Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,159 posts
  • 858 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 30 hours ago by Wildbill327
  • Topic is favorited by 532 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

glasses.gif
    nedry.gif
    snaps.gif
    Screenshot_20240318_201633_Chrome (resized).jpg
    IMG_8074 (resized).jpeg
    download (resized).jpeg
    7136153e-4781-4514-8f75-26077beb0e35-1655665323130 (resized).jpg
    designer-delays (resized).png
    image000000 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1455.gif
    Skinner (resized).png
    26CDA9FF-5625-4BC0-AECC-1FF8C139FBFB (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_5780 (resized).png
    bobbymcgeestub.png
    JT.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cobray.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1096 2 years ago

Stern has a super deep money making opportunity, all limited by what they can produce. Just imagine if they could expand production. And with all the pinballs lined up over the months, they could still sell A TON of old Vault machines if they decided to do them... tens of thousands IMO... Kiss, Metallica, AC/DC, Tron, Iron Maiden, LOTR, Etc...

1 week later
    #1260 2 years ago

The wait for games has become ridiculous, but what makes it worse is when you see Stern release a whole new title (or two!) and then deliver a bunch of those games as well as older titles to people.. all while you just wait for the game you put money down on 5+ months ago during it's release.

Bitching to the choir here, but I needed to get it out

1 week later
    #1463 2 years ago

I'm not sure what to think reading all this. Does this mean that the bigger, been around a long time distributors are getting so many orders that it no longer makes sense to order from them? Now I can go to a newer (smaller?) distributor with no customer base and order a game and get it quicker? Sure looks that way! Some dealers marking up prices or just throwing extras they have (and I'm sure just not giving it to someone on their purchase list) as trade bait to get rarer games to make even more money on. All while we've seen crazy price increases for the same pro/premium games? I'm beginning to despise this hobby in a lot of ways.. but still want the escape Home Pinball provides me and my family as it has for over the past decade.

I have never been as frustrated as I am now... I was an early order for GZ prem and I keep getting delayed. Not going to mention who I ordered from, I know it's Stern's fault and the whole shitty process and what it has become, after all my distributer wants to make money and sell games. Why in the heck does rush get produced and pumped out while I'm still waiting for the game Stern sold me before it? Just to tease me while Rush buyers get to enjoy their games?

And now this whole thing has brought in speculators in record numbers, just to muddy things up even more.

Also, I see some mentioning that Mando is in stock and implying that Distributors are desperate to move them. That has to be a joke, right? In 3-4 months the NIB Mandos will be dried up and they'll be back in the "can't find" category with people paying over NIB prices, just like so many other releases have done. There are so many Stern games that have done this over the past decade you should never think a NIB stern is hard to move... that's comical to me...

#1477 2 years ago
    Quoted from rai:

I’ve got preorder from Cointaker and GameExchange

Apparently, so does 1000 of us here LMAO. Meanwhile, "Bob's Pinballs" can get you a game quicker! or so it seems. Not saying it's right... it is what it is and it's not what it used to be!

#1483 2 years ago
    Quoted from Vitty:

I'm still waiting on a day 1 order from Cointaker forGodzilla premium. No update so far.

This is ridiculous, actually. Is Stern punishing them or what? Now new dealers are taking inventory from the dealers that kept Stern afloat through the years? Kind of like a new Chevy dealer that hasn't been in the game getting new C8 Corvettes before long-established dealers.

#1526 2 years ago

Well, what the F is the sense of getting excited about new Stern pinball releases then? WOW, that's awesome!! Can't wait to own one in 2 (TWO) Years!!

1 month later
    #2185 1 year ago
    Quoted from NPO:

People stop buying from flippers, and it will stop. But people can't. Got to have that fix.
    Either stop buying or pay the price and contribute to the problem that is the current market.

I've seen dealers playing the markup game also... nothing you can do.

1 week later
    #2359 1 year ago

I'm still a day one order for GZ Prem, and NOTHING. I don't even want to watch the next Stern pinball launch video for the next game, what's the sense?

Hey, I want that! I guess I can order now and get it in a year!! I honestly prefer playing in my home over on-location... with my family and friends where I can hear the machine loud and clear.

Congrats to everyone getting their games, I remember that feeling

1 week later
    #2575 1 year ago

man this is disheartening, I thought way more GZ premiums would be rolling out.

#2631 1 year ago

So again, no or very little Godzilla premiums being produced.

Just THE Hottest game with so many that have had orders in since September. Nine (yes, NINE) months out and those just wanting a machine they ordered have no idea when they will get it.

Thank you, Stern!

#2729 1 year ago
    Quoted from rai:

I’m hoping for Tron Vault

man that would be too good to be true!! I miss my tron badly and would buy another in a flash!

#2842 1 year ago

So they're done with Godzillas already? WTF!!! UGGHHHHH.

I'm never getting mine.

#2854 1 year ago
    Quoted from scootss:

I just heard that the godzilla run was cut short due to warped playfields and that they would go back on the line soon. Has anyone else heard this?

Good point- I feel better about not getting the latest run. I owned a AC/DC with a warped playfield and it was an absolute nightmare to deal with and I never want to deal with that again.

#2859 1 year ago
    Quoted from mbrave77:

Cointaker had a facebook ad today that said another run of guardians Pro is happening in the fall. I know some were wondering if that was ever to occur

Stern purging their GOTG parts bins. Wish they had some huge Tron parts bins in a cage somewhere lol

1 week later
    #2992 1 year ago

People talking about availability of GZ's- for the record, I could have had a Pro months ago at MSRP.. it's the Premium that is tough to get.

Maybe someone can answer this question- I've had a GZ Premium on order for almost 9 months with a large distributor... should they be able to tell me now whether my game is coming in July? IE, do they have an allocation number of how many they are getting in the next batch and they can look at the wait list and determine that my order is scheduled to be filled?

2 weeks later
    #3194 1 year ago

Well I finally got notice that my Day 1 Godzilla Premium will be here next week. I'm going to go pick up a lotto ticket while I'm out today... I thought this day would never come.

4 months later
    #4468 1 year ago

I love this hobby, but man I hate the fact that Stern is cutting corners and doing everything they can to save a buck... all while raising prices constantly. This last jump of $700 on premiums pissed me off, now learning that they're going cheap on little things "just because the customers can't tell a difference" is just unbelievable

#4475 1 year ago
    Quoted from mstang01:

Lol, I would think his reaction only being a little dismissive shows why he’s in a public facing role with Stern. Complaining about them solving a technical obstacle with an efficient solution that doesn’t affect gameplay seems like we just have too much time on our hands or we have another axe we’re grinding (cost of machines, etc.).

Maybe they'll pass those savings on. Errr, nope.

1 week later
    #4562 1 year ago
    Quoted from Concretehardt:

It would be neat if Stern could throw a bone to the guys they rear ended when they shoved them aside to make the 40th anniversary games instead of the run of premiums they were supposed to do last November. Maybe say hold the 2022 pricing for the guys who have invoices from 2021. What do you say Gary? it’s Christmas, come on don’t be this guy....
    [quoted image]

As much as Stern squeezes dollars (and even pennies) from every little thing they can and given the way they have moved forward with being less personal with it's buyers and 100% about profits (and NOTHING else), I'd say this is even more of a pipe dream than a dream.

Now go buy that $2,000.00 crappy plastic topper that costs $128.00 to produce, please, it's the end of the year and they need to pump up the numbers.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cobray.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-is-on-the-line-at-stern-pinball-delays?tu=cobray and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.