IMG_5517 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6952 (resized).jpeg
20240320_133134 (resized).jpg
10-000224-00_51-005012-02_300x300 (resized).jpg
ts4_lock (resized).png
IMG_7379 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7378 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

10 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,235 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 65.
#251 2 years ago

Finally got my LE unboxed and as a first time JJP owner (three Stern pins) I am disappointed with the lack of polish....

1. One of the drop targets was stuck, looks like an adjustment is needed to get it to pop back up.
2. Game shipped with 1.04 and the online software update isn't working, I get an "update failed to verify" when attempting to use it.
3. Where is the USB cable by the cashbox I see in many videos, trying a full update and can't locate any place to pull in unless I pull either the wifi or bluetooth dongles out.
4. Called support to ask for help, get parked in what sounds like someone's personal voicemail without any actual message telling me to leave a voicemail, etc.

Hoping once I get everything sorted I can enjoy some games but for a $12K pin I am surprised at how sloppy the company is with the details...

#252 2 years ago
Quoted from Padrino:

Finally got my LE unboxed and as a first time JJP owner (three Stern pins) I am disappointed with the lack of polish....
1. One of the drop targets was stuck, looks like an adjustment is needed to get it to pop back up.
2. Game shipped with 1.04 and the online software update isn't working, I get an "update failed to verify" when attempting to use it.
3. Where is the USB cable by the cashbox I see in many videos, trying a full update and can't locate any place to pull in unless I pull either the wifi or bluetooth dongles out.
4. Called support to ask for help, get parked in what sounds like someone's personal voicemail without any actual message telling me to leave a voicemail, etc.
Hoping once I get everything sorted I can enjoy some games but for a $12K pin I am surprised at how sloppy the company is with the details...

From a few posts above:

"Yeah, both wifi and bluetooth dongles are included and are in that cabinet control board. I just removed one, did the update, and put it back in place. The 1.04 code that shipped with mine didn't have the network stuff enabled, so I had to manually update to 1.06. Everything is working now."

#253 2 years ago
Quoted from Padrino:

Hey there i just got mine yesterday as well. first, the drop target error code is a known bug and the game works as should. Second, you will need to open the backbox: take off translite, pull out the monitor, and under the motherboard just unplug the usb connector to the right of that purple/blue usb stick, plug in your usb with the 1.06 code and turn on game and it will update. when prompted unplug your usb stick and plug back in the one your took out, reboot, and enjoy! Hope this helps you

#254 2 years ago
Quoted from arcadenerd925:

From a few posts above:
"Yeah, both wifi and bluetooth dongles are included and are in that cabinet control board. I just removed one, did the update, and put it back in place. The 1.04 code that shipped with mine didn't have the network stuff enabled, so I had to manually update to 1.06. Everything is working now."

Mine would not start the update in either of those spots so i had to open backbox and use a usb spot below the motherboard.

#255 2 years ago
Quoted from Padrino:

The drop target is a bug. The bug fix is in the new code. First you need to update with USB stick to the updated 1.05 (Delta upgrade)then after you do that everything should be in order on your machine to update via Wi-Fi. Enjoy

#256 2 years ago
Quoted from K9Marshal:

Mine would not start the update in either of those spots so i had to open backbox and use a usb spot below the motherboard.

Good to know, thnx for pointing this out. Expecting to get mine in a few days. Will try the USB ports by the coin door first and if that doesnt work, plug directly into the motherboard.

#257 2 years ago
Quoted from arcadenerd925:

Good to know, thnx for pointing this out. Expecting to get mine in a few days. Will try the USB ports by the coin door first and if that doesnt work, plug directly into the motherboard.

Pull the Bluetooth dongle to to insert your iso rip on a boot drive. Its the one closest to the coin door.

#258 2 years ago

Half way through setting this up in the corporate office. Sucked into meetings.

First thoughts... it came with a wrench for assembly! It doesn't fit the leg bolts!

Stickers are very detailed, but the application isn't as good as other pins. Headphone jack and blue tooth! Comes with leg bolt protectors.

Not strictly mine... but as the company pinball nerd I am the caretaker.

20220628_145803 (resized).jpg20220628_145803 (resized).jpg20220628_153818 (resized).jpg20220628_153818 (resized).jpg20220628_153909 (resized).jpg20220628_153909 (resized).jpg20220628_154105 (resized).jpg20220628_154105 (resized).jpg20220628_154323 (resized).jpg20220628_154323 (resized).jpg20220628_160019 (resized).jpg20220628_160019 (resized).jpg
#259 2 years ago

A Benson post just smash a ball straight into the glass. The sound scared the crap out of me lol.

Does anyone see this being in the problem in the future? Could a ball passing over the post cause it to damage the glass?

#260 2 years ago
Quoted from Pollack420:

A Benson post just smash a ball straight into the glass. The sound scared the crap out of me lol.
Does anyone see this being in the problem in the future? Could a ball passing over the post cause it to damage the glass?

Same thing happens sometimes with the trolls on my MMR, hasn’t broke yet

#261 2 years ago
Quoted from Pollack420:

Yeah, gabby did that twice to me. Seems like an extremely hard hit to the glass. I was very concerned it was going to break it.

#262 2 years ago

Well after much angst… game finally showed up today!

Game was packed incredibly well. I like their packaging for all the powdercoat. Each piece individually wrapped… the side rails with protective film.

Be careful pulling off the film tho, you can pull off the cabinet black paint at the top near the head.

The game had a few minor gotchas.

The lockdown bar adjustment screws were hitting the glass. This obviously is a big no no given the invisiglass!

The up post on the left ramp wasn’t working as it was binding. Simply loosening the bracket and realignment fixed it.

Some pix of the interesting bits…

They give you lots of stuff in the goodie bag.

Allen key for the head. Flat wrench for leg bolts. Lots of replacement rubbers. Extra plastics for the jump ramp and gabby head (i think). And extra figurines that were not mounted to the game. And of course the nice magnet coin cards (noting stern doesn’t include any! Let alone magnet ones).

They also include explicit instructions on how to level the jump ramp, gabby, and disc to the playfield

4968AA85-6914-4D67-830A-53BBD1D4F04E (resized).jpeg4968AA85-6914-4D67-830A-53BBD1D4F04E (resized).jpeg
6A8E32C2-18EE-44FF-B423-C53E48F36510 (resized).jpeg6A8E32C2-18EE-44FF-B423-C53E48F36510 (resized).jpeg
C7DB79C0-442C-48EA-9BC4-C623D69B7C2D (resized).jpegC7DB79C0-442C-48EA-9BC4-C623D69B7C2D (resized).jpeg

3A4424ED-6FDF-4193-B4E8-314F8CBB6557 (resized).jpeg3A4424ED-6FDF-4193-B4E8-314F8CBB6557 (resized).jpeg
8F77001B-6474-4513-B237-3182593F460E (resized).jpeg8F77001B-6474-4513-B237-3182593F460E (resized).jpeg
8F77001B-6474-4513-B237-3182593F460E (resized).jpeg8F77001B-6474-4513-B237-3182593F460E (resized).jpeg

553367BB-1BFD-4FC1-A358-249B6A864950 (resized).jpeg553367BB-1BFD-4FC1-A358-249B6A864950 (resized).jpeg
#263 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Game was packed incredibly well. I like their packaging for all the powdercoat. Each piece individually wrapped… the side rails with protective film.
Be careful pulling off the film tho, you can pull off the cabinet black paint at the top near the head.
The game had a few minor gotchas.
The lockdown bar adjustment screws were hitting the glass. This obviously is a big no no given the invisiglass!
The up post on the left ramp wasn’t working as it was binding. Simply loosening the bracket and realignment fixed it.
Some pix of the interesting bits…
They give you lots of stuff in the goodie bag.
Allen key for the head. Flat wrench for leg bolts. Lots of replacement rubbers. Extra plastics for the jump ramp and gabby head (i think). And extra figurines that were not mounted to the game. And of course the nice magnet coin cards (noting stern doesn’t include any! Let alone magnet ones).
They also include explicit instructions on how to level the jump ramp, gabby, and disc to the playfield
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image][quoted image]

As much as I love JJP I just dont see 12.5K worth. If all the sixtels of beer came with it I may reconsider!

I believe the wrench is for the leg levelers and not the leg bolts. Correct me if I am wrong on this.

#264 2 years ago
Quoted from Freakyguy666:

You mentioned “no super satisfying shots” in GnR…curious what you would consider as a “super satisfying shot” in Wonka & TS4.

I have a TS4 on order so can't comment on that one just yet, but as for GnR I think there are several super satisfying shots.

1. Back handing one up the left ramp seamlessly into the guitar lock
2. Travel shots on left and right orbit are great, try to see how many you can do in a row with a single ball, it gets really fast!
3. Nothing more satisfying than a 6-ball Power Chord
4. Upper Travel shot loop is tough to master, yet fun to repeat over and over

As for Wonka...
1. Left ramp, Right ramp, Left orbit, Camera ramp, rip the spinner to load Wonkavator. Then breath again.
2. TV shot, saucer, Wonkavision: It's just a good feeling to hit it clean
3. Loading up the Wonkavator (feeling reminds me of the gumball machine shot in TZ)

#265 2 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

As much as I love JJP I just dont see 12.5K worth. If all the sixtels of beer came with it I may reconsider!
I believe the wrench is for the leg levelers and not the leg bolts. Correct me if I am wrong on this.

The wrench is for the trash can

#266 2 years ago
Quoted from RebelGuitars:

I’m hear there’s more code coming.

Quoted from Green-Machine:

The wrench if for the trash can

Yeah I wouldn’t use that wrench for anything.

#267 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Game was packed incredibly well.

419!!! thats an easter egg number for wranglers. sometimes randomly shows up on my dash and is printed allover the place in hidden areas . "The number "419" is mysteriously stamped into the side of the bed, at the left rear. It's a nod to Toledo, Ohio, where Wranglers are built."

#268 2 years ago

I unboxed 422 today. Played a few games on it but I received it late so it was a more of getting it up and running, code updated and seeing if everything works on it.

I noticed I was hitting the gabby gabby toy head on pretty hard and she wouldn’t go down. I noticed some softer shots at each corner of her activate/read the shot. Is this normal? Haven’t looked into how that mechanism works too much yet or if there is a way to adjust it.

#269 2 years ago

EDIT: It was a loose connector in backbox at J601.I was looking at the PLAYFIELD J601 like a chump.

Getting 3x stuck EOS switches when I boot my game up. Checked J601 on the board and reseated the connector but did not help. Obviously the EOS switches themselves are gapped properly and working etc. They don't register during switch test. Anyone know anything else I could try before I go to JJP? Might be a dead board?

20220628_221034 (resized).jpg20220628_221034 (resized).jpg

#270 2 years ago
Quoted from Dreadreaper:

Getting 3x stuck EOS switches when I boot my game up. Checked J601 on the board and reseated the connector but did not help. Obviously the EOS switches themselves are gapped properly and working etc. They don't register during switch test. Anyone know anything else I could try before I go to JJP? Might be a dead board?
[quoted image]

On the J-601 connector on the driver board, are the return wires on the right pins? Can you take a picture of that?

#271 2 years ago
Quoted from Dreadreaper:

anything else I could try before I go to JJP?

First I would look over each EOS switch. Check for a broken wire. Especially if two black wires go to one lug.

Then check continuity of the black wires to J601 pin one. That is the common ground for them. Since three are not working, I'd concentrate on that wire.

LTG : )

#272 2 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

Well its not an open end wrench, so would be hard to use on the levelers

I didn’t take it out to look at it. I have my regular tools

As much as people harp on the game for being bare… that pf still weighs a metric f-ton

#273 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Well its not an open end wrench, so would be hard to use on the levelers

Take it out and look at the other end of it

#274 2 years ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

Yeah I wouldn’t use that wrench for anything.

Bottle opener

#275 2 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

The instructions say it’s for the leg bolts and levelers, I recall even reading something in the intro about how they give you everything you need… The closed end is for the leg bolts but doesn’t even work for the leg bolts unless you force it on, and even then it barely fit on one… It almost seems like they changed suppliers for the bolt and or wrench and did not properly account for the change….

They obviously don’t use it themselves or multiple buyers would not be commenting on how it doesn’t fit the bolts

#276 2 years ago
Quoted from Padrino:

The instructions say it’s for the leg bolts and levelers, I recall even reading something in the intro about how they give you everything you need… The closed end is for the leg bolts but doesn’t even work for the leg bolts unless you force it on, and even then it barely fit on one… It almost seems like they changed suppliers for the bolt and or wrench and did not properly account for the change….
They obviously don’t use it themselves or multiple buyers would not be commenting on how it doesn’t fit the bolts

The bolts are still the normal size. Its just lack of precision in a cheap stamped part.

They give you a flipper gap tool too.

I am not sure why they use the short handle Allen wrench. Much more difficult to use than your old sega/stern wrench for the head lock.

#277 2 years ago

Hello, I received number 257 yesterday and I am having a blast with it. One strange thing is happening and wondered if anyone else is having the same issue. If I leave the game on in attract mode when I'm done, it will freeze up after an hour. At first I thought it would be fixed once I did an update. But I've updated to 1.06 and it's still happening. The two screens and all the lights freeze and the game won't start unless I reboot the machine. Any idea what could cause this? Anyone have it happen to their machine?

#278 2 years ago
Quoted from Joeymonkey:

Hello, I received number 257 yesterday and I am having a blast with it. One strange thing is happening and wondered if anyone else is having the same issue. If I leave the game on in attract mode when I'm done, it will freeze up after an hour. At first I thought it would be fixed once I did an update. But I've updated to 1.06 and it's still happening. The two screens and all the lights freeze and the game won't start unless I reboot the machine. Any idea what could cause this? Anyone have it happen to their machine?

I would suggest opening a ticket with JJP. It could be a bug that haven't realized yet or it can be just your game, either way you'll want to open a ticket.

Hopefully an easy fix for ya!

#279 2 years ago

Does the gabby gabby toy take multiple hits to it after the first initial hit? I don’t know the rules and haven’t watched much gameplay footage so not sure if the opto isn’t registering it sometimes or if it just takes multiple hits to get her to go back down

#280 2 years ago
Quoted from splitcms:

I unboxed 422 today. Played a few games on it but I received it late so it was a more of getting it up and running, code updated and seeing if everything works on it.
I noticed I was hitting the gabby gabby toy head on pretty hard and she wouldn’t go down. I noticed some softer shots at each corner of her activate/read the shot. Is this normal? Haven’t looked into how that mechanism works too much yet or if there is a way to adjust it.

My Gabby Gabby head takes a real hard hit and doesn’t go down 8 of 10 hits. I looked at the mechanism and see it notches in on two plastic corners so I tried putting a little silicone grease on the spots that are supposed to slide back and let Gabby go down, it helped a little bit. I may put in a ticket with JJP tomorrow and see if they can help, I really love the game and the overall quality of the JJP pins are so good I think they are worth the cost. Unboxing my Wonka and Toy Story reminded me of unboxing a brand new TZ back in 1990’s, the 1990’s Williams Bally games were the Cadillac’s back then and it is really nice to have the opportunity get that feeling again in 2022, Jack my hat is off to you for staying disciplined and putting out a high quality, well designed work of art. Definitely looking forward to a Steve Ritchie JJP!

#281 2 years ago
Quoted from OGpinballdeals:

My Gabby Gabby head takes a real hard hit and doesn’t go down 8 of 10 hits. I looked at the mechanism and see it notches in on two plastic corners so I tried putting a little silicone grease on the spots that are supposed to slide back and let Gabby go down, it helped a little bit. I may put in a ticket with JJP tomorrow and see if they can help, I really love the game and the overall quality of the JJP pins are so good I think they are worth the cost. Unboxing my Wonka and Toy Story reminded me of unboxing a brand new TZ back in 1990’s, the 1990’s Williams Bally games were the Cadillac’s back then and it is really nice to have the opportunity get that feeling again in 2022, Jack my hat is off to you for staying disciplined and putting out a high quality, well designed work of art. Definitely looking forward to a Steve Ritchie JJP!

Are we sure it’s not code where the more times gabby comes up, the more hits it takes to get her back down? I test the gabby mech in the diagnostic testing and she goes down easy when the ball barely nudged her straight on. In game I’ll hit her dead on and she won’t go down.

#282 2 years ago
Quoted from Dreadreaper:

EDIT: It was a loose connector in backbox at J601.I was looking at the PLAYFIELD J601 like a chump.
[quoted image]

I had that exact same problem, just shook loose during shipping.

#283 2 years ago
Quoted from Joeymonkey:

I've not had this happen, even with the early code. I think I'd call support on that one.

#284 2 years ago
Quoted from splitcms:

Does the gabby gabby toy take multiple hits to it after the first initial hit? I don’t know the rules and haven’t watched much gameplay footage so not sure if the opto isn’t registering it sometimes or if it just takes multiple hits to get her to go back down

No it's just stubborn on some direct hits (I've seen a few), probably just needs some adjusting. No different than the MM trolls.

#286 2 years ago

I unboxed a corporate owned Toy Story 4 for the company office Tuesday and this game is a hard fail from Jersey Jack completely separate from gameplay.
First of all, there is an inexcusable number of stuck balls on this game. I have confirmed with my phone as well as my dedicated inclinometer that the game is at a 6.5 degree slope and that it is perfectly level left to right. I have had to physically bend the ball return where the wires go underneath the “Ducky and Bunny” toys as the ball kept getting hung up there. I have had to adjust the return gate by where the prize wheel is. The third ball ALWAYS gets stuck there when releasing balls for multiball. I have had to “shake the crap” out of the machine multiple times to get the ball unstuck from behind the LCD gamepad multiple times.

As to other issues with this $12,000 machine. I have had the laser kickback work 1 time in actually returning the ball to the game. It has drained every single other time. This NIB machine has multiple loose switches in it. After less than 20 plays, every single flipper hit and nudge triggers the far right pop. The little pop ups next to the kaboom ramp are not flush, and effect the travel path of the ball. Same thing with the spinning wheel. The slings on this game are anemic.
As to gameplay and layout? I really don’t have that much to say as most games I play are incomplete due to the ball hangups, and most other folks don’t either as casuals are not removing the glass to fix stuck balls. I will say that the Duke Kaboom ramp is satisfying, and that Gabby Gabby is not very well integrated. The modes do not feel different from one another at all. My ST:TNG, LOTR, JP, and Deadpool Pro all have very different feeling and playing modes. These all felt the same.

As to the pros… the Duke Kaboom rampe is satisfying, the screen looks great, the game looks beautiful, and I really like the cake toppers. I feel like this game should be more approachable to noobs and casuals and the mini tablet does a good job of explaining what is going on, but they have all this fancy stuff in here and it is still not obvious what you are supposed to do in general. Addams family had a “shoot the ramps then shoot the scoop” to start the modes. This does not have something simple like that.

Maybe the game will be better once it is dialed in, but I am beyond disappointed with the build quality issues I’m having. There are so many freaking oversights on this with them trying to make this nice that it’s not funny. For example, the game came with a cheap wrench labled leg bolt wrench… the wrench doesn’t actually fit the bolts (it is barely too small). You have to remove a plate with a huge warning cover labeled “qualified service personnel” to even plug this in. This game looks like they were trying to make a game to appeal to the masses that was less complicated. I don’t think they satisfied anyone here. I would rather have any other JJP game than this based on gameplay. I am grateful the company put a machine in the office, but a Cyclone would have been infinitely more entertaining. I do think this will appeal to little kids that will want to shoot the Duke Kaboom ramp repeatedly though. It is an easy target that appeals to noobs and casuals like scoring goals in World Cup Soccer 94.

20220630_065753 (resized).jpg20220630_065753 (resized).jpg20220630_065811 (resized).jpg20220630_065811 (resized).jpg20220630_065830 (resized).jpg20220630_065830 (resized).jpg20220630_065854 (resized).jpg20220630_065854 (resized).jpg20220630_065948 (resized).jpg20220630_065948 (resized).jpg681ee7bab47e234d007c44335de1d811a990c757 (resized).jpg681ee7bab47e234d007c44335de1d811a990c757 (resized).jpga7477372c62c198148523f4dfcff1446330d5822 (resized).jpga7477372c62c198148523f4dfcff1446330d5822 (resized).jpgb95cbfd16f879a76d238b1b1ea50c9365318ac83 (resized).jpgb95cbfd16f879a76d238b1b1ea50c9365318ac83 (resized).jpgd6ed01385fd193246fa9f20b2b3c7700692841d2 (resized).jpgd6ed01385fd193246fa9f20b2b3c7700692841d2 (resized).jpg
#287 2 years ago
Quoted from Joeymonkey:

Did you reach out to JJP tech support? They'll probably want a log dump, since it doesn't sound like a problem everyone is having. I know flaky USB connections can cause weird issues, you might want to make sure all your USB cables are pushed in fully; all kinds of things can come loose in shipping. (USB on controller board under playfield is an obvious place to start, or where they all go into the CPU box in the back.)

#288 2 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

I unboxed a corporate owned Toy Story 4 for the company office Tuesday and this game is a hard fail from Jersey Jack completely separate from gameplay.
First of all, there is an inexcusable number of stuck balls on this game. I have confirmed with my phone as well as my dedicated inclinometer that the game is at a 6.5 degree slope and that it is perfectly level left to right. I have had to physically bend the ball return where the wires go underneath the “Ducky and Bunny” toys as the ball kept getting hung up there. I have had to adjust the return gate by where the prize wheel is. The third ball ALWAYS gets stuck there when releasing balls for multiball. I have had to “shake the crap” out of the machine multiple times to get the ball unstuck from behind the LCD gamepad multiple times.
As to other issues with this $12,000 machine. I have had the laser kickback work 1 time in actually returning the ball to the game. It has drained every single other time. This NIB machine has multiple loose switches in it. After less than 20 plays, every single flipper hit and nudge triggers the far right pop. The little pop ups next to the kaboom ramp are not flush, and effect the travel path of the ball. Same thing with the spinning wheel. The slings on this game are anemic.
As to gameplay and layout? I really don’t have that much to say as most games I play are incomplete due to the ball hangups, and most other folks don’t either as casuals are not removing the glass to fix stuck balls. I will say that the Duke Kaboom ramp is satisfying, and that Gabby Gabby is not very well integrated. The modes do not feel different from one another at all. My ST:TNG, LOTR, JP, and Deadpool Pro all have very different feeling and playing modes. These all felt the same.
As to the pros… the Duke Kaboom rampe is satisfying, the screen looks great, the game looks beautiful, and I really like the cake toppers. I feel like this game should be more approachable to noobs and casuals and the mini tablet does a good job of explaining what is going on, but they have all this fancy stuff in here and it is still not obvious what you are supposed to do in general. Addams family had a “shoot the ramps then shoot the scoop” to start the modes. This does not have something simple like that.
Maybe the game will be better once it is dialed in, but I am beyond disappointed with the build quality issues I’m having. There are so many freaking oversights on this with them trying to make this nice that it’s not funny. For example, the game came with a cheap wrench labled leg bolt wrench… the wrench doesn’t actually fit the bolts (it is barely too small). You have to remove a plate with a huge warning cover labeled “qualified service personnel” to even plug this in. This game looks like they were trying to make a game to appeal to the masses that was less complicated. I don’t think they satisfied anyone here. I would rather have any other JJP game than this based on gameplay. I am grateful the company put a machine in the office, but a Cyclone would have been infinitely more entertaining. I do think this will appeal to little kids that will want to shoot the Duke Kaboom ramp repeatedly though. It is an easy target that appeals to noobs and casuals like scoring goals in World Cup Soccer 94. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

6.5 degrees is generally pretty flat and floaty (even if that is what might be recommended). I usually set my games at 6.8-7.2. Maybe try increasing the pitch a bit to see if that helps with your hangups, particularly at that gate by the wheel. You might also try to adjust the side to side level like 0.2 degrees.

the plug thing is normal, lots of games have that. the service wrench is kind of pointless, not sure why they even included it, other than it might be for a total noob.

I have a game arriving tomorrow so will see how mine stacks up to your issues. crossing my fingers as none of my other JJP games have really had any notable issues or needed much adjustment.

One thing that is very concerning is the scoop pic. On the right side corner, it looks like some peeling or chipping or maybe it's just some frayed mylar. Can you confirm what that is? i reinserted your pic in my post.

3df710430f177c9ec12a97f945d6274cad09ef11 (resized).jpg3df710430f177c9ec12a97f945d6274cad09ef11 (resized).jpg
#289 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

6.5 degrees is generally pretty flat and floaty (even if that is what might be recommended). I usually set my games at 6.8-7.2. Maybe try increasing the pitch a bit to see if that helps with your hangups, particularly at that gate by the wheel. You might also try to adjust the side to side level like 0.2 degrees.
the plug thing is normal, lots of games have that. the service wrench is kind of pointless, not sure why they even included it, other than it might be for a total noob.
I have a game arriving tomorrow so will see how mine stacks up to your issues. crossing my fingers as none of my other JJP games have really had any notable issues or needed much adjustment.
One thing that is very concerning is the scoop pic. On the right side corner, it looks like some peeling or chipping or maybe it's just some frayed mylar. Can you confirm what that is? i reinserted your pic in my post.
[quoted image]

The scoop is very unusual

The green outline red shape looks to be something stuck to the pf. Like a protector mylared onto the PF. I didn’t dig deeprr yet

The hole is also a very unusual shape. sloped sides and no protector on the inside.

#290 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

[quoted image]

They put a bunch of extra mylar which sticks out a bit into the scoop. Not sure its a great decision but at least they're trying to protect the game. It is LOADED with mylar.

#291 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

[quoted image]

Quoted from flynnibus:

The scoop is very unusual
The green outline red shape looks to be something stuck to the pf. Like a protector mylared onto the PF. I didn’t dig deeprr yet
The hole is also a very unusual shape. sloped sides and no protector on the inside.

I forgot to talk about that but took pictures. It appears to me to be a poorly stamp cut piece of mylar.

The scoop is kind of weird on this. I applaud JJP trying something different here, but I'm not sure exactly what this is. There is clearly mylar here and in a few other areas (like around the prize wheel).

I Don't know what they did here. If I had to guess, it is a sticker that is meant to be replaceable (see product number on it) covered in mylar by the scoop. It does seem to be thicker than other parts of the playfield but does not seem to effect gameplay.

I do hope you have better luck with your game than I have so far.

#292 2 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

The scoop is kind of weird on this.

To me it looks like what they did with Wonka where there's a plastic on the edge of the scoop hole, mylared into place.
See this cutout on Wonka? Presumably similar for TS4.

BTW this approach is holding up spectacularly well.

Screen Shot 2022-06-30 at 1.12.24 PM.pngScreen Shot 2022-06-30 at 1.12.24 PM.png
#293 2 years ago

Can anyone with hands on the machine confirm the ball drops in the inlanes?

If they are directly on the switch slots (as they were in Pirates and Wonka) I'll want cliffy's there to prevent the wood from caving in over time.

#294 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Can anyone with hands on the machine confirm the ball drops in the inlanes?
If they are directly on the switch slots (as they were in Pirates and Wonka) I'll want cliffy's there to prevent the wood from caving in over time.

Yes, they are directly over the ball drops.. I have already ordered the switch protector.

#295 2 years ago
Quoted from HarryReimer:

Yes, they are directly over the ball drops.. I have already ordered the switch protector.

I was hoping they learned to stop doing this. Guns didn't drop on the slots. I'll make sure to order some too.

#296 2 years ago

Picking the game up this Saturday and I look forward to messing with wireforms. I think my first attempt will be cut out stainless steel plates to make Slink and have coiled rings as a structure for the wireform to run through. I started messing with designs and this is first one. I will shadow cut the facial features on the plate. It will make sense when I build it. Either way happy to be joining the club very soon!

AE4EC088-797D-4D7F-9E09-850478DD6CC6 (resized).jpegAE4EC088-797D-4D7F-9E09-850478DD6CC6 (resized).jpegC483E15B-6338-49A5-9352-806F7B5C7C20 (resized).jpegC483E15B-6338-49A5-9352-806F7B5C7C20 (resized).jpegF63103EE-0C73-4AB6-BFFC-0141DC72EB69 (resized).jpegF63103EE-0C73-4AB6-BFFC-0141DC72EB69 (resized).jpeg
#297 2 years ago
Quoted from Loganpinball:

Picking the game up this Saturday and I look forward to messing with wireforms. I think my first attempt will be cut out stainless steel plates to make Slink and have coiled rings as a structure for the wireform to run through. I started messing with designs and this is first one. I will shadow cut the facial features on the plate. It will make sense when I build it. Either way happy to be joining the club very soon!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Slink would be more appropriate for the Left Outlane…

#298 2 years ago

I am anxious to see how this progresses.....

#299 2 years ago

Just got my Toy Story 4 (LE) setup today!
Took a while to get setup and the machine is a heavy sucker. Couple issues out of the box similar to others. Had to adjust Duke to be flush with the playfield, screws under the lockbar were too high causing a scratch hazard for pulling the glass off, small screw on Duke plate wasn’t screwed down flush, and the worst issue was that the left ramp wasn’t flush to the playfield because the bottom left screw was stripped and not holding it down.

Played a handful of games so far and wasn’t to impressed after first couple of games. Then I started finding some angles and shots and really started to find the fun. As a better than average layer, I will say it’s nowhere near as easy as everyone is making it out to be. It’s an absolutely gorgeous machine and the nuisance and flow is there as you find the shots. I think it’s going to be here in my collection longer than Stranger Things (Pro) and maybe (just maybe) longer than my Guardians of the Galaxy (Premium)-le

2AABA58B-6B82-44CA-B432-B750FB86ECA4 (resized).jpeg2AABA58B-6B82-44CA-B432-B750FB86ECA4 (resized).jpeg47E5D2E8-8DAA-4A9F-BCBB-AD5FBF1C5AE5 (resized).jpeg47E5D2E8-8DAA-4A9F-BCBB-AD5FBF1C5AE5 (resized).jpeg8817CAC2-F7F6-44CE-9410-FEB21F714E17 (resized).jpeg8817CAC2-F7F6-44CE-9410-FEB21F714E17 (resized).jpegD1FD9F61-7F2F-4461-8AF0-BAD9AF3BFC6A (resized).jpegD1FD9F61-7F2F-4461-8AF0-BAD9AF3BFC6A (resized).jpegDE6B7068-33BD-4BCA-84FA-F1453CBF62CC (resized).jpegDE6B7068-33BD-4BCA-84FA-F1453CBF62CC (resized).jpeg
#300 2 years ago

Thanks for the posts on getting the software update to take, I ended up pulling the Wi-Fi adapter (on mine port closest to the door) to get it to take via USB..

Some issues out of the box, the quality is nothing compared to the sterns I have received this year, disappointed with the lack of polish, market leading prices should result in market lending quality and games.

First play and one of the ramps on the right side was blocking the ball so had to pull the glass and unscrew and adjust.

Two standing issues I need to fix, but not sure how offhand.

1. The top small right flipper flutters on its own based on the playfield activity, looks like the contact is so close the ball simply moving around the playfield causes it to go off, when I actually need it for a shot it’s already moving.

2. The right flipper is not lined up right, the ball bounces off it because it’s not sitting flush relative to the guide, makes shots off that flipper very difficult, it seems like I need to adjust it to sit down maybe 1-1.5” more when neutral.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
13,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Kennebunkport, ME
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 35.00
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 16.95
$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 49.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 259.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
8,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
New Orleans, LA
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 11,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 11,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 3,235 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 65.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.