IMG_7755 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7747 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7746 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5220 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5223 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

10 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #208 TECH: WIRELESS. Fix for if you can't enter wifi settings manually. Posted by Green-Machine (1 year ago)

Post #301 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Gabby Mech adjustment details Posted by pinball_keefer (1 year ago)

Post #1330 TECH: Duke Caboom topper error message possible fix Posted by Jamieryan71 (1 year ago)

Post #1753 TECH:PLAYFIELD. EOS switch error fix Posted by ls1chris (1 year ago)

Post #1844 Sources to check for scratched glass on LEs Posted by Jamwin (1 year ago)

Post #2141 Topper Power issue resolved with updated power cable Posted by Navystan (1 year ago)

Post #2299 Fix for CE apron cards hitting glass Posted by KingBW (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zermeno68.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#53 1 year ago

I’ve put my deposit for CE from Zach at Flipnout. Nice folks to deal with.

I know TS4 is not what it should have been, but seeing footage got me excited I kept my ground for the machine. I’m hoping my kids (8,6) will play this machine more than Met and SW. I already have difficult games/shots and this sounds like a nice pace change.

If not, I hope to beat it and down the road sell/trade it at the market price. Even if you lose 20-30%, you cannot replace the hours of fun with the family.

I think that is far better ROI than selling your gaming console years down the road (yes, I know the $$$ amount is higher for pinball but % lost is more in gaming consoles).

#90 1 year ago
Quoted from playtwowin:

In for a CE. It's nice to have an owners thread where people can share their excitement. Need to stop the hate...
[quoted image]

Yes! I’m excited as well. If this pin was priced at $10K I think there will be better feeling about the lack of mechs, etc…

Personally, I did not order a CE to profit or to ensure I can get my money back. With many gaming products you lose over 50% of valuation. Lately, pinball has not suffered this fate and I’m fully aware down the road getting all your funds back from TS4 would need a special buyer.

However, that was NOT why I’m buying it. You cannot put the price on family fun (broken record as I’ve said this on the other TS4 threads).

I’ve got hard games in my collection already and my kids hate playing them. Hoping they can enjoy playing this one, get better, and eventually play my other games.

I’m an average player and so far happy with the angle taken on TS4 code wise.

Soon someone will provide an in-depth review of the code.

#181 1 year ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

Code 1.06 has those Benson posts going nuts in one of the modes.

I hope They keep tweaking the modes a little to improve the toughness, but yet stuff fun.

It’s a long shot JJP will add a few mini-modes, but I agree would be cool to have them. Does not need to be required to beat the game, but having more meaningful content would be nice.

#197 1 year ago
Quoted from Jkush18:

After manually updating to 1.05 I was able to update via Wi-Fi to 1.06. I noticed the left hot rail wasn’t working post update. Just reseated the connector and all is good now. Frankly the complaints about it being too expensive and easy are perfect for operators. Since many passed on it for home use they will play it on location. Also being more approachable or easy is great to avoid pissed off players that drain right away and feel ripped off. The last week of being on location has been mostly trouble free and met with many smiles from players young and old.

I’d 2nd that. When I pay to play per game, I’d like a pin that I could play for a bit.. complete some modes/shots that make me feel like I made progress or got to experience the pin. FYI, I’m not a great pinball player.

To me this game would do good for location playing as it hits all the checkboxes for an operator (besides price).

Yes, I’m buying it for home and realize if I resell odds of losing funds is rather high.

I’m ready to have a blast playing it.

#222 1 year ago
Quoted from GranpaDave:

Thanks to Tiltbob and spouse!
Several of us local pinheads had the opportunity to shoot and experience TS4.
A couple of thoughts- the game is beautiful. Artwork and lights are outstanding. Really outstanding. Hot rails are great. Theme is very well integrated with film clips, call outs, and music. The shots are very smooth-the kaboom ramp is fun and works well.
I found myself hitting a lot of left and right ramp shots- very open and easily repeatable. However, to get through the game, you do need to hit the other shots, including the scoop, which can be a tough little booger. Lock shots to the left are definitely risky but feel great when accomplished.
Is the game too easy? Maybe…sort of…not really. For most of us non-ranked non-tourney players the game is great. You will have some relatively long ball times, but you have to finish modes/scenes to score well. Yes, I did get to the first carnival wizard mode, but only once in about 10 games.
The current code seemed pretty solid- no major glitches. I almost prefer watching someone else play so I can look at the big beautiful 17 inch back box screen as well as the 10 inch tablet. People crap about the tablet, but it is actually very visible, useful, and will executed. The callouts and theme integration as said before are outstanding. OK, I am not a Toy Story super fan, but as a grandparent and parent I have seen all of the movies. This game could’ve easily been any of the movies as far as listening to the callouts. Yes, some of the characters are unique only to Toy Story 4, but the voice overs, movie clips, and music are top notch.
Last-ability? Well, I kept coming back to play more and it seemed there was so much to explore. I lost several balls just looking up at the monitors trying to figure out what was going on. That is actually a good sign.
My only complaint? The prices are steep even in today’s market. In spite of that, JJP will sell many of these units and will introduce many more people to the world of pinball. That, in itself, is a huge plus.
In the current pinball market, I get the feeling that many games are rushed out as quickly as possible with incomplete code and annoying mechanical issues. So everybody puts their order in, most often without even playing the game, and then the huge waiting game begins. However,TS4 was available almost immediately after announcement, and it appears to be very polished right out of the box. So find yourself a good pinball buddy who has one or get one yourself and it will make for a good day.
Cheers!

Thanks for your input!! Good perspective that I’m hoping more people will be able to add input over time.

I like your comment about the shots and progress through the modes. Just reaching to the carnival wizard mode is one objective. I hope trying to repeat it again will be slightly different with little more difficulty.

Maybe JJP can consider adding additional mini-modes that can provide a little more depth.

When I have guests over and they play #metallica-le and #star-wars-stern-le , they are difficult for non-pin heads including myself.

This is a modern game that seems simple, but hope provides depth. Let’s get past the price. I’m buying a CE and willing to eat the price when I do choose to resell it.

I do hope JJP reconsiders and add 2-3 more mini-modes. Chances are super slim.

#225 1 year ago
Quoted from rob3:

For all the easy talk about the game, it's interesting there is little mention of prob the hardest skill shot and most narrow scoop I have personally ever seen. Also left road trip shot is not exactly easy. I have not played enough but would cool if the left standup target came into play more strategically in the carnival modes. Maybe it does but haven't got there yet (only played on location).
I took independent polls on my 7 and 9 year olds and both of their favorite Toy Story characters are Forky. This is both maddening and also a testament to Disney's ability to psychologically manufacture greatness. I can better understand their push for TS4 based on this anecdotal survey.
As far as my kids go, I'm excited to get TS4 because I think that the Duke Kaboom shot's frequency will go a long way to help them understand flipper timing. The ball comes in smooth and at the same speed and the shot is tight enough that I can talk them through the shot and it has a huge payoff. Pinball is way more fun with others, so from a value prop perspective if my kids (7, 9, 14, 15) play with me more and it's because JJP took a lesson from Disney on manufacturing kid interest, then it's one more tick on making it worth the purchase.

Nice! I’ve been trying to say this to other pinheads, but in different way. Too many folks saying it’s tailored for kids, yada yada yada.

It’s just many are disappointed of execution, cost, and the family target perspective for a JJP game that took about 2 years to release (since GnR).

I’m stoked like you are to have my kids (6,8) the chance to stay with me in my gameroom to play pinball. This one might work.

I’ve not played this game yet, but hoping it’s “deep” enough to keep my interest. I’m not the best player, but if I can get far along the game consistently while maintaining the fun factor it will be worth my money!

#231 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Amazing. But glad I’m not Karl level.
I’ll just flip and enjoy and one day get
There
If it’s close to Wonka it will be great and it looks like a fun shooter.
Price? Tough to swallow

Yeah, MSRP price is thought to swallow, but I’m sure maybe Resell price will adjust that.

I’ve not played the game yet, but I am with you my skills are a fraction of Karl’s which would make this game last a while before I consider switching out.

#236 1 year ago
Quoted from RebelGuitars:

I’m hear there’s more code coming.

I truly hope you are right as I want to believe we have JJP employees apart of pinside reading all the negativity regarding the expectation and what was delivered for the price increase.

What another pinsider said the layout/mech is fixed and cannot be altered. All JJP can do is add more code.

I hope you are right to reconsider how easy it was to complete the game and inject content to make it harder. Though, that would be a redesign from the code perspective and not sure how viable that is.

All JJP can do to soften this price issue is make the code insanely better than it is (depth and uniqueness).

FYI, I have yet to play the game and only seen streamers play.

#239 1 year ago
Quoted from RebelGuitars:

Setting up Carnival MB isn't always easy and I've only seen Take a Chance MB once. You have to collect everything on the spinning wheel to get Take a Chance MB. If you hit the captive ball before collecting the selected perk, the wheel spins again to something else making it tougher to collect them all.

Thanks for input. I hope more people will provide information like yours breaking down the code. I’m trying to not watch too many streamers as I don’t want to spoil it for myself.

My CE order is way down the road and I’m hoping there is some additional code injected. After all, if JJP is to release 2 games a year real soon they are gonna be like Stern release code updates unless they get more Devs on board.

1 week later
#345 1 year ago
Quoted from PinDeadHead:

If he bailed on his CE wouldn’t he lose his deposit $? My LE deposit was non refundable.
Are everyone else’s deposits non-refundable out of curiosity?

Yes.. They are typically non-refundable deposits. If you ordered through a distributor, you could find a person to take your slot and which you will require to person to provide you with X amount of funds to take the spot from you.

The new person will typically pay for what is remaining from the balance minus your deposit. Otherwise, if you cannot find someone and still want to bail… the distro will keep your funds and re-list the game for the purchase price.

I guess people are saying if you ordered through JJP there is a transfer fee… I’m not familiar with this as I did not order mine though JJP website.

1 week later
#455 1 year ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

Already in on a CE. I wrote the above to ask do you think it’s a good or bad sign there seems to be so many available?

A good example was Wonka CE. By the end there was a distro clearance to buy the remaining ones… I think prior to or slightly after a code update improved the game such that demand skyrocket.

TS4 could be the same way. Many have complained there should be non-linear mini modes and an ultra Wizard mod for finishing the game.

If they do that then it will improve the demand.

I cancelled my CE order, but am happy to play this game on location. It’s a fun game, but with limited space it’s not the one to keep.

1 week later
#519 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

Knowing there is room for human error JJP should strive to attain the best possible customer service to account for things that slip through the cracks. Translation: Get Butch and LTG back

To add to this conversation, just bought NIB Wonka from a distro and once unboxed, I saw this…

The backbox has a 4-5” crack and the backside of the backbox is not properly aligned… personally, this is a manufacturing problem.

I’m in limbo right now as my wife, who signed for the package, forgot to put on the BOL the shipping box had a small hole in it. Fyi, that hole was on the opposite side of this damaged/cracked area.

At the moment it seems Frieght insurance is not liable. My wife did indicate on the slip she could not unbox to verify if any concealed damage exist.

Seems distro tried to tech out to JJP. No surprise I think JJP will not provide a replacement.

Even if my distro “fixes” it using glue and repaint.. why would that be acceptable for a NIB machine??

I’m hoping my issue is resolved appropriately. Personally, this slipped through the cracks, but it’s also hard to prove if this happened while it sat in the distro’s warehouse for the past 1 1/2 years.

203B84D6-3A8B-4092-BD6B-091C83D83538 (resized).jpeg203B84D6-3A8B-4092-BD6B-091C83D83538 (resized).jpeg48D3126F-162D-40E8-A964-81DEA2B7AE23 (resized).jpeg48D3126F-162D-40E8-A964-81DEA2B7AE23 (resized).jpeg
#524 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Sucks that happened. I recommend getting a hobby syringe and some needles (kit below, may need smaller needles or need to drill small pilot holes into the crack). Fill the syringe with wood glue, inject into cabinet, clamp, let dry, fill the crack if needed with some wood filler / sand, add a bit of paint, done. Should look as good as new.
amazon.com link »

Quoted from flynnibus:

Clamps.. glue.. and some black paint afterwards. Repair and move on. Get some monetary concession from your distributor for the damaged item. No one will care once it's repaired.
Best possible outcome would be to get a new backbox shipped, but if that doesn't pan out quickly, just move on with life. This is not a big deal.
Our wonka had head damage from the shipper... cuts in the head decal. Fighting shipping claims is far more painful then any gain you get from it. At the end of the day, we just left it, and when we sold the game, we were just clear on the games condition and sold it w/o a problem.

Thanks you two for suggestions. Yeah, I’m a little pissed due to this crack, but it could be worse.

Monetary compensation seems like a fair asking given the alternative would be too expensive (shipping was $500).

Also, thanks for suggestion how to fix this crack.. like the syringe idea. I’ll look it over.

Lastly, that was my concern was resell. But your right that if I be up front it should sell.. besides, it will be fixed.

#525 1 year ago

Sorry to detail the thread… related JJP QA issue discussed.

Back to TS4.

#604 1 year ago
Quoted from Noma2017:

Can’t Karl work his way through Pure Imagination quickly as well? I mean we are talking about one of the best here…

Has Karl done a stream of Wonka’s wizard mode, Pure Imagination?

If so.. I cannot find it.

2 weeks later
#734 1 year ago
Quoted from Jokerman:

So…back in March with the speculation re Toy Story, and being totally in on the theme, I wanted to have something on the wall next to it that reflected the fun and magic of the movies, based primarily on Andy’s room - plus a few cheeky adult bits like the movies. So I had someone I know work this up. It arrived this week and (I think) did a good job in capturing that. I am staying in on the CE - but of course kinda wish the pin was a bit more theme-ish on the earlier movies (no surprise to all). Having said that, great to hear the positive reviews from you guys and from that I am looking forward to uniting the pin with what’s on the wall next to it for sure!!
[quoted image]

Cool artwork...

Had money flowed form the trees I would have kept my CE order. Sadly, only 1 slot available for a new pin I decided to go with Wonka.

TS4 is a fun game and well.... perhaps I can join the club when its right for me. Not now.

#768 1 year ago
Quoted from AvidPinPlayer:

Well I finally made it to the end. Over 250 games to get there. It was LOTS of fun getting there AND completing the wizard mode.[quoted image]

We’re you able to get through both characters (buzz and woody)? Watching the stream it seems it gets harder the 2nd time around.

Wondering what your thoughts are on that.

#807 1 year ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Doesn’t seem worth updating, I hope we get more polish. Reworked wizard mode that is different from the first half would be nice.

So, don’t you all think that ship has sailed? Recall Jack mentioned TS4 was going to be released with nearly completed code.

To all us that hear that, it’s main tasks, wizard modes, progression concepts are all down.
All they would be doing is polish up the code as they see/hear of operational issues.

I’d 2nd changing what happens after you get near the end of the 2nd wizard mode.

Someone else also mentioned adding mini-wizard mode auto-launched after the player has beaten X number of modes. That would be cool.

But at this point I think that won’t happen. Hope to be wrong.

#826 1 year ago

Let’s see some photos of this sexy CE. I’m sad that I let go of my CE order due to space decisions but lurking around.

2 weeks later
#983 1 year ago
Quoted from beltking:

With my ce the lockdown bar has a lot of play and movement. Any way to make this tighter? You can lift it up a bit when locked.

Isn’t that what those two gold flat-head screw are for under the lockdown bar? Just loosen those screws equally, re-apply the lockdown bar until the play is all gone.

3 weeks later
#1274 1 year ago

I was in a hotel last night and Willy Wonka happened to be playing on a movie channel. Perfect night cap movie. Love it every time I watch the film as it does not get old.

3 months later
#2020 1 year ago

For those that have Wonka and TS4, how is the gameplay compared? Is there room for both in a small collection? Given Pat L. Designed both do both games flow/shots feel too similar to keep both?

If you observe Dailed In, Wonka and now TS4, I see common shots within his designs but slight difference in the inner shots.

Thoughts?

#2027 1 year ago

Yeah… I would not know until I put a TS4 next to my Wonka to see for myself.

I will have to wait to sell one of my games first as I just bought TNA.

5 months later
#2588 9 months ago

For those who likes this game.. how is the replay ability going for you?

Might be a little early, but interested in knowing who first enjoyed it, but slowly faded away over time.

#2597 9 months ago

Yeah, I jumped off the train after I played little over 2 hours of playtime when it first came out after I read about the rules/objective.

It was a fun shooter, but just lacked what I was seeking at the time. It might be close to time to give it a shot in a home setting.

Star Wars is my prime example of living a game after taking it home. Sucked on location, but fun as hell at home.

Maybe I can get that feeling with TS. Time will tell and thanks for those who responded.

2 weeks later
#2638 9 months ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

I walk to work uphill and pack a lunch everyday to buy pins.

Now that is nickel and dime style! Nice!! I need to convince grandma/grandpa to come watch their grandkids so I can use the $15K I pay a year for daycare to buy more machines!!

Ugh… sadly, won’t happen.

1 month later
#2779 7 months ago
Quoted from rob3:

I’ve brought this up a few times. Amazing mode that is not built into the progression enough to make it valuable towards “just one more game” feeling. Probably one of the better modes in pinball due to the amazing super jackpot (bonus target on the pinball mini game) but alas one in 500 games to even get there let alone see it.
I have confidence the team is working in a major update to this game. Hope to see it as an owner.

If they do update adding what you say, “just one more mode feeling” then I’ll sell my Star Wars pinball to buy this.

The thing is, the fundamental rules set has public ally been told it’s set in stone. That won’t change, but adding bonus modes perhaps could be added.

Not sure. Here’s to hoping.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Led
Lermods

9,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cherry Valley, CA
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 11,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 15,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

Machine - For Sale
Littleton, CO
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - Pre-order Spot
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 16.95
12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Royersford, PA

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zermeno68.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/we-are-all-toys-the-jjp-toy-story-4-owners-club?tu=zermeno68 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.