IMG_6952 (resized).jpeg
20240320_133134 (resized).jpg
10-000224-00_51-005012-02_300x300 (resized).jpg
ts4_lock (resized).png
IMG_7379 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7378 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7742 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

10 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,225 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 65.
#301 1 year ago

Hi all. Was asked to pass on the following:

How to adjust Gabby Gabby mechanism so that the target falls more reliably

First, it should be noted that Gabby Gabby is essentially a drop target, with all that entails: She may resemble a beast assembly (from Hobbit), but that is not what she is.

-- Like drop targets, extremely hard hits are more likely to "brick" and bounce off (basically land back on their shelf before the spring can drag it downward).

-- Like drop targets, hits from the side will not make it go down.

To ensure the most reliable operation of the Gabby Gabby target, the head sculpture needs to be angled such that the ball impacts as low as possible, ie so that it strikes the chin more so than the nose. To adjust this, with the target in the up position, grasp the head sculpture with a finger pressed low on the back of it, while pressing rearward on the upper front ("forehead") of the target. The sculpture is mounted to a metal bracket on a pivot and you are just gently bending this bracket to move the bottom of the sculpture forward.

#302 1 year ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

Hi all. Was asked to pass on the following:
How to adjust Gabby Gabby mechanism so that the target falls more reliably
First, it should be noted that Gabby Gabby is essentially a drop target, with all that entails: She may resemble a beast assembly (from Hobbit), but that is not what she is.
-- Like drop targets, extremely hard hits are more likely to "brick" and bounce off (basically land back on their shelf before the spring can drag it downward).
-- Like drop targets, hits from the side will not make it go down.
To ensure the most reliable operation of the Gabby Gabby target, the head sculpture needs to be angled such that the ball impacts as low as possible, ie so that it strikes the chin more so than the nose. To adjust this, with the target in the up position, grasp the head sculpture with a finger pressed low on the back of it, while pressing rearward on the upper front ("forehead") of the target. The sculpture is mounted to a metal bracket on a pivot and you are just gently bending this bracket to move the bottom of the sculpture forward.

Thx Keith

I think ours is being picky about hits, but didnt know thd rules well enough to know the expected behavior. Should she drop on all successful registered shots? (Like a drop target)?

#303 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Should she drop on all successful registered shots? (Like a drop target)?

That's the intent.

That is, there's no rule that pops her back up right away. To register a hit, she needs to fall like a drop. There's no instant-pop-back-up feature in the game for her (unlike the left lockup drop target, which may try its best to block that shot on occasion when the rule isn't available).

#304 1 year ago

Got my game today and based on what I had been reading here, was preparing for the worst, but happy to report I had really no issues out of the box. Just one minor issue, which was that the iPad screen was dead because the hdmi cable wasn’t plugged in. Plugged it in and good to go. It’s really tough to access the hdmi port on the back of the iPad, very tight area. Everything else seems to be perfect and after playing a few games, haven’t need to adjust anything. Game is brutally heavy, I moved it inside and set it up myself.

The stock pitch appear to be 6.7-6.8 on my level, no ball hang ups. I didn’t have any issues where the ball is bouncing off the slings constantly like some reported. I’d think that would be a leveling issue. I do find ball stays in the pops quite a bit so may need to be just a bit steeper. No issues accessing the backbox as someone had reported they had issues with the key.

My game came with 1.04 code so I had to do a full install via USB. You can’t do full install via WiFi.

Didn’t see any issues with playfield quality so hopefully jjp has put that to rest.

Seems like a fun and pretty simple game, which I kind of like since I need to have notes next to me when I play AIQ. I’m an average player at best.

We will have a few mods coming, one will be the translite mod and the other will be an rgb backboard, which is very dark most of the game. Hope to have these up on our site by tomorrow. We will have a few more, but not ready to reveal yet. Will likely also have an rgb trough and will unplug the stock spotlights, which I think are too bright and kind of wash out the artwork.

#305 1 year ago
Quoted from Lermods:

My game came with 1.04 code so I had to do a full install via USB. You can’t do full install via WiFi.

The last part isn't true, we've done it many times. However, there was a bug prior to 1.05 that affected ALL online updates, unfortunately, both delta and full.

#306 1 year ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

The last part isn't true, we've done it many times. However, there was a bug prior to 1.05 that affected ALL online updates, unfortunately, both delta and full.

Sorry, what’s not true? I tried updating via WiFi and was getting update failed. After two attempts, I did it via usb and it worked.

#307 1 year ago

How do I get the kickback to function more reliably? It seems to go down the drain most of the time. Do I adjust the kickback delay downward or upward perhaps? Thanks

By the way I recommend folks check their plungers as mine was clipping the auto plunger. I had to add 3 washers in order to get it to an angle where it didn't do it anymore!

#308 1 year ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Sorry, what’s not true? I tried updating via WiFi and was getting update failed. After two attempts, I did it via usb and it worked.

You needed a newer version for wifi updates to work, is what he was saying. Now that you have it, future updates should be fine over wifi.

#309 1 year ago
Quoted from Dreadreaper:

How do I get the kickback to function more reliably? It seems to go down the drain most of the time. Do I adjust the kickback delay downward or upward perhaps? Thanks
By the way I recommend folks check their plungers as mine was clipping the auto plunger. I had to add 3 washers in order to get it to an angle where it didn't do it anymore!

Sometimes adjusting the playfield hangers fixes this. I know hobbit was such a heavy playfield the hangers would sag over time and then the auto-launch would come close enough to nick the shooter rod, robbing it of power.

#310 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Sometimes adjusting the playfield hangers fixes this. I know hobbit was such a heavy playfield the hangers would sag over time and then the auto-launch would come close enough to nick the shooter rod, robbing it of power.

and you can mess with the timing in the coil settings menu

#311 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

You needed a newer version for wifi updates to work, is what he was saying. Now that you have it, future updates should be fine over wifi.

Ah, got it. It was just this time, not all full updates.

#312 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

and you can mess with the timing in the coil settings menu

Coil power won't magically raise the auto-launch out of the way so it's not contacting the shooter plunger. That's a physical problem to solve.

Or...am I misunderstanding what you're recommending?

#313 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Coil power won't magically raise the auto-launch out of the way so it's not contacting the shooter plunger. That's a physical problem to solve.

There is a timing delay setting now for the kickback

#314 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

he's talking about the physical kickback in the left outlane. Balls can sneak by it at times.

#315 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

There is a timing delay setting now for the kickback

Haha, sorry. I scanned that and was thinking it was the autolaunch. My bad. Sorry.

#316 1 year ago
Quoted from Dreadreaper:

Ditto to both these issues with mine. I put a bumper on the underside of the playfield where the autoplung rests. It lifts the autoplung bracket so the manual plunger doesn’t hit it. For the kickback I adjusted the switch to sit a little closer to where the ball enters so it triggers more quickly. Hope that helps

#317 1 year ago

I'm going to start a mod thread, but wanted to first post here in the owners thread...here's our illuminated back glass mod that lights up the frame and does a much better job illuminating the top part, very even lighting. Shown in cool white. Does not interfere with the camera.

Before and after pics shown...no camera tricks.

PXL_20220701_151438235 (resized).jpgPXL_20220701_151438235 (resized).jpgPXL_20220701_211810159 (resized).jpgPXL_20220701_211810159 (resized).jpg
#318 1 year ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I'm going to start a mod thread, but wanted to first post here in the owners thread...here's our illuminated back glass mod that lights up the frame and does a much better job illuminating the top part, very even lighting. Shown in cool white. Does not interfere with the camera.
Before and after pics shown...no camera tricks.[quoted image][quoted image]

Haha so wait the entire thing doesn't come standard lit up?

#319 1 year ago
Quoted from Nstone4425:

No, it does not. We have them for all jjp games.

#320 1 year ago
Quoted from Lermods:

No, it does not. We have them for all jjp games.

Lol guess I'll be ordering that mod too.

#321 1 year ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Game is brutally heavy

Can you please give some comparison examples? Heavier than JJPOTC, TZ, WOZ? Just curious of what I'm in for in a few months.

#322 1 year ago
Quoted from SuperMas77:

Can you please give some comparison examples? Heavier than JJPOTC, TZ, WOZ? Just curious of what I'm in for in a few months.

Hard to say, they are all heavy...TZ is not anywhere near as heavy. It's probably less than potc, maybe like DI or Wonka. They are much heavier than any stern game, by at least 25-50 lbs.

#323 1 year ago
Quoted from SuperMas77:

The playfield feels like 2x the weight of a Stern.. those support rails must be lead filled.

Game wasn't any heavier for me to setup as I use a lift cart and game is setup on ground level... but that PF feels like a workout everytime. And ironic given all the complaints about how barren it is.

#324 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I know hobbit was such a heavy playfield the hangers would sag over time and then the auto-launch would come close enough to nick the shooter rod, robbing it of power.

Quoted from flynnibus:

The playfield feels like 2x the weight of a Stern.. those support rails must be lead filled.

Just took a look insinde my WOZ crystal ball and it didn't show any future concerns here...

#325 1 year ago

After 250 or so plays, still enjoying the game, reached the “meet me at the carousel” several times and almost all the way through. Those “easy” shots get harder in a final wizard mode! I think I’m pretty good (not a pro by any means), some shots are easy (so easy and fun for noobs), but there are easier games out there (Monster Bash, Theatre of Magic, and MM are a few that I own).

I don’t think this game tops my favorite, Wonka, but it’s a good game and I’m glad I have it, it had and will get tons of plays. The cons after the newness wears off for me are the soft, slow, and bouncy slings, and the pops. Between the two of these you can watch your timers erode without even getting to touch the ball. Hoping they can do something in the software to stop the timers (ball save, modes, etc) while the game plays itself. I know I can maybe make adjustments myself or the coils strengths, but I like to play the game the way it was designed to be played.

#326 1 year ago
Quoted from Nstone4425:

This should be done in the factory!!

#327 1 year ago

Factory uses a single led strip left to right behinf top of hlass

#328 1 year ago
Quoted from romulusx:

This should be done in the factory!!

Well, I’m glad they don’t. . It’s more labor for them, more things to go wrong, etc. They can get damaged pretty easily pulling the monitor in and out, they’d need to make it bullet proof as it’s not easy to send a replacement if a couple of leds go out. That’s one reason we switched to a different type of lighting as ours are pretty flexible. Ours also distribute light 180 degrees so they don’t need to face you.

Quoted from flynnibus:

Factory uses a single led strip left to right behinf top of hlass

Yeah, and that strip is not so great, look how uneven the lighting is. Even if they centered it, which I’m not quite sure why they don’t, it’s still not great. Ours are far superior (and much more expensive) to what they provide.

#329 1 year ago

In the club!. I am replacing both wireforms with stainless wireforms as I really do not like the color of the ones on it. And I am removing the left ramp completely and making a stainless ramp that transitions to slink wireform to left return. The cabinet decals are awesome! I will create its own topic and post the link here soon. Beautifull looking game by Jjp..

DDE6335C-B417-4F64-8947-229C267D1D38 (resized).jpegDDE6335C-B417-4F64-8947-229C267D1D38 (resized).jpeg
#330 1 year ago

My wheel is going crazy. I tried calibrating it and it fails. The motor just keeps going crazy. I created a help topic, but figured I would through out another please help me line!
I self tested the 3 switches on the wheel and they all are registering.. i check connections and nothing stood out. Any ideas??? I updated code no change. I lowered the vanes to be a hair lower in sensor path no change???

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/toy-story-wheel-out-of-control

Update: There was too much free travel in the wheels retaining screw. When the motor spun the wheel would rise up enough to loose switch readings. I added another washer to the stud and so far it is fixed. Great family game!

#331 1 year ago

Might be a dumb question, but when the arrow pointing to the wheel is lit, how is the award collected?

Separately, hopefully more skill shots are added in future code. Finally made the skill shot, but hitting the scoop on a short plunge could also be a good one.

#332 1 year ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Might be a dumb question, but when the arrow pointing to the wheel is lit, how is the award collected?
Separately, hopefully more skill shots are added in future code. Finally made the skill shot, but hitting the scoop on a short plunge could also be a good one.

The text on the inner ring of the wheel tells you how to collect it.

#333 1 year ago

First time I have ever had to adjust flippers on a new game so before I attempt figured I would post looking for any pointers..

My right side flipper needs to be adjusted to sit lower, currently when the ball rolls down the side it bounces off the flipper, the right one might be 1 degree too high

44A5CB83-C595-4895-88BD-2F02DD7C26E0 (resized).jpeg44A5CB83-C595-4895-88BD-2F02DD7C26E0 (resized).jpeg
#334 1 year ago

Anyone else finding the Bo Peep Loops really hard to qualify? I think it relies on hitting them via combos to juice up the numbers quickly, but i find it quite difficult to combo them on a steep game. Just not enough power to get around and it slams into the already-spinning spinner which kills momentum. Any adjustments I can make? Thanks

#335 1 year ago
Quoted from Dreadreaper:

Anyone else finding the Bo Peep Loops really hard to qualify? I think it relies on hitting them via combos to juice up the numbers quickly, but i find it quite difficult to combo them on a steep game. Just not enough power to get around and it slams into the already-spinning spinner which kills momentum. Any adjustments I can make? Thanks

Your scoop eject may need to be dialed down. If the ball is not transitioning out of the scoop right it won’t feed the flipper well and make it hard to hit the loop.

As far as qualifying it for carousel multiball, I think you need to have super spinner on the wheel - or at least that makes it way easier. Otherwise you’ll need to hit it 3 consecutive times. Yikes

#336 1 year ago
Quoted from rob3:

Your scoop eject may need to be dialed down. If the ball is not transitioning out of the scoop right it won’t feed the flipper well and make it hard to hit the loop.
As far as qualifying it for carousel multiball, I think you need to have super spinner on the wheel - or at least that makes it way easier. Otherwise you’ll need to hit it 3 consecutive times. Yikes

I actually dialed my skill shot/woody eject up, and it feeds really nice now, comes out softer. Counter-intuitive but worked.

#337 1 year ago
Quoted from rob3:

The flipper is fed nicely it's just the combo shot that never seems to make it around. It gets biffed by the already spinning spinner usually and loses momentum.

#338 1 year ago

My only complaint about this game is: I hate playing on location. Hate hate hate.

I went to Cidercade w/ Susan this morning (the only place in Dallas routing the game) and had about 10 minutes of peace and enjoyment before the place filled up and got noisy/hot/crowded.

I feel punished for buying the CE tier as I watch everyone enjoy their LEs.

#339 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

My only complaint about this game is: I hate playing on location. Hate hate hate.
I went to Cidercade w/ Susan this morning (the only place in Dallas routing the game) and had about 10 minutes of peace and enjoyment before the place filled up and got noisy/hot/crowded.
I feel punished for buying the CE tier as I watch everyone enjoy their LEs.

So get an LE for the 3 month wait and sell it once you have the CE. I had a day one Rush Pro on order for mods and when it was clear it would be a wait before they ran more, I bit the bullet and bought a Rush LE. Did what I needed to do for 6 weeks and sold the LE. My Pro was finally ready in late April, which would have been a disaster had I waited. Sold that one and had it direct shipped to the buyer NIB. So in the end I got both sold and came up maybe $500 short, but it was worth it for the earlier access.

Not EXACTLY the same, but you could be enjoying the same game (less topper) right now instead of waiting 3 months and being aggravated on location.

#340 1 year ago
Quoted from Dreadreaper:

You might try changing the resting position of the upper flipper. On mine, the flipper was sitting too close to the ball guide at rest, and the loop shot was near impossible. After adjusting the edge of the resting flipper away from the ball guide about 3/16", I could hit three or four loops in a row on occasion.

Also, be sure and check that all your flippers have some play in the up/down movement. Mine had the pawls installed flush against the flipper bushing. Just a matter of time before the bushing neck breaks when installed like that.

#341 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

So get an LE for the 3 month wait and sell it once you have the CE. I had a day one Rush Pro on order for mods and when it was clear it would be a wait before they ran more, I bit the bullet and bought a Rush LE. Did what I needed to do for 6 weeks and sold the LE. My Pro was finally ready in late April, which would have been a disaster had I waited. Sold that one and had it direct shipped to the buyer NIB. So in the end I got both sold and came up maybe $500 short, but it was worth it for the earlier access.
Not EXACTLY the same, but you could be enjoying the same game (less topper) right now instead of waiting 3 months and being aggravated on location.

If I did that I'd just get the LE and leave it at that. I don't want to keep buying the same game multiple times.

#342 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

If I did that I'd just get the LE and leave it at that. I don't want to keep buying the same game multiple times.

Problem solved, then! Let the LE game enjoyment commence in T-minus 5 days.

#343 1 year ago

Yeah I have a ce on order and sucks to wait but still much shorter wait then cactus canyon le!

#344 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Problem solved, then! Let the LE game enjoyment commence in T-minus 5 days.

If he bailed on his CE wouldn’t he lose his deposit $? My LE deposit was non refundable.

Are everyone else’s deposits non-refundable out of curiosity?

#345 1 year ago
Quoted from PinDeadHead:

If he bailed on his CE wouldn’t he lose his deposit $? My LE deposit was non refundable.

Yes.. They are typically non-refundable deposits. If you ordered through a distributor, you could find a person to take your slot and which you will require to person to provide you with X amount of funds to take the spot from you.

The new person will typically pay for what is remaining from the balance minus your deposit. Otherwise, if you cannot find someone and still want to bail… the distro will keep your funds and re-list the game for the purchase price.

I guess people are saying if you ordered through JJP there is a transfer fee… I’m not familiar with this as I did not order mine though JJP website.

#346 1 year ago

Getting the Super Jackpot in Take a Chance MB is really cool. You're instructed to make the shots that you had to make to collect the wheel awards. Then lock a ball in the Road Trip lock and a second on the left ramp. Once those two are locked, you have 25 seconds to make the Tiki lock shot on the virtual pinball game for the Super Jackpot. If you fail to get it, the two locked balls are released and you have to relock them and try again.

#347 1 year ago
Quoted from BrianBannon:

You might try changing the resting position of the upper flipper. On mine, the flipper was sitting too close to the ball guide at rest, and the loop shot was near impossible. After adjusting the edge of the resting flipper away from the ball guide about 3/16", I could hit three or four loops in a row on occasion.
Also, be sure and check that all your flippers have some play in the up/down movement. Mine had the pawls installed flush against the flipper bushing. Just a matter of time before the bushing neck breaks when installed like that.

This is a great idea! Thanks

#348 1 year ago
Quoted from PinDeadHead:

Only if he did it direct through JJP. In my experience most dists would happily shift your deposit to an LE you're going to buy now, freeing up a normally more in-demand CE.

#349 1 year ago

What are they saying on delivery of the LE's? How long are they taking??

#350 1 year ago
Quoted from HarryReimer:

What are they saying on delivery of the LE's? How long are they taking??

they are shipping now - so its just a question of where you fit into a distributor's inventory flow.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 16.95
$ 259.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Murrysville, PA
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 15,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Blue Bell, PA
$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 49.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
9,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Champaign, IL
$ 11,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 3,225 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 65.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/we-are-all-toys-the-jjp-toy-story-4-owners-club/page/7 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.