Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,175 posts
  • 859 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by big-c66
  • Topic is favorited by 532 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

glasses.gif
    nedry.gif
    snaps.gif
    Screenshot_20240318_201633_Chrome (resized).jpg
    IMG_8074 (resized).jpeg
    download (resized).jpeg
    7136153e-4781-4514-8f75-26077beb0e35-1655665323130 (resized).jpg
    designer-delays (resized).png
    image000000 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1455.gif
    Skinner (resized).png
    26CDA9FF-5625-4BC0-AECC-1FF8C139FBFB (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_5780 (resized).png
    bobbymcgeestub.png
    JT.gif
    There are 8,175 posts in this topic. You are on page 149 of 164.
    #7401 7 months ago
    Quoted from beltking:

Venom Le going into production this week for USA sales. Per distributor.

So my guess is even though Stern can produce 1000 machines a week, they are only doing 500. Hope my LE gets shipped this week.

#7402 7 months ago
    Quoted from lu505:

So my guess is even though Stern can produce 1000 machines a week, they are only doing 500. Hope my LE gets shipped this week.

Stern didn't magically double production on day 1 in the new factory

#7403 7 months ago

Thanks for the updates on The Pinball Show podcast episode 138, @zmeny. Venom LE is on the line, and Premiums should start up next week.

Sep 2023 - Venom LE
    Oct 2023 - Venom Premium
    Oct 2023 - Deadpool Pro & Premium
    Oct 2023 - Foo Fighters Pro
    Nov 2023 - Godzilla Premium
    Dec 2023 - GOTG Pro
    Dec 2023 - Bond Pro & Premium
    Q1 2024 - Cornerstone #1 (Jaws?)
    Q2 2024 - Cornerstone #2 (?)
    ??? 2024 - SW Pro & Premium
    ??? 2024 - Mando Pro & Premium
    Q2 2024 - Venom Pro
    Q2 2024 - FF Pro
    Q3 2024 - Godzilla Pro
    Q3 2024 - JP Pro
    Q3 2024 - Cornerstone #3 (?)
    Q4 2024 - FF Premium
    Q4 2024 - Bond Pro & Premium

#7404 7 months ago
    Quoted from SuperNinjaMonkey:

thats great hopefully that means they will start working on deadpool the fist week of oct.

They have Venom Premium to do first.

#7405 7 months ago

If Stern only gets 500 distro orders for Venom LE, will they make all 1,000 units?

#7406 7 months ago
    Quoted from kermit24:

If Stern only gets 500 distro orders for Venom LE, will they make all 1,000 units?

LE-specific parts were ordered a long time ago and are paid for, so likely yes.

#7407 7 months ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

LE-specific parts were ordered a long time ago and are paid for, so likely yes.

There have been instances where they didn’t complete LE runs. Beatles. WWE. It’s possible. I know of at least one distro that took less than half of his typical allotment because they didn’t have the orders.

#7408 7 months ago
    Quoted from kermit24:

There have been instances where they didn’t complete LE runs. Beatles. WWE. It’s possible. I know of at least one distro that took less than half of his typical allotment because they didn’t have the orders.

Beatles completely sold all their Diamond units (the LE equivalent). It was the Golds they didn't finish because they sold all the Diamond and Platinums and had no more to bundle in 10 packs to force distros to take the overpriced golds. All Beatles "LEs" were run.

WWE was the very first Spike, so I don't know if they ran them all, but that's kind of a special case and evergreen Stern joke release.

#7409 7 months ago

Was there any update on when the next batch of Godzilla toppers would run?

#7410 7 months ago
    Quoted from Fsdre:

Was there any update on when the next batch of Godzilla toppers would run?

My distro said December.

#7411 7 months ago

So other than this November, there'll be no GZ prem until 2025?

#7412 7 months ago
    Quoted from gnocchi_pesto:

GZ Prem are in stock at many distributors today.

#7413 7 months ago

Based on your location: Are you also on Pinball Pirate’s waiting list for GZ Premium? I am, and this production schedule is making it look more and more like I’ll only get the damn machine if I eat that $1000 deposit and pay another distributor to ship one to me.

#7414 7 months ago
    Quoted from bwalter:

Based on your location: Are you also on Pinball Pirate’s waiting list for GZ Premium? I am, and this production schedule is making it look more and more like I’ll only get the damn machine if I eat that $1000 deposit and pay another distributor to ship one to me.

If they don’t refund you just reverse the deposit (assuming on a credit card). There has to be a reasonable time frame for a delivery or you should be able to back out. Although I’m not sure the time limit on a CC purchase to be refunded.

#7415 7 months ago
    Quoted from rai:

If they don’t refund you just reverse the deposit (assuming on a credit card). There has to be a reasonable time frame for a delivery or you should be able to back out. Although I’m not sure the time limit on a CC purchase to be refunded.

Nah, it wasn’t on a CC. Don’t get me wrong; I love my distributor. Chris at Pinball Pirate and his crew are great; they’re just not getting enough GZ Premiums and I’m way down their non-refundable deposit-paid waiting list. I paid in early July and unless Stern more than doubles their previously-forecasted allocation of GZ Prems slated for PP this winter, I’m not getting mine until 2025 (based on this most-recent schedule). That is, unless I get one shipped from elsewhere and just eat that deposit. I’d also lose out on their warranty/service, which if my other NIBs are any indication, I’ll sorely lack. We’re still trying to sort out an electrical glitch in my JP30.

#7416 7 months ago
    Quoted from bwalter:

Nah, it wasn’t on a CC. Don’t get me wrong; I love my distributor. Chris at Pinball Pirate and his crew are great; they’re just not getting enough GZ Premiums and I’m way down their non-refundable deposit-paid waiting list. I paid in early July and unless Stern more than doubles their previously-forecasted allocation of GZ Prems slated for PP this winter, I’m not getting mine until 2025 (based on this most-recent schedule). That is, unless I get one shipped from elsewhere and just eat that deposit. I’d also lose out on their warranty/service, which if my other NIBs are any indication, I’ll sorely lack. We’re still trying to sort out an electrical glitch in my JP30.

Lesson learned....NEVER put down a deposit for a game. Be patient and wait it out as most come available eventually. GZ Premiums are really easy to come by these days and I doubt that will change over the next couple years. I learned my lesson several times (unfortunately) with putting deposits down for CGC games....NEVER again

#7417 7 months ago
    Quoted from bwalter:

I would talk with them about their getting a Zilla premium NIB from another distributor that has surplus stock. Win-win: you get your local distributors warranty, they get a happy repeat customer, and the other distributor unloads a GZ that hasn’t sold and may not sell for a long time.

#7418 7 months ago
    Quoted from Nicholastree:

I would talk with them about their getting a Zilla premium NIB from another distributor that has surplus stock. Win-win: you get your local distributors warranty, they get a happy repeat customer, and the other distributor unloads a GZ that hasn’t sold and may not sell for a long time.

I guess I was assuming that wasn’t an option, but I will ask them. They should be delivering my Venom soon enough anyway…

#7419 7 months ago
    Quoted from PtownPin:

Lesson learned....NEVER put down a deposit for a game. Be patient and wait it out as most come available eventually. GZ Premiums are really easy to come by these days and I doubt that will change over the next couple years. I learned my lesson several times (unfortunately) with putting deposits down for CGC games....NEVER again

Over the past 2-3 years supply was so tight / demand so strong - deposits and waiting were the norm.

I don't think we will see a market like that for a long time if ever again.

Very thankful I didn't put a deposit down on Pulp Fiction. Could be a year plus by the time people get them.

#7420 7 months ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

Beatles completely sold all their Diamond units (the LE equivalent). It was the Golds they didn't finish because they sold all the Diamond and Platinums and had no more to bundle in 10 packs to force distros to take the overpriced golds. All Beatles "LEs" were run.
    WWE was the very first Spike, so I don't know if they ran them all, but that's kind of a special case and evergreen Stern joke release.

To take the “overpriced BEATLES golds”.

Diamond and Platinum were the most overpriced BS prior to Bond 60th

#7421 7 months ago

500 per week ramping up to 1,000 in the new factory while NIB inventory piles up at Distributors.

I’m thinking this is a recipe for disaster unless they can keep the pump going with Distro credit card sales. That won’t last long

You can buy every one of these games for LESS on the used market right now.

The NIB glut is driving some Distros to offer COST and below. Call around

#7422 7 months ago
    Quoted from bwalter:

Wait until Jan 1st price increases. Cancel order due to material change in contract (old price becoming 2024 price), get full refund. It's not non-refundable if the terms of the contract are changed by the seller.

#7423 7 months ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

Wait until Jan 1st price increases. Cancel order due to material change in contract (old price becoming 2024 price), get full refund. It's not non-refundable if the terms of the contract are changed by the seller.

Man you are delusional if you think there will be Jan “price increases”.

#7424 7 months ago
    Quoted from bwalter:

I'm not. I'm planning to get my GZ used. So many people selling out there, I see new GZ being listed everyday. Not surprised, I think it's one of the most if not the most owned pins today. Also you can get one from shows at a discount. Pinball Pirate brought 4 GZ to CAX last month, and they will probably have some at next month's Pin a go go.

#7425 7 months ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

No Jaws price increase.

#7426 7 months ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Man you are delusional if you think there will be Jan “price increases”.

They should do it....... sock it to those Jaws people. All they have to say is "this is the most expensive license EVER!!!"
    There's a good chance you see EHOH pricing for all premiums (it's happened every year the last three years running).

#7427 7 months ago

I'm not. I'm planning to get my GZ used. So many people selling out there, I see new GZ being listed everyday. Not surprised, I think it's one of the most if not the most owned pins today. Also you can get one from shows at a discount. Pinball Pirate brought 4 GZ to CAX last month, and they will probably have some at next month's Pin a go go.

The 2 GZ Prems that P.P. is bringing to Pin a go go are already spoken for. Then they’re supposedly only getting a handful more from Stern this fall. I sure hope that changes.

#7428 7 months ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

Hopefully they aren't stupid enough to increase prices right now. While sales are way down and stuff is just piling up at dealers.

#7429 7 months ago

If my memory serves correctly, they always did the price increase the last few years in the fall release, Godzilla, and bond and then all the other games got that increase in January. There was no price increase for venom so maybe that's a good sign

#7430 7 months ago
    Quoted from bwalter:

We’re still trying to sort out an electrical glitch in my JP30.

Quoted from bwalter:

They should be delivering my Venom soon enough anyway…

Sounds like you've given this distributor some serious business lately. You should also just try having a discussion with them. Hopefully they are reasonable about 1) finding one from another distro; 2) refunding your deposit; 3) putting it toward your venom balance; or 4) deferring the deposit for a future purchase (worst option).

You've been giving them a lot of money and now it is their turn to show you your value to them as a happy customer.

#7431 7 months ago
    Quoted from kool1:

Over the past 2-3 years supply was so tight / demand so strong - deposits and waiting were the norm.
    Very thankful I didn't put a deposit down on Pulp Fiction. Could be a year plus by the time people get them.

I have a "free" spot for my PFLE due to the fact that CGC hasn't delivered on my CCRLE. Once they deliver on the CCR I'll have to fork over the deposit if I want the spot, which isn't gonna happen. The only way I could change my mind is if PM got someone else to make the game. Waiting 2+ years for a CGC game isn't worth the wait especially in this market. Were on the verge of games dropping 10-30% off MSRP as soon as u open the box

#7432 7 months ago
    Quoted from PtownPin:

Were on the verge of games dropping 10-30% off MSRP as soon as u open the box

30%? Not going to happen. Lots of history before the crazy period to show how 'current gen' games do well at holding in a relative band of pricing below NIB prices.

Used prices lower than NIB? of course... as long as there are new people in the hobby who aren't confident in their skills people will always be willing to pay a premium for NIB vs used.

The whole 'my 3 month old game has appreciated over NIB' was a temporary anomaly and everyone of sound mind knows that would not continue once the production scarcity issue was resolved. That doesn't mean all prices are crashing - it means we will be moving back towards normal.

People who can afford it will prefer NIB over used
    People who want the latest title will pay Stern NIB prices
    Used prices will be lower than NIB unless a title was somehow under produced or somehow significantly enhanced post-production
    Modern HUO used titles will not radically drop in value radically as long as the hobby keeps expanding and the market is dominated by Home buyers

#7433 7 months ago

Venom le shipping now with some dealers getting them tomorrow so a lot will be going out Monday.

#7434 7 months ago
    Quoted from beltking:

Venom le shipping now with some dealers getting them tomorrow so a lot will be going out Monday.

Man, I hope I get mine next week!!!

#7435 7 months ago
    Quoted from flynnibus:

30%? Not going to happen. Lots of history before the crazy period to show how 'current gen' games do well at

Maybe not the pros or LE's... But multiple examples of out of the box Turtles and Mandolorian Prems (which are ostensibly targeted to home buyers) on the market for a 20-23% discount from MSRP. Is 30% really that far fetched?

Agree with all your other points though.

#7436 7 months ago

Is turtles out of production now?

#7437 7 months ago

They just did last call, so technically yes. But still available NIB.

#7438 7 months ago
    Quoted from BallLocks:

Maybe not the pros or LE's... But multiple examples of out of the box Turtles and Mandolorian Prems (which are ostensibly targeted to home buyers) on the market for a 20-23% discount from MSRP. Is 30% really that far fetched?

yes, in most generalizations … there will be outliers. But i think your examples more highlight a corner case about price increases rather than modern era depreciating quickly.

Both those titles are extremes of the price increases of the last three years… nearly 2k (almost 25%) increases on the same exact game just based on build dates. And you’ll find in those cases, the games look discounted vs the new price points… but still strong vs the original prices.

Basically the new inflated price point isn’t holding because there is a supply of equal games that were bought much cheaper that people want to move.
    interesting point and discussion!

#7439 7 months ago
    Quoted from flynnibus:

yes, in most generalizations … there will be outliers. But i think your examples more highlight an edge case about price increases rather than modern era depreciating quickly.
    Both those titles are extremes of the price increases of the last three years… nearly 2k (almost 25%) increases on the same exact game just based on build dates. And you’ll find in those cases, the games look discounted vs the new price points… but still strong vs the original prices.
    Basically the new inflated price point isn’t holding because there is a supply of equal games that were bought much cheaper that people want to move.
    interesting point and discussion!

Look a Bond LE's .... MSRP $13K + Shipping + tax....NIB buyers could be into that game at $14.5K+ and they are seeing them in the marketplace for $10.6K .... its gonna happen at some point, and this is just the beginning .... its gonna be interesting to see how this plays out the next couple years.

#7440 7 months ago
    Quoted from kool1:

Winter is coming and I’m starting to see quite a few masks out in public. Don’t be surprised if it happens again in the future. By that time all the new Distro’s will probably have closed due to there being too many of them sitting on stock.

I fondly remember the market in 1990’s -2000’s. Order a LOTR, Simpsons,random title. If it wasn’t in stock just wait 3-4 weeks and pick it up at the Distro.

#7442 7 months ago
    Quoted from flynnibus:

30%? Not going to happen. Lots of history before the crazy period to show how 'current gen' games do well at holding in a relative band of pricing below NIB prices.
    Used prices lower than NIB? of course... as long as there are new people in the hobby who aren't confident in their skills people will always be willing to pay a premium for NIB vs used.
    The whole 'my 3 month old game has appreciated over NIB' was a temporary anomaly and everyone of sound mind knows that would not continue once the production scarcity issue was resolved. That doesn't mean all prices are crashing - it means we will be moving back towards normal.
    People who can afford it will prefer NIB over used
    People who want the latest title will pay Stern NIB prices
    Used prices will be lower than NIB unless a title was somehow under produced or somehow significantly enhanced post-production
    Modern HUO used titles will not radically drop in value radically as long as the hobby keeps expanding and the market is dominated by Home buyers

Agreed

Quoted from PtownPin:

I have a "free" spot for my PFLE due to the fact that CGC hasn't delivered on my CCRLE. Once they deliver on the CCR I'll have to fork over the deposit if I want the spot, which isn't gonna happen. The only way I could change my mind is if PM got someone else to make the game. Waiting 2+ years for a CGC game isn't worth the wait especially in this market. Were on the verge of games dropping 10-30% off MSRP as soon as u open the box

I admit the fomo this winter was hitting me hard. I was so mad when I didn't get a PF LE spot. I don't care anymore. I might pick up a used PF SE at a discount one day, but the topper wasn't going to change my life.

#7443 7 months ago

Name a better villain that Venom? Sheesh.... that's so easy. Let's see...... Almost any other villain?

But for pinballl..... there's one in particular that comes to mind (and we could get custom call-outs easy)

White-Goodman (resized).jpgWhite-Goodman (resized).jpg
    #7444 7 months ago

interesting caption from Stern here, because Venom isn’t the villain in this game… isn’t really even a single entity. Splitting hairs…

#7445 6 months ago

Anyone get there Venom LEs yet?

#7446 6 months ago
    Venom isn't a villain lol they're selling a license for a character they no nothing about lol

#7447 6 months ago
    Quoted from SuperNinjaMonkey:

thats great hopefully that means they will start working on deadpool the fist week of oct.

“Fist” is an appropriate typo when talking about anything Stern…

#7448 6 months ago
    Quoted from LORDDREK:

“Fist” is an appropriate typo when talking about anything Stern…

#7449 6 months ago

Just posted their State of the Union:

https://sternpinball.com/2023/10/03/stern-of-the-union-address-october-2023/

Stranger Things:

After being lost in The Upside Down… Stranger Things Pinball has returned. Join Mike, Lucas, Dustin, Will and Eleven as they try to uncover the events occurring in Hawkins, and maybe take down a few Demodogs along the way. Don’t miss out on the return of Stranger Things Pinball and El-evate your game room this holiday season!
    IMG_3362 (resized).jpegIMG_3362 (resized).jpeg

#7450 6 months ago
    Quoted from Pinball_Eddie:

Just posted their State of the Union:
    https://sternpinball.com/2023/10/03/stern-of-the-union-address-october-2023/
    Stranger Things:
    After being lost in The Upside Down… Stranger Things Pinball has returned. Join Mike, Lucas, Dustin, Will and Eleven as they try to uncover the events occurring in Hawkins, and maybe take down a few Demodogs along the way. Don’t miss out on the return of Stranger Things Pinball and El-evate your game room this holiday season!
    [quoted image]

Looks like a Upside down LE. expensive vault incoming?

There are 8,175 posts in this topic. You are on page 149 of 164.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-is-on-the-line-at-stern-pinball-delays/page/149 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.