B79FE22D-D333-43B1-BB88-007E1D6D9EC0_1_201_a (resized).jpeg
786BDDC7-FF68-4737-8EF1-4C19FA258F13 (resized).jpeg
stern (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240306_133535_Facebook (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240306_112422_Stern IC (resized).jpg
IMG_0285 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240303-210941 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

9 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 6,160 posts in this topic. You are on page 121 of 124.
#6001 52 days ago

nah, if the game is in the event then all scores stand.

#6002 52 days ago
Quoted from Geeterman1:

To have fun? Some of you guys are taking this stuff way too serious. It’s pinball.
My only request is I wish I could click down on my state to see the current daily average per game. That would allow me to determine which machine I should play to help the states score.

Great idea as that would be helpful. Maybe the best strategy in any case would be to wait until ball 3 to log in, and only log in if you have a great score.

#6003 51 days ago
Quoted from foozle:

Great idea as that would be helpful. Maybe the best strategy in any case would be to wait until ball 3 to log in, and only log in if you have a great score.

It takes your high score of the day. Any lower scores for that day are replaced.

#6004 51 days ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

nah, if the game is in the event then all scores stand.

The game is not ready for the event.

1.0 code should be minimum requirement.

#6005 51 days ago
Quoted from RA77:

you’re not necessarily wrong, but that would leave out 007, Foo Fighters, Venom, and Jaws. That’s Sterns four newest games. :\

#6006 51 days ago
Quoted from RA77:

Not really. Game has been released and is in arcades and homes. Stern put out the event and the player was good enough to smash out an amazing score. I think it should stand.

If that was a comp night, score would stand.

#6007 51 days ago
Quoted from bwalter:

you’re not necessarily wrong, but that would leave out 007, Foo Fighters, Venom, and Jaws. That’s Sterns four newest games. :\

Good point.

Maybe it's a little unfortunate that this event was launched lacking some attention to detail ?

In saying that it is a good exercise for the platform.

I am impressed with IC reliability and stability thus far.

So well done you IC dev champions.

#6008 51 days ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Not really. Game has been released and is in arcades and homes. Stern put out the event and the player was good enough to smash out an amazing score. I think it should stand.
If that was a comp night, score would stand.

Sorry Con, have to politely disagree.
The way I read it, was an exploit due to a code fail ?

#6009 51 days ago
Quoted from RA77:

I’d like to see anyone else pull off the same execution Eric did.

#6010 51 days ago
Quoted from Rexdeanrds:

It takes your high score of the day. Any lower scores for that day are replaced.

So each score gets added in real time and then anything that beats the initial score just adds the difference and so on?

For example:
Say I’m playing Foo Fighters and my first score is 1,000,000 and my second score is 1,200,000 and third score is 1,400,000. Do each of the additional 200,000 points get added in on top of the original million ?

#6011 51 days ago
Quoted from OutlawTorn304:

So each score gets added in real time and then anything that beats the initial score just adds the difference and so on?
For example:
Say I’m playing Foo Fighters and my first score is 1,000,000 and my second score is 1,200,000 and third score is 1,400,000. Do each of the additional 200,000 points get added in on top of the original million ?

It takes your highest score, and averages that score with the highest score by everyone else in your state. So a new higher score by you just replaces your previous score in the calculation of the state average.

#6012 51 days ago
Quoted from RA77:

All good Richard, it is all in good fun and I ike the discussion. He played the game and is good enough to work out a way to score massive points.. That is what every comp player does. Stern have sorted the scoring imbalance.

There are some amazing players in this hobby. I think it will happen again before the end of the comp!

#6013 51 days ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

All good Richard, it is all in good fun and I ike the discussion. He played the game and is good enough to work out a way to score massive points.. That is what every comp player does. Stern have sorted the scoring imbalance.
There are some amazing players in this hobby. I think it will happen again before the end of the comp!

Yup, all this likely did was piss off Eric so that he now goes and blows up BM66

#6014 51 days ago

Y’all take this shit waaaay too seriously.

This is supposed to be “fun”. Nothing more.

I don’t want to have to exploit an obvious glitch, only present in one of the games, in order to compete in this fun little event. I don’t think most people do either.

It’s like, imagine a basketball game where a player found a glitch that if you ran around the building 10 times and shot from 37 degrees off the free throw line, sunk baskets would glitch the scoreboard and count as 10 point each. Guess what everyone else would have to do to stay competitive?

I own Jaws, but what about people who only own Guardians of the Galaxy? The nearest Jaws to them, could be hundreds of miles away. might as well give up against people like me who can just exploit the glitch all day long.

It takes ALL of the strategy out of competition and simply reduces it to exploiting the same glitch.

Yes, Eric Stone is an absolute unit of a player and my personal favorite to watch, and y’all can argue all you want about IFPA or INDISC or PAPA rules, but the fact is this is Stern’s fun little badge event, and some of you are acting like fucking pee wee league parents about their decision to fix a glitch to keep things fun.

It’s a badge event. Calm the fuck down. It’s like, the fact that it’s adjacent to college basketball brings out losers who make their whole ass identity their state’s college. I’m gonna stop now before this rant gets any more heated.

#6015 51 days ago
Quoted from KingVidiot:

Proceeds to take the conversation extremely seriously.

I joke- I agree with you.

#6016 51 days ago
Quoted from Pinhead_:

Proceeds to take the conversation extremely seriously.
I joke- I agree with you.

About 10 paragraphs in I realized I had become what I hate most on pinside.

#6017 51 days ago
Quoted from dtrimberger:

Yup, all this likely did was piss off Eric so that he now goes and blows up BM66

Hilarious!

#6018 51 days ago
Quoted from KingVidiot:

About 10 paragraphs in I realized I had become what I hate most on pinside.

Admitting it is the first step to recovery

#6019 50 days ago

Anyone seen an issue where IC will randomly log you out mid game?

A friend is having this issue and all other IC games he has do not do this. WiFi signal is fine.

Maybe replace the dongle?

#6020 50 days ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Anyone seen an issue where IC will randomly log you out mid game?
A friend is having this issue and all other IC games he has do not do this. WiFi signal is fine.
Maybe replace the dongle?

Worth a try to swap it with one from a good game.

Otherwise I’d try to reformat the SD card and similar.

#6021 50 days ago

Going to need to get IC added to down detector. Servers seem to be down.

#6022 50 days ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

Going to need to get IC added to down detector. Servers seem to be down.

Same

#6023 50 days ago

Damn…must have been recent since I was playing a bunch of different games all afternoon and 0 lagging.

(Edit 30 minutes later my HOH score just posted on a game I just played)

#6024 49 days ago
Quoted from KingVidiot:

This is supposed to be “fun”. Nothing more.
I don’t want to have to exploit an obvious glitch, only present in one of the games, in order to compete in this fun little event. I don’t think most people do either.
It’s like, imagine a basketball game where a player found a glitch that if you ran around the building 10 times and shot from 37 degrees off the free throw line, sunk baskets would glitch the scoreboard and count as 10 point each. Guess what everyone else would have to do to stay competitive?
I own Jaws, but what about people who only own Guardians of the Galaxy? The nearest Jaws to them, could be hundreds of miles away. might as well give up against people like me who can just exploit the glitch all day long.
It takes ALL of the strategy out of competition and simply reduces it to exploiting the same glitch.
Yes, Eric Stone is an absolute unit of a player and my personal favorite to watch, and y’all can argue all you want about IFPA or INDISC or PAPA rules, but the fact is this is Stern’s fun little badge event, and some of you are acting like fucking pee wee league parents about their decision to fix a glitch to keep things fun.
It’s a badge event. Calm the fuck down. It’s like, the fact that it’s adjacent to college basketball brings out losers who make their whole ass identity their state’s college. I’m gonna stop now before this rant gets any more heated.

This is the first event that's been slated as a competition. In fact competition is the driving force behind the whole event. Otherwise it would be just another log in for badges on X day or score X points challenge. And with the nature of competition driven things there will be people that take it 100% seriously and try their best - That's essentially the nature of every tournament player; which is why they compete. And Others will play rec league basketball just for fun and not care at all. It should accommodate both ideally.

#6025 49 days ago

I'm sure I've seen in the past in the insider app a full list of scores for each machine but I can't find it? Did I dream it?

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#6026 49 days ago

Go to your profile icon on bottom right, then to the stats section

#6027 49 days ago
Quoted from EtzEtz:

Go to your profile icon on bottom right, then to the stats section

Thanks but as far as I can see that only shows high scores? I'm sure there's a list, maybe its last 10 games played or something like that?

#6028 49 days ago

I think under profile, activity is the closest I recall

It shows each “session”. Like if you play 3 games on a machine, it shows you that you played 3x and the highest score of those 3. If you log out and take a break, and then later play again, it shows that as a separate session.

#6029 49 days ago

It's always Florida isn't it

#6030 49 days ago

Have you guys noticed your connected games have not updated to the time change yet?

#6031 49 days ago

Hawaii back in last place

#6032 49 days ago
Quoted from MacGruber:

Have you guys noticed your connected games have not updated to the time change yet?

Yes I noticed that as well. I thought that I might need to do it manually (I always seem to forget when there's a time change!), but when I checked and saw that the time was controlled by IC, and then saw that the time hadn't changed, I figured something was wrong.

I'll check again tomorrow.

#6033 48 days ago
Quoted from Scotty_K:

Yes I noticed that as well. I thought that I might need to do it manually (I always seem to forget when there's a time change!), but when I checked and saw that the time was controlled by IC, and then saw that the time hadn't changed, I figured something was wrong.
I'll check again tomorrow.

Updated now so I got to play today's game at midnight! 162 day streak!

#6034 48 days ago

I do not understand how the Mach Machine Mania scores are calculated. The week 2 leader right now (3-11-2024 8:37cst) is Georgia with a score average of 194.7 billion. On what game can the average be 200 billion? I've only crossed 1 billion on my Godzilla like 3 times. LOL

#6035 48 days ago
Quoted from Mleiter:

I do not understand how the Mach Machine Mania scores are calculated. The week 2 leader right now (3-11-2024 8:37cst) is Georgia with a score average of 194.7 billion. On what game can the average be 200 billion? I've only crossed 1 billion on my Godzilla like 3 times. LOL

Possible another bugged Jaws score go through or someone blew up B66. Either are totally possible.

#6036 48 days ago

Stern will delete it probably since they deleted something of a lower average.

#6037 48 days ago

Is Batman 66 the highest score potential for Spike 2 games? (I mean sure, you could theoretically play most games endlessly, but B66 seems like the only one where people can get into the trillions with a valid in-game strat)

#6038 48 days ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Is Batman 66 the highest score potential for Spike 2 games? (I mean sure, you could theoretically play most games endlessly, but B66 seems like the only one where people can get into the trillions with a valid in-game strat)

and what about low scoring games like
JAMES BOND 60TH ANNIVERSARY
the beatles

#6039 48 days ago

One last thought for the people who think Stern should allow game exploits in one of these badge events:

- if Stern allows the score, then patches the bug, nobody else can use the exploit for the rest of the completion.

So then what? You advocate leaving bugs in everyone’s machines for a month the sake of this badge tourney? If you want “play it as it lies” rules, play in an actual tournament. Obviously, the rule going forward should be “code complete” games only, but that would eliminate Foo, Jaws, Bond, and Venom, which is dumb too when you take into consideration the reality of how pinball machines are made.

If I’m gonna contribute to these kind of badge games, I want to play the latest machines, so then we’re right back to where Stern landed, which is disallow exploit scores and fix the bug.

#6040 48 days ago
Quoted from Joe_Blasi:

and what about low scoring games like
JAMES BOND 60TH ANNIVERSARY
the beatles

Bond 60th is uniquely low scoring. A game over 50k is very good. Beatles I would compare more to TMNT scoring. A decent score is like 10m.

You can blow up the scoring if you really push your luck on The Beatles. If you don't collect the SJP after doing a mode and finish another mode, a multiplier is applied to the previous uncollected mode SJP. (The mode SJP is the value of the points you scored in the mode that just finished). You can, in theory, have a SJP collect that is 5x mode 1 + 4x mode 2 + 3x mode 3 + 2x mode 4 + 1xmode 5. That could be worth tens of millions

#6041 48 days ago
Quoted from KingVidiot:

One last thought for the people who think Stern should allow game exploits in one of these badge events:
- if Stern allows the score, then patches the bug, nobody else can use the exploit for the rest of the completion.
So then what? You advocate leaving bugs in everyone’s machines for a month the sake of this badge tourney? If you want “play it as it lies” rules, play in an actual tournament. Obviously, the rule going forward should be “code complete” games only, but that would eliminate Foo, Jaws, Bond, and Venom, which is dumb too when you take into consideration the reality of how pinball machines are made.
If I’m gonna contribute to these kind of badge games, I want to play the latest machines, so then we’re right back to where Stern landed, which is disallow exploit scores and fix the bug.

It would’ve been a non issue anyway since the scores reset each week. But yes, if you patch the bug, the scores achieved with the bug shouldn’t count anymore.

#6042 48 days ago

That's the problem with these challenges. There's always gonna be someone that takes the glass off, stuffs a sock into the drain and just keeps playing the same game until they reach a stupid high score. I wish there was a way to restrict that. I do not see a way though. While I am sure pretty much everyone would never cheat for a meaningless digital badge, all it takes is one duche bag to ruin it for everyone.

#6043 48 days ago
Quoted from Mleiter:

That's the problem with these challenges. There's always gonna be someone that takes the glass off, stuffs a sock into the drain and just keeps playing the same game until they reach a stupid high score. I wish there was a way to restrict that. I do not see a way though. While I am sure pretty much everyone would never cheat for a meaningless digital badge, all it takes is one duche bag to ruin it for everyone.

Well if you do that, the score will just get deleted. And if you do that and get reasonable scores to stay under the radar, well, you’re just an idiot.

#6044 48 days ago
Quoted from Mleiter:

As I understand it, it's the TOTAL of the averages for all insider connected machines. Each day new totals are added to previous day totals.

There is obviously an outlier score in there for Georgia. Not sure if it is legit or not but in the spirit of fun competition I support Stern removing it if it is an exploit (even within the rules). I say this as a resident of Georgia.

#6045 48 days ago

Bottom line is all this is new to stern. I applaud the effort and appreciate stern trying to bring more to pinball. Bound to be some growing pains.

#6046 48 days ago
Quoted from Mleiter:

Looks like the score is legit. On location on a B66

#6047 48 days ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Looks like the score is legit. On location on a B66

The rankings are supposed to be the average of all scores, not a single high score. That means that 200 billion is the average score. There should be scores dramatically higher than that for it the be the average. Maybe one with even a trillion points... Has a trillion-point score known the have been achieved?
stern (resized).jpgstern (resized).jpg

#6048 48 days ago
Quoted from Mleiter:

The rankings are supposed to be the average of all scores, not a single high score. That means that 200 billion is the average score. There should be scores dramatically higher than that for it the be the average. Maybe one with even a trillion points... Has a trillion-point score known the have been achieved?
[quoted image]

There are very few Batman 66's out there with the IC kit and yeah, people can put up multi-trillion point games on Batman 66 with the right strategies.

#6049 48 days ago
Quoted from Mleiter:

[quoted image]

I could see that being the only score recorded on a B66 in Georgia.

#6050 48 days ago
Quoted from Mleiter:

[quoted image]

It depends on how many people in GA have played Batman on Insider Connected. Could be just one score by one person. Or could be the average high score of just a few people.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Chrome Candy

Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 27.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 16.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Space Coast Pinball

$ 320.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 14.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Pimp

$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Brookings, OR
5,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Alexandria, VA
$ 14.95
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 6,160 posts in this topic. You are on page 121 of 124.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-insider-connected/page/121 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.