IMG_7747 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7746 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5220 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5223 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1628 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

10 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #208 TECH: WIRELESS. Fix for if you can't enter wifi settings manually. Posted by Green-Machine (1 year ago)

Post #301 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Gabby Mech adjustment details Posted by pinball_keefer (1 year ago)

Post #1330 TECH: Duke Caboom topper error message possible fix Posted by Jamieryan71 (1 year ago)

Post #1753 TECH:PLAYFIELD. EOS switch error fix Posted by ls1chris (1 year ago)

Post #1844 Sources to check for scratched glass on LEs Posted by Jamwin (1 year ago)

Post #2141 Topper Power issue resolved with updated power cable Posted by Navystan (1 year ago)

Post #2299 Fix for CE apron cards hitting glass Posted by KingBW (12 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dreadreaper.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#140 1 year ago
Quoted from Jkush18:

Spoke with jjp today. They are aware of the drop target bug and will be fixing with an update. The servers are not live at the moment so if your game comes with 1.04 you’ll want to usb update to 1.05 to get scorbit working.

What's the drop target bug?

#240 1 year ago

Can we make a list of possible issues to check out of the box? I'll start:

1. Check right flipper gap and ensure it is not binding.
2. Make sure switches are affixed to rails properly
3. Check lockbar for twisting
4. Check playfield rails to make sure they are attached properly

#269 1 year ago

EDIT: It was a loose connector in backbox at J601.I was looking at the PLAYFIELD J601 like a chump.

Getting 3x stuck EOS switches when I boot my game up. Checked J601 on the board and reseated the connector but did not help. Obviously the EOS switches themselves are gapped properly and working etc. They don't register during switch test. Anyone know anything else I could try before I go to JJP? Might be a dead board?

20220628_221034 (resized).jpg20220628_221034 (resized).jpg

#290 1 year ago
Quoted from Lermods:

6.5 degrees is generally pretty flat and floaty (even if that is what might be recommended). I usually set my games at 6.8-7.2. Maybe try increasing the pitch a bit to see if that helps with your hangups, particularly at that gate by the wheel. You might also try to adjust the side to side level like 0.2 degrees.
the plug thing is normal, lots of games have that. the service wrench is kind of pointless, not sure why they even included it, other than it might be for a total noob.
I have a game arriving tomorrow so will see how mine stacks up to your issues. crossing my fingers as none of my other JJP games have really had any notable issues or needed much adjustment.
One thing that is very concerning is the scoop pic. On the right side corner, it looks like some peeling or chipping or maybe it's just some frayed mylar. Can you confirm what that is? i reinserted your pic in my post.
[quoted image]

They put a bunch of extra mylar which sticks out a bit into the scoop. Not sure its a great decision but at least they're trying to protect the game. It is LOADED with mylar.

#307 1 year ago

How do I get the kickback to function more reliably? It seems to go down the drain most of the time. Do I adjust the kickback delay downward or upward perhaps? Thanks

By the way I recommend folks check their plungers as mine was clipping the auto plunger. I had to add 3 washers in order to get it to an angle where it didn't do it anymore!

#334 1 year ago

Anyone else finding the Bo Peep Loops really hard to qualify? I think it relies on hitting them via combos to juice up the numbers quickly, but i find it quite difficult to combo them on a steep game. Just not enough power to get around and it slams into the already-spinning spinner which kills momentum. Any adjustments I can make? Thanks

#337 1 year ago
Quoted from rob3:

Your scoop eject may need to be dialed down. If the ball is not transitioning out of the scoop right it won’t feed the flipper well and make it hard to hit the loop.
As far as qualifying it for carousel multiball, I think you need to have super spinner on the wheel - or at least that makes it way easier. Otherwise you’ll need to hit it 3 consecutive times. Yikes

The flipper is fed nicely it's just the combo shot that never seems to make it around. It gets biffed by the already spinning spinner usually and loses momentum.

#403 1 year ago

About 50% of my inner loop shots "biff" on the spinner (i.e. lose most momentum), do I just need to raise it up slightly to prevent that? Thanks

#410 1 year ago
Quoted from beltking:

On the double left lane did jjp fix the ball stuck issue? Is there a post with rubber in the center of the double lane to the left flipper?
My wonka I had to shave down the rubber on the post a lot or it wouldn’t pass and got stuck.

Mine definitely slows down. Thinking of removing the center rubber nub.

#422 1 year ago

Agreed - Bo Peep Loops is really difficult to complete unless you chain 3+ loops together, which basically requires luck in my opinion because the tiny flipper struggles to chain the shots.

Quoted from Rscontrino:

Need some help with game rules
I have the hardest time getting the Bo-Beep scene to complete. I can hit the innerloop a decent amount of times but it appears that the only time it registers or counts to the scene if Spin the wheel is on Super Loops and then hit an inner loop once to start the mode. This is much more difficult to do during regular gameplay than coming off the skill shot. One other way I have seen is that you can get a scene spotted to you from the mystery scoop. Any other ways to start and or complete the scene? This is by far the most frustrating scene in the game. I dialed the consecutive loops to two and total of 5 after super loop is activated to make it easier. It is so common for me to waste3 balls just trying to complete this bo beep scene after everything else is completed. maybe they can add some code to make it even easier.

1 month later
#687 1 year ago

Is there supposed to be a gap here at the bottom of the screw for the wheel? My wheel is going out of control and I think it is because there is too much up and down play. I don't see a way to remove this screw to add a washer or something. Any tips? Thank you

20220813_151855 (resized).jpg20220813_151855 (resized).jpg
#692 1 year ago
Quoted from arcadenerd925:

When you say your wheel is going out of control, can you elaborate? Mine was spinning and spinning on start up (couldnt find "home") and it turned out the opto board was skewed underneath the wheel so I had to re-seat.

Yes this is what I mean. I adjusted the disc and it seems to find home now.

#693 1 year ago

Is the Duke caboom ramp supposed to be perfectly level? I find that when the ramp is lifted it is slightly tilted to the left, which results in a lot of missed shots. I tried adjusting the screws but it seems the way the arm lifts the Duke kabooom flap it causes it to lean to the left.

#697 1 year ago
Quoted from explosiveegg:

I'm pretty sure it's supposed to be like that.
Here is a screen shot of it during the promo video.
[quoted image]

Great image! Mine is exactly like this. I wonder if it is to curve the momentum of the ball to follow the trail. However, if you hit the ball on the left hand side of the ramp it doesnt gain enough height to clear the stuff in front. Perhaps I should simply increase the flipper strength for the Duke shot?

3 weeks later
#921 1 year ago

Found a thumb screw in the bottom of cab. Any ideas as to location? Thanks

20220909_115538 (resized).jpg20220909_115538 (resized).jpg
#923 1 year ago

Bingo. Thank you sir.

1 month later
#1301 1 year ago

How do you get the take a chance multiball? Just keep hammering the captive ball and activating take a chance modes?

#1345 1 year ago

Any way to pump up the power on the slings? Mine keep bouncing back and forth. I've tried juicing the coil strength on one to max and leaving the other but its not enough.

11 months later
#2888 5 months ago

Edit: Looks like all of the fuses that relate to the slings are out. Any idea what might cause that? The parent fuse seems fine. What's the connector for the slings? I reseated the main ones and still nothing.

Edit 2: fixed. Reseated in-cabinet transformer connection which fixed it.

My slingshots stopped firing. Don't work in could test with coin door buttons pressed in. Reseated connectors. Everything else works fine. Any ideas? Thank you!

5 months later
#3113 13 days ago

Any updates on how to fix anemic slings? I have one set high and one set low as a stop-gap measure, but its pretty sad how weak they are. Thanks all

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Little Egg Harbor, NJ
$ 15,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
10,990 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Palm Coast, FL
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
11,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Blanc Township, MI
$ 18.50
Playfield - Decals
Lermods
Decals
Hardware
Pinball Haven
Hardware
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 11,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Pinball Machine
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball
Electronics
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
9,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Buffalo, NY
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball
Armor and blades
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dreadreaper.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/we-are-all-toys-the-jjp-toy-story-4-owners-club?tu=dreadreaper and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.