s hit the line?

#3160 1 year ago
    Quoted from MaxIsDead:

Stern released a 4th of July video today but it was all Avengers on the line in the vid.

#3161 1 year ago
    Quoted from Arcade:

Stern released a 4th of July video today but it was all Avengers on the line in the vid.

There was also Easter posters in the video so I'm not sure it was up to date

#3162 1 year ago
    Quoted from NoSkills:

There was also Easter posters in the video so I'm not sure it was up to date

True. I remember that now. lol

#3163 1 year ago

What are the odds that Stern will re-license Stranger Things and put it back on the line?

#3164 1 year ago
    Quoted from HomerEBW:

What are the odds that Stern will re-license Stranger Things and put it back on the line?

If I buy a premium at current prices then they will 100% run it again. That is how my luck is.

#3165 1 year ago
    Quoted from HomerEBW:

Would even be up for an LE priced unit with UVkit built in.

#3166 1 year ago
    Quoted from JToeps:

Would even be up for an LE priced unit with UVkit built in.

That would be sweet if they had an option for them to install the UV kit.

Personally, my wife played one at our local arcade and loved it. She loves the upside down mode. I just can’t pay these after market prices.

#3167 1 year ago
    Quoted from Thunderbird:

Not sure who your distro is? You can get Mando pro this month and Mando premium next month. What Distro are you talking to?

https://www.amdcoinop.com/mandalorian-pinball

#3168 1 year ago
    Quoted from MaxIsDead:

I heard end of August beginning of September. I have a deposit on one so I’m hoping it’s end of August!

#3169 1 year ago
    Quoted from Sorokyl:

4 Mando pros on Amazon right this second. Ships straight from stern.. I assume the ones that make it to Amazon are the ones that don't really have a big backlog

Amazon had a few Godzilla for sale back in late Feb and Deadpool late last month, so not really sure that argument holds water.

#3170 1 year ago

July 2022 - Jurassic Park Pro
    July 2022 - Godzilla Pro & Premium
    Aug 2022 - Star Wars Pro & Premium
    Aug 2022 - Led Zeppelin Pro & Premium (final run)
    Aug 2022 - NEW STERN CORNERSTONE
    Sep 2022 - NEW STERN CORNERSTONE
    Sep 2022 - Guardians of the Galaxy Pro (final run)
    Oct 2022 - Star Wars Home Edition (original & comic art)
    Oct 2022 - NEW STERN CORNERSTONE
    Nov 2022 - Jurassic Park Home Edition
    Nov 2022 - Elvira Premium
    Dec 2022 - TMNT Pro & Premium

#3171 1 year ago
    Quoted from sanctumwear:

July 2022 - Jurassic Park Pro
    July 2022 - Godzilla Pro & Premium
    Aug 2022 - Star Wars Pro & Premium
    Aug 2022 - Led Zeppelin Pro & Premium (final run)
    Aug 2022 - NEW STERN CORNERSTONE
    Sep 2022 - NEW STERN CORNERSTONE
    Sep 2022 - Guardians of the Galaxy Pro (final run)
    Oct 2022 - Star Wars Home Edition (original & comic art)
    Oct 2022 - NEW STERN CORNERSTONE
    Nov 2022 - Jurassic Park Home Edition
    Nov 2022 - Elvira Premium
    Dec 2022 - TMNT Pro & Premium

Thanks for the update! I’m hoping for JP next week or week after!

My guess is a lot of distributors are gonna have GZ pro in inventory for a little while. Maybe I’ll get lucky and get one below MSRP for cash deal

#3172 1 year ago

I see the schedule of production above. Are these schedules set in stone? Have there been cases in the past where Stern has miscalculated demand? I would assume that it takes an act of god to revise the schedule due to the time used in retooling the factory floor?

#3173 1 year ago
    Quoted from gandamack:

I see the schedule of production above. Are these schedules set in stone? Have there been cases in the past where Stern has miscalculated demand? I would assume that it takes an act of god to revise the schedule due to the time used in retooling the factory floor?

I’ve been following this thread for months. There is no proof that this list is based on facts. It’s likely based on rumors and some predictions were correct and others weren’t. People then make up stories like “they only partly assembled a title and left them in storage to finish when parts become available” or “demand is insane so they continued into the next month”.

TLDR: The list is not set in stone.

#3174 1 year ago
    Quoted from galore2112:

I hope not...because if I dont make the cut for my GZ in July, according to the list I will be waiting until 2023... (ordered early Dec. 2021)

#3175 1 year ago
    Quoted from galore2112:

I’ve been following this thread for months. There is no proof that this list is based on facts. It’s likely based on rumors and some predictions were correct and others weren’t. People then make up stories like “they only partly assembled a title and left them in storage to finish when parts become available” or “demand is insane so they continued into the next month”.

The base list is compiled from a distributor’s podcast, which is what Stern tells them at the time. Can’t predict everything but the only true surprises were the final run of GOTG and LZ in my estimation

#3176 1 year ago
    Quoted from Skeets:

I hope not...because if I dont make the cut for my GZ in July, according to the list I will be waiting until 2023... (ordered early Dec. 2021)

I cringe as I suggest this, but if you can swing it (even temporarily) the package deals that are becoming more common might make some sense for those waiting on GZ premium

I see a mando pro/gz prem package for 15,900. If you figure GZ prem at 8900 + shipping…you’d only have to sell the Mando for 6400 to break even

#3177 1 year ago
    Quoted from mbl1116:

you’d only have to sell the Mando for 6400 to break even

That could be an issue though. It seems Mando supply outweighs demand. Personally, I only played the game time one time so I cannot really say anything good or bad about it.

#3178 1 year ago
    Quoted from mbl1116:

I cringe as I suggest this, but if you can swing it (even temporarily) the package deals that are becoming more common might make some sense for those waiting on GZ premium
    I see a mando pro/gz prem package for 15,900. If you figure GZ prem at 8900 + shipping…you’d only have to sell the Mando for 6400 to break even

And this is exactly what I did, I'm tired of waiting and who knows if I'd even make the cut this year with my original order. It's like a fast pass.

#3179 1 year ago
    Quoted from galore2112:

There is no proof that this list is based on facts

The list is Sterns scheduled production that they've sent to distributors. I recently added the last call games to the list after Stern sent the email notifying distros/dealers last month.

The schedule can change they're still dealing with a parts supply shortage and logistics.
    ea912efa69c2d70246d03cda123bc9528e02e061 (resized).pngea912efa69c2d70246d03cda123bc9528e02e061 (resized).png

#3180 1 year ago
    Quoted from Skeets:

They haven’t release 3rd or 4th quarter production schedule to us via the podcast or other means at this time, there very well may be more runs of GZ this year. We’ll just have to wait a little longer for that info. They may be holding off on sharing that info because 1. They don’t have it (doubtful for q3 at least) or 2. They don’t want to give away to many details about the new release in august

#3181 1 year ago
    Quoted from gandamack:

That could be an issue though. It seems Mando supply outweighs demand. Personally, I only played the game time one time so I cannot really say anything good or bad about it.

I’ve seen this before with Mano pro + Maiden pro (combo)

Here it’s Mando pro + Godzilla premium (combo)

If anyone wants Godzilla premium get this and you’ll have to try and unload Mando.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/137433

This tells me the dealer is trying to attach Mando pro with a more in demand game so.

I know some people love Mando but it’s not my cup of tea.

#3182 1 year ago
    Quoted from mbl1116:

The base list is compiled from a distributor’s podcast, which is what Stern tells them at the time. Can’t predict everything but the only true surprises were the final run of GOTG and LZ in my estimation

I didn’t say that it was based on a lie. It’s based on an unverified report. Unless the distributor shows the actual list, it’s a rumor, by the definition of the word.

Another poster showed “last call” info with a screenshot. So that’s different in the sense that there’s some actual proof from Stern.

We have factual information that some machines were produced outside the rumored dates (pictures of production dates), hence this list isn’t set in stone.

That’s all I tried to express, an answer to another person’s question, if this list is set in stone.

#3183 1 year ago
    Quoted from galore2112:

I didn’t say that it was based on a lie. It’s based on an unverified report. Unless the distributor shows the actual list, it’s a rumor, by the definition of the word.
    Another poster showed “last call” info with a screenshot. So that’s different in the sense that there’s some actual proof from Stern.
    We have factual information that some machines were produced outside the rumored dates (pictures of production dates), hence this list isn’t set in stone.
    That’s all I tried to express, an answer to another person’s question, if this list is set in stone.

I thought the original list came from Gary Stern in a letter to distros. This list is slightly modified based on confirmed production updates from Stern to distros. You are correct that it’s not set in stone but I thought this is still very accurate.

#3184 1 year ago
    Quoted from jhallsuxatpinbal:I thought the original list came from Gary Stern in a letter to distros. This list is slightly modified based on confirmed production updates from Stern to distros. You are correct that it’s not set in stone but I thought this is still very accurate.

From what I understand the 2h2022 schedule was very loose and incomplete and provided months ago. I believe distributors are expecting updated 2h2022 schedule with some stuff moved around and more fleshed out. Example: they will almost certainly add Godzilla again before end of year, many distributors anticipate that and that's why you see (or saw) many "end of 2022" ETAs for gz prem even though July is last run on the official schedule.

I think the only value it provides is if you see something you want on this list, go ahead and contact a distro

#3185 1 year ago

dupe

#3186 1 year ago

This GZ premium run was what I was estimated to be as my run when I ordered last December. I feel like pinball time is going to feel very slow this month. Trying not to get to excited, but I am.

#3187 1 year ago

On the 24th, I got word from CT that she had a JP Premium for me. Was finally delivered today. June 8th build date.

20220706_123414 copy (resized).jpg20220706_123414 copy (resized).jpg
    #3188 1 year ago

Edited: misread original post

#3189 1 year ago
    Quoted from shanksfornothin:

They haven’t release 3rd or 4th quarter production schedule to us via the podcast or other means at this time, there very well may be more runs of GZ this year.

I would be surprised if there are more unexpected runs of GZ this year, but then again everything is supply chain driven. I imagine that plan is also in part with the expectation that a portion of those waiting on their particular distributors allotment will cancel and switch to whatever the new cornerstone announced is, and that some used GZs will start to hit the market at that time because people need to have the latest and greatest.

A lot of the remaining production runs are for home machines to get them in stock for the holidays which also make sense, as they are likely a higher profit and easier to produce item (also JP home is tons of fun, go play it).

#3190 1 year ago

Friday’s factory pic will be exciting. Looking forward to that for sure.

#3191 1 year ago

Finally received delivery today for my GZ premium! Just want to thank everyone here this thread has helped me keep my sanity and not email my dist 5 times a week LOL!
    This is my first pin and I couldn’t be more excited!

Ordered from Joystix in Houston early December. Build date was June 17

9F6C3B12-F3D9-4CE2-BEEF-BE412F4A384B (resized).jpeg9F6C3B12-F3D9-4CE2-BEEF-BE412F4A384B (resized).jpeg
    #3192 1 year ago

Finally received delivery today for my GZ premium!

Great news! I have been reading your posts. You picked a GREAT first game. Enjoy!

#3193 1 year ago

Finally received delivery today for my GZ premium! Just want to thank everyone here this thread has helped me keep my sanity and not email my dist 5 times a week LOL!
    Ordered from Joystix in Houston early December. Build date was June 17 [quoted image]

AWESOME!!!! Congrats!

#3194 1 year ago

Well I finally got notice that my Day 1 Godzilla Premium will be here next week. I'm going to go pick up a lotto ticket while I'm out today... I thought this day would never come.

#3195 1 year ago

Really seems like GZ stock is catching up quick. I think anyone still looking will be able to find one in the next few weeks to a month as the secondary market continues to fall

#3196 1 year ago

Does anybody have a GZ premium (or pro) on order through the Stern Rewards Program? I wonder how they allocate games for that. I know things can change but I was told there was none allocated for the program in the July run so I suppose I'll be waiting a while. Anybody heard any different?

#3197 1 year ago

Ordered from Joystix in Houston early December. Build date was June 17 [quoted image]

Welcome to the madness : ).

#3198 1 year ago

Factory Friday post on Instagram show Jurassic Park (Pro) on the line right now.

#3199 1 year ago
    Quoted from KneeKickLou:

Factory Friday post on Instagram show Jurassic Park (Pro) on the line right now.

Means next Friday should be Godzilla Pro

#3200 1 year ago

My distributor said GZ premium last week of July and I'm in his allotment. So if pro's go first they should be starting pretty soon.

There are 8,204 posts in this topic. You are on page 64 of 165.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-is-on-the-line-at-stern-pinball-delays/page/64?hl=mutagenman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.