stern (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240306_133535_Facebook (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240306_112422_Stern IC (resized).jpg
IMG_0285 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240303-210941 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

9 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider treybo69.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4508 1 year ago

Here's a random silly achievement idea for IC I borrowed from early Xbox 360 games

The development team have an achievement unlocked for them. In order to get the achievement, you have to beat someone with that achievement. So there would be very few people in the beginning who have it, but then slowly more and more would unlock it by playing in competitions.

1 year later
#5809 3 months ago

I noticed on the Stern IC page they use game numbers in a predictable format.

https://insider.sternpinball.com/insider/games/120

Basically the last 3 digits, starting at 100 going up. It covers all the IC games, except machine 119. Which Im guessing is the NFT game that had an IC dongle attached to it?

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#5826 3 months ago

Leaderboards are also still paywalled because they need to give operators something worthwhile

I also think there is limited appeal for the home leaderboards. Might be cool if they added a high score display that listed the best score for all the players registered on a particular games home team (or hell, anyone who comes over and scans themselves in). Then you get the same basic functionality without the server or an extra TV screen in the room.

Really they could be greatly expanding the local leaderboard system already. Why not tell me what my best score for mode XYZ is, and what the highest score by anyone on the machine is?

1 month later
#5974 61 days ago

I like the idea, not the implementation

It should be each game has the top 5% highest scores, bottom 5% lowest score form an upper and lower average bound for each game title. That is set to a 0-100 point scale. When you play a game, your best score is a point value from 0-100 that would correspond with where you rank. Your best individual machine score gets sent to the state, those add up and are divided by the total state players that played.

That way each game has roughly equal weight, even though games like BKSOR and TMNT score way less than games like Godzilla. Because right now why bother playing TMNT? It'll add basically nothing to the total state average.

#5990 60 days ago
Quoted from EJS:

Eric Stone score shouldn’t be removed based on the fact HE’S too good. Only argument that would be Stern overlooked something. Again this is early software not ready for prime time events like this. Not that this is a huge event. If that score was in a 4 player game the rest of the players would have an equal opportunity to achieve the score which is actually a good reason to let all of this stand. But Sterns logic in this whole event is kind of screwy.

The logic is people won't play if it doesn't have some appearance of being competitive. When the goal is set that high on day two, a lot of people would bounce off and forget about it entirely. The point is to drive play all month

That said I agree anyone could do what he did. Maybe Jaws just wasn't ready for to be included

#5999 59 days ago
Quoted from Rexdeanrds:

I fully agree - The same scoring strategy was available to anyone with enough skill to get that far in the game (Not many people) and enough endurance to play that strat for 90 minutes straight (even less people)
It was fairly earned and should stand.
They should update the code for the next week and only use scores from the updated code

This is exactly it. They want more people playing which is fair. But to take away a score because "You're not playing it right" seems childish. It can still stand for this week and then be fixed for next. Also, assuming he just goes in puts up another trillion on Batman 66 which he's done before we're back at the same place. Would they invalidate that score too?

I think it would be fine on B66 because bookworm/Mr freeze is a valid strategy on a fully developed game vs trying to exploit the early beta code. Like what he was doing specifically won’t be in the next code. (Allegedly already fixed internally before he did it)

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#6018 57 days ago
Quoted from KingVidiot:

About 10 paragraphs in I realized I had become what I hate most on pinside.

Admitting it is the first step to recovery

#6020 57 days ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Anyone seen an issue where IC will randomly log you out mid game?
A friend is having this issue and all other IC games he has do not do this. WiFi signal is fine.
Maybe replace the dongle?

Worth a try to swap it with one from a good game.

Otherwise I’d try to reformat the SD card and similar.

#6037 55 days ago

Is Batman 66 the highest score potential for Spike 2 games? (I mean sure, you could theoretically play most games endlessly, but B66 seems like the only one where people can get into the trillions with a valid in-game strat)

#6040 55 days ago
Quoted from Joe_Blasi:

and what about low scoring games like
JAMES BOND 60TH ANNIVERSARY
the beatles

Bond 60th is uniquely low scoring. A game over 50k is very good. Beatles I would compare more to TMNT scoring. A decent score is like 10m.

You can blow up the scoring if you really push your luck on The Beatles. If you don't collect the SJP after doing a mode and finish another mode, a multiplier is applied to the previous uncollected mode SJP. (The mode SJP is the value of the points you scored in the mode that just finished). You can, in theory, have a SJP collect that is 5x mode 1 + 4x mode 2 + 3x mode 3 + 2x mode 4 + 1xmode 5. That could be worth tens of millions

#6048 55 days ago
Quoted from Mleiter:

The rankings are supposed to be the average of all scores, not a single high score. That means that 200 billion is the average score. There should be scores dramatically higher than that for it the be the average. Maybe one with even a trillion points... Has a trillion-point score known the have been achieved?
[quoted image]

There are very few Batman 66's out there with the IC kit and yeah, people can put up multi-trillion point games on Batman 66 with the right strategies.

#6068 53 days ago

Batman 66 patch imminent

#6081 52 days ago

Again, they should weight the machines on a 0-100 scale based on the top 5% highest scores and lowest 5%. Then the crazy outliers don't affect this so much and you have a reason to play games like Bond 60

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

€ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 299.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 320.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Lewisville, TX
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burnt Cabins, PA
$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Lermods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 125.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
PINBALLPICKERS

Machine - For Sale
Carl Junction, MO
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider treybo69.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-insider-connected?tu=treybo69 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.