IMG_7754 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7753 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7755 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7747 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7746 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5220 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5223 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

10 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,160 posts in this topic. You are on page 47 of 64.
#2301 1 year ago

I think I found the issue. Take a look at the pic one of the wires got desoldered…

See how one of the posts is de soldered on one side
11CB5F87-BBEB-4545-988E-B2DE6418155F (resized).jpeg11CB5F87-BBEB-4545-988E-B2DE6418155F (resized).jpeg

Guess I’ll have to wait for my tech to come next week to solder it back together;

Also my Bo peep toy went flying when I pushed game back on is it just fit under those white things loosely?

#2302 1 year ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

Guess I’ll have to wait for my tech

You can fix it in a day.

Get a simple soldering iron like this - https://www.digikey.com/en/products/detail/sra-soldering-products/AO469/10709908?utm_adgroup=General&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=Shopping_DK%2BSupplier_SRA%20Soldering%20Products&utm_term=&utm_content=General&gclid=CjwKCAjwrJ-hBhB7EiwAuyBVXUALKrT-FbAi7PYkjNfeemYdSRZmna6cNHY_YZFE6pQ2_829eEnEOxoCpQIQAvD_BwE or cheaper available irons near you.

Get some solder ( preferably with lead ) and scrap wire. And a wire cutter to also use as a wire stripper.

Youtube has lots of short how to videos on soldering. Learn to heat a joint and flow solder. A little practice at a table. In 15 minutes or less you'll be darn near a pro.

Then turn your game of. And fix that wire.

Easy peasy lemon squeezee.

LTG : )

#2303 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

You can fix it in a day.
Get a simple soldering iron like this - https://www.digikey.com/en/products/detail/sra-soldering-products/AO469/10709908?utm_adgroup=General&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=Shopping_DK%2BSupplier_SRA%20Soldering%20Products&utm_term=&utm_content=General&gclid=CjwKCAjwrJ-hBhB7EiwAuyBVXUALKrT-FbAi7PYkjNfeemYdSRZmna6cNHY_YZFE6pQ2_829eEnEOxoCpQIQAvD_BwE or cheaper available irons near you.
Get some solder ( preferably with lead ) and scrap wire. And a wire cutter to also use as a wire stripper.
Youtube has lots of short how to videos on soldering. Learn to heat a joint and flow solder. A little practice at a table. In 15 minutes or less you'll be darn near a pro.
Then turn your game of. And fix that wire.
Easy peasy lemon squeezee.

Good news my friend knows nothing about Pinball, but knows how to solder and he’s coming by to do it for me and show me how to do it

#2304 1 year ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

My Gaby, Gaby is not working and it is marked broken and the coils are not working under coil test. Any idea what to do next?
Just says check device malfunction detected
Then when I go in to test coils to bring it up nothing happens says coil 22 and 21 is off
And yes I pulled switch out for high voltage ..[quoted image]

Check for broken wire on the coil... gabby loves to break the wires to the coil

Edit: see you found it on the next page

#2305 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Check for broken wire on the coil... gabby loves to break the wires to the coil
Edit: see you found it on the next page

My friend brought two solder guns and neither of them worked, and he managed to cook a little bit of a CAT5 blue cable. Hopefully it didn’t do any damage, and if it did are those cables easily to replace?

I’m talking about the standard blue cat five cables that are everywhere.

so project was a epic fail. I’m going to wait for the real tech to come next week;

My so-called friend obviously overinflated his skills, and he was not professional at all, and he said it was an easy job. I didn’t even pay him because he failed.

I’m embarrassed ;

Turned on the game to see if was alright in a booted fine. I accidentally pushed Gabi Gabi up and she’s stuck in the up position. Is that all right until I fix the coil?

I tried pushing her down from the top, but she is stuck up

#2306 1 year ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

Is that all right until I fix the coil?

Yes. ( I don't have the game to check. One coil is probably up, the other locks or unlocks to hold up or drop Gabby )

Quoted from BrokenChair:

I’m going to wait for the real tech to come next week;

At this point probably a good idea.

You can still pick up stuff and practice on your own. Not hard, easy to master.

#2307 1 year ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

but she is stuck up

you're tellin me, she thinks the sun shines out of her

#2308 1 year ago

How do you adjust the shaker motor can't find it in the manual.Thaks

#2309 1 year ago
Quoted from jukeboxtim:

It’s in the Coil Settings under one of the General sections, Maximum Shaker Strength.

#2310 1 year ago
Quoted from jukeboxtim:

I am quite sure it will not change strength just frequently you still need to move the weights if you want to soften it like I did!

#2311 1 year ago
Quoted from rockrand:

I am quite sure it will not change strength just frequently you still need to move the weights if you want to soften it like I did!

It changes the strength. I tried it on 'low' and didn't care for it much. Went back to default after a couple of games.

#2312 1 year ago

My game still periodically after booting shows an error about the playfield screen... sometimes the screen shows correct thing... sometimes it's blank... sometimes it shows the same thing as main monitor. I have checked the cdmi cable many times and only thing that solves things is rebooting the machine. What can the issue be?

#2313 1 year ago

Shooter rod is hitting auto plunge assy. I have already lowered the shooter rod all the way down, but the shooter rod is still hitting the top of the auto plunger. I don't see any way to raise the auto plunger since it screws into the bottom of the playfield. Any help would be appreciated.

#2314 1 year ago
Quoted from Linkboy74:

Shooter rod is hitting auto plunge assy. I have already lowered the shooter rod all the way down, but the shooter rod is still hitting the top of the auto plunger. I don't see any way to raise the auto plunger since it screws into the bottom of the playfield. Any help would be appreciated.

I had same issue. The only solution is to slightly bend the playfield holder tabs down so the playfield sits slightly higher up. This will insure it doesn’t hit the auto plunge assy

#2315 1 year ago
Quoted from Ilushka85:

I had same issue. The only solution is to slightly bend the playfield holder tabs down so the playfield sits slightly higher up. This will insure it doesn’t hit the auto plunge assy

Not too high, or the nuts from the apron cards will come into contact with the pf glass

#2316 1 year ago
Quoted from Linkboy74:

Quoted from Ilushka85:

Saw these posts and thought I’d offer a suggestion that worked on my POTC. If the issue is the plunger making contact with the top part of the auto launch, then getting the auto launch to rest just slightly higher might give the clearance you need while still having the launch be plenty strong.

Under the playfield I taped about 1/4 inch of foam weather stripping under the auto launch plate so the top of the auto launch would rest just a bit higher. It kept the auto launcher from resting where it was without the foam, and that was all the clearance I needed to have the plunger stop making contact with it. Might be worth trying in order to avoid bending the playfield hangars. Here are pics of what I did.
1EB716A2-C6F1-4F89-AD06-11C32B973A0D (resized).jpeg1EB716A2-C6F1-4F89-AD06-11C32B973A0D (resized).jpeg0773B1F4-6CB1-4AC1-BF1F-006AEAFD3814 (resized).jpeg0773B1F4-6CB1-4AC1-BF1F-006AEAFD3814 (resized).jpeg8FC3D9E4-AEF7-4FD3-8D7E-8F4D3788D3EB (resized).jpeg8FC3D9E4-AEF7-4FD3-8D7E-8F4D3788D3EB (resized).jpeg

#2317 1 year ago

Quick response from JJP. See attached drawing to adjust the height of the lockdown bar receiver. The steps highlighted in blue. This fixed my porblem in a matter of minutes. Just make sure you remove the shipping screws highlighted in red. Thanks for everyone's help

Lockdown Bar Adjustment.pdfLockdown Bar Adjustment.pdf
#2318 1 year ago

We have one Buzz Lightyear shooter rod available. Made by Pinball Mods Brasil. Handcrafted and hand painted. Professional high resistance resin and high quality clear coat.

https://lermods.com/products/toy-story-4-pinball-shooter-rod

IMG_0041 (resized).jpegIMG_0041 (resized).jpeg
#2319 1 year ago
Quoted from rockrand:

Please please tell me how you did it, I spent a whole morning trying to do it with no luck, every small screw was TOO strong, even with an electronic screwdriver was impossible to do it. I cant have the shaker activated, its too strong even in the lower setting, please, would you share a "how to"? I know its just moving the weights in the shaker, at 90 or 180 degrees depends on how you want it, but I wasnt even able to move them.

Thanks in advance!!!

#2320 1 year ago
Quoted from ViNsEDj:

Please please tell me how you did it, I spent a whole morning trying to do it with no luck, every small screw was TOO strong, even with an electronic screwdriver was impossible to do it. I cant have the shaker activated, its too strong even in the lower setting, please, would you share a "how to"? I know its just moving the weights in the shaker, at 90 or 180 degrees depends on how you want it, but I wasnt even able to move them.
Thanks in advance!!!

I'd be interested in this as well. It's a cool feature of the table but I had to turn it off in my home. My table is on the first floor which sits on carpet on top of a 5/8" plywood subfloor and a basement below and it rattles the house too much. It would be nice to be able to turn it back on.

#2321 1 year ago

Sometimes when I power on Toy Story I'll have no sound coming out of the speakers... I reboot it and the sound returns. It does this every couple days.. thoughts..? Also, I've never paired this via bluetooth so it's not connecting to an external speaker/ headset. Thanks

#2322 1 year ago
Quoted from SiN13:

I'd be interested in this as well. It's a cool feature of the table but I had to turn it off in my home. My table is on the first floor which sits on carpet on top of a 5/8" plywood subfloor and a basement below and it rattles the house too much. It would be nice to be able to turn it back on.

Go into settings and under coil settings you can adjust it to 'Low' which changes the intensity of the shaker. You don't need to unscrew anything or move weights, not sure why you would even bother with attempting that.

#2323 1 year ago
Quoted from SuperMas77:

Go into settings and under coil settings you can adjust it to 'Low' which changes the intensity of the shaker. You don't need to unscrew anything or move weights, not sure why you would even bother with attempting that.

I have never seen this option on a pin before. But yes I see under coils there is a shaker intensity setting again never seen this before so try that first before you move any shaker weights! But it will not hurt anything if you did and may still be needed if LOW is not enough for you.

#2324 1 year ago

Good morning,
I just received my pinball machine.
I have 2 problems:
-switch lock 1 which turns on and off continuously
- the pinball indicates the 3 switches D01 D02 D03 (EOS) in error
Do you have the same problems?
An idea ?
THANKS
seb

#2325 1 year ago
Quoted from sebseb12:

I have 2 problems:
-switch lock 1 which turns on and off continuously

Clean the lock inserts from below.. and make sure board is aligned with lock cutouts. Run the calibration option in the menus (pretty sure there is still a calibration option)

#2326 1 year ago

Is this cheating? Anyway I’m now able to make multiple upper loop shots. It fits like it was made for it. Also seeing more loops on balls bouncing close to the longer flipper.

79186256-1EE5-4D7A-99D3-4B8709258B7E (resized).jpeg79186256-1EE5-4D7A-99D3-4B8709258B7E (resized).jpeg
#2327 1 year ago
Quoted from dannunz:

Is this cheating? Anyway I’m now able to make multiple upper loop shots. It fits like it was made for it. Also seeing more loops on balls bouncing close to the longer flipper.
[quoted image]

I was considering a bigger mini but is that a full size flipper?

#2328 1 year ago
Quoted from dannunz:

[quoted image]

It's only cheating if you're competing (posting scores, etc).

If this is what it takes for you to make Toy Story 4 fun, more power to you. It's your pin, do what you like.

#2329 1 year ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

I was considering a bigger mini but is that a full size flipper?

Yes fits perfect

#2330 1 year ago

New code v1.11. Before you get excited though, doesn't look like much there...

== Game Code
* fixed enter initials not working for Player #2
* fixed drop target update in Road Trip MB
* wheel positioning improvements
+ added adjustments for drop target up/down coil firing

== Core Code
* removed ScorBit support
* improved photo taking behavior

#2331 1 year ago
Quoted from LesManley:

New code v1.11. Before you get excited though, doesn't look like much there...
== Game Code
* fixed enter initials not working for Player #2
* fixed drop target update in Road Trip MB
* wheel positioning improvements
+ added adjustments for drop target up/down coil firing
== Core Code
* removed ScorBit support

Doesn’t take much to get me excited and version number increases is one of them. RIP Scorbit, hope there is something in the works to replace it or bring it back.

#2332 1 year ago

It's cool something was added but where's the notes for additional callouts, expanding upon existing or adding more modes, adding different music to the carnival modes? A meat and potatoes substantial code update has been missing from JJP for a long time.

#2333 1 year ago

Anyone w/o internet connection to their TS4 try updating the code via USB yet? I keep trying to go through the USB update process, but every time I select the ISO file in Rufus, I get an error that says "the ISO file does not match its declared size: 627.7MB of data is missing!". But, I use the checkmark in Rufus, and the MD5 checksum matches, so I try to save it to the USB, and it fails with an "ISO image extraction failure". I've redownloaded the ISO a couple of times now, and the same thing happens.

Anybody else? Or is any of this a known headache of this update process? I haven't had a JJP since The Hobbit a year or two ago, so it's been a while since I've updated their games...

#2334 1 year ago
Quoted from zeldarioid:

Anyone w/o internet connection to their TS4 try updating the code via USB yet? I keep trying to go through the USB update process, but every time I select the ISO file in Rufus, I get an error that says "the ISO file does not match its declared size: 627.7MB of data is missing!". But, I use the checkmark in Rufus, and the MD5 checksum matches, so I try to save it to the USB, and it fails with an "ISO image extraction failure". I've redownloaded the ISO a couple of times now, and the same thing happens.
Anybody else? Or is any of this a known headache of this update process? I haven't had a JJP since The Hobbit a year or two ago, so it's been a while since I've updated their games...

if you are doing an update, why are you messing with ISOs? Just use the delta upgrade which is just a zip file you put on the USB drive.

#2335 1 year ago

I am heartbroken Scorbit is gone from my TS4 and WONKA. I agree, the platform was NOT friendly to use, however it was less of a pain in the butt than typing in my name for every game when I make a high score. Plus I kind of liked having my name on display when I was playing rather than just "PLAYER 1". Again, I agree a PITA but is anyone with me on this? If JJP is rolling out their own platform at least have it out in beta before dumping Scorbit.

#2336 1 year ago
Quoted from wolverinewarlord:

Again, I agree a PITA but is anyone with me on this? If JJP is rolling out their own platform at least have it out in beta before dumping Scorbit.

That can get sticky. Developing a competitive product while licensing a third party can open you up to issues. Depends on the licensing agreement.

#2337 1 year ago

I’m so happy. I downloaded the new code today. It fixed all of the problems that I was having.

Any of you have problems that this new code did not address?

#2338 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

It's cool something was added but where's the notes for additional callouts, expanding upon existing or adding more modes, adding different music to the carnival modes? A meat and potatoes substantial code update has been missing from JJP for a long time.

I'd love to see that meat and potatoes update but I wont hold my breath, haha. I hope it comes some day though for sure.

#2339 1 year ago

New CE owner here. Game is beautiful! I've noticed when installing the topper the screw holes at the top are very much out of alignment when it's sitting on the backbox with the back plate attached. Should I drill new holes or loosen the backplate, allowing topper to move forward a bit? Has anyone else had this issue?

#2340 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

if you are doing an update, why are you messing with ISOs? Just use the delta upgrade which is just a zip file you put on the USB drive.

Following the instructions found on the JJP website. There wasn’t information on the delta, and it was listed as 1.05, so wasn’t sure. Will try my luck there. Do I need to unzip it to the USB, or leave it as-is?

#2341 1 year ago

This update has more than what is listed in the read me notes. I just downloaded and installed fine over WI-FI. After the update your disc will spin for a bit readjusting, just let it do its thing. I noticed new SFX, New VO callouts and some new images for a few modes.

I have a jacket that if I wear it while playing it always would take photos of the Vans logo on the front jacket pocket instead of my face, that seems fixed.

The short read me notes released is not all the new additions and adjustments. Curious why JJP did not include all the new content. Going back to play a few more games, love this game and thanks for the update, keep them coming.

#2342 1 year ago

Just did update, seemed to have a tense moment wi fi all good and the disk spun for a bit. Only got one game but was able to change an eb based on scoring from 500,000 to 1,000,000 a big plus.

#2343 1 year ago
Quoted from zeldarioid:

Following the instructions found on the JJP website. There wasn’t information on the delta, and it was listed as 1.05, so wasn’t sure. Will try my luck there. Do I need to unzip it to the USB, or leave it as-is?

https://marketing.jerseyjackpinball.com/general/install-delta/

you want the extracted folder on the top level of the USB drive.

Get the game on wifi - once you do software updates are a BREEZE

#2344 1 year ago

I have a CE, I updated mine by Wi-Fi and it was very easy. Does the CE come with the USB cable, as I could not find one in mine?

#2345 1 year ago
Quoted from thepinballworks:

I have a CE, I updated mine by Wi-Fi and it was very easy. Does the CE come with the USB cable, as I could not find one in mine?

No. The wifi and Bluetooth dongles are on the board on the left side of the base cabinet near the coin door. If you want to update with a USB flash drive, you can remove one of those dongles temporarily. Updates with Wifi or ethernet is the easiest and best way to do it.

#2346 1 year ago
Quoted from KingBW:

No. The wifi and Bluetooth dongles are on the board on the left side of the base cabinet near the coin door. If you want to update with a USB flash drive, you can remove one of those dongles temporarily. Updates with Wifi or ethernet is the easiest and best way to do it.

Ok
I seen those.
That helps.
Thanks.

#2347 1 year ago
Quoted from LesManley:

So finally they let players opt-out of having the game keeping their photos at game over? Oh, I guess not. But they should.

#2348 1 year ago
Quoted from soren:

So finally they let players opt-out of having the game keeping their photos at game over? Oh, I guess not. But they should.

I don't have the game to check.

Did they take it out ? Other jjp games with a camera all you have to do is hold the right flipper button in when you hit the start button.

Or disable it in settings or put a piece of tape over it.

#2349 1 year ago
Quoted from soren:

You've been able to disable the camera at the start of a game for a while now assuming the operator hasn't disabled it.

#2350 1 year ago

I haven't been able to find this, or just missed - is there a way to delete the photos taken? I reset the high scores, but wanted to clear out pictures as well; haven't been able to find if that's possible or where it's located.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 15,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Linthicum Heights, MD
$ 18.50
Playfield - Decals
Lermods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hardware
Pinball Haven

12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Little Egg Harbor, NJ
$ 35.00
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 11,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 16.95
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 3,160 posts in this topic. You are on page 47 of 64.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/we-are-all-toys-the-jjp-toy-story-4-owners-club/page/47 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.