IMG_20190717_220948 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190717_220954 (resized).jpg
AFDBA2A3-9D66-48DF-ABFB-20E949584059 (resized).jpeg
A8A8DCF1-F262-4720-9C7C-7745B927623E (resized).jpeg
F4289DEC-87E3-436A-B7F0-0CB587E5C665 (resized).jpeg
1EFCA4FA-B81B-4A9B-8138-89165106D00A (resized).jpeg
6D282117-CA93-4FB6-B13F-637DE782967B (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #972 Stranger things video Posted by halflip87 (4 years ago)

Post #975 Stranger Things screen shots Posted by Rascal_H (4 years ago)

Post #1751 Feature matrix from Stern. Posted by twenty84 (4 years ago)

Post #1774 Pro features video. Posted by proco (4 years ago)

Post #1775 Trailer with intro from Duffer Bros. Posted by johnnyutah (4 years ago)

Post #1793 First shipping confirmation photo. Posted by Tilt (4 years ago)

Post #1829 Pics of official Stern accessories. Posted by RebelGuitars (4 years ago)

Post #1835 Brian Eddie podcast link on game. Posted by C2CPinball (4 years ago)

Post #3236 Nice game review Posted by delt31 (4 years ago)

Post #3275 This Week In Pinball deep dive. Posted by pin2d (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider KozMckPinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1919 4 years ago

What's the opinion of the plastic return forms? Better light effects than a wire form? Does look a lot like an AFM setup. Can't wait to play the premium!

#1928 4 years ago

The Brian Eddy interview about ST (?) is a Stern insider exclusive?

#1934 4 years ago

Never have seen a Stranger Things episode, just that kid in the Fios commercials. Is it basically one episode that continues on and on like 24, and kind of like a non-episodic X-Files?

#1950 4 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

With the projector I would think you can ad images for years as well as code

Uh Oh. Advertising?

#2096 4 years ago

Stream Link?

#2384 4 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Not sure what the consensus is for the abbreviation of Stranger Things is but ST I am devoting to Star Trek, so I have chosen SRT.

STS

#2387 4 years ago
Quoted from Globalcop:

Nothing happens when you make the demogorgon shot, the ramp simply closes. No exploding castle, no flying saucer flashing lights etc. The ramp just closes. Not rewarding at all.

You haven't seen the projector effects for this yet.

#2388 4 years ago

BTW Whats the action button for?

#2390 4 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

I really don’t get the concern over the projector. Didn’t they say it was basically off the shelf. I just bought my daughter a portable projector and it was half the price of pin stadiums and way more than you would need in a pin.

The projector would have been a great idea on CFTBL.

#2415 4 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

I didn't think Eddy and Stern would be a good match, and the streams supports this. Eddy made great machines with a company that gave him creative control and a good budget. I knew Stern would say, "one cheap toy, Brian." The raising ramp was too expensive so they nerfed the wire forms and raised the price. JJP would have been a better match.
This game will come and go like star wars did. Those who buy it will defend it (it's easy to love a game you own - I love Gladiators), and those who don't will forget about it.
Stern is also back to rushing shipments with abysmal code, a practice I thought they were getting under control.
For all the armchair psychologists pondering why people criticize the game and the company: please define the word "forum" for us, will ya?

It's for ummm....civil discussion.

#2434 4 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Brian: Working on Jaws.
Gawee: ONE cheap toy.
Brian: shark head on spring.
Gawee: cheaper spring. Those metal ones are pricey.
Keep your junk Gawee.

I think on AFM, Brian Eddy stated that the lower playfield was openbecause the saucer was supposed to move/fly around the playfield. Time and cost at that time as well? It should have been technically feasible. In the case of Stranger Things, the projector probably requires an open lower playfield so the beam is not blocked.

#2629 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Looks like a longer throw opto that can detect behind the drop targets so hopefully dirty pool is a possibility.

Is there a gobble hole on the playfield behind the drops? Not sure how dirty pool is even possible here if it's just the demogorgon mouth that's only accessible with the ramp down and is a shot above the playfield level anyway.

#2632 4 years ago
Quoted from PINQUEST:

Seen the term “dirty pool” a lot over the last few days! What’s that mean haha? Besides someone that has a dirty swimming pool.
Thanks!

Dirty pool I think is what can be done on AFM. It has a gobble hole behind the bank of targets. So if you can leave a ball behind the raised bank, hitting the bank will knock it into the gobble hole and circumvent the rules.

#2633 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Dirty pool is possible the same way it is for AFM. Sneak a slow roller back there as the targets reset. If done I multiple times already but no dirty pool is in the code yet. Just sits there until ball search.

Not sure how it can be done without a gobble hole but maybe the opto beam break works the same on Stranger Things to progress?

#2656 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

This will be plastic on the pro and metal on the PreLE.[quoted image]

I wonder if there is a design consideration for the projector underneath it.

#2659 4 years ago
Quoted from Dr-Willy:

I was rewatching the stream a little today cause I didn’t get to pay close attention the other night, but someone asked if their if dirty pool is possible and they all laughed and said they weren’t going to give away everything in the stream and people would have to find out themselves. The way they talked about seemed like it was something that was going to be implemented in the code but isn’t there yet.

In AFM, it was probably inadvertent design. During multiball in AFM, the saucer kills cannot be progressed because the bank/drop targets are up and target hits do not register during multiball. In Medieval Madness the castle progression can happen during multiball play, bridge and gate hits register. However, in AFM, during multiball, a dirty pool shot will kill a saucer. So the question is, why would the scoop register during multiball and not a target hit in AFM? I'd guess design oversight and clever gamesmanship by players who discovered that. Hard to believe that was as-designed behavior and might or might not be there on Stranger Things but in that case, the designers are already aware of the issue. We'll see...

1 week later
#3757 4 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

So I just ordered a Pro model. Will be getting it in about a week and a half. I didn’t order the model with the shaker motor in it. But as an after thought, now I want it. So I see we can buy shaker motors to install in our machines, but I’m not sure wether this machine is SAM or SPIKE. does anyone know which setup this machine is using so I can order the right shaker motor ??

Stern is on SPIKE, I think SPIKE 2, not sure about that part. Maybe they'd do SAM on vault editions I don't know that answer, but certainly not SAM on newly designed machines..

#3760 4 years ago

I have a SPIKE shaker from PinballLife I'd be willing to sell to you, still in the box never touched. PM me if interested.

#3763 4 years ago

deleted

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 22.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Playfield - Decals
PinEffects

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 18.95
$ 30.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 27.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 27.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider KozMckPinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-stranger-things?tu=KozMckPinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.