(Topic ID: 189577)

The official 2018 Golden state pinball festival thread.

By mrgone

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,408 posts
  • 138 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by mrgone
  • Topic is favorited by 54 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6726 (resized).JPG
    IMG_6712 (resized).JPG
    DSC02577 (resized).JPG
    DSC02560 (resized).JPG
    DSC02562 (resized).JPG
    DSC02563 (resized).JPG
    DSC02564 (resized).JPG
    DSC02565 (resized).JPG
    DSC02570 (resized).JPG
    DSC02573 (resized).JPG
    DSCN0920 (resized).JPG
    DSCN0895 (resized).JPG
    DSCN0902 (resized).JPG
    DSCN0903 (resized).JPG
    DSCN0916 (resized).JPG
    DSCN0917 (resized).JPG
    There are 1,408 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 29.
    #851 5 years ago

Yo bicyclenut Dave! Are you there all weekend?

#852 5 years ago

For those of you who were watching the Lou Ferrigno thread (now locked) and waiting for news... He texted me an hour before I was supposed to be there and said he had a family emergency in Santa Monica, and rescheduled for two weeks from now.

#853 5 years ago

Looks like I'm driving up with Kyle, looking forward to seeing my NorCal peoples. If we haven't met and you spot me come say hi.

#854 5 years ago
    Quoted from starbase:

Hope i find someone to help me smoke all this weed I am bringing Oh and I must find time for lots of casual pinball...
    I also hope I am not banned from pinside or the show for this post, and my uncontainable excitement. I keep telling myself its just a pinball show, you don't really need a custom "I am Starbase" t-shirt.
    (too bad I just ordered the shirts, they are so cool)

I’ll be happy to help!

#855 5 years ago

I sense great fun this year at the golden state inaugural.

The stage is setting nicely!

#856 5 years ago

Here us a link to the main page again. Have fun Friday night! See you all there sat and sun.

And all those promises of the sweet green. I heard those!

http://www.goldenstatepinball.org

#857 5 years ago
    Quoted from starbase:

I don't think I have been more excited to meet a bunch of strangers or go to a event in years. Now to remember to pack that deodorant so i don't make a bad impression.
    So dedicated to going I am closing one of my stores on Friday because I could not find coverage. Some people said don't worry you can go next year, to which I say F that noise life is short. Thanks to everyone involved with this or bringing games.

Deodorant? Heck I stopped showering two months ago in preparation!

#858 5 years ago
    Quoted from fireball2:

For those of you who were watching the Lou Ferrigno thread (now locked) and waiting for news... He texted me an hour before I was supposed to be there and said he had a family emergency in Santa Monica, and rescheduled for two weeks from now.

What on earth is this?

#860 5 years ago

Lol!!! I found it before you posted it. That’s a bummer we won’t hear the story until after GSPF (assuming it ever happens)

#861 5 years ago

Topic was flaming!
    Had to pop in and see whats up.
    What i see and read here Ill be missing the best pinball show in years!

#862 5 years ago
    Quoted from fireball2:

Yo cheddar ! Hate to bug you again this close, but Fireball 2 (the game not the person -lol) has been experiencing an intermittent issue I can't seem to track down at this late moment. But I DID manage to get Excalibur up and running to replace it. So could you swap out FB2 for Excalibur?
    And then I had an idea (I know, scary). I looked at the list and there ain't no Genies, and mine plays purty nice. So what if we replaced Expressway with Genie, and I went for a Gottlieb SS run: System 1 Genie, System 80b Excalibur, System 3 Title Fight?
    Whatchu think? Genie's a widebody, but she ain't upstairs like Expressway and FB2, so I win on moving them too.
    Sorry to make you mess with the list so late, but I'm pretty stoked about this idea.

Super stoked that you are bringing an Excalibur, we are gonna have an epic Gottlieb lineup when you drop that next to TX and RW!

#863 5 years ago
    Quoted from starbase:

Hope i find someone to help me smoke all this weed I am bringing

2266943 (resized).jpg2266943 (resized).jpg

#864 5 years ago

Well i guess its too late to edit that out of my post, ty pismo.

Seems I may be popular all of the sudden.

#865 5 years ago
    Quoted from starbase:

Well i guess its too late to edit that out of my post, ty pismo.
    Seems I may be popular all of the sudden.

I'll be the annoying old guy that keeps asking you if you've ever run into Jerry or Bobby.

#866 5 years ago
    Quoted from pinballholder:

we are gonna have an epic Gottlieb lineup

Spirit, Devil's Dare, Eclipse, Excalibur, TX Sector, Genie, Title Fight, Robo-War, Counterforce, Timeline, Black Hole.
    Yeah, Baby.

#867 5 years ago

The only time I’ve been able to play Black Hole has been at shows. Someday I’ll find one for sale on the west coast.

#868 5 years ago

We are at 271 games signed up.
    Cmon pinheads! We can get to 300.

#869 5 years ago

Susi's 4 pins don't seem to be listed?

#870 5 years ago
    Quoted from pinpoor:

Did you sign them up?

#871 5 years ago
    Quoted from pinpoor:

I have them all ready to go to the show.

#872 5 years ago
    Quoted from pinpoor:

sign 'em up!!

#873 5 years ago

I'm really hoping TBL is setup on an end of an aisle or at least with plenty of room around it to watch. Perhaps a camera and monitor setup?

I'll be pretty much parked at TBL and DI as much as possible, unless TJ brings his Kingpin...

#874 5 years ago
    Quoted from fireball2:

Yo bicyclenut Dave! Are you there all weekend

No, I can only make it on Saturday. Otherwise I would be bringing games and volunteering and such.

#875 5 years ago

5 days until SHOWTIME!

#876 5 years ago
    Quoted from mcbPalisade:

What does regular gas run in the Stockton/Lodi area? Thanks

https://www.gasbuddy.com/GasPrices/California/Lodi
    Looks about $3.40 and up per gal

#877 5 years ago

For those visiting from outside California, the rule of thumb is that everything is twice what you're used to. Except rent. That's about 100x what you're used to.

#878 5 years ago

High-ho,High-ho,its off to loo di we go!! We'll play pinball until we fall High-ho,High-ho!! AAAWWWWAAAAAYYYYYYYYY

#879 5 years ago

A reminder about the bbq...

We could use 2 or 3 more pop up shades. Bring them by anytime before 11am on Saturday.

We could use some help in the am setting up pop ups, tables, and chairs. I will be there to start the grills around 11am. I'm running a few errands in the morning.

Please remember, a side dish will usually only serve about 15-20 people, depending on what it is, so please consider bringing one. Costco is only 7 minutes away.

Also, feel free to introduce yourself as you come through the line. I started this bbq 11 years ago to get to know more people in the pinball community. I apologize in advance if we've met but I can't remember your name. It's the curse of being a teacher for 20 years!

#880 5 years ago

jbovenzi will be at the swap meet Saturday morning. Since I’m going to stake out the covered area, my EZ up are available for the BBQ. I will make sure that you guys can set them up when I am selling!

#882 5 years ago

Im in! Been a little absent from this thread compared to the 2015 one but ill be there in full this year! Excited for the friday BBQ, see everyone there

#883 5 years ago

Anyone from Sonoma County planning on heading over to the show? Carpool maybe? Im here visiting family near Santa Rosa & Ukiah for a while.

#884 5 years ago
    Quoted from pinpoor:

I signed them up for you Todd

#885 5 years ago

Friday BBQ???

#886 5 years ago

Less than 1 week left! I guarantee we represent better than those damn apes last time...

B06025F9-BF30-41F5-B38F-720F4A71FF9F (resized).jpegB06025F9-BF30-41F5-B38F-720F4A71FF9F (resized).jpeg

#887 5 years ago
    Quoted from Cheddar:

I signed them up for you

'Member to swap out Expressway and FB2 for Genie and Excalibur for me, please.
    Thank you very much.
    Two machines loaded up, two to go.
    That Excalibur is playing nice!

#888 5 years ago
    Quoted from Cheddar:

I signed them up for you Todd

Thanks Cheddar !

#889 5 years ago
    Quoted from Sparky:

We could use 2 or 3 more pop up shades. Bring them by anytime before 11am on Saturday.
    We could use some help in the am setting up pop ups, tables, and chairs. I will be there to start the grills around 11am. I'm running a few errands in the morning.
    Please remember, a side dish will usually only serve about 15-20 people, depending on what it is, so please consider bringing one. Costco is only 7 minutes away.
    Also, feel free to introduce yourself as you come through the line. I started this bbq 11 years ago to get to know more people in the pinball community. I apologize in advance if we've met but I can't remember your name. It's the curse of being a teacher for 20 years!

I'll bring a pop-up

#890 5 years ago

Yesss! Another Gottlieb Tall One for the line up: Car Hop!

#891 5 years ago

Sparky, I can bring a canopy also. Looks like I won't be bringing Bally Circus or Exhibit Bounty. Circus is not going to game over now after 5th ball and Bounty is too buried to dig out. Which 2 of these 3 should I substitute instead? Data East Slap Shot (not a pinball, but fun hockey arcade game) Bally Skateball (another Greg Freres game) or Williams Time Fantasy?

#892 5 years ago

Skateball! Skateball! Skateball! Please!!!

#893 5 years ago

278 games signed up.
    Cmon pinheads! Let's get those games signed up.

#894 5 years ago
    Quoted from Ronnie1114:

Im in! Been a little absent from this thread compared to the 2015 one but ill be there in full this year! Excited for the friday BBQ, see everyone there

Glad you are going to make it. The BBQ is Saturday at noon. See you there.

#895 5 years ago
    Quoted from fanofpinball:

Sparky, I can bring a canopy also. Looks like I won't be bringing Bally Circus or Exhibit Bounty. Circus is not going to game over now after 5th ball and Bounty is too buried to dig out. Which 2 of these 3 should I substitute instead? Data East Slap Shot (not a pinball, but fun hockey arcade game) Bally Skateball (another Greg Freres game) or Williams Time Fantasy?

Skateball and time fantasy

#896 5 years ago

How early can we bring things over? Both the missus and I have early shifts.

#897 5 years ago

I vote Time Fantasy! Totally underrated. Trippiest theme.

#898 5 years ago
    Quoted from jfesler:

How early can we bring things over? Both the missus and I have early shifts.

Thursday at 9am or Friday at 8am. I plan to be unloaded by 6pm thurs.

#899 5 years ago

I can bring my pop up. I can also bring a side dish from Costco.

Quoted from Sparky:

#900 5 years ago
    Quoted from Sparky:

I'll do better than last year. Like a dope, I brought a bunch of cupcakes, totally forgetting about the amazing cake that comes out during the BBQ. Yeah, I was one of those guys.

This year, I'm bringing chips!

There are 1,408 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 29.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-2018-golden-state-pinball-festival-thread/page/18?hl=screaminsauce and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.