(Topic ID: 213089)

Up the Irons - Stern Iron Maiden Owners and True Fans Club!

By AlexSMendes

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,877 posts
  • 1,052 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 hours ago by 11strings
  • Topic is favorited by 499 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2012 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2009 (resized).jpeg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-22 om 21.13.47_32ddc1ac (resized).jpg
IMG_7328 (resized).jpeg
IMPINSPRINGFIX03@1 (resized).jpg
IMPINSPRINGFIX02@1 (resized).jpg
IMPINSPRINGFIX01@6 (resized).jpg
20240425_195043 (resized).jpg
image1 (resized).jpeg
image0 (resized).jpeg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-22 om 21.13.46_6debbf1e (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-22 om 21.13.46_dbcfac75 (resized).jpg
Afbeelding van WhatsApp op 2024-04-22 om 21.13.46_b6c829e3 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
SYJ_IMDN-2.0-PremLE-ADV_For-ETSY-Stacked_images (resized).jpg
SYJ_IMDN-2.0-PremLE-INTRO_For-ETSY-Stacked_images (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,877 posts in this topic. You are on page 310 of 318.
#15451 59 days ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Anyone have an Aces High topper for sale, or do we know if they're planning to produce more?

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/172718

D42KtaaW4AA9EVz (resized).jpgD42KtaaW4AA9EVz (resized).jpg
#15452 59 days ago

They are making more in March, supposedly.

#15453 59 days ago
Quoted from 11strings:

They are making more in March, supposedly.

Hopefully the Egypt theme is being released too.

#15454 59 days ago

Lately when I push the right flipper button, I get the sound one hears when striking the orb shot (no prize) and a few points. I can literally just push the right flipper button and collect points with the accompanying orb sound.

Anybody else encounter this anamoly? I assume the orb leaf switch is somehow getting triggered, but I would not expect the simple pushing of a flipper button to be the cause.

#15455 59 days ago
Quoted from gandamack:

Lately when I push the right flipper button, I get the sound one hears when striking the orb shot (no prize) and a few points. I can literally just push the right flipper button and collect points with the accompanying orb sound.
Anybody else encounter this anamoly? I assume the orb leaf switch is somehow getting triggered, but I would not expect the simple pushing of a flipper button to be the cause.

Vibrations. You're going to have to lift playfield and adjust the spoon underneath that captive ball. I swear every two weeks I have to mess with that - either triggering on its own, or I have to really wallop the captive ball to get the bonus/orb reward.

Quoted from Hammer3246:

Hopefully the Egypt theme is being released too.

I'm with you on that. Would look better on my premium than Aces High.

#15456 59 days ago
Quoted from 11strings:

Vibrations. You're going to have to lift playfield and adjust the spoon underneath that captive ball. I swear every two weeks I have to mess with that - either triggering on its own, or I have to really wallop the captive ball to get the bonus/orb reward.

Thanks for the advice. I think what was happening is that the shaker motor was doing its usual vibration at the beginning of a game which would affect the orb leaf switch for the remainder of the game. I turned the shaker iff and the game seems to play normally now (for the time being). I love shaker motors, but I think the shaker in a Maiden machine is like oil and water (due to the extreme sensitivity of those spoon and leaf switches.

#15457 59 days ago

I played pinball in the late 80's and early 90's but then forgot about it for a long time.

In October 2023 I was in Las Vegas with a little bit of time to kill and I stumbled across the Pinball Hall of FamePHOF (resized).jpgPHOF (resized).jpg

The first game I played was an Iron Maiden Pro followed by Metallica, Star Wars and Godzilla.

When I got back from Las Vegas I started playing in a local arcade. After 4 trips to the arcade I wondered if I could rent a machine for my house and ended up renting a Godzilla Premium from Utah Pinball for 2 months (they were great to help me get started into pinball). During this time I discovered Pinside. I decided I wanted to own a NIB machine for my first pin. I started reading this thread in December and just finished every page this week. I knew I wanted an IM NIB before they all disappeared.

This is my gateway pin. Unboxing IM (resized).jpgUnboxing IM (resized).jpg

It was delivered on New Years day and I can't get enough of playing it.

I kept is stock for couple of weeks and then added Cliffy's to it right as the metal orbit protector was starting to curl up. Since then I have added a few more mods all for more playing enjoyment. IM Mods (resized).jpgIM Mods (resized).jpg

I'm very impressed with Pin Monks lenses and fan kits. My longer play sessions are much better trying to get soul shards and hitting bombers in Aces High.

Now I need to get better at playing it. My GC score is only 326 million and I need to start learning some more flipper skills as my play it as it comes strategy will only take me so far.

I have Checo's full color Anubis on order, just waiting for it to come in.

Future mods will be some art blades and a full precision flipper kit with Halo flippers.

#15458 59 days ago
Quoted from AWDSOME:

I played pinball in the late 80's and early 90's but then forgot about it for a long time.
In October 2023 I was in Las Vegas with a little bit of time to kill and I stumbled across the Pinball Hall of Fame[quoted image]
The first game I played was an Iron Maiden Pro followed by Metallica, Star Wars and Godzilla.
When I got back from Las Vegas I started playing in a local arcade. After 4 trips to the arcade I wondered if I could rent a machine for my house and ended up renting a Godzilla Premium from Utah Pinball for 2 months (they were great to help me get started into pinball). During this time I discovered Pinside. I decided I wanted to own a NIB machine for my first pin. I started reading this thread in December and just finished every page this week. I knew I wanted an IM NIB before they all disappeared.
This is my gateway pin. [quoted image]
I kept is stock for couple of weeks and then added Cliffy's to it right as the metal orbit protector was starting to curl up. Since then I have added a few more mods all for more playing enjoyment. [quoted image]
I'm very impressed with Pin Monks lenses and fan kits. My longer play sessions are much better trying to get soul shards and hitting bombers in Aces High.
Now I need to get better at playing it. My GC score is only 326 million and I need to start learning some more flipper skills as my play it as it comes strategy will only take me so far.
Future mods will be some art blades and a full precision flipper kit with Halo flippers.

Welcome to the club and the hobby.

#15459 59 days ago
Quoted from AWDSOME:

In October 2023 I was in Las Vegas with a little bit of time to kill and I stumbled across the Pinball Hall of Fame[quoted image]
I kept is stock for couple of weeks and then added Cliffy's to it right as the metal orbit protector was starting to curl up. Since then I have added a few more mods all for more playing enjoyment. [quoted image]

You picked one hell of a game to get started in owning pinball machines. It still is one of the best Stern's to this this date. Welcome to the club.

#15460 59 days ago
Quoted from jackd104:

Welcome to the club and the hobby.

Totally agreed!

I owned one in the past and let it go to make room for something new coming in. Years later, I played at an arcade and it was a reminder of how special the game is.

A few weeks later, I had an LE, and it ain't going anywhere!

#15461 58 days ago
Quoted from 6point5:

Totally agreed!
I owned one in the past and let it go to make room for something new coming in. Years later, I played at an arcade and it was a reminder of how special the game is.
A few weeks later, I had an LE, and it ain't going anywhere!

recognizable. I had it for 2 months and then GnR came out and i wanted that like no tomorrow. That one ain't ever leaving after what happened with that game but Maiden LE is coming back in a few months and it will be bolted right next to my GnR.

#15462 58 days ago
Quoted from AWDSOME:

Welcome to the party. I'll recommend looking into the pinstadiums, or making your own if you're handy like that. I can't imagine this game without them. I do play the game in a darkened room...

#15463 58 days ago
Quoted from gandamack:

As mentioned, get savvy with adjusting that spoon position and leaf switch under the newton ball. Once you figure out the things to look for and fix/adjust, it can stay stable for a while in my experience. The "needle" coming loose is the first easy fix, get a small dab of blue loctite on it. (small dab, just enough to hold it) In order to service the bits above eventually, you'll need to remove the needle.

#15464 58 days ago
Quoted from STVPIN:

Welcome to the party. I'll recommend looking into the pinstadiums, or making your own if you're handy like that. I can't imagine this game without them. I do play the game in a darkened room...

I'll have to see if I can find some before and after pictures with the pinstadiums. Thanks for the suggestion

#15465 58 days ago
Quoted from AWDSOME:

I'll have to see if I can find some before and after pictures with the pinstadiums. Thanks for the suggestion

There are lots of still images of the with/without comparison out there.. but it's more about what's happening live, not just the still lighting effect. Strobing, flashing, color casting, etc along with the game, enhancing greatly the games own lightshow.

#15466 57 days ago

I sold my Gus mummy mod, and I'm trying to put the stock one back together.

Looks like the previous owner left out some parts

I only have two screws that were needed on the Gus mod, and also, I believe I'm missing black spacers between these two plastics.

Can anyone confirm?

PXL_20240302_220634971 (resized).jpgPXL_20240302_220634971 (resized).jpg
#15467 57 days ago
Quoted from 6point5:

I only have two screws that were needed on the Gus mod, and also, I believe I'm missing black spacers between these two plastics.
Can anyone confirm?

IMG_3486 (resized).jpegIMG_3486 (resized).jpeg
#15468 57 days ago

Hey, what do you guys think of this bitchin' Powerslave Eddie shooter rod? Buddy did one up for me when I started talking about how he should be making shooter rods. We tested one of his sculpts on my machine for a while to see if the chains and everything would hold up. Even with my kids (5&6) yanking and gnawing on it, the sculpt took it like a champ. Did me up a painted version once we knew.

I'll get more pics once I've got it on the machine but think it looks fantastic!

116558 (1) (resized).jpeg116558 (1) (resized).jpeg

#15469 57 days ago
Quoted from Jagrmaister:

Hey, what do you guys think of this bitchin' Powerslave Eddie shooter rod? Buddy did one up for me when I started talking about how he should be making shooter rods. We tested one of his sculpts on my machine for a while to see if the chains and everything would hold up. Even with my kids (5&6) yanking and gnawing on it, the sculpt took it like a champ. Did me up a painted version once we knew.

I'll get more pics once I've got it on the machine but think it looks fantastic!
[quoted image]

That looks fkn ace!

#15470 57 days ago

When I pull my playfield put, or slide in back in, there is a nasty scraping sound on the left hand side, and now there are a few very noticeable scratch marks, just slightly under the art blades.

I use the cabinet protectors when I am pulling out the playfield, but it doesn't protect below the art blades.

Any idea why it's so tight to the left, and is there anything that can fix this?

Thanks.

#15471 57 days ago

One more thing, should the captive balls be tightened all the way down to the playfield, or raised a bit?

#15472 56 days ago

After owning the game for 9 months, I finally made it to Number of the Beast… I can honestly say that was the best wizard mode I’ve played in pinball, what a rush!

IMG_7979 (resized).jpegIMG_7979 (resized).jpegIMG_7980 (resized).jpegIMG_7980 (resized).jpeg
#15473 56 days ago

Owner since 2018
Have yet to see anything beyond 2mins to midnight.

One day. One day. Lol

Absolutely love this game.
Up the Irons!

#15474 56 days ago
Quoted from AWDSOME:

The pinstadiums made a huge difference on the game. I have mine alternate slowly between blue and yellow as to resemble the live after death tour atmosphere.

#15475 56 days ago
Quoted from Apollo18:

Owner since 2018
Have yet to see anything beyond 2mins to midnight.
One day. One day. Lol
Absolutely love this game.
Up the Irons!

Owned mine since December 2021 and the only time I got all 4 cards lit was at the York show when I had it up for sale. I think it was teasing me to take it back home as I drained trying to activate The Number of the Beast.

Some day indeed ole pointy ears I got your number right here lol

#15476 56 days ago
Quoted from MayDave:

[quoted image]

Jesus this is so ugly. I don't even understand the clear plastic on top. Gus is the hero we need.

#15477 56 days ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

Jesus this is so ugly. I don't even understand the clear plastic on top. Gus is the hero we need.

Agreed, Gus is a must have. I’m not too crazy about the Sphinx with two screws in the middle of his face either. I recently bought Anubis and Clairvoyant from Cheko’s Mods. I’ll start shopping around for a Gus next.

#15478 55 days ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

I don't like any mod that blocks line of site to the ball. Gus is cool, but it breaks this rule for me.

#15479 55 days ago
Quoted from Jagrmaister:

[quoted image]

Looks amazing, if I didn't already have a kickass shooter rod I'd be on this one quick. (twss)

#15480 55 days ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

I don't like any mod that blocks line of site to the ball. Gus is cool, but it breaks this rule for me.

Thank you for mentioning this. I didn't consider that. I will give it some thought.

#15481 55 days ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

Huh? That outer loop that you otherwise have perfect visibility on?

Screenshot_20240304-195211 (resized).pngScreenshot_20240304-195211 (resized).png
#15482 55 days ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

[quoted image]

Where can I find that Trooper figurine? Looks awesome.
Thanks...RKip

#15483 54 days ago

Finally in the club! Any necessary mods/adjustments to get this dialed in?

#15484 54 days ago
Quoted from Jagrmaister:

[quoted image]

Count me in on this. Tell your buddy he should have been making pinball mods years ago. I don’t think he understands the $ he could be making with pieces like this.

#15485 54 days ago
Quoted from Jagrmaister:

Solid resin or 3D printed??

#15486 54 days ago
Quoted from Mancave:

Solid resin or 3D printed??

IMO I'd rather have PLA PLUS or PETG over resin. I've found that resin cracks easier. Those shooter knobs are nice but I'm not a shooter knob guy.

#15487 54 days ago
Quoted from acedanger:

IMO I'd rather have PLA PLUS or PETG over resin. I've found that resin cracks easier. Those shooter knobs are nice but I'm not a shooter knob guy.

I've made MANY shooter rods from solid resin, not the printed type but cast from a silicone mold using a 2 part liquid plastic resin (Urethane) . I've never had 1 crack EVER. In fact the only one i've had reported back to me as damaged was because one guys pitbull chewed the crap out of it
3D printed is way more brittle than a solid cast resin!!

#15488 54 days ago
Quoted from RKip455:

Thanks...RKip

I found one on Ebay. I think it was around $50 new in box. Here's another:

ebay.com link: itm

#15489 54 days ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

[quoted image]

Not the loop, the ball coming out of the backboard and half the time diverting onto the playfield. If it were a lock every time, then fine, but it doesn't. It's a small thing, but still. Not related to this particular mod, but I also don't like mods that block a light. I've removed mods that blocked line of sight to flashers and inserts.

#15490 54 days ago
Quoted from Mancave:

I've made MANY shooter rods from solid resin, not the printed type but cast from a silicone mold using a 2 part liquid plastic resin (Urethane) . I've never had 1 crack EVER. In fact the only one i've had reported back to me as damaged was because one guys pitbull chewed the crap out of it
3D printed is way more brittle than a solid cast resin!!

Congrats I'm sure it is!! All I know is that I printed the Archway in resin it cracked & shattered like glass in 30 plays FDM PLA plus one lasted 600 plus plays

#15491 54 days ago
Quoted from RKip455:

Thanks...RKip

Just a heads up if you buy one be careful opening they're pretty old & accessories are brittle.

#15492 54 days ago

THE TIME HAS COME! Iron Maiden 'Aces High' Topper by Stern Pinball being made again #hallelujah

iron maiden topper ad flip n out (resized).pngiron maiden topper ad flip n out (resized).png
#15493 54 days ago

I'm having issues with my captive balls registering.

Can someone confirm if the ball should be screwed all the way it to be as close to the pf as possible, or should it be raised a bit?

Also, should the long pointy metal end under the of be screwed all the way in, or screwed out a bit?

Thanks!

#15494 54 days ago

Uncle Gary is going to need an additional $400 for that Aces High Topper this time around.

#15495 54 days ago
Quoted from 6point5:

I'm having issues with my captive balls registering.
Can someone confirm if the ball should be screwed all the way it to be as close to the pf as possible, or should it be raised a bit?
Also, should the long pointy metal end under the of be screwed all the way in, or screwed out a bit?
Thanks!

You want to screw it all the way in, Newton balls work off of a transfer of energy. The looser the call the less energy makes it through.

#15496 54 days ago

One more issue.

There seems to be an issue when the ball goes into the tomb.

When I start Mummy MB, and some other modes, it will spit out an additional ball, so that when I'm down to 2 balls, and one drains, the ball is over and the flippers die.

Also, sometimes when start a mode, there's a ball sitting right behind the captive ball in the tomb, and it takes multiple ball searches to finally have the tomb tip back to release the ball.

Any ideas?

#15497 53 days ago

There is probably an Opto in the sarcophagus that is not working properly. The plug to the opto could have shaken loose as well. I can almost guarantee this is the issue.

#15498 53 days ago

Putting this over aces high plastic.

IMG_6297 (resized).jpegIMG_6297 (resized).jpeg
#15499 53 days ago
Quoted from hiker2099:

There is probably an Opto in the sarcophagus that is not working properly. The plug to the opto could have shaken loose as well. I can almost guarantee this is the issue.

There are switches in there, not optos, and it's been covered many many times in this thread, including the use of a different style switch.

#15500 53 days ago

With game off. Check all connectors are firmly in place and have not come loose.

Then, check the switches. The switch in the sarc May need to be adjusted or maybe even changed out completely. I changed mine at around 1500 games played if I recall correctly.

Quoted from 6point5:

One more issue.
There seems to be an issue when the ball goes into the tomb.
When I start Mummy MB, and some other modes, it will spit out an additional ball, so that when I'm down to 2 balls, and one drains, the ball is over and the flippers die.
Also, sometimes when start a mode, there's a ball sitting right behind the captive ball in the tomb, and it takes multiple ball searches to finally have the tomb tip back to release the ball.
Any ideas?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

8,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Eau Claire, WI
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 18.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 94.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Wanted
$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 55.00
Playfield - Protection
Tucson Pinball

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.50
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 15,877 posts in this topic. You are on page 310 of 318.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/up-the-irons-the-iron-maiden-pinball-official-owners-club/page/310?hl=rkip455 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.