B79FE22D-D333-43B1-BB88-007E1D6D9EC0_1_201_a (resized).jpeg
786BDDC7-FF68-4737-8EF1-4C19FA258F13 (resized).jpeg
stern (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240306_133535_Facebook (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240306_112422_Stern IC (resized).jpg
IMG_0285 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240303-210941 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

9 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 6,153 posts in this topic. You are on page 67 of 124.
#3301 1 year ago

The funny thing is, the site actually says I'm in GMT-4 or whatever, it just does nothing with that information.

The one big deal they have implemented is auto-update. It's worked twice and saves me an unscheduled trip to the location.

#3302 1 year ago
Quoted from shaub:

Isn't that the truth. With achievements you go from earning a ridiculous amount the first dozen times you play a new game and then all you're left with are the very difficult ones. When it was first released, adding achievements to games I'd already played a ton game them a bit of new life but having them from the launch of the game isn't adding much for me personally. We need so many more features to make this system worthwhile, especially when you considering we're paying like $200USD per machine for this system.

Yeah totally

#3303 1 year ago

It looks like they are starting to add stuff for home users. If you go to https://insider.sternpinball.com/account/machines and click on a machine it now shows high scores. It used to just show code version. This isn't going to work for a leaderboard display, but it shows they are storing that data on home machines as well. My assumption is they are close to rolling out leaderboards for home.

#3304 1 year ago

I would like to see them get a little more creative with the achievements, for the most part they follow the structure of, start mode X, Complete Mode X, Complete Mode X in some special way. The others are, do this thing y 10 times, 50 times, 100 times or something similiar.

Some are really silly, like start the Mode A, which is the first mode in the game and seems like silly achievement. Using Jurassic Park, starting Gallimimus achievement is dumb, its the first dinosaur, I can see Starting Raptor Paddock as more of an achievement as you need to progress a good bit to get there.

They need to branch out, I did hear on Elvira there is some achievement for completing a specific mode on Friday the 13th, that's cool.
Would love for them to add "bad things as well". Have 5 staff members eaten in Jurassic park.
Streaks would be cool too, Start MechaGodzilla MB 5 games in a row.

They should also unlock things on your insider account, example, all the avatar icons are generic, complete 50% of Godzilla Achievements unlocks Godzilla avatar, 75% unlock Megalon avatar for your account etc.... Complete 100 achievements unlock special background

Once they actually make an app they could do push notifications - "Its been 5 days since you played Godzilla, Tokyo is in trouble!"

#3305 1 year ago
Quoted from gblack:

It looks like they are starting to add stuff for home users. If you go to https://insider.sternpinball.com/account/machines and click on a machine it now shows high scores. It used to just show code version. This isn't going to work for a leaderboard display, but it shows they are storing that data on home machines as well. My assumption is they are close to rolling out leaderboards for home.

I and others have mentioned having godzilla scores that don't show up on the leaderboard. Checking the link you shared, I see my missing scores displayed. So Insider is capturing that info but, for whatever reason, isn't having it show up in all the places where it should.

#3306 1 year ago
Quoted from gblack:

A couple weeks ago during the Godzilla IC stream on Dead Flip I asked Jack about IC leaderboards for home and he said not "yet" with what seemed like some optimism/emphasis on "yet".

#3307 1 year ago

Question - In order to display a leaderboard on location via a TV.

I'm guessing the TV(Or Stick) needs to have a web browser, which then you have to navigate to the insider connect website and log in with your account then you can click on panel view????

I feel like I'm missing something here... Like there should just be a link or something. Not sure i like the idea of being logged into my Insider Account at all times on location.

#3308 1 year ago
Quoted from davegauth:

Like there should just be a link or something

There is, when you setup the leaderboard you need to enable Kiosk mode and the IC site provides links for both portrait and landscape viewing that don't require any login. Copy and paste the link into whatever app you're using on the TV to display and you're good to go.

#3309 1 year ago
Quoted from timmmmyboy:

There is, when you setup the leaderboard you need to enable Kiosk mode and the IC site provides links for both portrait and landscape viewing that don't require any login. Copy and paste the link into whatever app you're using on the TV to display and you're good to go.

OK, I'm partly there. been testing - I see the link and it's showing results.

What is the best/easiest way to now get this onto a couple of TVs/monitors? One that can turn on and off automatically.

I know this was asked earlier - but seems like there should be an easier way, and one that doesn't require a signage subscription to do it. And oen that doesn't require re-programing a Rasbery pi in order to change URLs each time a leaderboard re-sets.

#3310 1 year ago

Im trying to set up my leaderboard but the stern site is not giving me the option of portrait or landscape. It just says kiosk for the link. Is anyone else having this problem?

#3311 1 year ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

I and others have mentioned having godzilla scores that don't show up on the leaderboard. Checking the link you shared, I see my missing scores displayed. So Insider is capturing that info but, for whatever reason, isn't having it show up in all the places where it should.

I had a 2.9B game that didn't show up on the leaderboard, and my missing score wasn't displayed using the link.

#3312 1 year ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

I see my missing scores using that link too. My registered scores have my avatar by them, the missing ones just a grey circle. So it seems like they register but don’t link to individual profiles. Weird because even the ones that didn’t link, when I got a high score, my name was still automatically put in for me

#3313 1 year ago
Quoted from NoSkills:

I see my missing scores using that link too. My registered scores have my avatar by them, the missing ones just a grey circle. So it seems like they register but don’t link to individual profiles. Weird because even the ones that didn’t link, when I got a high score, my name was still automatically put in for me

Similar situation here. A score that didn't show up only has a grey circle. Other scores are listed with both a grey circle entry and avatar entry.

#3314 1 year ago

Checking the list of scores on Godzilla ( which didn't turn up on the leaderboard) there are duplicates in my list. 2 exact scores are on there twice.

#3315 1 year ago

BTW - saw that Stern posted on FB that the aberrant aprons (SW, Batman 66, Elvira) should be available later in July.

#3316 1 year ago

IC needs head-to-head gameplay, and it will soar.

Otherwise it's never going to be more than a mildy fun gimic.

#3317 1 year ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

IC needs head-to-head gameplay, and it will soar.
Otherwise it's never going to be more than a mildy fun gimic.

Completely agree. Head to head or they've completely missed the point.

#3318 1 year ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

Checking the list of scores on Godzilla ( which didn't turn up on the leaderboard) there are duplicates in my list. 2 exact scores are on there twice.

It’s still a bug. Duplicate scores with 2 names. The Insider Connect login name, and the initials put in at the game. I think it has to do with enabling long names on the high score table in the game.

#3319 1 year ago

It would be nice to see a big update this year... I'm glad I only bought one kit.

#3320 1 year ago

As a follow up for operator looking to install Leaderboards on location.

Summary first: I'm going with Option 1 below. I like the idea of making additional signage/advertising that can be rotated on the display. Different leaderboards can also be rotated on the display. Being able to turn on and off wby themselves is also a big plus. One twist I will try is to use an HDMI splitter so 1 account can run 2 displays. I'll grab a couple of TV's on Prime day too...

Option 1 - Setup a Leader Board using Yodek (Sign Service, using Rasberry Pi) - 1 free Screen, Can get a Rasberry Pi included with yearly subscription, can turn Tv on and off at set times. Because it is a signage service, you can do a ton more than just.
https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/06/Quick-Start-Yodeck-Insider-Connected-Leaderboard-Operator-Set-up-Guide.pdf

Option 2 - Using Android TV This link shows how to use the ONN stick or box connected to your TV. I do not know if this can turn on and off your TV, or if the APP will automatically launch on start up.
https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/06/Quick-Start-Android-TV-Insider-Connected-Leaderboard-Operator-Set-up-Guide.pdf

Option 3 - Just use a Smart TV and use the/a web browser app in it to display the website. This works, as I tried it on my home TV - but it's cumbersome as you will need to turn the TV on and navigate to the Browser APP every time you turn it on.

Option 4 - Use a Fire TV stick or a Tv running Fire TV and download the Simple Tv Display app($20). This is supposed to automatically boot and default to the web page. Not sure if the Fire Tv's cna be set to turn on and off by themselves at set times though. A big consideration is Amazon prime day is just a week away and all the Amazon Fire TV devices and Tv's will probably be available for a big discount.

#3321 1 year ago

I'm not sure I want synchronous head to head. Fast break is good but concurrency is a real issue. Who wants to wait for an opponent?

I would love ghosts and to maybe put my app alongside the machine and see me race against the scores of other people.

That's interesting but you can do that asynchronously. And is essentially the logical conclusion of geographic and time limited leaderboards.

Some weirdo will decide they want to be the "mayor" of Muensters LEs and try to take the throne everyday. Make them work for it.

I really like the system and my biggest ask is that there is more fun for folks who are NOT at the top of the leaderboards. My kids (along with most normal people on location) are never going to hit grand champion, what fun things can be done to keep them engaged, improving, and surprising themselves?

#3322 1 year ago
Quoted from davegauth:

As a follow up for operator looking to install Leaderboards on location.
Summary first: I'm going with Option 1 below. I like the idea of making additional signage/advertising that can be rotated on the display. Different leaderboards can also be rotated on the display. Being able to turn on and off wby themselves is also a big plus. One twist I will try is to use an HDMI splitter so 1 account can run 2 displays. I'll grab a couple of TV's on Prime day too...
Option 1 - Setup a Leader Board using Yodek (Sign Service, using Rasberry Pi) - 1 free Screen, Can get a Rasberry Pi included with yearly subscription, can turn Tv on and off at set times. Because it is a signage service, you can do a ton more than just.
https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/06/Quick-Start-Yodeck-Insider-Connected-Leaderboard-Operator-Set-up-Guide.pdf
Option 2 - Using Android TV This link shows how to use the ONN stick or box connected to your TV. I do not know if this can turn on and off your TV, or if the APP will automatically launch on start up.
https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/06/Quick-Start-Android-TV-Insider-Connected-Leaderboard-Operator-Set-up-Guide.pdf
Option 3 - Just use a Smart TV and use the/a web browser app in it to display the website. This works, as I tried it on my home TV - but it's cumbersome as you will need to turn the TV on and navigate to the Browser APP every time you turn it on.
Option 4 - Use a Fire TV stick or a Tv running Fire TV and download the Simple Tv Display app($20). This is supposed to automatically boot and default to the web page. Not sure if the Fire Tv's cna be set to turn on and off by themselves at set times though. A big consideration is Amazon prime day is just a week away and all the Amazon Fire TV devices and Tv's will probably be available for a big discount.

Option 5 - use pisignage.com and a Pi and get same features as as option 1 without any fees (up to 2 free licenses)

Problem with Option 1 and 5 is .. finding a Pi. Tho pisignage does have support for older Pi versions, just EOL.

#3323 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Option 5 - use pisignage.com and a Pi and get same features as as option 1 without any fees (up to 2 free licenses)
Problem with Option 1 and 5 is .. finding a Pi. Tho pisignage does have support for older Pi versions, just EOL.

Yes, great 5th option.

Pi's are so hard to find right now. Yodek sells them for a reasonable price. I ordered 1 From them, my thinking was maybe they actually have them.

#3324 1 year ago

Would anyone who had the QR code reader go dark and had it replaced be willing to sell me the broken one? I’d like to mess around with one without risking my working one.

#3325 1 year ago
Quoted from davegauth:

Yes, great 5th option.
Pi's are so hard to find right now. Yodek sells them for a reasonable price. I ordered 1 From them, my thinking was maybe they actually have them.

I just found some at msrp locally today… but they are definitely an issue right now. I was gonna opt for the firestick for a temporary option if i needed a stop gap.

#3326 1 year ago
Quoted from pingreg:

Would anyone who had the QR code reader go dark and had it replaced be willing to sell me the broken one? I’d like to mess around with one without risking my working one.

Stern has you send back the broken one as exchange. I did not get to keep my defective ones.

#3327 1 year ago
Quoted from kettchxxii:

Anyone else's kiosk not rotating to the second page of games? Asking for a friend. . .

This happened to me. Go back and make sure that all your games are selected to be displayed. I have 6 games and recently 2 were mysteriously unchecked so only page 1 was displaying the 4 games with no second page. Checking all 6 games again fixed it.

#3328 1 year ago

I am a new operator and have found IC value to be minimal so far. I hope this changes. I can tell when my game is powered on and off (I ask locations to turn them off at night and on when they open). I can roughly see how many games have been played even if people don’t scan in. This is helpful so I know when to go back and collect the cash. As stated above, the day resets at 8pm so the actual game play stats are wonky to follow. I don’t have more than 1 or 2 games at any single location yet so I get more casual players. That means leaderboards are not that appealing because people are not scanning in and likely won’t sign up for IC. It’s just too confusing with little value to casual players. I remain hopeful that the operator features with be built out with tons of stats but we will see.

#3329 1 year ago
Quoted from dpkzone:

I remain hopeful that the operator features with be built out with tons of stats but we will see.

I am not a Operator, Pro or Location. I clicked on the "location" tab on my Stern insider page and found an arcade not far from me that I didn't even know existed. I'll be heading that way this weekend and plan to stop in and spend some money and report to other local friends. The webpage obviously listed tons of other locations nearby and in the state. At a minimum this gives a really great location finder even if people are not logging into the games when they get there.

Here are the games listed at the local arcade, so you can see why I was surprised not to know it was only 20 miles away:
Avengers: Infinity Quest Pro
Godzilla Pro
Godzilla Premium
Iron Maiden Pro
Jurassic Park Premium
Led Zeppelin Pro
Rush LE
Star Wars Premium
Stranger Things Pro
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Pro
The Mandalorian Pro
The Munsters Pro

#3330 1 year ago
Quoted from JToeps:

Some weirdo will decide they want to be the "mayor" of Muensters LEs

That seems really cheesy.

#3331 1 year ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

That seems really cheesy.

I see what you did there.

#3332 1 year ago
Quoted from CoachBacca:

Hey guys I am sure this has been tackled already but does anyone have a fix for "QR scanner" not installed issue. I get this a lot when I turn on my machine and the scanner just blinks rather than being solid. When I go to the menu it says it is not installed though I have about 60 games registered on it where I have already used insider connected.

Sorry for quoting my own post but I am still having issues with this. Can someone help me out. It has been a while since it has let me connect or red that the QR scanner is not there. Sorry I did change what's in quotation marks inside of the original quoted post for more accuracy.

#3333 1 year ago
Quoted from CoachBacca:

for insider connected not installed issue. I get this a lot when I turn on my machine and the scanner just blinks rather than being solid. When I go to the menu it says it is not installed though I have about 60 games registered on it

Need better information to help you. Would be very unusual to have 60 games using the same scanner and only one not working.

If you mean one of your games won’t connect to your network that could be caused by anything from wrong password to bad hardware.

#3334 1 year ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

Need better information to help you. Would be very unusual to have 60 games using the same scanner and only one not working.
If you mean one of your games won’t connect to your network that could be caused by anything from wrong password to bad hardware.

I have 60 games using the same scanner but in the last 15 sessions over the past five days the QR scanner has only worked twice. When I go into the service menu and go to NET it tells me that the QR Scanner has not been installed which doesn't make sense because it is a recent run AIQ premium, which comes with IC already installed, and I have over 50 games where I have used the scanner. Does this help?

#3335 1 year ago
Quoted from CoachBacca:

I have 60 games using the same scanner but in the last 15 sessions over the past five days the QR scanner has only worked twice. When I go into the service menu and go to NET it tells me that the QR Scanner has not been installed which doesn't make sense because it is a recent run AIQ premium, which comes with IC already installed, and I have over 50 games where I have used the scanner. Does this help?

I think you are just trying yo say it worked before but is now intermittent.

Really ghe only thing in your control is ensuring the rj45 is secure at both ends.

As long as it bongs you know the scanner did its part. If it says not connected just check the cabling and beyond that you need to talk to stern. Its likely failed… which is not uncommon unfortunately

#3336 1 year ago
Quoted from Deez:

This worked perfectly. Going to grab a TV and should be good to go!

I can’t get mine to display properly. I see the honeycomb background for the website but no images, text, or leaderboard data

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#3337 1 year ago

Add me to the list of requesting a Pinball Party mode for IC.

Allow an operator to specify a date, start time, and length, and IC would collect stats of everyone logged into that location. Include:

High scores on each table
Cumulative High Score (points and/or percentage of high score on each table)
Total Achievements

This would be a great feature for private game rooms. It'd encourage guests to register with IC, try every table, and add some great competitions. I'd host parties, with perhaps even prizes for various categories (high score, cumulative, most achievements). You could really make this feature fantastic with an accompanying leaderboard with all these categoriess.

#3338 1 year ago
Quoted from DiabloRush:

Add me to the list of requesting a Pinball Party mode for IC.
Allow an operator to specify a date, start time, and length, and IC would collect stats of everyone logged into that location. Include:

also local timezone

#3339 1 year ago

Not sure if this has been asked yet. But can you get verified achievements for achievements that you've already got unverified? This would give me a reason to play TMNT and AIQ on location. Even though I already own.

#3340 1 year ago
Quoted from CypherPinball:

Not sure if this has been asked yet. But can you get verified achievements for achievements that you've already got unverified? This would give me a reason to play TMNT and AIQ on location. Even though I already own.

Yes

#3341 1 year ago

I set up all my connected games into a single row and will be installing a TV this weekend to display the leaderboards in real time.

Curious on what people think would be good formats for competition as well as what sorts of prizes people would like. I’m partnering with the brewery they’re located at to promote the system and need some good ideas from the fans.

PXL_20220702_160022599.jpgPXL_20220702_160022599.jpg
#3342 1 year ago

At the top of the hour, randomly pick a machine and the #1 score gets a free beer/appy. Limit 1 per person per day.

#3343 1 year ago

Best game where top score on each game gets a beer. Multiple or most top scores perhaps a growler+fill. Run this over a weekend or an entire week,

Could be a good way to encourage people to play "1 more game" if they are getting close to 1 or more prizes.

#3344 1 year ago

The leader boards have definitely breathed some new life into Connected for my 2 main locations. Both have about 8 games hooked up and are displaying the leader boards on tvs throughout. Both are running the boards for 1 month at a time. At the public location, there isn't a prize, it's just for fun but it's still been fun chirping about it in our local FB group. At the other location which is a private club, they are going to give away a translight at the end of the month via a raffle drawing for any member that gets on the board, aka you just have to play the game to have a chance.

#3345 1 year ago

Would be nice if they had leaderboards going for more than one game at a time. Maybe do new monthly leaderboards for all games instead of one at a time.

#3346 1 year ago

I have Nine games hooked up to insider all in the same area. 3 of the nine keep dropping off the internet even though the signal is strong. . strange its been fine before we started July leader boards

#3347 1 year ago

I think it will be the USB wifi sticks- they seem to be pretty crap.

#3348 1 year ago

I haven’t been able to log in for over a week. Anyone else with the same issue?

EC69AE1C-4064-4A99-A2EA-74BB5501468C (resized).pngEC69AE1C-4064-4A99-A2EA-74BB5501468C (resized).png
#3349 1 year ago
Quoted from Soulstoner:

I haven’t been able to log in for over a week. Anyone else with the same issue?
[quoted image]

I just logged in and it worked fine. Try clearing your browser cache.

#3350 1 year ago

some of my devices (phone, especially) have been stuck like that, but I tried chrome on my laptop and it worked.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

7,450 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dacula, GA
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 320.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
5,980 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dacula, GA
$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 55.00
Playfield - Other
FlipMods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 20.00
Lighting - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

€ 178.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 240.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 6,153 posts in this topic. You are on page 67 of 124.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-insider-connected/page/67 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.