Image 4-6-24 at 11.42?AM (resized).jpeg
IMG_7948 (resized).jpeg
kuiil-have-spoken.gif
200w.gif
gold24 (resized).jpg
counting_coins_02.gif
IMG_1659 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 21,027 posts in this topic. You are on page 252 of 421.
#12551 2 years ago
Quoted from DadofTwins:

Dude, that's awesome. Congratulations! What's the point of making money if you can't enjoy it? What are you looking at buying?

Quoted from Richthofen:

What’s the point of investing and “making money” if you aren’t spending some of it? Enjoy the car, dude.

Thanks! I figured this was going to go in a completely different direction. I max out my 401k and a Roth each year and dabble in stocks, so I figured what the hell. I assumed I'd get the "you're an idiot" for spending it on a depreciating item.

I'm looking at a used Jaguar F-Type S Convertible. I'd like an R, but I have a certain percentage of my holdings I want to keep and the R is about $8-$10k more than the S.

#12552 2 years ago

I bought a new Challenger last year and Caravana will buy it for more than I went out the door.

#12553 2 years ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

I bought a new Challenger last year and Caravana will buy it for more than I went out the door.

Obviously not typical, but my Chevy SS is worth more now than when I bought it too.

#12554 2 years ago

I just bought a new Palisade suv top of the line. I was thinking to get something cheaper and more economical drove some midsize sedans, but decided to spend a bit with the Palisade. I’ve owned a large number of SUVs including a few MDXs but the Hyundai has come a long way, I’m super impressed with the car.

#12555 2 years ago

I can sell my 2010 F-150 for nearly what I paid for it new. The world is whack.

#12556 2 years ago

I can sell my 2012 Toyota Camry for about 1/4 what I paid for it new. Solid car!

#12557 2 years ago

I’m riding the bus until hitif rockets!

#12558 2 years ago

I know we aren't supposed to talk about crypto here, but this is a Stop Loss question, so I suspect it would apply the same to stocks.

I'm trying to setup a Stop Loss for one of my coins and I want to make sure I get it right. I'm just not sure of some of the terminology.

Capture (resized).JPGCapture (resized).JPG

Stop Price - The price at which I want the trade to execute. For example, ETH is at $3,171 and I want to sell if the price drops to $3,075 then the Stop price would be $3,075.

Amount - This would obviously be the amount of ETH I want to sell at that stop price.

Limit Price - What goes here? Is this the lowest price at which I will sell with the slippage? So, something like $3,050? Meaning the trade will only execute when the price hits $3,075 but not below $3,050?

I've read about slippage a little and I think the Limit Price has something to do with that, but I'm not finding a clear answer.

#12559 2 years ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

I know we aren't supposed to talk about crypto here, but this is a Stop Loss question, so I suspect it would apply the same to stocks.
I'm trying to setup a Stop Loss for one of my coins and I want to make sure I get it right. I'm just not sure of some of the terminology.
[quoted image]
Stop Price - The price at which I want the trade to execute. For example, ETH is at $3,171 and I want to sell if the price drops to $3,075 then the Stop price would be $3,075.
Amount - This would obviously be the amount of ETH I want to sell at that stop price.
Limit Price - What goes here? Is this the lowest price at which I will sell with the slippage? So, something like $3,050? Meaning the trade will only execute when the price hits $3,075 but not below $3,050?
I've read about slippage a little and I think the Limit Price has something to do with that, but I'm not finding a clear answer.

Sounds correct to me.

#12560 2 years ago

WTF is going on with PLTR!

#12561 2 years ago

Looks like it’s range bound and has been for awhile.

Are you referring to anything in particular?

#12562 2 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

Looks like it’s range bound and has been for awhile.
Are you referring to anything in particular?

Yeah, It’s been dipping or going sideways for a while now. I looked at the charts and it looks like it will continue going sideways. Not saying is not a great long term hold but damn!

#12563 2 years ago

My average is 26 in PLTR. I only have 500 shares and was looking to dump it so I can invest in other stuff. About 2 weeks or so I had my opportunity to exit when it went above my average for like 2 seconds but I was busy helping my daughters with online school at that moment

#12564 2 years ago

Here’s an interesting take in Uranium stocks

#12565 2 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

My average is 26 in PLTR. I only have 500 shares and was looking to dump it so I can invest in other stuff. About 2 weeks or so I had my opportunity to exit when it went above my average for like 2 seconds but I was busy helping my daughters with online school at that moment

Is there enough meat there to be selling covered calls? That would at least give you something if it’s stuck in a channel.

#12566 2 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

Is there enough meat there to be selling covered calls? That would at least give you something if it’s stuck in a channel.

I’m thinking about selling 5 calls to offset some of the losses

#12567 2 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Here’s an interesting take in Uranium stocks

It's been going on for a year already. Made a good chunk of change so far, and back in a few days ago. Also 2 words

SILVER SQUEEZE

#12568 2 years ago

TDOC - what happened, it’s going bad

#12569 2 years ago
Quoted from BillP:

Oh damn, just noticed this. I have a sizeable investment in this, so hoping the market is wrong, and Cathie Wood is right.

Anyone invested in CCIV (Lucid)?

Thoughts on this one?

#12570 2 years ago
Quoted from BillP:

Two bad quarters of poor cost control= major punishment.

Buckle up

#12571 2 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Oh damn, just noticed this. I have a sizeable investment in this, so hoping the market is wrong, and Cathie Wood is right.
Anyone invested in CCIV (Lucid)?
Thoughts on this one?

I've been swing trading it, buying around 18-20 selling around 24. I love EVs, but Lucid is overvalued right now, and the potential upcoming "chip shortage" could hurt their startup growth.

#12572 2 years ago

For those that like penny cannabis stocks
Sundial Growers Inc. (SNDL) is a buy up to $0.85

#12573 2 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

Sadly it has done nothing but decline since I bought it in February!

#12574 2 years ago

dumped almost all my miners at a loss except for the gamble on EXK thanks to KornFreak28 sold that one for 10% gain in 4 days - thanks reddit silver guys. I leave you with the bag.

Now I'm sitting on about 80% cash so I need to figure out what to do - wait for a pullback or keep playing the swings.

#12575 2 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

dumped almost all my miners at a loss except for the gamble on EXK thanks to KornFreak28 sold that one for 10% gain in 4 days - thanks reddit silver guys. I leave you with the bag.
Now I'm sitting on about 80% cash so I need to figure out what to do - wait for a pullback or keep playing the swings.

What happened with your other commodity stocks? Pfizer is still doing good for me, up 2.5% today, earnings statement and dividend cut off date is tomorrow, so it may drop on Wednesday.

#12576 2 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

What happened with your other commodity stocks? Pfizer is still doing good for me, up 2.5% today, earnings statement and dividend cut off date is tomorrow, so it may drop on Wednesday.

Still in copper and uranium right now - doing well. Might add steel today. For those in URNM, watch out for resistance at 63. Can't seem to break through that level, so I will have a trigger finger when it gets close.

EDIT- bought 500 of SLX (steel)

#12577 2 years ago
Quoted from Pin-Pilot:

Sadly it has done nothing but decline since I bought it in February!

that's why I said it's only a buy up to $0.85
bought some shares today, going to hold long term

and for you older guys looking for income plays
bought some RiverNorth Flexible Municipal Income Fund II, Inc. (RFMZ)

#12578 2 years ago

Yeah I’m not sure about sndl. Price is attractive now it’s been sliding for quite a while with the odd 10-20% pop here and there.

#12579 2 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

Still in copper and uranium right now - doing well. Might add steel today. For those in URNM, watch out for resistance at 63. Can't seem to break through that level, so I will have a trigger finger when it gets close.
EDIT- bought 500 of SLX (steel)

URNM fast approaching 63, if it breaks through and closes above that - watch out.

#12580 2 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

Glad EXK worked out for ya! SSVFF Is a cheap junior miner that could EXPLODE soon! I’m going to buy 2K worth today. It’s priced at .42 cents right now.

Still got DNN which had a nice jump today.

Another great gamble is NAK. If that mine site gets approved WATCH OUT!

#12581 2 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

Glad to see you give the green light on a penny stock

#12582 2 years ago

Don’t forget about GDX either!

#12583 2 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Don’t forget about GDX either!

Yep - I have a feeling the hedge guys are going to stage a beat down after todays gains. Feel safer on the sidelines with mining right now.

URNM has stalled at 62.49. Debating if I should hang or not. - EDIT - slowing tipping up again at 62.58 - cmon 63.01

#12584 2 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

Yep - I have a feeling the hedge guys are going to stage a beat down after todays gains. Feel safer on the sidelines with mining right now.
URNM has stalled at 62.49. Debating if I should hang or not. - EDIT - slowing tipping up again at 62.58 - cmon 63.01

We are doing the same thing you are doing with the miners except for DNN. We are selling high and buying low for now. Too cloudy still

#12585 2 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Glad to see you give the green light on a penny stock

honestly it's from a newsletter I subscribe to
it's usually pretty good with these picks

#12586 2 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

Yeah I’m not sure about sndl. Price is attractive now it’s been sliding for quite a while with the odd 10-20% pop here and there.

Exactly what price would be attractive for a stock that has missed the last 4 quarters in a row? Better off staying away until they can prove they can run a company.

#12587 2 years ago

Boy it sure feels good to be rid of my ARK fund trio on a day like today. Now if I could just get out of GRWG and my last miner.

Maybe I should play some shorts with ARK

#12588 2 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

Exactly what price would be attractive for a stock that has missed the last 4 quarters in a row? Better off staying away until they can prove they can run a company.

For sure. If anything expect it to slide even further as it posts another loss next week imo.

Ps. I know nothing about any stocks ever and forever.

#12589 2 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

Boy it sure feels good to be rid of my ARK fund trio on a day like today. Now if I could just get out of GRWG and my last miner.
Maybe I should play some shorts with ARK

One thing I've learned is that when I'm happy to be clear of something, it's normally best to stay that way.

#12590 2 years ago

Ugly market today

#12591 2 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

Ugly market today

Yup, nothing good to say on my end. A lot of fast moving red.

#12592 2 years ago

Almost all red here too. Maybe the worst morning I've had since last March. If it rebounds, great. If not, I'm holding a bunch of cash and ready to dive in heavily if there is a big enough drop.

#12593 2 years ago

mix today for me but down overall
REITs seem to be doing well today

#12594 2 years ago

I'm green except grwg. Commodities are holding so far

#12595 2 years ago

The only reason my account shows green today is because my deposit cleared.

I’ll take it!

#12596 2 years ago

Me thinks there is more pain coming. This is just Nasdaq...SP500 must also participate..
I hope you all raised some cash

#12597 2 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Me thinks there is more pain coming. This is just Nasdaq...SP500 must also participate..
I hope you all raised some cash

100% cash in my 4 IRAs, but my brokerage account is bleeding. Down around $10k this week so far. Bought a little PINS and AI yesterday for a swing trade, which are down about 10% each since then.

#12598 2 years ago
Quoted from loneacer:

100% cash in my 4 IRAs, but my brokerage account is bleeding. Down around $10k this week so far. Bought a little PINS and AI yesterday for a swing trade, which are down about 10% each since then.

Well, then you're in a good spot bruv...no one can bat a 1000, you got dry powder ready for the bounce..you did good

#12599 2 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

The only reason my account shows green today is because my deposit cleared.
I’ll take it!

Hahahahahahaha!!!!!

#12600 2 years ago

Alright, time to buy a few things. What do you guys have that is down and expect a rebound?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 18.95
$ 12.95
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 21,027 posts in this topic. You are on page 252 of 421.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stock-market-traders/page/252?hl=tramd and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.