B79FE22D-D333-43B1-BB88-007E1D6D9EC0_1_201_a (resized).jpeg
786BDDC7-FF68-4737-8EF1-4C19FA258F13 (resized).jpeg
stern (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240306_133535_Facebook (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240306_112422_Stern IC (resized).jpg
IMG_0285 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240303-210941 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

9 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 6,153 posts in this topic. You are on page 119 of 124.
#5901 57 days ago
Quoted from BRW84:

I think the shark tooth redemption to play the challenge modes is a really cool idea. It feels like the evolution of the Magic Token on Safecracker.

part of Magic Token was for non in game stuff think arcade games with tickets or the light on ICE cold beer.

1 week later
#5902 47 days ago

Sorry if this has been asked and answered before, I bought a used machine, when I hook up to it with insider connect it shows I played at the previous owners location. how do I set the machine to the new location? thanks .

#5903 47 days ago
Quoted from tonycip:

Sorry if this has been asked and answered before, I bought a used machine, when I hook up to it with insider connect it shows I played at the previous owners location. how do I set the machine to the new location? thanks .

Someone may correct me, but if I'm not mistaken, you'll need to reach out to the previous owner and ask them to unregister the game from their insider account. Then you'll be able to register it.

#5904 47 days ago

I think you can remove the registration from the game now in the insider connected menu. I had to do that on an AIQ I traded for.

#5905 47 days ago
Quoted from Bluthgg:

I think you can remove the registration from the game now in the insider connected menu. I had to do that on an AIQ I traded for.

I can confirm this. Simple unregistering can be done from the machine itself, though I haven't tried it when disconnected; I did this before selling my Spike 2 games.

#5906 47 days ago

Yeah just go into the NET menu and go to insider connected and press enter to delete the registration.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#5907 47 days ago
Quoted from Bluthgg:

Quoted from bwalter:

I can confirm this. Simple unregistering can be done from the machine itself, though I haven't tried it when disconnected; I did this before selling my Spike 2 games.

Quoted from ZoraShinoda:

Yeah just go into the NET menu and go to insider connected and press enter to delete the registration.[quoted image]

Good to know! Stern needed to ad that option. Now we just need official home leaderboards

#5908 47 days ago

so if you get achievements at home arcade then go play on location can you then get those achievements verified if you do them on a verified location. Meaning replace them on your list with green check marks instead of the white

#5909 47 days ago
Quoted from rx2006je:

so if you get achievements at home arcade then go play on location can you then get those achievements verified if you do them on a verified location. Meaning replace them on your list with green check marks instead of the white

Yup that's how it works.

#5910 47 days ago
Quoted from rx2006je:

Also- If you do a cumulative achievement 99/100 times at home and once on location, it will also be green.
Pretty sure it doesn't even need to be the last one for the milestone- any of 'em.

#5911 47 days ago

When I search for a launch party (most recently looking for Jaws) in the app, I enter ZIP code, and it shows dozens of places in seemingly no certain order. Anyone else seeing this? And is there a better way to find a nearby launch party?

I’m in McKinney, TX 75071 FWIW.

#5912 47 days ago
Quoted from Livin:

When I search for a launch party (most recently looking for Jaws) in the app, I enter ZIP code, and it shows dozens of places in seemingly no certain order. Anyone else seeing this? And is there a better way to find a nearby launch party?
I’m in McKinney, TX 75071 FWIW.

Haha yes, I made a similar post a few weeks ago. I searched for Florida and the places at the top of the list were in Illinois and Iowa and places like that. I tried just my ZIP code, my city and state and just my state none of it worked.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-insider-connected/page/118#post-8021402

#5913 46 days ago

No new March IC challenge badges, hope it’s just a late deployment. Total bummer as I am now really looking forward to them and the extra value it gives in owning Stern pins. Good news we got a new Leaderboard.

<——- Stern, you looking for a IC Product Owner?

IMG_2867 (resized).jpegIMG_2867 (resized).jpeg
#5914 46 days ago

HUGE INSINUATION!!IMG_0596 (resized).jpegIMG_0596 (resized).jpeg

#5915 46 days ago

https://www.facebook.com/share/v/XmATVfY1Tetyac34/?mibextid=WC7FNe

This trailer has a lot of little tidbits packed in. IC may get a huge evolution this March.

#5916 46 days ago

IC for March!

IMG_2873 (resized).jpegIMG_2873 (resized).jpeg
#5917 46 days ago

Will we see real time Head to Head via IC?

New Custom Player tags (Not generic Color + Shape tags)?

Dare I suggest... Home leaderboards (Sports theme fitting sort of)

#5918 46 days ago
Quoted from Rexdeanrds:

Please, yes! It's such a great platform and I feel like Stern realizes the value and edge it gives them over other manufacturers. Something tells me there are definitely big plans coming to fruition.

#5919 46 days ago

My guess is a sweet 16 bracket of pin vs pin and badges for the “winning pins” and maybe a player.

If that’s the case for the player my bet is on Taylor and the pin for the win Jaws.

#5920 46 days ago

Heck yeah for all your suggestions.

Quoted from Rexdeanrds:

#5921 46 days ago
Quoted from TroyS:

My guess is a sweet 16 bracket of pin vs pin and badges for the “winning pins” and maybe a player.
If that’s the case for the player my bet is on Taylor and the pin for the win Jaws.

Would be so great if it were a bunch of new features, especially home leaderboards. But unfortunately I’m guessing it’s more like you guess with pin vs pin and badges.

#5922 46 days ago
Quoted from Rexdeanrds:

Home leaderboards are overdue. Would be so great to have them.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/no-home-leaderboards-for-stern-insider-connected#post-7280704

#5923 46 days ago
Quoted from Pinhead_:

Also- If you do a cumulative achievement 99/100 times at home and once on location, it will also be green.
Pretty sure it doesn't even need to be the last one for the milestone- any of 'em.

I'm not sure that is correct. I believe you also have to get 100 on location. I have completed games at home, but when I achieve them on location it would show 1 verified (of the 100 I need).

#5924 46 days ago

Maybe it’s hinting at home leaderboards we know it’s been coming ! Idk just an idea!

#5925 45 days ago

Reset your high scores. Boom, home leaderboards.

#5926 45 days ago
Quoted from PrinzFred:

I'm not sure that is correct. I believe you also have to get 100 on location. I have completed games at home, but when I achieve them on location it would show 1 verified (of the 100 I need).

Correct. You are basically starting over once you are at a location in terms of green.

#5927 45 days ago

Man I love what stern is doing with IC, but this is a really half cocked event. Basically boils down to the states with the highest populations winning. Pretty lame.

IMG_1108 (resized).pngIMG_1108 (resized).png
#5928 45 days ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

Man I love what stern is doing with IC, but this is a really half cocked event. Basically boils down to the states with the highest populations winning. Pretty lame.
[quoted image]

#winning

#5929 45 days ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

[quoted image]

It says it’s based on average daily high scores, so a high population state could have lower average high scores than a low population state.

“ Your team’s score is calculated based on the average daily high scores of the players on each title in your state.”

#5930 45 days ago

Attaching screenshots of the rules from the app. There is a bunch of ambiguity, but maybe they'll have a more detailed web version later that better spells things out.

Screenshot_20240302-195526 (resized).pngScreenshot_20240302-195526 (resized).png

Screenshot_20240302-195537 (resized).pngScreenshot_20240302-195537 (resized).png

As far as I'm aware, there may not be a single IC-enabled machine on location in the state of Hawaii. There may be fewer than a dozen such home machines, and surely far from even a single one of each title.

So like, how would Hawaii vs say California work? If you didn't want to penalize states due to machine access, and on a particular day I play my one game and no one else in the state records any IC score, would my highest score vs. the average of the highest scores from all individual users for that same game in California decide which state won the day?

Quoted from MayDave:

It says it’s based on average daily high scores, so a high population state could have lower average high scores than a low population state.
“ Your team’s score is calculated based on the average daily high scores of the players on each title in your state.”

#5931 45 days ago

What about the rest of the world?

#5932 45 days ago
Quoted from Skippy2904:

What about the rest of the world?

See the "Note:" section

Will be combined and treated as a state

#5933 45 days ago

what will be the settings we play on? 3 ball 2 extra ball? factory settings? Or is it only on verified machines?

#5934 44 days ago

Crap a lot of people own James Bond 60th in MN and Stern is running bond leaderboards this month

#5936 44 days ago

Its just a virtual sticker held on a server at Stern HQ.

#5937 44 days ago

Anyone have a right side IC QR scanner bracket they’d be willing to part with?

Parts - Wanted
Wanted! - “Looking for a right side Stern IC apron bracket for the Insider Connected QR scanner. If you relocated your scanner and have a bracket hanging around let me know what you want for...”
44 days ago
Suffield, CT
Expired!

#5938 44 days ago
Quoted from Tophervette:

Its just a virtual sticker held on a server at Stern HQ.

I got ALL the stickers! (Makes no sense)

IMG_7516 (resized).pngIMG_7516 (resized).png
#5939 44 days ago

I think it’s gonna be international team as the winner. As the balances is not quite even….

#5940 44 days ago
Quoted from Wmsfan-GAP:

I think it’s gonna be international team as the winner. As the balances is not quite even….

International had the head start. Won't really have a good idea of how it's all stacking up until after the end of day one. I played two games checking before and after. The Kansas score increased after both games (only ~300 mill on Jaws and 300 mill on bond). I'm thinking each players average score adds to the total, but I really don't know at this point.

#5941 44 days ago

Does this March challenge seem to be just based on raw score or weighted by machine somehow? Because 4 billion on Godzilla is about equally challenging as 1.5 billion on Jurassic or Elvira.

#5942 44 days ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Does this March challenge seem to be just based on raw score or weighted by machine somehow? Because 4 billion on Godzilla is about equally challenging as 1.5 billion on Jurassic or Elvira.

I got 600 million something on Elvira this morning but I have it set pretty tight and no EB allowed. Too bad it probably doesn’t take all that into consideration

#5943 44 days ago

To everyone in South Carolina:

I'm sorry about my scores.

#5944 44 days ago
Quoted from EJS:

I got ALL the stickers! (Makes no sense)
[quoted image]

I had these earlier today as well, but they were removed later on and are not showing anymore.

#5945 44 days ago
Quoted from arnzzz:

I had these earlier today as well, but they were removed later on and are not showing anymore.

Me too. What the hell….they stole my badges.

#5946 44 days ago
Quoted from EtzEtz:

Me too. What the hell….they stole my badges.

Badges - Badges....We don't need no stinkin' Badges....

#5947 44 days ago

Screenshots from current standings. Does anyone understand how these scores are calculated?

Screenshot_20240303-160259 (resized).pngScreenshot_20240303-160259 (resized).png

Screenshot_20240303-160308 (resized).pngScreenshot_20240303-160308 (resized).png

Also, poor Hawaii. If I didn't have to pack for the airport, I'd play one game to see what happens. Might help us figure out the mechanics.

#5948 44 days ago

What a dumb event

Screenshot_20220705-225627_Brave (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220705-225627_Brave (resized).jpg
#5949 44 days ago

Not sure how state scores are being calculated. I just played a quick game of Foo to get to 100M then drained to check. IL score went down about 5M.

Then played Bond and got to 1B and drained. IL score went up 3M. So net loss of 2M after my 2 games.

Checked scores right before playing each game. And for a few minutes before I played the first game I kept refreshing scores and they weren’t changing. So didn’t seem like too many people playing at the time.

#5950 44 days ago

Based on my post above, for me at least, this doesn’t seem like an IC event worth put too much effort into.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 275.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Performance Pinball

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 35.00
$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Lighting - Led
Lermods

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Glen Ellyn, IL
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Plastics
The Electric Playground

$ 73.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 35.50
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 5.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Old Town Pinball

$ 17.50
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 6,153 posts in this topic. You are on page 119 of 124.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-insider-connected/page/119 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.