Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,174 posts
  • 859 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 13 hours ago by bwalter
  • Topic is favorited by 532 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

glasses.gif
    nedry.gif
    snaps.gif
    Screenshot_20240318_201633_Chrome (resized).jpg
    IMG_8074 (resized).jpeg
    download (resized).jpeg
    7136153e-4781-4514-8f75-26077beb0e35-1655665323130 (resized).jpg
    designer-delays (resized).png
    image000000 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1455.gif
    Skinner (resized).png
    26CDA9FF-5625-4BC0-AECC-1FF8C139FBFB (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_5780 (resized).png
    bobbymcgeestub.png
    JT.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballaddicted.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#498 2 years ago
    Quoted from JStoltz:

Checking in in case it helps anyone else, I received a Mandalorian Premium today, born last Friday (Jan 21).

Nice! It is an awesome game... tough but I like it!

#556 2 years ago
    Quoted from gambit3113:

Confirmed that they must have pushed a whole bunch of Deadpool Premiums down the line this past week. I didn’t get on the list for the originally scheduled 12/21 run until late Sep/early Oct and got the call after Christmas that it was pushed to July/Aug. But it shipped out yesterday and is on the way now. Rush buyers’ misfortune is DP buyers’ fortune, I guess. Given the constant supply line delays these days, I bet those delayed builds get random weeks to catch up like this moving forward. Don’t lose faith.

I hope some of these DP premiums make it to Australia. We have had our name down for one since last March.

#559 2 years ago
    Quoted from Ceemunkey:

Would be nice to have some sort (or any sort) of indication wouldn't it? I don't think much communication is getting through to the distributors here.

In all fairness I have not reached out to our distro yet either. If it was not for Pinside I would not even know Stern made some premiums.

1 month later
    #1222 2 years ago
    Quoted from Fsdre:

Do you guys think April could be the last run of JP pro and premiums?

My opinion.

The game is a big seller, it came out in 2019. Stern will make more as long as there is demand.

Reason.

Deadpool came out in 2018 and they are still making them.
    Star Wars came out in 2017 and Stern have planned to make more.
    Stern made Metallica for years after release.
    Stern made ACDC for years after release.

#1240 2 years ago
    Quoted from Ceemunkey:

Just got word from my (awesome) distro here in Sydney that my DP premium is being loaded into a container and will be here mid-May or thereabouts.
    Doesn't seem to tally with any schedule I've seen, but damn I ain't complaining!

Congrats! Ours is coming too. We got the call yesterday.

If I was a betting man, I would bet they waited until they could fill a container before sending the next shipment. The games were made in January sometime I believe.

2 weeks later
    #1580 2 years ago
    Quoted from Saltimbanco:

Can someone share the link to the next Stern thread? I must have drained the topic by mistake..

There you go!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/527#post-6870547

4 weeks later
    #2138 1 year ago
    Quoted from TheClownpuncher:

Playfield and other issues aside, they sure seem to be building a lot of Rush machines for it to be considered a "turd"

No Pinball machine is a "turd". Only people are "turds"

There is no such thing as a shit pinball machine, only shit people.

#2151 1 year ago

Ha ha... That game really does test my opinion on pinball machines but proves me correct with the people part.

1 week later
    #2277 1 year ago
    Quoted from ThePlumber:

Incorrect sir! Look at GNR, JJP

We have a Gunners. and love it.. No game is a turd, only people are turds.

3 weeks later
    #2855 1 year ago
    Quoted from rai:

Does anyone know who is the designer on the next game?

Rumours are Brian Eddy..

3 weeks later
    #3167 1 year ago
    Quoted from Thunderbird:

Don’t know where people are getting their facts about Mando sales, but according to my distributor, he can’t get enough to meet even half the demand for SWs Mando. Hottest game out there, next to GZ. With season 3 just being announced, demand for Mando will be even higher. Such a great shooter. One of Brian Eddie’s best ever, along with exciting code by Dwight. Wait till the topper finally releases for even more fun.

Not sure who your distro is? You can get Mando pro this month and Mando premium next month. What Distro are you talking to?

https://www.amdcoinop.com/mandalorian-pinball

2 months later
    #3695 1 year ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

Do we know for sure there ARE pros for Bond? If it's a kapow release prem is the starting level.

No one really knows at the moment. Only Stern.

Will be interesting to see what is coming.

#3698 1 year ago
    Quoted from mbl1116:

FlipNOut is taking a list for Pros and Premiums so the expectation would be that this is a typical cornerstone release

Good info, Thanks!

No info from Stern apart from Insider saying a few LEs will be available online on the day of release.

2 months later
    #4206 1 year ago
    Quoted from mbl1116:The buzz surrounding this game feels like it’s faded into almost nothing with how long its taken

We are still keen and looking forward to flipping one soon!

#4213 1 year ago
    Quoted from Thunderbird:

Which model of Bond did you end up getting?

LE. I like Gomez design and Lonnie code. So far game looks pretty good.
    Hopefully games start shipping soon.

#4215 1 year ago
    Quoted from Thunderbird:

I’m with you on Bond LE. Awesome looking/playing game. Code will get there, George will see to that and so will Lonnie. Both have had lots of experience to learn from and with Mike on rules, should be epic. 6 major toys on that game, takes a top prize, imo. (Seven or eight if we count the drops and simulated underwater jet pop/scoop.) Game is loaded.

Congrats on your LE! Game is expensive in Australia so we sold our MandoLE to fund Bond.

I am on this thread so I can see when the games start shipping, hopefully soon. The early code does not bother me, I enjoy watching the code develop. I can see why coin droppers want finished code.

#4217 1 year ago
    Quoted from Thunderbird:

Same with me, enjoy code progression. Stern’s team won’t let us down, at least that’s what I’m hoping. How much in Australia?

2bb7bfe1667358b902a99ea31e6fd87b6389a523 (resized).png2bb7bfe1667358b902a99ea31e6fd87b6389a523 (resized).png
    2 months later
    #4851 1 year ago
    Quoted from seenev:

Did they sell any?

Did you get an invitation to join the party?

2 months later
    #5882 1 year ago
    Quoted from 1963BSARGS:

Careful, the Bond apologists will appear and berate you with scathing insults like “cry baby in his little cot”.
    As a Bond LE owner, I can unequivocally state it is a turd. It is loaded with ball traps and there are not enough coders at Stern to save it. The only reasons I can fathom as to why they would build more are (a) contractual minimum to be built, or (b) too many parts left.
    On a side note: who the hell puts a baby in a cot?

No pinball machine is a turd. Only people are turds. A pinball machine is just a toy.

Sell the game and move on. Sell it to someone that may like and appreciate it.

#5888 1 year ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

Thunderbirds and Cosmic Carnival would like a word with you.
    (Likely Spinal Tap, too...)

Ha ha! I may have to re think for those games!

#5901 1 year ago

A good dad would have also taught you that shit people say shit things. Best to stay away from these people. Appreciate life and what you have.

1 week later
    #6012 12 months ago
    Quoted from seenev:

I honestly think my distributor just pretended to take my GZ order last year. I've heard nothing. I don't even want it anymore but I haven't bothered canceling because the distributor never communicates anything anyways.

Did you pay a deposit?

1 month later
    #6402 11 months ago

Stern is moving to their new factory!

Ha ha.. I have no idea what the Huge announcement is. I am just making shit up!

#6408 11 months ago
    Quoted from freddy:

Topper silly!

You are correct!

#6415 11 months ago

Does anyone know if Stern have moved into their new premises yet?

#6419 10 months ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

I feel like it was supposed to be in late summer/early fall, but can't remember where I read that...

Thanks!

#6421 10 months ago
    Quoted from chad:

Initially was to happen this past January.
    Pinball Expo 2023 site mentions the tour in the New facility.

Thanks!

#6449 10 months ago
    Quoted from Grantman:

Their lease starts in October.

Probably why Stern are making as many games as they can now.. To remove the backlog and build inventory

#6455 10 months ago
    Quoted from JodyG:

George is already on the record as saying their typical factory move is production in the old building up to Friday night and games leaving the new facility on Monday. They have done this before fairly recently.

Wow. Hopefully Stern document the move and show it to us. Will be cool to watch.

#6544 10 months ago
    Quoted from Apollo18:

Are they running the Aces High Topper ?

Yep. That is the one Stern said they would make, lots of people have paid deposits.

2 weeks later
    #6774 10 months ago
    Quoted from thekaiser82:

What did Zach say when you reached out to him?

Exactly.

1 month later
    #7176 8 months ago
    Quoted from SuperNinjaMonkey:

I'm holding out for the prem deadpool for anyone that has played both is the prem worth the extra money.

Yes from me.

1 week later
    #7237 7 months ago
    Quoted from beltking:

They should be able to do 1000 le in a week at new place now.

I would be more worried about selling 1000 LE in a week. It is OK to have production capabilities but if you have slow sales, it is pointless.

JP30th LE just proved to me that 500 LE in today's market is plenty.

1 month later
    #7480 6 months ago
    Quoted from beltking:

Wish they did Gotg premium. You can get pros cheaper than msrp as it sits but not prem.

I am hoping for some more GOTG toppers!

1 month later
    #7647 5 months ago
    Quoted from PinStalker:

Too bad they didn't make more toppers.

I think Stern will make more GOTG toppers. I also thing they will be expensive too!

2 months later
    #7828 83 days ago
    Quoted from mbl1116:

You are immediately wasting a minimum of $1k buying NIB as opposed to a nice home use example right now

One point of view only. If you take your family to Disneyland and drop $1K, do you say to yourself I have just wasted $1K?

Some people like to buy new.

#7832 83 days ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

Only $1k for a family trip to Disneyland? What is this, 1995?

Times are tough.. 1 day is enough!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballaddicted.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-is-on-the-line-at-stern-pinball-delays?tu=pinballaddicted and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.