IMG_20190717_220948 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190717_220954 (resized).jpg
AFDBA2A3-9D66-48DF-ABFB-20E949584059 (resized).jpeg
A8A8DCF1-F262-4720-9C7C-7745B927623E (resized).jpeg
F4289DEC-87E3-436A-B7F0-0CB587E5C665 (resized).jpeg
1EFCA4FA-B81B-4A9B-8138-89165106D00A (resized).jpeg
6D282117-CA93-4FB6-B13F-637DE782967B (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,151 posts in this topic. You are on page 39 of 144.
#1901 2 years ago

Does anyone else think purple speaker surrounds would suit the LE trim better? The purple is a bit dark without being lit, but it still matches better than Black Knight / Elvira / Iron Maiden red surrounds......and they look pretty nice lit up.

If anyone is interested...I can get you a temp link to order them from my website (or list it on here if there is a demand). I don't have any on hand now, so it would take 1 - 3 weeks to get them after they are ordered. I plan on adding these and other popular colors of the speaker surrounds to my website permanently, but I figure I would throw a quick "Add to Cart" button up before then (as I still haven't figured out how I want to list them). They are $22.50 a set + shipping. If they are included with a Speaker Light Kit order...they won't raise the shipping at all.

UPDATE: Here is the link to the purple speaker surrounds:

http://www.speakerlightkits.com/temp.html

Doug (SpeakerLightKits.com)
Purple lights off - resize (resized).jpgPurple lights on - resize (resized).jpg

#1902 2 years ago

Appearing in Gizmodo:Hidden Magnets and a Video Projector Make This the Most Advanced Pinball Machine Yet,
https://gizmodo.com/hidden-magnets-and-a-video-projector-make-this-the-most-1840242884

#1903 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

JP’s animation looks like Crazy Taxi on Dreamcast.

Nothing wrong with Dreamcast; best console ever!!

#1904 2 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

Does anyone else think purple speaker surrounds would suit the LE trim better? The purple is a bit dark without being lit, but it still matches better than Black Knight / Elvira / Iron Maiden red surrounds......and they look pretty nice lit up.
If anyone is interested...I can get you a temp link to order them from my website (or list it on here if there is a demand). I don't have any on hand now, so it would take 1 - 3 weeks to get them after they are ordered. I plan on adding these and other popular colors of the speaker surrounds to my website permanently, but I figure I would throw a quick "Add to Cart" button up before then (as I still haven't figured out how I want to list them). They are $22.50 a set + shipping. If they are included with a Speaker Light Kit order...they won't raise the shipping at all.
Doug (SpeakerLightKits.com)[quoted image][quoted image]

Purple looks great!!

#1905 2 years ago

Can someone explain to me what it means on the Matrix when the pro has 2 things that the Premium and LE doesnt have? I thought it was always the other way around. Or does it mean that there is a better way of doing it on the Premium and the LE? Maybe its a typo?

1. Ball motion activated and sculpted Demogorgon that players can shoot up Hawkins Laboratory Ramp and into its mouth.....
2. Hawkins Laboratory Transforming ramp, leading to direct battle with Demogorgon

Matrix (resized).jpg
#1906 2 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

I think the projector is pretty cool and innovative. If it was up to me I would have kept the projector on the Pro and dropped the LCD..

Another day, another new entry in the Big Book of "If Pinside Ran Stern They'd Be Out of Business in a Month."

#1907 2 years ago
Quoted from Stevemoerke:

Can someone explain to me what it means on the Matrix when the pro has 2 things that the Premium and LE doesnt have?

The premium has the same stuff, but better.

As in the Pro has the demogorgan, the Prem+ has a shaking demogrogan etc
They both have a transsforming ramp, but the pro needs a sticker cause the prem+ is white to use for the projector.

#1908 2 years ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

Nothing wrong with Dreamcast; best console ever!!

I love my Dreamcast. But a 20 year old retro gaming experience is a totally different thing than modern pinball display animation.

#1909 2 years ago

Oh Skies of Arcadia, Dreamcast ruled.

#1910 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I love my Dreamcast. But a 20 year old retro gaming experience is a totally different thing than modern pinball display animation.

Ahhhhhh Good old DC. One date that I will never forget 9-9-99. I used to love me some Shenmue

#1911 2 years ago
Quoted from Stevemoerke:

Can someone explain to me what it means on the Matrix when the pro has 2 things that the Premium and LE doesnt have? I thought it was always the other way around. Or does it mean that there is a better way of doing it on the Premium and the LE? Maybe its a typo?
1. Ball motion activated and sculpted Demogorgon that players can shoot up Hawkins Laboratory Ramp and into its mouth.....
2. Hawkins Laboratory Transforming ramp, leading to direct battle with Demogorgon[quoted image]

1. There’s a motor or coil that moves the monster on the premium. Pro it just gives when the ball hits it.

2. Pro has Hawkins lab on the center mech. Prem is white for the projector.

#1912 2 years ago

Wow.

Blow away by the look of this game. The purple is amazing on the LE!

#1913 2 years ago
Quoted from sohchx:

I used to love me some Shenmue

Do you still feel like that cat owes you something for feeding it all the damn time for nothing in return?
Because I do. Now if you'll excuse me I'm looking for some sailors.

#1914 2 years ago
Quoted from Stevemoerke:

2. Hawkins Laboratory Transforming ramp, leading to direct battle with Demogorgon

"ball motion activated" to me = bobble head (ala Tie Fighter), where on the premium/le it says "power actuated".

Hawkins Lab ramp is the static replacement for the drive in movie screen that the projector uses.

#1915 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Do you still feel like that cat owes you something for feeding it all the damn time for nothing in return?
Because I do. Now if you'll excuse me I'm looking for some sailors.

#1916 2 years ago

Wouldn't it be something if someone beat Stern to the punch with a stream?

Well Whysnow? Get streaming buddy!

#1917 2 years ago

I'd rather watch a home stream for sure.

#1918 2 years ago

What's the deal with the Certificate of Authenticity on the LE's? I don't recall there being any issues with bootleg pinball machines being manufactured.

#1919 2 years ago

What's the opinion of the plastic return forms? Better light effects than a wire form? Does look a lot like an AFM setup. Can't wait to play the premium!

#1920 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Wouldn't it be something if someone beat Stern to the punch with a stream?

That would be shitty if you ask me.

#1921 2 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

What's the opinion of the plastic return ramps? Better light effects than a wire form? Does look a lot like an AFM setup. Can't wait to play the premium!

Making the ramps and returns all plastic is a cost cutting move. The white area for the projector feature could still exist on the plastic ramp itself and then a metal habitrail for the ball return would follow it. The plastic ramp / metal habit rail setup has been done on a number of games including AFM, MM, and STTNG.

Both of the return areas should be a metal habitrail on the premium / LE considering the price and another price increase. There's no excuse but it is what it is.

Untitled (resized).jpg

#1922 2 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

"ball motion activated" to me = bobble head (ala Tie Fighter), where on the premium/le it says "power actuated".

In the two trailers, the movement seems to be quite similar, no?

#1923 2 years ago

I like the jack danger streams. His videos really helped me get into pinball a few years ago.love his tutorials as well. Looking forward to the stream

#1924 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Making the ramps and returns all plastic is a cost cutting move. The white area for the projector feature could still exist on the plastic ramp itself and then a metal habitrail for the ball return would follow it. The plastic ramp / metal habit rail setup has been done on a number of games including AFM, MM, and STTNG.

I wonder if the clear plastic ramps may have a specific purpose to reduce glare from the inserts and projector, in order to keep the light contamination at a lower level. There was no holding back on wireforms with JP2.

#1925 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

That would be shitty if you ask me.

If I just spent 6k x 2 on toys I'd do as I please. If they wanted to be in charge of marketing, they should have already done it before releasing the games.

#1926 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

If I just bought a 6k x 2 on toys I'd do as I please.

And no ones stopping you. I just wouldn’t do it. I respect that jack has worked hard to get these exclusive reveals. I guess it’s just cause I like to stream too. It’s a smaller community than pinball is.

#1927 2 years ago

It's not that exclusive if a regular dude already has one set up at his house. Exclusive would be streaming last week.

#1928 2 years ago

The Brian Eddy interview about ST (?) is a Stern insider exclusive?

#1929 2 years ago

Looks like it. Well they have to give you something for your money...

#1930 2 years ago

Yes

#1931 2 years ago
Quoted from NorCalRealtor:

This is pinball. If you're hung up on graphics go play your PS4.

Pinball in 2020 apparently includes 3d models in an lcd. Check it out

#1932 2 years ago

LE looks fantastic.

#1933 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Another day, another new entry in the Big Book of "If Pinside Ran Stern They'd Be Out of Business in a Month."

It’s f ing comical Crazy!

It’s like you Knick fans thinking you can make a trade for LeBron James for a second round pick!

Fantasy land. Although I realize most pin dorks won’t get the basketball reference

#1934 2 years ago

Never have seen a Stranger Things episode, just that kid in the Fios commercials. Is it basically one episode that continues on and on like 24, and kind of like a non-episodic X-Files?

#1935 2 years ago

Eddy said plastic ramps were just basically cost cutters on the interview to get other stuff in there

Stern just raised pricing on Le’s $100 for first time in quite some time

Put some wire forms in there ffs

Still loving the overall look. Purple rocks

I think Eddy, Mike and Lonnie combo are gonna crush it on this one based on interview. Just my gut feeling.

Eddy used to be a programmer and Mike V. looks like the pinball fanatic passion dude to help bring it to another level.

#1936 2 years ago

Is it basically one episode that continues on and on like 24, and kind of like a non-episodic X-Files?

It's not a "monster of the week" episodic.

#1937 2 years ago

So...lemme get this straight...the 2 coolest features, the magnetic ball lock and the projector are only on the prem/le? Why even make the pro version?

#1938 2 years ago

Never have seen a Stranger Things episode, just that kid in the Fios commercials. Is it basically one episode that continues on and on like 24, and kind of like a non-episodic X-Files?

It is a continuous story line. Think of it like a book with chapters.

#1939 2 years ago
Quoted from dts:

I wonder if the clear plastic ramps may have a specific purpose to reduce glare from the inserts and projector, in order to keep the light contamination at a lower level. There was no holding back on wireforms with JP2.

Look at the video & pics again.

Then answer the question:
How to project images onto a wireform?

#1940 2 years ago
Quoted from Iwasthebruce:

So...lemme get this straight...the 2 coolest features, the magnetic ball lock and the projector are only on the prem/le? Why even make the pro version?

Because it’s cheaper and not everyone cares about those features.

#1941 2 years ago

I think the main feature is still the drop targets, moving ramp, and the bash toy. The pro still has all 3 of those. The projector toy isn't a physical feature and may very well only have minimal code applied to it (hope it does have unique animations per mode). Think of the Ecto Goggles toy from Ghostbusters. Awesome toy! How many animations does it have? Not many. That's typically the story with premium / LE features, there's just not a lot of code created for them.

#1942 2 years ago

Quoted from T3quila:

Looks like it. Well they have to give you something for your money...

You just have to sign up for the free insider thing; there's no money necessary for the podcast.

#1943 2 years ago

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

#1944 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

It's not a "monster of the week" episodic.

Can I put you down for the purple edition Law? You seem awful excited for this one

#1945 2 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

You just have to sign up for the free insider thing; there's no money necessary for the podcast.

Didn't realize that actually. Thank you kind stranger!

#1946 2 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Look at the video & pics again.
Then answer the question:
How to project images onto a wireform?

My thought was on wireform returns, not the entry ramps. But apparently a cost cutting measure as Ice mentioned above. No big deal.

#1947 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Because it’s cheaper and not everyone cares about those features.

I guess that's fair...personal preference, I wouldn't even look twice at a Stern Pro anything. It seems they just make a stripped down version each time....like if you could still buy a car without A/C or power steering.

#1949 2 years ago

With the projector I would think you can ad images for years as well as code

#1950 2 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

With the projector I would think you can ad images for years as well as code

Uh Oh. Advertising?

There are 7,151 posts in this topic. You are on page 39 of 144.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside