B79FE22D-D333-43B1-BB88-007E1D6D9EC0_1_201_a (resized).jpeg
786BDDC7-FF68-4737-8EF1-4C19FA258F13 (resized).jpeg
stern (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240306_133535_Facebook (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240306_112422_Stern IC (resized).jpg
IMG_0285 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240303-210941 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

9 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 6,153 posts in this topic. You are on page 98 of 124.
#4851 1 year ago
Quoted from TroyS:

I’m number 2 and vacations is an issue lol. I have been skiing but found a pin in town. Vacation to Texas and went to TPF…..
I dread the day I vacation to an area that has no easy way to get to pins.

My streak will come to an end today. Vacation undid me. Keep up the good fight.
182025B2-F3D9-4286-B318-726E8F672902 (resized).png182025B2-F3D9-4286-B318-726E8F672902 (resized).png

#4852 1 year ago
Quoted from doublestack:

Because it’s never worked right since launch. We just got the daily working properly again, the 7 seems correct as well.

The 28 day always *seemed* like it was working at my other IC location. Of course, there's no way to track it as you can't look up history and the only way to know would be to check at the exact end of the day each day. Boy wouldn't it be nice. If Stern did some things. Really easy ones. Stern.

#4853 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

AFAIK you have to be a location?
Is there any update on home leaderboards or worldwide/country wide leaderboards for home players?

Thanks,

Yeah, still trying to get my head around leaderboard access, not sure why it seems to be so convoluted ?

It would be great to just be able to click on the title at Insider connected and have Home, Country, Site, leaderboards available, that would be so cool.

So far I am really impressed with STiC UI and understand that it is a work in progress.

Thanks Mr Gomez and Team.

#4854 1 year ago

It'd be nice if when a worldwide leaderboard is active for a game, that the game would display the leaderboard during attract mode. Or at least if you have any scores on the leaderboard, display what position they are in, and the list of names/scores from that machine. And during game play it could have the next "target score" and position on the leaderboard displayed down in the corner or something so that you know what you are shooting for to get on the leaderboard, or bump up the list.

#4855 1 year ago

Is insider down?

#4856 1 year ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Is insider down?

Not here

#4858 1 year ago
Quoted from doublestack:

Because it’s never worked right since launch. We just got the daily working properly again, the 7 seems correct as well.

It appears to be daily is day zero, 7 day is days 1 through 8 working backwards in the calendar, and then 28 day is days is days 9 through 37 perhaps.

Horrible programming for a simple count, for sure.

#4859 1 year ago
Quoted from PinballHaven:

It appears to be daily is day zero, 7 day is days 1 through 8 working backwards in the calendar, and then 28 day is days is days 9 through 37 perhaps.

Even support isn't 100% clear.. they think the 28 day wouldn't populate until after the first 28 day period.

#4860 1 year ago
Quoted from PinballHaven:

I think you are correct. Its tough to figure out as we cant go through the data unless we log it ourselves and look at it.

A calendar day 1 monthly reset for the 28 days count would be at least a start, optimal would be letting us set what days the count starts/stops at.

#4861 1 year ago

Is anything known about a potentially existing time limit for logging into an already running game? Like I usually forget to log in before starting a game, but I log in later, e.g. on second ball. On Mando it feels like I can log in until close to my last ball draining, but on AIQ it seems like I cannot log in anymore after the third ball has plunged. So I guess maybe there is a time limit? Does anybody know something about this?

#4862 1 year ago
Quoted from spicekabay:

Is anything known about a potentially existing time limit for logging into an already running game? Like I usually forget to log in before starting a game, but I log in later, e.g. on second ball. On Mando it feels like I can log in until close to my last ball draining, but on AIQ it seems like I cannot log in anymore after the third ball has plunged. So I guess maybe there is a time limit? Does anybody know something about this?

It may differ by code per game, but both my Godzilla and Bond can be logged in any time as long as the last ball hasn't drained, including scanning during gameplay.

#4863 1 year ago

Folks who have owned IC for awhile now, how are you liking it? I've been going back and forth about getting it for a few months and am curious where people see enjoyment value from it long-term (with the current feature set).

#4864 1 year ago
Quoted from spicekabay:

For recent releases, you can login as late as the HSTD initial entry screen. Older releases are up to the end of the last ball.

#4865 1 year ago
Quoted from thelogmancometh:

Folks who have owned IC for awhile now, how are you liking it? I've been going back and forth about getting it for a few months and am curious where people see enjoyment value from it long-term (with the current feature set).

From an operator or home user perspective?

#4866 1 year ago

Not really worth adding to older games, it’s nice to keep track of some goals to shoot for. Maybe a must buy at their next big update.. not missing on a whole lot just yet.

#4867 1 year ago
Quoted from Desmodromic:

From an operator or home user perspective?

From a home use perspective.

@Kneissl, that was kind of my perspective but I wanted to see what angles I might be missing. Biggest value I can see if my wife/kids can have fun tracking their high scores since I tend to hold all the high scores on the machine itself.

#4868 1 year ago

From a home use perspective.
Kneissl, that was kind of my perspective but I wanted to see what angles I might be missing.

Most of our friends and family really enjoy the IC thing, especially those that play pinball more regularly. Casual players really like the achievements aspect and for sure it's a nice way to be able to see their high scores on various games. It's not uncommon for us to have guests sign up for IC once we show them what it's all about.

Biggest value I can see if my wife/kids can have fun tracking their high scores since I tend to hold all the high scores on the machine itself.

Yeah, I think I'm moving toward resetting HSTD on a frequent basis for the enjoyment aspect for my family and guests. When our machines were new, everyone would get super excited about setting a high score. I'll probably leave my GC's and just reset the HSTD more frequently so everybody has a chance to get "on the board." Setting a high score, getting an extra ball, etc. are all great pinball moments and I really like having them more accessible to friends/family as they always get excited.

#4869 1 year ago
Quoted from Desmodromic:

I think I'm moving toward resetting HSTD on a frequent basis for the enjoyment aspect for my family and guests.

Completely agreed. I think I have ours set to reset every 500 games right now but I might bump it down so it resets even more regularly. Maybe I should go do it now...

#4870 1 year ago

I like having the score/play trackers on the website (things like high/avg personal scores). The Percentile measure they added is neat, but I'm not sure I believe that my 840M high score so far on my JP is 100th percentile (that's either a low number of games with IC, or a lot of people without their best games scanned). Achievements are neat too, as are things like tracking daily streaks. As something that came with the game (on my GZ and JP), it's a neat addon. I don't think it's worth the price for the upgrade kits, but I'm also happy with my scanner sharing solution for IM and AIQ, since 95% of the time it's me playing my games using Home Team. Not the easiest thing to share with a whole lot of people, but for home use, it's great.

Code updates online are a nice bonus too. I didn't think I'd care as much, but when they did new code for everything because of the latest IC update, that saved some time for sure.

#4871 1 year ago

Is there a way to adjust the speed that IC switches screens when displaying more than 5 games? It's pretty fast imo.

#4872 1 year ago

As an operator, it has been a big fail.
I don't think any casuals have signed up and stick with it
Even most of the Pinzers that come in rarely use it
It has been plagued by connection issues as well, I sometimes have to restart my router a few times a day
Not worth the 200.00 price tag to retrofit the older machines.
We were hoping it would have features such as in house prom functionality
ie Customer can be provided with a QR to access free game

I feel like not having the APP component really hurt its initial release and the continued absence of it continues the stagnation.

As a lifelong pinball player, I love it.
Tracking scores and achievements has been a blast.
Quality of the badges and goals is top notch.

#4873 1 year ago
Quoted from ChrisBardon:

I'm not sure I believe that my 840M high score so far on my JP is 100th percentile

For reference Pindigo high score on Jurassic Park (Premium) is over 6 billion, Pinside high score is 145 billion https://pinside.com/pinball/machine/jurassic-park-premium/scores

#4874 1 year ago
Quoted from fuzz:

It has been plagued by connection issues as well, I sometimes have to restart my router a few times a day
I feel like not having the APP component really hurt its initial release and the continued absence of it continues the stagnation.

As a player I find myself very frustrated to find machines equipped with the reader and posted on the locations list not working when I try to scan my code. It happens all of the time where the machine is offline. Stern needs to do a better job actually showing the player current status of insider connected machines. Just this past weekend I traveled to another state to play a foo fighters and it was offline.

#4875 1 year ago
Quoted from tgarrett09:

As a player I find myself very frustrated to find machines equipped with the reader and posted on the locations list not working when I try to scan my code. It happens all of the time where the machine is offline. Stern needs to do a better job actually showing the player current status of insider connected machines. Just this past weekend I traveled to another state to play a foo fighters and it was offline.

Has nothing to do with operator or ISP
I recently upgraded routers and still have the same problem
Machines will be connected then go offline
I have to reset routers and machines to get them back online

Oddly enough Godzilla has never had the problem

I feel your frustration

#4876 1 year ago
Quoted from fuzz:

I feel your frustration

All three of my IC games at connected by Ethernet. It's weird but after booting, Rush and Avengers connect MUCH faster than Godzilla. They always connect but GZ is slow for some reason.

#4877 12 months ago
Quoted from fuzz:

Casuals I've seen interact with the IC function scan the promo QR code and expect to be brought to an app to download.

When it brings them to the Stern website it just seems like an advert for Stern Pinball. Once I explain you have to click the small button in the upper right corner to make an acct. They ask "Then what?". There's no "Walkthrough" aspect after signing up. It just brings you to the IC homepage (If you've been persistent enough to get through the 3-4 steps to get there) with no arrow or popup text that says to click the qr code button and then scan it on the scanner.

It seems fairly simple for UI if you're a pinhead and know about IC and are motivated to figure it out. But a casual with next to no intrinsic motivation to go through these steps will probably be confused and give up as soon as an app doesn't pop up right after scanning the promo QR code.

#4878 12 months ago
Quoted from Rexdeanrds:

Casuals I've seen interact with the IC function scan the promo QR code and expect to be brought to an app to download.
When it brings them to the Stern website it just seems like an advert for Stern Pinball. Once I explain you have to click the small button in the upper right corner to make an acct. They ask "Then what?". There's no "Walkthrough" aspect after signing up. It just brings you to the IC homepage (If you've been persistent enough to get through the 3-4 steps to get there) with no arrow or popup text that says to click the qr code button and then scan it on the scanner.
It seems fairly simple for UI if you're a pinhead and know about IC and are motivated to figure it out. But a casual with next to no intrinsic motivation to go through these steps will probably be confused and give up as soon as an app doesn't pop up right after scanning the promo QR code.

Yeah, the website is pretty poorly designed. It looks decent, but user flow kinda sucks on mobile on it. I think it's clear they developed the computer website first, which is better, but it also has its problems (I forget which is which, "Machines" or "Games" every time I want to look up a high score, recent activity is non-intuitively my profile, not locations, etc.)

They need to fix this up a bit, but my guess is they're working on that before doing an app.

#4879 12 months ago

code update for everyone

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#4880 12 months ago

In case anyone is wondering (I was this morning), this new code works OK with multiple games sharing one QR reader. Scans and home team work OK after updating everything.

#4881 12 months ago

I didn’t see much about IC in the notes, is there any big change or all behind the scenes for insider?

#4882 12 months ago

Unless you have a more recent game the changes were pretty minimal. This is what Deadpool got below. The Service menu landing screen very clearly calls out any tech errors and has an animated background with the Stern logo scrolling by, but thats about it. Game Version on the attract mode is a nice touch too.

System V3.36
- Updated to nodeboard firmware/protocol v1.5.0
- Update selectable upper bound for Grand Champion, and HSTD 1-4 Awards. GC may be set up
to 5, HSTD #1 to 4, HSTD #2 to 3, HSTD #3 to 2, and HSTD #4 to 1. The default value for these has
not changed, just the ability to select a higher value.
- Added game version number to lower left of attract mode Insider Connected screens.
- Updated Service Menu landing screen to graphics.

#4883 12 months ago

Note to self,

Don't do update when Friday night in the States. Saturday arvo here now in Australia

Stern Servers must be getting smashed with all the updates.

My Wi Fi is sweet and IMDN updated super fast this morning.

Is it possible to disable auto update ?

20230422_164259 (resized).jpg20230422_164259 (resized).jpg

#4884 12 months ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

I didn’t see much about IC in the notes, is there any big change or all behind the scenes for insider?

My guess encryption on the bus to stop add in boards is in there.

#4885 12 months ago

Did someone make an aftermarket add in board?

#4886 12 months ago
Quoted from fuzz:

I feel your frustration

its the shit USB wireless dongles. They are terrible.

#4887 12 months ago
Quoted from fuzz:

As an operator it's a homerun just alone for the wifi code updates,
knowing if there is a lost ball remotely, stuck switches updates, online status and play counts.
If you don't see the $200 value then just remove them all then and go back in time...

#4888 12 months ago

Does anybody know if I have a leaderboard ending at 4:00 if a game started at 3:59 will be posted?

#4889 12 months ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Does anybody know if I have a leaderboard ending at 4:00 if a game started at 3:59 will be posted?

Doubtful. Start game, leave ball in shooter lane for a week. Then IC updates leader board to include a game started a week ago?

It’s possible Stern implemented it that way but most likely it’s written at the time the final score is determined.

#4890 12 months ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

As an operator it's a homerun just alone for the wifi code updates,
knowing if there is a lost ball remotely, stuck switches updates, online status and play counts.
If you don't see the $200 value then just remove them all then and go back in time...

yeah i guess if it could stay online

i dont see the value, and im not sure how removing them would help that

#4891 11 months ago

Can anyone tell me how long of an ethernet cable I need to relocate the scanner to the coin door? Also is it just standard cat5 that I need?
Thanks

#4892 11 months ago
Quoted from Anony:

Can anyone tell me how long of an ethernet cable I need to relocate the scanner to the coin door? Also is it just standard cat5 that I need?
Thanks

I used the one that came with the kit. You just have to remember to unplug from the IC reader in the door if you lift the playfield and pull it forward for any reason. Plugged into the node board at the front of the playfield. It’s long enough to lift the playfield and pull it out just a bit to allow it to rest on the bumpers. IDK what length it is…maybe 3-foot cable?

#4893 11 months ago
Quoted from Anony:

Thanks

The length of the cabinet is just over 4ft and if you are hooking it up to the main board in the head you are gonna need some more length for that. I am gonna guess the one that came with the kit is a minimum of 6ft long. If you hook it up this way you don't need to worry about disconnecting anything when you lift the playfield.

And yes it is a Cat5 cable.

#4894 11 months ago
Quoted from Anony:

Thanks

For Star Wars I had to plug into the coin door node board with a splitter so the cable is 18 inches or so. Can send pics if wanted.

Good point on the cable. I think mine was standard cat5E dont remember now.

#4895 11 months ago
Quoted from Anony:

Yes, standard cat5. I made my own cables for my IC switch, and just used the ethernet cable I had lying around.

#4896 11 months ago

Can anyone assist me with this issue?

I have set up my insider account and my GZ pin is connected to my WiFi and connected to the net as it passes the test connection step however it seems I am not connected to insider connect.

Whenever I scan my code it just says this game is not on the network.

Guessing I missed a step in this process.

#4897 11 months ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

Can anyone assist me with this issue?
I have set up my insider account and my GZ pin is connected to my WiFi and connected to the net as it passes the test connection step however it seems I am not connected to insider connect.
Whenever I scan my code it just says this game is not on the network.
Guessing I missed a step in this process.

weak wifi?

#4898 11 months ago

Perhaps it’s only showing 50 on strength meter

#4899 11 months ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

Perhaps it’s only showing 50 on strength meter

Damn that's better than mine at 33 to 35. Mine has been solid since the update to machines a few days ago. The connection is supposed to be more "robust".

#4900 11 months ago

So far I haven’t been able to get latest GZ update either. Been leaving the machine on for hours and nothing happens

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
$ 65.00
Playfield - Plastics
Rocket City Pinball

$ 2.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Chrome Candy

Machine - For Sale
Corbin, KY
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
HurryUpPinball

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Myers, FL
$ 125.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
PINBALLPICKERS

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 16.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lermods

$ 240.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

There are 6,153 posts in this topic. You are on page 98 of 124.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-insider-connected/page/98 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.