Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,168 posts
  • 859 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 18 hours ago by insight75
  • Topic is favorited by 533 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

glasses.gif
    nedry.gif
    snaps.gif
    Screenshot_20240318_201633_Chrome (resized).jpg
    IMG_8074 (resized).jpeg
    download (resized).jpeg
    7136153e-4781-4514-8f75-26077beb0e35-1655665323130 (resized).jpg
    designer-delays (resized).png
    image000000 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1455.gif
    Skinner (resized).png
    26CDA9FF-5625-4BC0-AECC-1FF8C139FBFB (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_5780 (resized).png
    bobbymcgeestub.png
    JT.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kermit24.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5565 1 year ago

Will the Factory Friday video have Foo Fighters?

#5569 1 year ago
    Quoted from desertT1:

Guess that was it. The “mother of all GZ” runs ends up being a week and a half, the half being the EHOH/GZ shared week. Yay.

That's another 1000+ Godzillas out there... Not too bad. I know they are starting to show up in stock.

#5572 1 year ago

and the FF video this week is....more EHOH.

#5573 1 year ago
    Quoted from hiker2099:

These videos are shot a week behind. It’s really video from last week.

You sure about that?

#5594 1 year ago

Maybe Stern went with a slightly wider piece of glass to reduce rattle. They have the skinny part number on standby for the complainers?

#5635 1 year ago
    Quoted from hiker2099:

FF Pro on the line in Stern's video, but again, this is from this past week. Pros are already in the wild.

Where are pro models, besides at distributors as the floor model?

1 week later
    #5689 1 year ago
    Quoted from Damagio:

I placed my order for GZ Premium on 7/22/22. Was hoping for February/March, but that did not happen. I didn't really expect it to....just hoping. June will be here soon, and hopefully that will be my lucky month. I knew it would be a long wait, and my dealer told me that right up front. Sounds like I am getting closer.

Who is your distributor?

#5731 1 year ago
    Quoted from John-Floyd:

Spoke with 2 local Chicagoland distributors this week and IM is still scheduled to have a run this May.

IMDN?

#5757 1 year ago
    Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

I’m sorry to hear that. I was hoping it was legit.

I think the Factory Friday video is legit. Worst case it's a week behind. If they show Foo Fighters LE games tomorrow it might be from earlier in the week. Not too long ago, Stern used to Facebook LIVE the factory quite often. That would be an EXACT account.

#5762 1 year ago
    Quoted from Sorokyl:

What does "legit" mean?

It means that these videos are relatively fresh, not old. They are not throwing up an EHOH video from many weeks ago just to manipulate the socials. Stern has two lines currently, expanding to three+ in the new location. That means they are always making multiple game models at once. These shorts typically show one game, so of course it's not a complete account. Also they are not going to show games that are secret, like the Foo Pro models that were made in February for TPF and SXSW, etc.

If you ever make it to Chicago Pinball Expo, you should do the Stern factory tour.

#5764 1 year ago
    Quoted from JodyG:

Also, nothing is saying they run the line with the same title Monday-Friday. The line could have very well changed over the day before the video was shot.

Yeah, but I do think LEs are one large run now.

#5816 1 year ago
    Quoted from Polypin:

It seems like FF is shipping quite fast post reveal compared to past releases, is that a false impression I have?
    Regardless, I feel this is good business for Stern, capitalize on the interest and make players happy.

No, I'd say this is more getting back to the normal cadence. Bond was MUCH slower than normal.

2 weeks later
    #5944 1 year ago
    Quoted from PinheadEDM:

Still waiting for my invoice to pay for FF le. Anyone receive their limited edition game yet? How is it?

Yes, first one arrived yesterday. Go to the Foo owners thread.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/foo-fighters-official-owners-club-rock-aliens

#5977 12 months ago
    Quoted from ShooterMcD:

That’s a long wait for my FF Pro….

delt31 is selling one right now..grab it!

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/156084

#5987 12 months ago
    Quoted from badfish981:

Ditch bond, those are available all over. Glad they moved DP up originally but now disappointed that’s it’s pushed back. But yeah I can spend more time with my GZ coming in June…..hopefully that doesn’t get pushed back

The schedule (especially later in the year) is totally fluid and will change depending on how many orders distros put in for certain titles.

#5992 12 months ago
    Quoted from vikingerik:

I hope Stern learns from this fiasco about Bond's licensing/assets/code. Once a game gets a bad rep for something like that, it never really recovers.

Oh, they can, and usually do recover. But it does take some time. Walking Dead was called Walking Dud because the code was so crappy. Batman 66 was literally a box of lights. Stranger Things was pretty bad out of the gate also. They all were not desirable in the beginning.

#6018 12 months ago
    Quoted from gandamack:

Haven't played a Bond in a month or so.... is the black screen that says " we need licensor approval" still there or is it gone now?

Thats been gone since February.

1 week later
    #6069 11 months ago
    Quoted from superNoid:

If anything the GOTG pin is worth even less now with the release of the latest movie.

This is such a ridiculous statement.

#6088 11 months ago
    Quoted from Walk:

I’m not dropping $20k for the Bond.

15 if you shop around...

1 week later
    #6295 11 months ago
    Quoted from atrainn:

Sorry for the dumb question, but FF is my first NIB since Turtles so I don't know if things have changed. Did distributors stop refunding deposits if you cancel? At least with who I usually buy through (Game Exchange) deposits were refundable aside from LEs.

This is one answer I'd only be interested in hearing from the horses (distro) mouth...

#6392 10 months ago
    Quoted from beltking:

Huge announcement tomorrow.

Godzilla topper? Define huge.

3 weeks later
    #6748 10 months ago
    Quoted from brzezicki:

If it is that Stern is now forcing distributors to sell at a certain price I think that's something people need to know about.

Stern can't force a distro to sell at a certain price, but they can mandate they can't advertise that price. MAP (Minimum advertised price) is very common in many industries.

1 week later
    #6878 9 months ago
    Quoted from AJC3030:

Bond does suck.

Bond used to suck. Now it’s much better.

1 week later
    #6951 9 months ago
    Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

yikes, no venom pros on the line for home this year.

Zero chance this is actually true. We will see Venom Pro models for location and home this year. Many Many.

#6974 9 months ago
    Quoted from acinbc:

Godzilla Premium
    email on 07/04/2023 - email from distributor that it was scheduled to ship from Stern the next day
    email on 07/14/2023 - email from distributor that Stern was advising that pin was delayed
    email on 07/16/2023 - email from distributor stating - Stern has informed us that your Godzilla Premium did not ship out last week as previously scheduled.
    Games were delayed due to a shortage of parts. Word is Godzilla will be on the line late this week and shipped the following.
    Thanks for your patience!
    Anyone else get this ?

Grindle3 from Classic Gamerooms has them in stock. Maybe get another distro?

4 weeks later
    #7107 8 months ago
    Quoted from Methos:

How can it be a dud if it isn't even released yet?

LE models are not even close to being sold out and they were available to order weeks ago. It is by all accounts I have heard, the slowest Stern seller in years (so far). The true test is when they start arriving on location and in some homes. If sales don't pick up at that point...

I am sure they will get some momentum, but the theme itself is pretty bad. Plus Marvel fatigue.

#7111 8 months ago
    #7127 8 months ago
    Quoted from PinStalker:

Yeah, the price increases on flat plastic toppers is criminal. What was $300-$400 (or lower) is now $800+
    Yet they refuse to re-release the toppers people want? (BKSOR, GB, SW, GOTG, KISS, etc.).
    If you're going to stick it to someone, stick it to everyone!!! Com'on Disney-Boy, I know you want to!!! Squeeze those Muppets.

It’s worse than that. The new base price is $1,000 for flat plastic toppers with no moving parts.

#7141 8 months ago
    Quoted from gandamack:

Why are Elvira nib premiums listed a thousand more than all other Stern Premium nib? I would think a fan layout should get the buyer a thousand dollar discount.

Elvira has always been more expensive than the typical cornerstone premiums.

#7160 8 months ago
    Quoted from beltking:

The JP 30th hearing on line now and shipping in a week or less! True?
    That’s how they should do it. No wait.
    Have venom le all made and ship them at launch. Would help sales on waiting and paying in full a month out.

If these ship before Venom thats a really bad sign for Venom demand. OR they have lots of JP parts at the old factory and didn't want to move them...

3 weeks later
    #7319 7 months ago
    Quoted from Heatmiser:

I thought GotG was archived

Vault GOTG instead of Stranger Things ?

#7341 7 months ago
    Quoted from ExSquid:

Looking at what they decided to vault instead of Stranger Things.[quoted image]

All you prognosticators are spot on as usual.

1 week later
    #7405 7 months ago

If Stern only gets 500 distro orders for Venom LE, will they make all 1,000 units?

#7407 7 months ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

LE-specific parts were ordered a long time ago and are paid for, so likely yes.

There have been instances where they didn’t complete LE runs. Beatles. WWE. It’s possible. I know of at least one distro that took less than half of his typical allotment because they didn’t have the orders.

#7412 6 months ago
    Quoted from gnocchi_pesto:

So other than this November, there'll be no GZ prem until 2025?

GZ Prem are in stock at many distributors today.

#7425 6 months ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

Wait until Jan 1st price increases. Cancel order due to material change in contract (old price becoming 2024 price), get full refund. It's not non-refundable if the terms of the contract are changed by the seller.

No Jaws price increase.

1 week later
    #7476 6 months ago
    Quoted from lu505:

We will probably see later today on stern factory friday.

Factory Friday doesn't show everything. How many production lines are they running at the new factory? The old one had two going at the same time.

1 week later
    #7525 6 months ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

The crazy thing is GoT Prem/LE is probably my favorite Dwight code, BUT I think the final update made it less fun. I would have been happy with just a bugfix instead of the radical change of that last update.

No way. They made the upper playfield much more meaningful. I really enjoy the new rules up there.

4 months later
    #8045 35 days ago
    Quoted from gandamack:

Does anybody know if Stern sold all Venom LEs?

This is a great question. I highly doubt it. I know my normal distro (a very large one) took about half of his normal LE allocation for Venom LE, simply because he didn't have the orders. I do not think Stern made all 1,000. I bet about half that.

#8049 33 days ago
    Quoted from lu505:

I have venom le #597, so there is at least 600 of them

The numbers for LEs are not sequenced. They are pulled randomly.

#8081 28 days ago
    Quoted from BRW84:

I've been hearing April-June for second run Premiums for awhile now; I think they might be running Pros concurrently on a different line.

They have at least 2 lines going at the same time. I know the new facility can easily have more than that, but not sure if they are running 3 or more currently.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kermit24.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-is-on-the-line-at-stern-pinball-delays?tu=kermit24 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.