IMG_20190717_220948 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190717_220954 (resized).jpg
AFDBA2A3-9D66-48DF-ABFB-20E949584059 (resized).jpeg
A8A8DCF1-F262-4720-9C7C-7745B927623E (resized).jpeg
F4289DEC-87E3-436A-B7F0-0CB587E5C665 (resized).jpeg
1EFCA4FA-B81B-4A9B-8138-89165106D00A (resized).jpeg
6D282117-CA93-4FB6-B13F-637DE782967B (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,154 posts in this topic. You are on page 90 of 144.
#4451 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Stop gaslighting! You’re ruining Earth!
Those are pictures of normal playfields. Modern craters are different than dimples.

Exactly. These games are 25 years old. Stranger Things is less than 1 month. Come on CrazyLevi, you are crazy.

#4452 4 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Exactly. These games are 25 years old. Stranger Things is less than 1 month. Come on CrazyLevi, you are crazy.

Please show me a pic of a 1 month old playfield no good gofers so we can compare.

The point is you are all crazy and wood is wood and all pinball games look like this eventually. You are ruining pinball with this nonsense by corrupting the minds of untold numbers of clueless, impressionable newbies who are obsessed with a complete non issue.

Stop it!

#4453 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Please show me a pic of a 1 month old playfield no good gofers so we can compare.
The point is you are all crazy and wood is wood and all pinball games look like this eventually. You are ruining pinball with this nonsense by corrupting the minds of untold numbers of clueless, impressionable newbies.
Stop it!

Had 13k plays on my GOTG before I sold it, and it looked smooth like the NGG. The Deadpool on location at Holy Frijoles in Baltimore cratered badly when they first got it, and it is as smooth as that NGG a year later after a ton of plays on location.

#4454 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

My NGG had less than 200 plays on it when I bought it. That's an equivalent. Zero craters.

My STTNG was NIB. As I've played it for the past decade, it still looks perfect. Not one crater or dimple for that matter...and that's with cannons shooting balls all over the place.

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

You are ruining pinball with this nonsense by corrupting the minds of untold numbers of clueless, impressionable newbies who are obsessed with a complete non issue.
Stop it!

You stop it. You're ruining people by lying to people, gaslighting, and encouraging them to drop critical thinking skills...to not believe what they see with their own eyes. By dismissing the experiences of people who know the difference between the quality of old & new games. We get it, your way of hobbying is routes and tournaments. You have no stake in the quality of the product...you don't buy games...stop insulting people for having standards for their expensive purchases.

#4455 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

My NGG had less than 200 plays on it when I bought it. That's an equivalent. Zero craters.
My STTNG was NIB. As I've played it for the past decade, it still looks perfect. Not one crater or dimple for that matter...and that's with cannons shooting balls all over the place.
Stop gaslighting people.

Pics please? Not gonna take your crater-obsessed word for it.

You can even take a pic by gaslight to show us how awesome it looked with 200 plays on it.

#4456 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The point is you are all crazy and wood is wood and all pinball games look like this eventually. You are ruining pinball with this nonsense by corrupting the minds of untold numbers of clueless, impressionable newbies who are obsessed with a complete non issue.
Stop it!

No one was even talking about dimpling or cratering, but you brought it up, yet, again. It seems like you want to tell everyone they are wrong in every thread. Maybe you should stop being a broken record. We have hard (well soft) scientific data that clearly shows Sterns newer playfields are softer, so maybe get with the program or keep it to yourself.

#4457 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Pics please? Not gonna take your crater-obsessed word for it.
You can even take a pic by gaslight to show us how awesome it looked with 200 plays on it.

Gaslighting lying troll. Having no interest in liars or tournaments, this is the last time we shall speak. *CLICK*

#4458 4 years ago
Quoted from Lamprey:

Maybe you should stop being a broken record

Maybe everyone should stop. Between the dumpling nonsense, the fact that panzer thinks stern doesn’t code premium/LE features and about ten people saying the projector they’ve never seen will never work, this thread is exhausting. The noise to news ratio is nuts in here. Haha

#4459 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Gaslighting lying troll. Having no interest in liars or tournaments, this is the last time we shall speak. *CLICK*

Yeah like the last 10 times.

Is anybody around here more full of shit than rarehero when it comes to announcing drains and ignores?

#4460 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Between the dumpling nonsense,

My buddy Bo Feng makes the most no-nonsense dumplings I’ve ever had. $10 for 12.

It’s a whole meal! No nonsense!

1FE42D52-0F0A-4F9C-8FF8-907A7E85B21A (resized).jpeg1FE42D52-0F0A-4F9C-8FF8-907A7E85B21A (resized).jpeg

rd

#4461 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

My STTNG was NIB. As I've played it for the past decade, it still looks perfect. Not one crater or dimple for that matter

I find it very hard to believe you never had one dimple on your STTNG. I believe Stern games dimple way more than the B/W games because of today's wood quality and chemicals used to clear games but not even one dimple on your STTNG? We are talking about a steel ball versus a wood surface here. The dimple hysteria is taking the focus away from the real Stern playfield issues of pooling/chipping.

#4462 4 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

I find it very hard to believe you never had one dimple on your STTNG.

ZERO. Maybe it cured more being in storage for 15 years?

#4463 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

ZERO. Maybe it cured more being in storage for 15 years?

Well, wood strengthens as it loses moisture content, and being stored in a box for all those years could have likely made the playfield harden.

#4464 4 years ago

Why is it so hard for people to believe that dimpling is normal?

Equally why is it so hard for people to believe that some playfields were made out out superior hard wood and do dimple way less than cheap junk?

Virtually everything is less well made than it used to be, so why would pinball be any different?

#4465 4 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Equally why is it so hard for people to believe that some playfields were made out out superior hard wood and do dimple way less than cheap junk?
Virtually everything is less well made than it used to be, so why would pinball be any different?

I just don't understand why any of it matters.

My 20 year old routed NGG playfield looks the same as my 10 year old HUO Rolling Stones, and a two-year old Star Wars at a bar nearby looks the same as both of them. And what any of these games allegedly looked like a month out of the box is as unprovable as it is irrelevant, since they all look the same now.

Much as how we all have to face our own mortality, pinball machines are not and never will be free of the surly bonds of aging. It's the tragedy of Human Pincondition.

#4466 4 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Why is it so hard for people to understand that dimpling is normal, but giant craters aren't? They're two different phenomenon, with two different distinct physical outcomes.

#4467 4 years ago

Hear me out. What if the problem isn't the material, clear or overall finish of new playfieds that is causing the dimpling problem. What if...steel pinballs are even harder than they were 30-40 years ago!

tenor (resized).pngtenor (resized).png
#4468 4 years ago

And again another thread turns into the great dimple debate.... my goodness folks can we please just enjoy this wonderful time in our hobby and talk about all the great pins being released ? Seems everyone just wants to find negative things to bring up . I'll start by saying I think the projector will work pretty well in most game rooms especially ones like mine where it's mostly dark with no lighting on at all. I'm very excited to c and try this new feature out and think it will really add to the pinball experience overall.

#4469 4 years ago

Here is some more unedited convention show floor video for ya per some requests.
From the bright convention floor.
The graphic that is being projected when you first hit start is dim (the wall with the letters). Literally all other footage from the projector is bright and sharp. ‍♂️

#4470 4 years ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

Here is some more unedited convention show floor video for ya per some requests.
The graphic that is being projected when you hit start is dim (the wall with the letter). Literally all other footage from the projector is bright and sharp. ‍♂️

Enough with your photographic proof an first hand knowledge. We shall have none of that here.

witch (resized).pngwitch (resized).png
#4471 4 years ago

Hmmm....

#4472 4 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Enough with your photographic proof an first hand knowledge. We shall have none of that here.[quoted image]

Gary turned me into a newt!

#4473 4 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

A newt? o.O

#4474 4 years ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

The graphic that is being projected when you first hit start is dim (the wall with the letters). Literally all other footage from the projector is bright and sharp. ‍♂️

Thanks Jack! I think it looks great and it's only going to be better in game rooms.

#4475 4 years ago

I got better.

#4476 4 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

I got better.

HAH I was worried you would leave me hanging. :p

#4477 4 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

Some call him Ric Flair

#4478 4 years ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

When are you planning on streaming it yourself in a much better (and darker) environment? A lot of us are looking forward to that. Hopefully by then there will be some more code additions as well.

#4479 4 years ago

Additional code update is supposed to drop this week and streaming next week from what i hear.

#4480 4 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

When are you planning on streaming it yourself in a much better (and darker) environment? A lot of us are looking forward to that. Hopefully by then there will be some more code additions as well.

Sounds like that's what they're waiting for - getting some more video in the game so the screen and targets don't show the same clips repetitively.

#4481 4 years ago

Meanwhile... on some tropical beach island.... Lonnie is having a laugh

39807311_s.jpg39807311_s.jpg
#4482 4 years ago

Meanwhile, I'm still loving my STh Pro...Question; is there going to be coding added for the action button? I see a video mode on the mystery screen as a possible outcome; maybe that will be it's use?

#4483 4 years ago

It will be a D&D die. Get to use it during demogorgon modes and if you roll a certain number you kill the demogorgon.

#4484 4 years ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

Thanks for the video!

So....the backglass lcd is now projected, and the lcd just has distracting scrolling scores? Kinda weird. And well....distracting.

#4485 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Thanks for the video!
So....the backglass lcd is now projected, and the lcd just has distracting scrolling scores? Kinda weird. And well....distracting.

Hahaha. No. That video is of the game in attract mode.

#4486 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

It will be a D&D die. Get to use it during demogorgon modes and if you roll a certain number you kill the demogorgon.

Can you earn dice with less sides for the roll to up your odds? Real D&D has lots of different dice with different side counts.

#4487 4 years ago

New code for Pro!

PRO V0.81.0 - January 8, 2019
=====================

- Added Game Pricing and Credits to the attract mode display effects.
- Added logic to force the screen ramp to the lowered position during a
Demogorgon Kill sequence.
- Fixed a bug where the player scores display overlay would temporarily
not be drawn.
- Now Telekinesis Multiball is disallowed from starting whenever a wizard mode
is ready to start, i.e. Total Isolation Multiball(s), Send it Back, Light the Fire
and Final Showdown.
- Added adjustments to change the power to the Left & Right Flipper.
- Reorganized the order of game adjustments.
- Renamed the lockdown bar button adjustments.
- Changed the criteria for when Upside Down HurryUp starts.
- Changed Chapter modes score contribution to bonus.
- Added lamp effects for hitting/killing a Demogorgon.
- Added shaker motor FX for killing a Demogorgon.
- Fixed Lure Dart award lightshows.
- Fixed a display glitch that appears on the first frame of the Follow the Compass
background display effect.
- Improved animation speed of Alphabet Wall letters.
- Fixed Monster Hunting Total text.
- Removed unused audits.
- Updated audit text for Trap'Em.
- Fixed a bug where the Follow the Compass and Lure Dart background display
effects stopped playing overlaid display effects.
- Updated Title Text on the Send it Back Intro display effect.

- Updated to node board firmware v0.55.0
- Added UTIL->VOL Adjustment "SELECT AUDIO FILTER". Values are:
"NONE", "HIGH/LOW SHELF", and "10 BAND EQ". Default value is "HIGH/LOW SHELF".
"NONE": No filtering will be performed on the audio output. Useful when using
the Line Out as input for an external device.
"HIGH/LOW SHELF": A High/Low Shelf Filter is applied to the audio output.
The Bass Frequency can be set to: 125Hz, 250Hz, or Disabled.
The Treble Frequency can be set to: 4KHz, 8KHz, or Disabled.
The Gain can be set to -12dB .. +12dB
On Spike 2 the Shelf Frequency and Gain can be set independently for the
Back Box and Cabinet speakers.
"10 BAND EQ": A full 10 Band EQ is applied to the audio output.
Sliders are used to adjust the Gain of a specific range of frequencies.
The Frequencies are: 31Hz, 62Hz, 125Hz, 250Hz, 500Hz, 1KHz, 2KHz, 4KHz, 8KHz, 16KHz.
The Gain curve has a 60dB dynamic range across the -120 .. +120 Slider settings.
On Spike2 the Gain can be set independently for the Back Box and Cabinet speakers.

#4488 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Hahaha. No. That video is of the game in attract mode.

Phew!!!

#4489 4 years ago

nvm

#4490 4 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Oh yeah man, I have been using one for a few years now. I currently have a RecTec smoker that has an app and I can monitor internal temps with 2x probes and it will send me an alert anywhere I am when the temp is getting close to done. Then I turn the temp down or shut it off wherever I am at.. or in some cases, noticed the cook is taking longer than anticipated, I just turn the temp up right from my phone.
Technology is awesome. Then again, I am a career tech geek which is why I borderline obsess over geeky tech shit like pinball machines and projectors

My toilet is wifi enabled. Sends alerts to my phone everytime someone drops a deuce. Weight, bouyancy, makeup, consistancy. Best app ever!

#4491 4 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

Gary telling the guy don't stream stranger things???

You know what I like a guy who's just honest. He says Stranger Things is his favorite pinball, followed up because he's a salesman. There is no spin doctor there, his favorite game will always be the newest one for sale and he's honest about it. I like that! As him not wanting it streamed, that does speak volumes. Again I said it because I go to these big tradeshows and they have HIGH POWERED lighting. Stern should have thought of that and covered the game. I also said and stand by what I said... I have used tons of short throw projectors it won't last if used daily and the game will probably need to be a located in a medium/soft lighted environment. I doubt VERY SERIOUSLY there is a SINGLE pincade on planet earth with the type of lighting of that convention. So I'd put a wait and see stamp on the projector and if it will work in a NORMAL lighted environment. I said it wouldn't work at a tradeshow and it doesn't but that doesn't mean it won't work at a barcade. You'll have to wait and see! My final prediction based on my experience with projectors it will WORK FINE at your house no need to worry at all! Leave the game on for 10 hours a day 7 days a week and you'll need a new projector within a year.

Quoted from 27dnast:

Stranger Things has a projector. If you don’t like it, don’t buy it.

I agree with you! I give Stern credit they thought outside the box. The problem is they have no experience in this area. Stern has been in business for a long time I'm sure they will stand behind the game if something fails. I'm telling everyone is going to be FINE in a barcade or your house but I would strongly suggest home buyers. But here is the real issue... aside from the projector do you actually LIKE THE GAME? Is the game worth 9200 dollars, do you like the PRO enough to invest nearly $6k? Personally I say no, and when you look at all the chaos about this game, how do you think people will react with their checkbook when you decide to sell the game? This game isn't going to be a highly desired collector game like JJP Pirates, Aliens, or Jurassic Park. So when you buy a new one you go in understanding if you decide to sell you'll take a hit. its really that simple... you want the game or you don't. I bought the game, I don't like the game that much, but I like the theme for my end use (along side a bunch of other horror themed pinball games). I won't be re-selling so I don't care how much they go down in value. If you like something just buy otherwise, move onto another topic.

Quoted from 27dnast:

Scanning through some of the posts in this thread is borderline scary. I think quite a few of you need to get a grip on reality. None of this anger and heated discussion is worth it. It’s just so toxic. You’re talking about a pinball machine for crying out loud! Get over it

We totally agree. I made a joke about 'PHOTOSHOP' it was a JOKE and people go nuts. I see people take almost everything so serious. People are allowed to have their own opinion, make a joke, be lighthearted, like a game not like a game. Pinball is a game so have some fun!

#4492 4 years ago

Wouldn't it be cool if this game turned out to be the berries after so many people have shit all over it and Multiballmaniac regretted canceling his LE? That would be hilarious.

#4493 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

My toilet is wifi enabled. Sends alerts to my phone everytime someone drops a deuce. Weight, bouyancy, makeup, consistancy. Best app ever!

Does it keep track of high scores? That would be a huge selling point.

#4494 4 years ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

seeing this allow me to get to my main complaint: I don't need another movie screen.
Give me a great mech instead.

i rather have 4 awesome mechs than 4 playfield screens, for example. This additional screen/projector thing is not pinball.

#4495 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Wouldn't it be cool if this game turned out to be the berries after so many people have shit all over it and Multiballmaniac regretted canceling his LE? That would be hilarious.

I reordered

#4496 4 years ago

Interesting

#4497 4 years ago

Kidding. Premium maybe. Waiting to see if Who-Dey gets his two tickets for his two playfields that have issues resolved. Been 6 months so far.

#4498 4 years ago
Quoted from DerGoetz:

seeing this allow me to get to my main complaint: I don't need another movie screen.
Give me a great mech instead.
i rather have 4 awesome mechs than 4 playfield screens, for example. This additional screen/projector thing is not pinball.

Ladies and gentleman, exhibit A for why the “innovation” everybody says they clamor for is pointless.

People say they want “innovation” but they have zero idea what that actually means.

#4499 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Ladies and gentleman, exhibit A for why the “innovation” everybody says they clamor for is pointless.
People say they want “innovation” but they have zero idea what that actually means.

where did I ever say I wanted Innovation.

Levi, I drink traditional beer, not the fancy schmancy fish-taco-lager-with-pineapple that you suspect I prefer

#4500 4 years ago
Quoted from DerGoetz:

where did I ever say I wanted Innovation.
Levi, I drink traditional beer, not the fancy schmancy fish-taco-lager-with-pineapple that you suspect I prefer

Sum bitch!!!

Everybody knows I drink straight bourbon. Ask iceman what I like!

Beer is for the weak!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 20.00
Electronics
Gameroom Mods
Electronics
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Trade
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep
Under cabinet
15,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Cruz, CA
$ 27.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 65.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Machine - For Sale
Covington, GA
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
Displays
Retrocity
Displays
$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com
Protection
4,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fishers, IN
$ 39.00
$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply
Decals
There are 7,154 posts in this topic. You are on page 90 of 144.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-stranger-things/page/90 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.