(Topic ID: 213089)

Up the Irons - Stern Iron Maiden Owners and True Fans Club!

By AlexSMendes

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,767 posts
  • 1,049 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 15 hours ago by Oneironaut
  • Topic is favorited by 499 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240413_163843 (resized).jpg
20240413_143449 (resized).jpg
20240412_190431 (resized).jpg
20240412_190452 (resized).jpg
Polish_20240413_140952356 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240408_200534433 (resized).jpg
Ironmaidenshipped (resized).jpg
IMG_20240408_182738510 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240408_200534433 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240408_165233504 (resized).jpg
20240407_164052@4 (resized).jpg
IMG_4951 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4950 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4947 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3621 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3432 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #124 Features matrix between pro, premium, and LE Posted by cletus (6 years ago)

Post #1039 RULES. Iron Maiden Rules provided by Stern (link) Posted by chuckcasey (5 years ago)

Post #2390 Ordering Eddie LE/Prem parts for a Pro (part numbers included) Posted by Mudflaps (5 years ago)

Post #4413 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Loops Optos not registering the ball - mod fix Posted by f3honda4me (4 years ago)

Post #5013 RULES. Iron Maiden Rules Summary Posted by djreddog (4 years ago)

Post #5363 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Loop speed set screw location picture Posted by djreddog (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hammer3246.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8763 2 years ago

Anyone know if there will be another run of toppers?

3 weeks later
#8872 2 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Just heard from distrib that IM production was delayed a bit so probably on the line in August. Though the nice thing is I was able to get a premium when I originally was in line for a Pro. So Im happy about that.

I hope they push out another run of toppers while they're at it.

1 week later
#8923 2 years ago

Anyone know the status on the next run of premiums?

3 weeks later
#9091 2 years ago

I'm told nothing till October. Supply issues.

1 month later
#9318 2 years ago

I'm told nothing till October. Supply issues.

Quoted from MikeSinMD:

What is a good price on a iron maiden premium from the latest run? NIB? Anyone that got one, what did you pay? Thanks. Mike

$7,699.00

1 week later
#9411 2 years ago

Home at last.

IMG_0248 (resized).jpgIMG_0248 (resized).jpg
#9421 2 years ago

Looking for the Egyptian themed topper from Stern, anyone interested in selling?

#9476 2 years ago

All setup! Awesome game!

Had to adjust a leaf switch on the right flipper button and fix the switch in the hidden tomb. There is a plastic spacer (red) that was installed upside down and putting pressure on the tab (blue) for the rollover, not allowing it to always pop back up (the picture is the after repair). So I flipped it and enlarged the hole some, no problems now.

20210923_162603 (resized).jpg20210923_162603 (resized).jpgInked20210924_100626_LIedit (resized).jpgInked20210924_100626_LIedit (resized).jpg

#9536 2 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

where is that topper from and how much?

Tilttopper.com.

3 weeks later
#9772 2 years ago

" It took me a few days but when I realized that the balls were lining up and charging like the front lines for trooper multiball my eyes lit up."

I love this start to the multiball, bums me out when a ball doesn't make it in there.

1 month later
#10363 2 years ago

Mine clears the flipper no problem, getting the ball to go around consistently is the issue. Sucks when Trooper Multiball starts and balls are rolling around instead of single file like good soldiers.

1 month later
#10571 2 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

There is no spoon!
-the matrix
man, these pre/le issues are a pain. For me the pro it has been nothing but a blast.
Some games are pros some are premium, this one is certainly a pro -and I typically always try to go premium-
For those new buyers out there… go pro if you buy this game!

Huh???? I have very minor problems with my pre. Fuck the pro!!!

#10604 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:So, it seems like Stern made a running change to both the Pro and Premium parts when they re-ran Iron Maiden in 2021. It's made the 3D Anubis not work as packaged. The Pro is easy to get around - it just needs longer screws from the back side instead of the M-F standoff I have included since the game's release.
However, the Prem is a problem. They moved the bracket about 3mm forward so the ears and head can't get under the cabinet support at the top of the playfield. I can fix the model, but I need someone that has a NEW 2021 version (only) of Iron Maiden Premium willing to test iterations until I can get to a version that will work with the new bracket reality they're using. If someone wants to do it, they'll get a free Anubus 3D model out of it for the tomb. PM me if interested.

My Pre was just from the last run and no issues with my install either.

#10626 2 years ago

nah, sorry.
But it is your money, if you think a ball lock is worth 2K, you are free to spend it how you see fit.

There's a lot more to the Pre than that, have you played one?

#10628 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:Clairvoyant newton ball and underworld scoop hardly constitute "a lot"
I like the premium but prefer the pro art. I do agree that if you are going bang for your buck, Maiden is one of the best pros out there.

You do understand that the different features of the two make for a different style of play regarding mechs that are not present on the Pro? If not, then yeah there is "a lot."

#10636 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

I recommend working on your communication skills. Giving off a tone in a forum post IS impressive though.
Regarding your play style comment, that would be implied in any pro to premium comparison obviously. The only point I was making was there are only 3 physical playfield differences, not "lots"

Thank you.

2 weeks later
#10773 2 years ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

I remember when I had my premium, and noticed issues with the sarcophagus lock mech registering balls... Very frustrating.
But there is a fix.
I recommend doing a forum search on this issue, which will bring about several posts, and also a separate maiden issues thread, on the matter and you will be able to read through those issues and I'm sure they will sound familiar to the experience you're having.
In brief, while there's little things you can do, the ultimate durable fix is going to be loosening the sarcophagus lock mechanism (such that you can access the switches underneath the playfield at the mech) and changing out the two stock micro switches in there to micro roller ball switches (easily obtainable at Marco).
Out of interest, utilizing micro roller ball switches at the sarcophagus mech was how the game was originally designed, but at production they opted on standard stock micro switches at that mech, most likely because it saved them a couple hundred bucks at the end of the production line.
While not occurring on everyone's game, the gist is that those standard micro switches get bent after a period of time in that mech and ultimately don't reliably register. I think it must have to do with something in the dynamics of the moving mechanism, it's resting angle and the weight and motion of the steel balls constantly rolling over them.
Once you change out to the roller ball micro switches, my guess is that the sarcophagus mech problems you have been experiencing will cease to exist.

I changed out to roller switches and have never had the problem again.

1 month later
#11046 2 years ago
Quoted from whoknowsgoi:

Having a problem with the captivate ball and sarcophagus . Now when it opens it doesn’t open all the way and ball doesn’t go in. The captive ball feels loose and is moving around but haven’t found a way to tighten it , any help would be appreciated
[quoted image][quoted image]

Your captive ball assembly has come loose, causing it to get pushed up by the spring on the underside. It's not allowing the lock to open fully. Look at the parts view for it in the manual and you'll see what needs to be done. Get yourself some blue loctight to stop it from happening again.

2 weeks later
#11136 2 years ago

Lol, true, but mine is 99.9 good!
Try adjusting it in your new one.
Lol

I had a little burr in mine. Ever since I filed it down + a little wax. No problems.

1 month later
#11356 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

I am buying a early run game that only currently has mylar installed, no protector. So. I am trying to decide which to install.
Maybe that makes more sense?

Get Cliffy.

#11358 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

Thank You.
It just sticks over top the stock mylar correct?

I'd remove the mylar first, but you could be fine if you make sure it's super clean before applying. It's a pain getting in there.

#11360 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

Do both versions apply with adhesive? What makes the cliffy the better of the two?

Both have adhesive backing. The stern version is stainless steel and as it gets hit it will eventually curl. Cliffs are a flexible carbon fibre look and have a little give. I haven't had any issues since changing out to it.

#11364 1 year ago
Quoted from Sleal16:

wooo! seems it was the shooter lane that had been getting slightly worn that was causing my auto-plungers (then eventually manual as well) to be all jacked up. Put in the shooter lane metal protector and got about 5 games in . went from 0 to 100% on all auto-plunges. Had put in a request for the protectors a month ago, so wasnt really messing around with it much past few weeks.
Now to fix the lamp sockets on the right return ball guide. Thats going to require a bit more testing to see where the issue is since both bulbs flicker and respond to my flipper presses (from the vibrations).

Try just pinching the sockets slightly so the base of the bulb makes better contact. This solved my issue.

1 month later
#11635 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

I think the LE's are for people who really like the theme the most. Like say Stranger Things was one of your favorite shows or Rush was your favorite band, then I would buy an LE.

When it comes to Maiden, I really don't like the artwork on the LE. Premium is the best looking of the three.

4 months later
#12045 1 year ago
Quoted from Days:

just swaped the metal by the vinyl one! Hooo the metal was only glued! I thought it was attached in some other more complex way! hahahaha
Another thing: I will be swapping the standard bumpers by 3 transparent ones, what's the best solution to deal with the led that is inside? cutting the wires under the playfield and connect them again after swapping the bumpers?

That's what I did.

3 months later
#12630 1 year ago
Quoted from dmacy:

It’s getting hung up here when ramp is up sometimes.
[quoted image]

It's most likely the original metal protector causing the problem. Get a Cliffys carbon fibre replacement.

3 months later
#13276 10 months ago
Quoted from hassellcastle:

Why pay $2500 for the Aces High Topper?
They’re going back into production 3rd quarter of this year.
We’re taking preorders for them now with a $100 deposit.
$999.99 plus shipping
Send me a PM if you’d like to order one.

Do they plan on doing the Egyptian themed one too?

#13280 10 months ago
Quoted from hassellcastle:

No plans on the Egyptian Topper or Side Armor.
Only Iron Maiden mods listed are
Aces High Topper
Artblades
Shooter Rod

Bummer

2 weeks later
#13463 9 months ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:Prem showed up finally (at very end of all day window of course). Game playing pretty well out of the box. Had to adjust the shooter lane ball guide (couldn't be bothered to take all the stuff apart to get to bolt so I just shoved it with the butt end of a driver, worked great). The ball targets both feel like shit (spring issues?) when I move them by hand (sticking like described above). But I gameplay they seem better...
Got a cheese multiball when I shot the left ramp as soon as trooper multiball was starting, the ball went into the tomb before it closed. The game seems to have no sensors to detect a ball is sitting back there waiting to go into sarcophagus, is that true?? So you just play the multiball with 1 ball missing and when you drain down you just wait on ball search? Or do I have a bad switch somewhere.
Got most of the mods installed. The wizard mods panels are meh. I doubt they had a pin on hand when they designed them. The colors are off vs the cabinet. Good concept, not great execution. Will probably take them off.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

There is a switch in there, but the ball can hang up. I had to do some modifications to it. It still hangs at times but a good shake sets it free.

1 week later
#13590 9 months ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

This adjustment is definitely the issue to most auto launches not making the loop, however, it is a shitty design to think that one screw is going to hold the position of that lane guide.

Since my initial adjustment I haven't touched mine. If starts to miss its time to clean and wax, fixes it every time.

1 week later
#13672 9 months ago
Quoted from jackd104:

Reed switch worked like a dream. No more hang ups in the tomb trough. Thanks Sonic ![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Nice!! Now how do I go about getting one?

#13723 9 months ago
Quoted from madamyates:

Just received a Premium and am having captive ball lock issues. I have read through the threads and it seems as if replacing the 180-5189-00 switch(es) with a roller switch solves the issue? Is that accurate?

I did this shortly after I purchased it, and have had 0 issues since.

#13761 9 months ago
Quoted from qbass187:

Seen a few folks with their new IMDN Prems showing off their mods so I figured I want to join that party!
Finally got a chance to install most of the mods and add-one I’ve been compiling over the last 7 months while waiting for my IMDN to finally materialize.
For anyone interested, here’s a quick list.
Lockdown button mod
Gouvia Gus mod
Invisiglass
Stern Egypt topper
Stern Art blades
Stern shooter rod
Stern shaker
JBL 810 cabinet speaker w/ 1/2” spacer
5.5 Kenwood speakers w/ adapter plates
Pinball life speaker LED rings
Brite buttons
Pinball Metal side armor & backbox hinges
Tilt ramp decals
Silverball Designs 10pc plastic protectors
Pinnovators PINsub mod
Stumblor power tap
ULEK plexi name badge frame-blue
Pinball life exterior volume mod
R&L playfield switch plates
Mr_Tantrum IC plate sticker mod
Ninja balls
Still waiting on my Cliffys & Titan rubbers to finish it up!
Love this thing!!!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks great!! Awesome game. I'm wondering if you be willing to take some pictures at different angles of the topper? I'm thinking it wouldn't be too hard to replicate judging by what I can see since It doesn't sound like there are any plans to release more and I'd love to have a close replica.

#13763 9 months ago

Awesome thank you!!

2 weeks later
#13959 8 months ago
Quoted from PinballHaven:

Toppers back in stock @$999 and final run announced per Pinball Pro email I just received.

I can't believe they're not doing the Egypt theme.....what a pisser!

#13997 8 months ago

Is there anyone willing to share some pics of the Stern Egypt theme topper? I'm curious how it's layered and I can only find direct front pics on line.

Thanks!

#13999 8 months ago

Awesome, thanks!!!

#14036 8 months ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

Looking for custom apron cards.
I searched here for "apron cards" and found basically nothing.
Searched the IMDN mods thread for the same thing and, again, nothing.
Where are they hiding? Am I using the wrong term? Are they "rules cards" and not apron cards?
I would love to print some off and enliven my apron.

The lenticular cards are cool, I have them on all of mine.

https://pinside.com/pinball/community/pinsiders/ralphwiggum

2 weeks later
#14154 7 months ago
Quoted from AssaultSuit:

My Pro stopped making the transfer to the orbit on auto launch and I foolishly took the guide off and adjusted it again. Worked great until I cleaned the playfield and then it fired directly into the post!
REMINDER TO CLEAN AND WAX!

Whenever I have auto launch issues a clean and wax fixes it everytime.

2 months later
#14789 5 months ago
Quoted from THEFOZ:

What is this? My friend says Eddie’s eye but my brain can’t process it.
[quoted image]

Yeah, its half of his face.

#14817 5 months ago

I'll be 1st in line if the Egypt topper comes out again. Maiden and Star Wars are not leaving my meager lineup and they deserve the best, no matter how shitty the toppers are!

1 week later
#14888 4 months ago
Quoted from schudel5:

Lamps are fine it's the sockets that are flaky. Cheap sockets they use there and at the top of the back panel at the back of the playfield.

I squished my sockets a bit and they've been great ever since.

3 weeks later
#14994 4 months ago
Quoted from tgarrett09:

I have a latest run premium and it’s had every problem in the book.
- Auto plunge/manual plunge issues. Had to do a lot of trial and error and swap in a more powerful plunge coil to eventually get this working near 100%
- Lots of tweaking of the newton balls. Once this was dialed in, it’s been solid at least.
- Switch in the trough behind the backboard was trapping balls. Replaced with an magnetic reed switch and it solved that issue 100%
- Switches in the sarcophagus were not registering all of the time and would cause game breaking issues. Had to pull out the whole mechanism and solder in replacement roller switches (both top and bottom) to make it work 100% of the time.
A lot of this is just poor design by Stern that they never bothered to fix over years of making this game. I finally have it working perfectly (for now) but I’ve had to work on this more than any other Stern I own. If you buy a premium, you will have some combination of these issues.

Quoted from k_kush:

Jun 2023 IM Premium owner here and I've had minimal problems. I did need to tweak the shooter lane guide to get the launch to go around the outer loop 100% of the time, but was pretty easy. Hardest part was removing plastics above it before making the adjustment. Also, the metal pin that connects to the Sarcophagus captive ball, kept coming unscrewed and falling to the bottom of the cabinet, necessitating reattachment and regapping of the leaf switch. This can be a pain, but once set correctly is good to go (unless it get's knocked out again). I ended up using thread lock on the pin to keep it from backing out again. Otherwise, I'm approaching 1000 fun-filled, trouble-free games. The issues above really haven't been that big of a deal and I've learned a lot about tweaking the machine (my first pinball). Goodluck!

I ending up doing all of this to mine (NIB going on 3yrs old now). The only problem that crops up now and then is the auto plunge but that doesn't require adjustment, just a clean/wax of the playfield and its good to go.

#15043 4 months ago
Quoted from PBlank:

I could use some help here… Added some plastic protectors and up by the right ramp when undoing the spotlights this fell off and I can’t tell from where. Could somebody please post a pic of where it goes?
Thanks![quoted image]

Holds the light in.

20231213_163341 (resized).jpg20231213_163341 (resized).jpg
#15052 4 months ago
Quoted from Mancave:

Anyone know where you can buy these globe holder wires?? Got some tower spots on another machine and 1 globe fkn always pops out

I can't imagine they'd be too hard to make.

2 months later
#15453 46 days ago
Quoted from 11strings:

They are making more in March, supposedly.

Hopefully the Egypt theme is being released too.

2 weeks later
#15549 31 days ago
Quoted from cybevenom:

For me it does. Don't get why Stern is not making the Mummy topper as well. Loads of people are looking for it.

AGREED!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 12.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 22.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

8,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fort Lauderdale, FL
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 80.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 55.00
Playfield - Protection
Tucson Pinball

8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
St. Charles, IL
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 40.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hammer3246.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/up-the-irons-the-iron-maiden-pinball-official-owners-club?tu=hammer3246 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.