Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,250 posts
  • 864 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 days ago by Vino
  • Topic is favorited by 537 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_7654 (resized).png
    IMG_2716 (resized).jpeg
    Pinside_forum_8194110_1-overlay (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    glasses.gif
    nedry.gif
    snaps.gif
    Screenshot_20240318_201633_Chrome (resized).jpg
    IMG_8074 (resized).jpeg
    download (resized).jpeg
    7136153e-4781-4514-8f75-26077beb0e35-1655665323130 (resized).jpg
    designer-delays (resized).png
    image000000 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1455.gif
    Skinner (resized).png
    There are 8,250 posts in this topic. You are on page 165 of 165.
    #8201 49 days ago

Wonder if LE's are on hold for parts? Have not heard a peep about my LE shipping

#8202 49 days ago
    Quoted from ASAC_Schrader:

Wonder if LE's are on hold for parts? Have not heard a peep about my LE shipping

Don’t start those rumors lol

#8203 49 days ago
    Quoted from K9Marshal:

Don’t start those rumors lol

Who else would? He is our information pipeline with LE buyers.

#8204 49 days ago
    Quoted from ASAC_Schrader:

Supposedly LE backglass delays, according to Joel's stream tonight. They skipped to Premiums while waiting for the rest of the BG to arrive.

#8205 46 days ago
    Quoted from ultimategameroom:

Just remove Crazy Eddie’s face and replace it with Gary Stern.

Wow. Blast from the past!

(How many Pinsiders, especially younger ones not familiar with the New York metro area, are going “Who the h*ll is Crazy Eddie?”)

#8206 46 days ago
    Quoted from jfh:

(How many Pinsiders, especially younger ones not familiar with the New York metro area, are going “Who the h*ll is Crazy Eddie?”)

Used to buy my C64 games from them!

#8207 41 days ago

anyone know if BKSOR is on schedule this month?

#8208 41 days ago
    Quoted from ExSquid:

Used to buy my C64 games from them!

unless they were cartridges, who bought C64 games on floppy?

#8209 40 days ago
    Quoted from jfh:

IMG_7654 (resized).pngIMG_7654 (resized).png
    #8210 37 days ago

Jaws topper in production shipping late June… soon

#8211 37 days ago

Jaws topper already? What about Venom accessories?

#8212 36 days ago
    Quoted from tilt-master:

unless they were cartridges, who bought C64 games on floppy?

Floppy? That was for rich people. We were slumming it with cassette tape games.

#8213 35 days ago
    Quoted from Jigfer:

Jaws topper already? What about Venom accessories?

I think they want to forget about venom

#8214 35 days ago

I'm saving up for Venom 2.

#8215 35 days ago
    Quoted from gandamack:

I'm saving up for Venom 2.

2 fast (lock) 2 venomous … I live my life 1 mini mode at a time.

#8216 35 days ago
    Quoted from NC_Pin:

I think they want to forget about venom

very much lol

#8217 35 days ago

Shaker motor or no shaker motor?

#8218 35 days ago
    Quoted from Dalinar:

Depends on the game. If you're talking Wick, it's way too early to know. Forget the shaker, the general code itself is very basic right now.

#8219 34 days ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

Depends on the game. If you're talking Wick, it's way too early to know. Forget the shaker, the general code itself is very basic right now.

It truly is game dependent. I have one on my Iron Man and it’s perfectly integrated. It truly makes a difference. On my Star Wars I forget it’s even installed. What a waste. I might move it to a different game honestly.

#8220 34 days ago
    Quoted from Dalinar:

Jurassic Park has the best usage of the shaker motor. You really feel those T-Rex steps coming after you.

#8221 34 days ago
    Quoted from Dalinar:

I put a shaker in all my games day 1.

#8223 34 days ago
    Quoted from MiniPinHead:

Jurassic Park has the best usage of the shaker motor. You really feel those T-Rex steps coming after you.

Trex multiball feels like it's going to shake my cabinet apart.

#8224 34 days ago
    Quoted from MiniPinHead:

Zilla is terrific, too. I installed a shaker before playing a single game when we got one home.

There’s a mini wizard on JB007 called “Bond, James Bond” that is an absolute tour de force of shaker action. So some machines, like Bond, you wouldn’t think naturally lend themselves to shaker use still do. All five of our machines have a shaker. It’s not a must every time, but always a nice addition, IMO.

#8225 33 days ago
    Quoted from Nick_801:

I put a shaker in all my games day 1.

Me too. Shaker motor, headphone kit, and quiet PSU fan.

#8226 31 days ago

I just got a word from my stern dealer turn that iron maiden Pro will be on the line soon. He just sent me the invoice to approve and says it could be as soon as next 30 days

#8227 31 days ago
    Quoted from Kalipin:

I just got a word from my stern dealer turn that iron maiden Pro will be on the line soon. He just sent me the invoice to approve and says it could be as soon as next 30 days

Who would have thought that Iron Maiden would still be produced more than six years after its introduction? Incredible run.

#8228 31 days ago
    Quoted from dr_nybble:

Who would have thought that Iron Maiden would still be produced more than six years after its introduction? Incredible run.

I laugh each time when Stern does a "last call"

#8229 31 days ago
    Quoted from Kalipin:

Is that before or after BKSOR running this month supposedly.

#8230 31 days ago
    Quoted from dr_nybble:

Pin is fun af, not leaving my place…wife would kill me.

#8231 31 days ago

Are they still running Black Knight this month?

#8232 31 days ago
    Quoted from FLpinball:

Are they still running Black Knight this month?

I think so. Seeing more used up for sale.

#8233 31 days ago

Any reason (IP, for example) Stern couldn’t make more BM66s? That’s one of the machines I’d like at home for a bit.

#8234 31 days ago
    Quoted from Nicholastree:

Any reason (IP, for example) Stern couldn’t make more BM66s? That’s one of the machines I’d like at home for a bit.

No reason except licensing, but I can't imagine getting the license again would be hard or expensive, although Kapow is involved in that one, too, so the price will be more than a normal vault.

#8235 31 days ago
    Quoted from Kalipin:

Dude I hope you haven't been waiting on that. Iron Maiden (pro and prem) has been in stock consistently for the last year at various distros. I am suprised they are running them again. I assume it's a very small run since the last small run has taken 1+ year to sell through

But with the state of things, perhaps it is one of the pins that is clogging the distribution channel the least.

#8236 29 days ago

Anyone know when the next round of Jaws premiums are coming out?

#8237 29 days ago
    Quoted from Sorokyl:

Dude I hope you haven't been waiting on that. Iron Maiden (pro and prem) has been in stock consistently for the last year at various distros. I am suprised they are running them again. I assume it's a very small run since the last small run has taken 1+ year to sell through
    But with the state of things, perhaps it is one of the pins that is clogging the distribution channel the least.

I’m sure it’s not a problem because Maiden is a classic pin like Metallica (and many other pins I could name DP, SW) that would still sell many years from now. Might be worth it to make as many as possible within reason.

#8238 29 days ago
    Quoted from Sorokyl:

My local distro didn't have any Maidens for a long while, they were sold out, had to wait months for them to get in a used one to get a pro recently. I wasn't paying shipping from the few places that had it in stock so gladly waited.

Looking at a couple distros online does not paint a clear picture of the stock situation around the country.

#8239 29 days ago
    Quoted from PanzerKraken:

My local distro didn't have any Maidens for a long while, they were sold out, had to wait months for them to get in a used one to get a pro recently. I wasn't paying shipping from the few places that had it in stock so gladly waited.
    Looking at a couple distros online does not paint a clear picture of the stock situation around the country.

IDMN is so underrated it's crazy (well it's actually got a huge bump in love on the pinside 100 from way down near 20 last year or so to #6 today)
    the first time I played in in 2018 I was like "this game is soo different and fun" like nothign I ever played before.

now that Mr. Elwin has a few games, I see that style and feel is the "Elwin" style and everyone obviously loves it.
    I think maybe people weren't into it before as much as his other games and that could be because maybe the IDMN theme disinterested people?

But I've got to say it's one of my favorite games of all time. it's got so much going for it.

the other nice thing is the pro and premium play basically the same. I usually get premiums and have the IDMN premium but honestly I really don't see any advantage to the premium besides maybe the art and the actual captive orb ball, which is way better than the stand up target. The moving center "ramp" and the ball diverter really don't add to the game play at all, in fact I think I'd rather not have the diverter on the left ramp as it just slows the game down.

-brian

#8240 29 days ago
    Quoted from brzezicki:

the other nice thing is the pro and premium play basically the same.

Not the same. The premium is harder. The orb being a ball instead of a target means if you're not controlling the ball well, you will accidentally hit it and collect jackpots that aren't pumped up yet. Also, moving the mummy shot from the captive ball next to the center ramp to the left ramp makes that WAY harder.

I prefer the Prem for maiden, but it does not play the same as the pro.

#8241 29 days ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

Not the same. The premium is harder. The orb being a ball instead of a target means if you're not controlling the ball well, you will accidentally hit it and collect jackpots that aren't pumped up yet. Also, moving the mummy shot from the captive ball next to the center ramp to the left ramp makes that WAY harder.

I had a Pro and can't imagine that game being any harder

#8242 29 days ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

Could argue pro is non stop making it harder etc., I owned a premium, but these kind of debates go on.
    Most seem to feel this is the epitome of a Stern game with a clairvoyants hair difference in overall gameplay between models.

#8243 29 days ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

Agreed, pro is much easier. We sold our premium and picked up a pro. Only thing I found on the premium that makes things easier is the lift ramp, really miss that thing.

#8244 28 days ago
    Quoted from Gubbin:

I had a Pro and can't imagine that game being any harder

It's not harder in an in your face way, it just requires better ball control to score well. People just batting a ball around likely wouldn't notice much difference, except a much better show.

#8245 26 days ago

BKSOR back on the line, can’t wait for mine to show up

#8246 20 days ago

Another run of IMDN pros and premiums on factory friday it seems.

But last call guys!

1 week later
    #8247 7 days ago

Any word if Godzilla 70th is on the line ?

#8248 7 days ago
    Quoted from gonzo73:

I’ll take mine with the cabinet side art installed at the factory

#8249 6 days ago
    Quoted from gonzo73:

My local distributor said they are.

#8250 5 days ago
    Quoted from Pastor69:

Another run of IMDN pros and premiums on factory friday it seems.
    But last call guys!

There are 8,250 posts in this topic. You are on page 165 of 165.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.