kuiil-have-spoken.gif
200w.gif
gold24 (resized).jpg
counting_coins_02.gif
IMG_1659 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #5101 Roth conversion advice. Posted by iceman44 (3 years ago)

Post #19981 How To Read US Debt Clock Posted by pinnyheadhead (5 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pin-pilot.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4345 3 years ago

The downturn is all my fault. I bought into the market yesterday. Sorry.

#4368 3 years ago

I find it interesting how just a couple weeks ago I remember the horrible unemployment data was just glossed over and did not play into any worries. This week new unemployment numbers are no better yet it is partially the reason given for the pullback. So detached.

#4422 3 years ago

Roll your dice... Which way will the market swing tomorrow?

1 month later
#4670 3 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

True enough. In the case of RKT, wish I bought more yesterday. Might buy more today. It is at 25 bucks pre market, and looks ready to explode. I think this is one to buy.

Lets hope so, I just bought RKT.

#4672 3 years ago
Quoted from loneacer:

I was interested until I saw the market cap is already near 50 billion. I wanted to own it around 20 billion.

In this market I am not sure how anything is justified. AAPL goes up no matter what as do many other stocks. One week it is this, the next week it is the opposite. It feels more like gambling at present. Pick a target and shoot.

3 weeks later
#4773 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I’m in the same spot. Have both and according to my stock app, my account has exploded ; ). They obviously haven’t adjusted the price for the stock! Interesting to see how the market reacts tomorrow.

I am far from knowing diddly about the market but my guess, and it's strictly a guess, is that both do well tomorrow and possibly for a couple days then have a mild correction. In this market anything is possible, You just can't tell from day to day what a stock is going to do.

#4782 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Lol. Yeah I’m overweighted on both PINS!
One PINS pays for the other?
Somebody upgraded V, MA, PYPL and SQ
No brainers long term. Add SE in there

Hey Ice,

I bought some PINS last week at $34.07. It has been on a good up trend for a few days. Can you shed some light on what you think happened at the end of trading today on the stock? It was steadily climbing from about 1:30 to 3:30 the went nuts with heavy volume (much on the sell side) for the last :30 minutes fo trading. Climbed steeply then dropped off.

Any thoughts or insight would be greatly appreciated.

1 week later
#4882 3 years ago

PINS is holding tough. Just won't be knocked down and keeps bouncing back.

#4885 3 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

that one jackass always ruins it for the rest of us

My exact thoughts.

1 month later
#5382 3 years ago

I sold today at $51

SNAP did even better.

#5404 3 years ago

probably would not be a buyer of much until after the election

My thoughts as well.

#5428 3 years ago

PINS is on fire! Big revenue beat!

1 week later
#5535 3 years ago
Quoted from athenspin:

A little off topic but Tesla Tequila just became available on the Tesla website, limit 2 per person. I believe it’s going to be a short run, I picked up a bottle to put on the shelf! I have enough Tesla stock to justify the bottle, just missing the car.

Already sold out!

#5541 3 years ago

I jumped onto PLTR this morning. It is on a tear this morning.

#5544 3 years ago
Quoted from Bospins:

i thought there was going to be a pull back
NOPE

There are many thoughts about the market recently. The norm is no longer the norm. Nothing makes sense.

Not pulling back today...Thats for sure.

#5611 3 years ago

Any one here been trading PLAY (Dave & Busters).

2 weeks later
#5887 3 years ago
Quoted from RojerLockless:

I think I've made more money in the last 10 days than the last 3 months lol.

Has definitely been a crazy couple weeks.

3 weeks later
#6205 3 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

AI Has been on fire. Bought in at 168.75 in the premarket today. Do your own due dilligence.

I jumped in on AI on the 18th at 135.3. Been a very nice ride. Only bought 100 shares though. But I am OK with that.

3 weeks later
#6663 3 years ago

Wow, I don't check this thread for a day and over 4 pages of new posts!

I for one, as many here have said, appreciate iceman44 and his info he posts. It is up to each person to decide what they want to do with their $. My profession is not money management and look to many sources for information where I can gather and make decisions I see fit for my situation. I am just looking to avoid mistakes and make the best decisions I can. It is not difficult to make money in this type of market. Heck, even I made a good chunk. Selling CC and PUT options is the way to go!

Thanks @iceman44.

#6724 3 years ago

You think GME Climbed. Check out AFRM!

#6824 3 years ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

Plus Millions planning to head to the U.S from the south, hoping to get in on the Green card, handouts from Biden. Crazy times ahead... Might be best to just sit on cash in high savings... Gamble 10% on stocks. Wait and see game.

Definitely difficult time to try to decipher how the market is going to react over the next couple months. The market has been on fire since the October pullback. It cannot keep on its current pace. I am still buying stocks short term and selling CC's but ready to move to pullback positions.

#6974 3 years ago

I have been buying Ethereum. Added $1500.00 today when it was down 15%. It goes up, it goes down, but trending up still. Could not sit on the sidelines anymore.

#6980 3 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

Are you following along during the day on WSB? Those guys are nuts! But it's fun energy. Since I figured I was too late for for the GME squeeze, I bought a bunch of BB since that's the next target. I figure if the squeeze hits big and makes a bunch of people rich, as they sell they are going to move it all into BB. I'm primed for that. But still a total gamble that it all executes how people hope it does.

Might even be too late for BB.

#6996 3 years ago

You

Quoted from loren3233:

How exactly does this work? Do you buy Ethereum (ETH-USD) then have to mine? Or purchase this and it fluctuates like any stock, up and down for gain or loss?
Sorry for such a basic question but have I have never understood all the crypto and that has kept me away.

I buy it through coinbase.com. Got a link from another insider and each person gets $10 credit for new person to sign up. I can PM you the link if you decide you are interested and we both get $10. It's not much but it free money.

Let me know

#7053 3 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

That's exactly what it is, it's terrible. I'm using it only to see where 2 million people are all putting their money each week because currently they have enough of an investment army to push a stock's price up significantly.

It paid off for anyone that bought GME!!!

#7419 3 years ago

I bought 100 shares of GME yesterday at $194. sold at $290 this morning.

My big mistake was selling 5000 shares of AMC Monday at $5.00. Made a quick 1K but could made a lot more. Cannot win them all.

Up good on BB though may let this one ride out.

May get back in to AMC if it dips.

#7517 3 years ago

Loving Khamath telling it like it is on CNBC!

#7523 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

When will the social media police step up and ban all these Reddit millennials from discussing stocks! SEC? They have have no idea what to do with these guys.
I think it's F ing hilarious. Wall Street elites are getting their asses handed to them. Score one HUGE WIN for the little guys!

And they should NOT be able to do anything to them. Big Wall Street elites have been doing it for years and getting away with it. Double standards at its finest

#7525 3 years ago

My hero as well!!!!!!!!

#7629 3 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

6 mins left. Does AMC close above 20? Vote! I say over.

YES over and looking for another big jump overnight!

#7633 3 years ago

AMC had good last minute climb. Should be good for tomorrow!

#7737 3 years ago
Quoted from mtp78:

Holding AMC....hedgefund managers manipulate the market everyday on cnbc. Little guys do it now the big wigs are all up in arms..Whitehouse now says they want to look into the manipulation.....what a joke

If they want to look into manipulation, that is great... Start with the ones that have been doing it all along. Big Wigs on Wall street!

#7819 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I was able to buy AMC right now - down $3.5, I bought a little more.

This is great. I can buy more while it is on sale and increase my position and decrease my cost basis!!!

#7820 3 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Now Robinhood restricted NAKD as well! WTF!
[quoted image]

Sad Robinhood has taken this stance. I am glad I do not trade with Robinhood. Got out weeks ago.

#7823 3 years ago

Fidelity

their stock trading platform Action Trader Pro (ATP) is very useful!

#8024 3 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Sorry guys but I have to vent. I'm a new investor, started 2 months ago. Bought some long term stocks (NIO, TESLA and APPLE) which have been doing relatively well for me. I have some speculation stocks as well which had me really exited up until this morning when everything went to shit. I'm so fucking pissed at how Robinhood fucked a lot of people today by not allowing us to buy more stocks and restricting our free will. Those fuckers even erased the stocks from the platform altogether! What happened today is as corrupt as it gets. Total fucking manipulation of the system to help the big corporations and fuck the little guy. How is this even possible is beyond me. A lot of my friends lost a lot of money today, their entire savings to be exact. Fuck Robinhood, I'm GTFO! Sorry guys

Robinhood will be sued over this. You cannot just block stocks from being bought at the wave of a wand. I will be all over the law suit!

#8038 3 years ago

AMC halter once again. WOW Every time it starts to climb it is halted. Just wrong

#8048 3 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

Volume is waaaay down today. It's amazing what locking people out from buying does.

Locking individuals out of buying stock would be counteractive to the business model. Just do not understand how it can be justified and there will be ramifications when individuals loose money because they cannot trade as they have just 1 day ago. "You cannot change the rules of a players game in the 9th inning!"

#8059 3 years ago

This is a knee-jerk reaction by the trading houses. They do not even know when they will let traders trade again on these stocks!!! WTF! They better get their lawyers in line!

#8068 3 years ago
Quoted from gonzo73:

Those of us that have been investing for decades, ignore robinhood, but younger people have to start somewhere.

I have been investing with Fidelity, TD Ameritrade, Charles Schwab, Ameritrade and others since the late 80's. Robinhood is just the latest kid to join the group.

ANY broker that has restricted trading any stock has harmed every trader on EVERY platform that owns or wants to trade these stocks.

#8077 3 years ago

Senator Warren is live on CNBC and making some very good points!

#8091 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Interesting. Have a link to the full clip?

I will see if I can find one.

#8099 3 years ago

These Brokerage firms blocking trades will/need to be held responsible AT ALL COST! PERIOD! this is real bad for millions and millions of individual traders/investors.

#8112 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Interesting. Have a link to the full clip?

Here is a link to the interview. Do not see a video.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/01/28/elizabeth-warren-gamestop-robinhood-market-manipulation.html

#8117 3 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

And why would they lie?

UM, they are not going to admit any wrongdoing!

#8127 3 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

It's up 25% after hours.

As is BB. VERY interesting.

#8130 3 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

Robin Hood just announced letting some limited buying on GME, AMC, etc tomorrow. WTF?

I hope robinhood is put out of business over this and all the traders/investors are made whole!

#8147 3 years ago

Interestingly enough, todays actions by brokers may just boost the buying and selling and volatility. Exactly what they are SAYING they are trying to stop. Their actions are not for the interest of their customers it is solely for the interest of RH.

#8169 3 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

I am buying a couple GME in the a.m. just on principle now.

I think there will be a lot of this. Robinhood and other brokers have awoken the sleeping giant!

People are angry and rightly so. It is not the job of the Broker to tell what to trade and/or not allow you to trade stocks you are holding. Heads will roll on this one.

#8197 3 years ago

I do not understand how RH justifies their blocking of buying "certain" stocks they randomly select. I mean American Airlines was blocked today by RH.. It is only harmful to the traders. Blocking investors from selling only hurts a stock. That is how a stock rises is by demand and investors buying. So if you cannot buy the stock is going to tank! So an investor has to wait until the stock tanks and take a loss on their investments! Criminal! Vlad needs to go to jail for todays actions.

#8199 3 years ago

This guy is doing himself no favors.

That was the most worthless uninformative interview ever. Still have no clue why they stopped staring on a few select stocks!

#8208 3 years ago

You know when Democrat and Republican politicians start working together over this and agreeing together there is a real problem with what Robinhood and other Brokerages did today.

#8210 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I think as it goes on you will find it is between those with ties to hedge fund companies and those who don't.

Sadly, you are probably correct. They are politicians after all and one of the most corrupt group of individuals in society.

#8222 3 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

Damn even td ameritrade buckled.... So much shady activity....

Yea, several firms jumped in with mid game rule changes. Totally uncalled for and self serving.

I did not hear anything about Fidelity doing any of this nonsense!

#8228 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Wait did Ameritrade just do this too restricting purchase bc of so I'm closing my account. They can go themselves

I would immediately close my account of ANY broker that unilatterally restricted trading in this manner!

It is not the scope of the broker to tell me what, where or when I invest my money.

If you are using margin then they have a say as to who they lend to. I do all my trading in cash.

#8229 3 years ago
Quoted from captainadam_21:

They did. I saw the message when I just logged on. Seems like fidelity is the way to go but I think there's a $2500 minimum to open the account

No minimum required. You can log on right now and open an account without a cent. It is super easy to link an account to transfer $ into the account as well. Just did it for my daughter. Took about 4 days for the cash to settle to start trading.

Screen Shot 2021-01-28 at 6.57.55 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-01-28 at 6.57.55 PM (resized).png
#8238 3 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

How much do they charge per trade?

$0 for stock trades. Options are .65 per option I believe.

#8240 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

and the most f'd up part of all of this? they are going to end up winning this because the brokerages catered to them under the guise of 'we're protecting you'. The only spin on any media platform has been how those bad redditors and rh users tried to manipulate the market and go after those poor hedge companies.
It's not like everyone can walk away from it either. It's practically the only place to put money and the fed and admins have made sure of that. Some of those smart hackers need to prove what is going on behind the scenes.

I bet many will look into moving into Crypto or at least check into it after this. I know I will be more apt to adding to my crypto holdings.

#8244 3 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

A lot of people on WSBs are already into Crypto, but it's similarly as volatile. Bitcoin has gone up 10% in the last 24 hours, but it can rise or drop that much in a day all the time. I don't think WSBs or meme stocks are going away any time soon, it really depends how this plays out over the next week.

Yes, Crypto is volatile however there are no circuit breakers, no one person or entity controlling it, making rules as they want. I admit I am not a crypto expert but at this point it is looking a lot more attractive after this weeks debacle.

#8335 3 years ago
Quoted from yfz450:

Fidelity locked my positions. Good luck to all. looks like a repeat of yesterday.
We're sorry, Positions information is temporarily unavailable. We know how important access to your position data is, so we're working hard to get this page back up and running. In the interim, you can continue to visit other areas of the site.

That is not good! What securities did they block? Selling? Buying?

#8337 3 years ago

I bought 5 shares of GME this morning @ 374 pre market open. I am rather sure it will climb back up, just as it has this whole week. I feel it will dip heavily like it did yesterday. if it does I may jump in with more shares. But Stranger things have happened. LOL

#8445 3 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

AMC holders, are you still holding, sold or will sell?

I got out of my AMC options this morning. Was up $20k Wednesday but down about $30k yesterday. I got out as soon as the market opened this morning. Got out of BB also pre market. Got a little scary for me yesterday.

#8455 3 years ago

Ah I figured most moved off of RH after the shit they pulled yesterday. I had no problem funding and trading on another platform (fidelity) in a matter of hours.

Good Move. Everyone needs to do this and send RH to the grave!

#8460 3 years ago

RH is still reducing the amount of stocks you can buy. You can only purchase 1 GME stock. That is insane! No reason to even be a customer of RH. Do not use RH. There are many other options for trading out there. RH is done!

#8536 3 years ago

Robinhood screwed up here. They tried to grow too fast and have their own clearing house. This was a big mistake. They got caught over-extended and the RH customers are the ones that ultimately paid for their lack of foresight. It also possibly caused any investor that held any of the stocks that RH froze to loose money.

I closed my account at RH, my girlfriend closed hers, and I know 3 other people that are closing their accounts. If RH cannot provide the service they promised and it affects my $ that is a HUGE problem.

Handling finances for individuals carries a big responsibility and RH failed miserable and is still limiting their customers.

#8538 3 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

Its what happens when an app tries to be a brokerage. Better off finding a brokerage with an app (not my quote)

^^^^^^^^^
that

#8543 3 years ago

I don't think I've ever looked forward to monday before..

trading actively in the market will do that to you.

#8663 3 years ago

Crypto never closes. It is always on the move. Right now it is moving down. Even thought it swings wildly, it is on an upward trend.

#8667 3 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

So if I want to buy crypto, is it just open an account on coinbase and fund it? Just like a stock brokerage? Any significant ID hurdles, or delays for funds to clear?
I tried Kraken a year ago for lite and gave up...could never get through the approvals and it kept crashing.

That is how I did it. I do not know a lot about Crypto. My girlfriend's son has been in it for a few years and adds to it weekly.

I finally decided I need to get into it. Only $3000 so far. Buying on dips.

Still learning a lot about crypto. I figured I would learn while I invest. Not betting the farm on it but do not want to miss out on something growing like it is.

If you decide to do the coinbase I can PM you a link and we each get $10 for the referral.

The setup was very easy.

#8679 3 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

2nd Fidelity attempt. Now it’s asking me this. I just want a regular account to trade stocks.
[quoted image]

Fidelity needs to know where you want your transfer capitol to be deposited into. It is similar to opening a bank account and they ask if you want your money in a savings account or a checking account. It is just a holding spot for your money while you decide what stock to invest in.

#8683 3 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

What’s the difference between the first 2? Both do the same

Simply 2 different mutual funds. same as 2 different stocks. Really does not mater which one you choose. You can move your money into any mutual fund you want when the account is funded.

#8684 3 years ago

Here is a really good explanation on Reddit that details the mechanics behind the GME Squeeze. Very good reading if you are thinking of investing in GME this week.

https://www.reddit.com/r/stocks/comments/l8ere5/insanely_long_intro_to_whats_going_on_for/

#8700 3 years ago

FYI: Spoke with Fidelity this morning. I asked if Fidelity has restricted any buying or selling of stocks like Robinhood or other Brokers have been doing. The rep told me no they have not. I asked specifically regarding cash transactions not margin transactions.

#8925 3 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Mark Cuban doing a AMA on Reddit.
I’m holding GME.

Mark is for the little guy and retail investor. Wallstreet is not on the side of the retail investor. Why should they be? They make money along with the big guy not the retail investor.

As I have said before RH screwed EVERY investor that held any of the stocks they restricted (as did any other broker that installed limitations in trading on select stocks). RH is liable for the mess they created and manipulated the stock because of their actions.

I do not believe RH will be held responsible in the end sadly but something needs to be done to fix this.

#9141 3 years ago

I also sell Covered Calls and Puts.

About 80% of Options expire worthless. Being on the selling side of Options is the place to be. BUT you must sell options on stocks that match the direction you sell Options on and are based on good solid companies.

I use chart trends to determine what stocks to sell options on.

It does take time and energy. I spend most days trading while the market is open.

It is definitely not for people that do not want to monitor your trades closely.

#9249 3 years ago

GME just popped $25 after Robinhood lifts trading restrictions.

Robinhoods restrictions on GME has drastically affected this stock, and the market as a whole, over the last week by their abrupt restrictions on many stocks.

#9253 3 years ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

So what's the play when buying more of something when it is on the way up? For example, I buy Stock X at $10/share. It's now at $20/share, but I'd like to buy more. Do you just buy more, or is one of those, I already own it at a lower price, so I'll just buy something else?

General rule is wait for dips to buy. However if you really love the stock and have reason to believe it will continue its climb and you intend to hold long term there is no harm in buying more.

#9543 3 years ago

Anyone know anything about the Bumble (BMBL) IPO due out soon?

#9549 3 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

Never know....you may have made the smart move. I'm seeing some price forecasts of $3, so I'm going to let it ride. It's getting a lot of press, fundamentals are good, so I set a sell at $3. If it rockets ill go to $5. I only have a small 1000 share position, so I can withstand a dip. I really bought it as a dip into weed stocks and a long term play, but if it gets caught up in the meme hype tomorrow ill grab my profit and go.

I bought 3000 shares Feb 3rd. Decided to buy it when you posted about it I think. (worked out great, thanks). We'll see tomorrow if I made the right decision. I seem to sell the ones that I should not sell and keep the ones I should not keep. LOL

I did buy OGI in Extended Hours. Only 1K shares. fingers crossed

#9653 3 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

HCMC continues its steady climb. Could be a whole penny by next week. 100x more and someone's getting a free pinball machine

It is on a nice steady climb. 1¢ would sure be nice. I am up 85% right now.

#9658 3 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

So close, I got in at 0.00039. Love to sit on this for 2-3 years and have it pop to $5 bucks.

If it goes to $5, I will officially retire. I am in at .0016 and again at .0028

#9680 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Funny how everyone brags about their profits, but never seem to hear about losses. Everyone can't be making money on every trade

Oh, yea, always fun to talk about your "ups". I think we all know if you have ever traded stocks you have had bad trades. It is part of stock trading.

The important thing is that you make more good trades than bad.

I have made plenty of bad trades. I bought AMZN at $28 the day it opened. Had I held it to today I would have over 50 Million in the bank. But I actually lost money on the trade.

#9684 3 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

Butterfly effect. Had you not sold AMZN it would have went out of business. That's why one can't go back in time and load up on MSFT stock. Because your buying might change the course of history and make it worthless. Maybe Bill Gates sees your stock trade, gets giddy, has one too many and gets hit by a bus.

You hit the nail on the head! I always forget to consider that effect! I feel a lot better now!

Just like when I buy stock and it goes down, Had I not bought it, it would have gone up just because. LOL

#9708 3 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

On a bit of positive news, I was able to open a Fidelity account today!

I use the APT app from Fidelity. Very useful app.

#9730 3 years ago
Quoted from mike200mph:

Nok, Only stock that mentions good news and still goes down. steady decline

Actually AAPL hit it out of the park and went from over 140 to 133. I bought it at 140.

#9740 3 years ago
Quoted from DadofTwins:

Lots of comments about stock prices dropping after earnings. What I seem to notice with lots of these is that there is a run up in price starting 2 weeks or so before earnings are announced. I look at it as the upside is already priced in and to expect a sell off afterwards. Doesn't hold true for every stock, but I see it happening frequently.

Except GOOG. A buddy bought a call before the GOOG explosion and made 14K on 1 $6000 call. He failed to mention he bought it.

#9948 3 years ago
Quoted from tacshose:

Officially and finally got everything transferred OUT of Robinhood today and shut the account down.

Smart move!

1 week later
#10372 3 years ago

And REDDIT.COM is down. Strange

#10578 3 years ago
Quoted from TRAMD:

Anyone joining in on that?

Well, I bought 80 March 12 $30 strike call contracts this morning at $3.10 then sold them at $3.30. Made a quick $1600. I then had to run out and do some errands. Had I kept them until market close it would have been $80,000. Oh well, there will be more opportunities.

#10587 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

That would have covered my pinball collection. I couldn't handle that kind of swing.

I would have definitely had to buy a pinball machine to celebrate. I am sure I would not have had the guts to hold until close however had I been watching it while it climbed.

#10588 3 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

I sold half my million shares when it crossed .005 a couple weeks ago. The other half I'm letting ride...was in at .0014. It was expected that PM would file a counter suit to dismiss. There is no surprise here. This is a long play into next year. The recent run was great and I'm on free money now, but I'm not expecting the 10x return until at least next year. The current price is right where I initially bought in, so ill probably buy more now.

I have 800,000 shares at .0028. Got in a little late. Thought about selling some when it spiked but did not. It is only $2300.00 so not a huge investment. May buy more in the next few days if it drops to average down.

#10591 3 years ago

I still think wsb gets blamed for more than they cause. I believe it's wall street and they hedge funds causing most the movement and wsb just along for the ride. At least this round
Now SNDL near 4/20 I definitely think they could cause movement.

Would sure be nice for SNDL to take off on 4/20. I know my portfolio needs some up movement in SNDL.

#10597 3 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

What is this 4/20 wave all about?

cannabis culture slang for marijuana and hashish consumption, especially smoking around the time 4:20 p.m., and also refers to cannabis-oriented celebrations that take place annually on April 20

#10648 3 years ago
Quoted from BillP:

Who jumped in on SKT.

I did some Options trades yesterday. Looking to do more today.

Mentioned on CNBC this morning as the next Reddit stock. Higher short holdings.

#10650 3 years ago

When it gets mentioned on cnbc that means the party is over. I expect it to go down now

Down is ok, Buy puts.

1 week later
#11174 3 years ago

Yes, I have been expecting a correction but so far it has not appeared.

I will be ready thought when it happens. Just doing trades with options not really buying any stocks unless there is something that is a super good buy.

#11381 3 years ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

I sold 175 shares at 2.80 like two hours ago. I am seriously the worst stock trader in history. I’m tapping out!!! Hahahaha. If I had waited a mere 60 minutes I would have been way better off. Uuuughhhh

That is usually my luck. Glad to hear I am not alone. lol

#11459 3 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

After getting burned big-time on Options in the '80's, I vowed never again.

Were you Buying calls? I almost always SELL covered calls on stocks I own. You are guaranteed the premium when you sell calls. Yes, you can loose some upside on the stock if the strike is reached but let it go and buy when it pulls back. Win/Win. NOTE: As previously mentioned here you can roll your calls out to a later date if you do not want the stock to be sold at expiration.

I have been playing the big swings on TSLA puts and calls lately. This market is prime for cashing in on options. You just need some nerves of steel and a fast mouse.

Today alone I realized 18K in options trading. It can be done but it is not for everyone.

#11497 3 years ago

Not sure if VUZI was recommended here but I bought it Feb 2. Since, it has gone up 123%. Rare I find a stock like this that goes up this much this fast. hopefully it keeps going.

#11522 3 years ago
Quoted from athenspin:

I’m definitely not all in, but I regularly pick up winners on dips, the bigger the dip the heavier the buys.

Yea, hard to pass up good deals. I have sold several positions that were green to free up cash. I am sitting about 50% cash right now. The correction/ pullback is coming. Just a matter of when. It will happen when you least expect it. There have been a couple days I thought would be the start of the pullback then the next day the market takes off like a rocket.

#11559 3 years ago
Quoted from plowpusher:

Tesla to $4,000 huh thats a PE of 6,431 can I have a glass of whatever shes drinken
[quoted image]

Yea, but it is TESLA stock.

1 week later
#11827 3 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

I’ve pretty much had my fill on all these sales. My portfolio is starting to look like a bad version of a monty python skit.

Agree, I am waiting for better sales before I get back into any good stocks.

2 weeks later
#12118 3 years ago
Quoted from tacshose:

Fuck Robinhood buncha app based bastards. Stick with real brokerage houses.

^^^ THIS ^^^

Robinhood cannot be trusted with my hard earned $!!! They folded under pressure and that is a BAD thing when it comes to other peoples $

2 weeks later
#12573 2 years ago

For those that like penny cannabis stocks
Sundial Growers Inc. (SNDL) is a buy up to $0.85

Sadly it has done nothing but decline since I bought it in February!

1 week later
#12877 2 years ago

AMC has been steadily climbing the last few days. With a 30% jump today.

Seems Reddit may be behind part of it and:

AMC Entertainment Holdings, Inc. Completes 43 Million Share At-The-Market Equity Offering and Raises $428 Million in Additional Equity Capital

3 months later
#14622 2 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

There has been a surge of COVID infections among Los Angeles/Long Beach port workers the last few weeks. The maritime association in charge of training and certifying workers for skilled jobs has dropped the ball. There are not enough skilled workers right now. Even if there were enough workers, there is not enough space on the docks to moor all the ships and cargo. The daily work orders are never close to filled and about a third of the work each day is shorted or “cut”.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Just flew in over Long Beach area enroute to LAX. I counted over 40 ships waiting in the harbor off the long beach coast.

#14625 2 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

It’s the busy season now with Xmas goods starting to come in. The backlog is getting worse. I’m up on the ship as a hatch boss. Basically in charge of loading the ship correctly. I plan on working a double shift Saturday.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Cool pics, Those container ships are amazing!

#14642 2 years ago

That is interesting. Looks like a way for the shorts to get a hold of stock so they can cover their positions in the event it takes off by the meme crowd.

a way to eliminate or lessen the short squeezes!

#14658 2 years ago
Quoted from loneacer:

That was a wild day. I bought some LVS in the morning and sold it in the afternoon. Hoping to get in to LVS and WYNN a bit lower for a longer swing.
I'm back at all time highs for the first time in about 6 weeks, up 15k since the dip on Thursday. And I'm still around 85% cash. I swing trade the other 15% while waiting for the big dip that seems it will never come. It's been something like 9 months since a 5% correction, which is crazy.

I have been waiting since January as well for a good pullback. It just keeps climbing.

1 month later
#15035 2 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

Who's buying DWAC today? Up 89% as we speak!

Looked at that earlier this morning however thought it had already run up a lot. Then it went from 17 to 24! Not getting in now!

#15038 2 years ago

Now DWAC has been halted???

#15047 2 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

DWAC from $10 to $45 for a 357% 1 day gain. Guessing tomorrow is gonna be the ride back down?

Will be interesting... More interesting is after market it got up to $74.4, then finished right around $65.

I would not be surprised to see it jump huge again tomorrow. its politically and meme charged.

#15049 2 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

And it would appear that the reverse merger company managed to ripoff an open source code. (TRUTH App May Violate Terms Of Open Source Code It’s Built On)
This is the sort of thing in and of itself that would cause me to steer clear. Add in the absolute crazy price action, and it is sideline popcorn time.

Definitely not for the faint of heart this stock. I did get in and out a couple times today. Pretty easy money when a stock goes up like this but can also go down just as fast.

I will definitely be watching it tomorrow as I am sure many will be.

#15050 2 years ago

DWAC up 85% from Yesterdays close. I would not be surprised if it goes well above $100 this morning at opening. 24.5 million shares traded before the market has even opened. Crazy times.

#15055 2 years ago
Quoted from Friengineer:

Apparently I need to start logging more time on Reddit. Yeesh

Got to jump on these when opportunity presents itself.

#15057 2 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

Got in on DWAC around $12. Just threw in a few hundred bucks for shits and giggles and set my sell limit to $100 per share. Was surprised this morning when I woke up and no more shares.

It is in fire for sure. Nice job on the 8X gain!

1 week later
#15192 2 years ago

shutting down oil pipeline and stopping local production tends to 1. Create demand and 2. pay more for oil from other countries.

1 week later
#15306 2 years ago

Anyone buy RBLX calls. it jumped BIG time after hours.

1 week later
#15406 2 years ago

I hear ya, PayPal is in a serious dive.

You may want to give AAPL a couple days to pull back before you invest. At least that is my feeling.

3 weeks later
#15632 2 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

Not sure this is true. He nixed a proposed pipeline, but has been issuing drilling permits at a pretty rapid pace, angering the environmental portion of his base.
Excerpt from link:
"Biden administration has issued more permits for oil and gas drilling on public land per month than the Trump administration did in its first three years, according to a new analysis of federal data."

And yet the price of gas has gone up more than $1.50 since he took office.

#15635 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Tell me you know little about gas prices without telling me you know little about gas prices...or even coherent of world surroundings. Some of you must have been on heavy drugs in 2020.

I buy drug stocks, sure. do well with them! thank you.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound

$ 18.95
$ 12.95
$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pin-pilot.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stock-market-traders?tu=pin-pilot and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.